Out of the Dungeon

Sebastian Rossi

Wand
Straight 14" Rigid Aspen Wand with Essence of Belladonna Core
Now that school was over for good, Sebastian Rossi could not be any happier. The last term of school had been hell for him. Not only did he have to face seeing his ex-girlfriend in many of his classes, but once again he had become the subject of rumors with the students of Beauxbatons. This time they were trying and failing to figure out what had finally broken Trilby and Sebastian up. He didn't know if Trilby had spoken to anyone about it, but not a word of what had happened passed his lips. In fact, not much had passed his lips at all until his bandmates had broken him out of his funk. Graduation had been pretty unbearable because he'd been forced to sit and listen to Trilby speak to the class about their future, and he couldn't help but grimace every time she spoke about her future, knowing he would not play a part in it.

A week later when Sebastian was tired of awaiting his NEWT results and sitting at home doing nothing, he left his grandmother's home and apparated to Paris. He absolutely loved the large city because there was always something going on. His own small town was invaded by more old people than not, and he had heard some unfortunate rumors about the Strauss twins that he hadn't been able to confirm but that he desperately hoped were not true, so he basically had no one to hang out with at home. There was also a particular cafe in Paris that he loved because they had some of the best french coffee and desserts he'd ever had. With a crack, he landed in an alleyway right behind the cafe and the wonderful smell of the coffee invaded his nose. Allowing it to lead him, he left the alley and entered the cafe. After ordering himself a cup of their strongest coffee and some coconut biscuits, he made his way to a small table right near the large window so he could watch all of the Parisians as they walked past.

It was an absolutely beautiful day in Paris. Sawyer loved everything about the city where she was born and had lived most of her life...away from school that is. There was always something going aflutter around the city. Carnivals, people hopping from store to store, parties...you name it and it happened here. The recent graduate had quickly grown tired of sitting and waiting on the owl who would be delivering her NEWT scores to her so she had decided that a trip to the place she loved most would be just the ticket. She had thought she'd performed decently enough on the exams, but the longer it for her results to get back to her the more doubts she began to have.

After browsing through several boutiques Sawyer decided to stop at a cafe and have a latte and a cranberry scone. As she was looking for a table she saw someone who she thought looked familiar, but in a city this size everyone looked familiar. She neared the table and then realized that it was Sebastian...at least she thought that was his name. They'd had potions together and they'd graduated together and if she wasn't mistaken he had dated the Head Girl...Trilby Kaleidoscope or something like that. She really couldn't remember the girls name and seeing as how she would probably never see her again, Sawyer didn't see the point in straining herself to try and remember.

The brunette walked over to the table and said in her Parisian accent, "Bonjour. You're Sebastian, am I correct?" Sawyer would feel like a complete ninny if this was not the boy she thought he was.

Sebastian had just stuffed a biscuit in his mouth when he heard someone speak to him. He turned his head, startled because he hadn't expected to run into anyone he knew. What he faced was a pretty brunette French girl. He nodded his head twice, chewing and quickly swallowing the wonderful coconut biscuit that he'd eaten. "Oui" he replied quickly, trying to place the girl. There really was only one place he could know her from in France though. School. He didn't really travel around the country very often because most of his friends preferred New Zealand.

Gesturing towards the seat across from him, Sebastian hoped that she would join him. Her name was still not coming to him and he hoped that speaking more with her would help him avoid the embarassment of having to ask her name. She obviously remembered his, and he wondered why hers was escaping his mind. Glad that she knew at least some English, he spoke again. "You were in my...uh...Potions class, right?" he asked, hoping he was right. He was pretty sure he was, a picture of a girl sitting in front of him with hair in her color and style floating in his mind. He held out the plate of biscuits so that she could take one if she wanted. "Enjoying being a graduate?" he asked, a smile crossing his face.

Well at least she had gotten his name right. Sawyer would have felt extremely foolish had she been off on that much. As he gestured to the seat across from him the slender brunette situated herself in the chair, crossing her legs at the ankles the way she knew was appropriate in social situations. Her mother would have been so proud. Sawyer nodded at his question in regards to being in Potions together. "Yes. I do believe that is correct," she replied, impressed with how well her English had progressed over the years. When asked if she was enjoying being graduated she had to think for a moment. Was she enjoying it? The girl wasn't exactly sure of the answer. When she'd been in school she at least was on the top of her game. She was popular and had people that both loved and feared her. Now that she was out in the so called real world she was simply just another skinny little rich girl living off of her father's fortune. Instead of giving this boy, that she only knew from rare occasions of being in class together, the entire sob story of her new life she replied with, "I suppose it's fair enough. Still not entirely sure what it is I want to do with my life, but nonetheless...it does mean that the anxiety of my studies are behind me." Sawyer sipped from her latte as she looked at Sebastian curiously. "And you, how are you enjoying being graduated from school?"

At least he'd been right about what class they'd shared. As he awaited her reply, Sebastian tried his hardest to think of her name. Her name starts with an S like mine. He was fairly sure of that, picturing the professor taking roll. Too bad he hadn't paid more attention during it. Stephanie, Sara, Sawyer...that's it. He smiled, happy that the name had come to him without his having to embarass himself and ask her. As he listened to her reply, Sebastian found himself nodding in agreement. He wasn't sure what he wanted to do besides music, and until Ares Moon hit it big, if they in fact did, he needed some way to bring in the galleons. " I'm just glad school's over. I've been taking it easy so far, but I need to start looking for work soon" he admitted. His grandmother kept hinting to him that he needed to get one and he knew he should as well. He didn't want to ask his nona to lend him a few galleons every time he wanted to head out. He was a fully licensed wizard now after all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back