Closed Out of Your Way

Iris van Houten

Whimsical | Quiet | Thoughtful | Inner Eye Asst.

OOC First Name
Daphne
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Gay (Rosalind)
Wand
Knotted 14 Inch Sturdy Hawthorn Wand with Augurey Tail Feather Core
Iris followed her classmates out of the classroom, still tucking her notes into her bag. She was very aware of the upcoming exams and had plans to make a study guide this afternoon after her classes were over. Maybe she could convince Rose to join her, though her girlfriend didn't seem all that interested in her studies. Iris didn't want to nag her and be annoying, but she did want to help her. To her surprise, she spotted said girlfriend right outside her classroom door. Iris blinked, wondering for a moment if she'd had this class with Rose without knowing it. But no, she would have definitely seen her in the classroom before now. "Rose? What are you doing here?" She asked, surprised. Shouldn't Rose be in her own classroom?

Rose had never really cared about her schooling. It wasn't that important to her, she couldn't see herself needing any of it later. Since she had started dating Iris, Rose felt that old protectiveness surge back up again. She hadn't felt this protective of someone since Lily had been in school. Rose just hoped that she didn't have to punch anyone like she had punched Jasper. She had been trying to do better. After thinking about it, she decided that walking Iris between classes would be nice. She could keep an eye on her and make sure no one was trying anything, and she could spend time with her. She had been waiting outside the class, and smiled as Iris came out. Rose straightened from where she'd been leaning on the wall and walked over, offering out her hand. "I thought I could walk with you to your next class," she told Iris with a warm smile.

Iris smiled and took Rose's hand. She had to admit, it was nice to see the other girl earlier than she had expected. Iris had thought they wouldn't get a moment until lunch, where she'd invite Rose to her table or sit at the Gryffindor table. But she was still confused. "It's very sweet of you." She said. "But how are you here? Didn't you have a class on a different floor?" Iris asked, frowning slightly. "Was it a short one?" She asked, as occasionally professors let students leave early. Though not that often.

Rose smiled, lacing her fingers through Iris' and trying to lead her down the hall. "I did." Rose shrugged. "I don't know. I just left." She replied easily, like it didn't matter. It probably didn't, Rose's grades weren't great anyway. "I thought I could walk with you between classes," she explained, thinking it sounded like a good idea.

Iris let Rose take her hand, but when Rose told her she had just left her class early, she stopped walking and didn't let Rose lead her anywhere. She frowned. "Rose." She said, tugging on her hand to make her look at her. "Walking me to my class is very sweet, but you can't just leave your own class like that. You'll get in trouble." She said seriously.

Rose was surprised when Iris stopped her, and she turned to look at her girlfriend. "I don't think anyone minds," she tried to reassure the other girl. "My grades aren't great anyway. I doubt any of my professors care." She reached out, wanting to tuck Iris' hair back. "I'll figure things out. I'd rather take care of you," She answered honestly.

Iris was surprised when Rose said she didn't think anoyone minded, a bit shocked at how badly she was missing the point. "I'm pretty sure they do mind, but you should mind." She told Rose urgently. "Your grades matter, you shouldn't skip things for me." She paused, reaching to take Rose's hand. "I don't need to be walked to class, Rose. I won't get attacked by a dementor popping out from behind a suit of armor." She smiled slightly. "I like the company, of course, but not at the cost of your education." She said, hoping Rose understood what she meant to say.

Rose was a little put out with Iris' statement. She had thought the other girl would be happier to have Rose with her more. She was almost upset about it for a moment, but studying Iris' face and listening to her words, Rose couldn't help but sigh. "They don't matter. I don't care about my grades." She relaxed, smiling warmly. "But you do."

Rose shook her head, before stepping forward. She brushed Iris' hair back out of her face and pressed a kiss to her forehead. "Alright, love. You win. I'll stay in class," Rose pulled back, pouting just a bit. "I was looking forward to spending more time with you, though," Rose trailed her hands down, running her fingers gently over Iris' arms. "How about to make up for it," Rose mused over it a moment. "What if... you meet me tonight? In the north tower, before dinner?" Rose asked, smiling warmly and stepping just a touch closer to her girlfriend.

Iris sighed softly, shaking her head. "Even if you don't care about your grades, you shouldn't do things that might get you in trouble." Iris said with a slight frown. "I don't want you to get detention or something." She relaxed slightly when Rose brushed her hair out of her face. "I don't want to win." She murmured, leaning into her touch slightly. "I just want you to take as good care of yourself as you do of me." She smiled, reaching up to take her hand and squeeze it. She nodded at Rose's suggestion. "Sure, that sounds great." She said with a smile.

Rose almost chuckled and shook her head. She was pretty much always in trouble, she was used to it. Rose did smile, however, enjoying just being close to Iris. She leaned in and pressed a soft kiss to Iris' temple. "I suppose I can try," She teased her girlfriend. Rose thought about it a moment. "I'll pick you up, then, outside your common room?" She asked, thinking it sounded like a good idea.

Iris blushed slightly at the kiss Rose pressed to her temple. She was really looking forward to tonight. "I'm sure you can do it." She said with a small smile, leaning closer to kiss her cheek. She nodded as Rose suggested meeting outside her common room. "Sounds good, can we sit together at dinner after?" She asked. "I think we ate at the Ravenclaw table last time, so let's sit at your table tonight."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back