Origin of Surnames

I wanted a last name that fitted my characters personality in a way. And well, Winters fit her, because she can be very cold to people.
Kind of lame, but whatever.

Sandy i got from Sandy grease and Heart i got from my head

Kiera Kingsley-- I actually took this from Kingsley Shacklebolt. I had the name Kiera and I thought that Kingsley fit well. It was right after I read Deathly Hollows so the name was fresh in my mind.

Professor Cyndi Weasley said:
I've got no idea where I got the name Weasley from :p . Seriously though, Ron was always my favorite character in the series. I knew when I created my character, she HAD to be a Weasley. And Cyndi is my real first name, so I guess I lacked creativity in that sense.

Finch I got from one of my other favorite books : To Kill a Mockingbird. Their first names, I kind of just randomly chose. I don't think I had a special reason for choosing them :tut: .

I really :wub: the name Sebastian and Rossi sounded good with it.
I loved Ron! :hug: and Neville I actually made a longbottom email to go with my first name it was uber awesome :woot:

Okay, so I was finding it really hard to pick a surname that fitted Miles. So in the end, I looked at the PB's surname - Vanwyngarden. This showed me that he was of Dutch descent. Since my character has all the physical attributes of the PB, I decided that a Dutch surname would obviously fit the character Miles too. I looked through a list of them, and I really liked the ones that were somehow related to animals. Since Miles is kind of freedom-loving and 'wild', I thought that Vanderwolf would be cool. It's a direct translation of "of the wolf". It was uncommon enough so that no one else would take it, but also common enough so as not to be unrealistically rare. I was originally going to spell it Van de Wolf, but I decided I liked the one-word version better. :p

Lol, I just realised how cool it would be if Miles became a werewolf. xD
Except I don't want him to.

Well Goulding is my actual surname in real life, so creativity reading was zero on that test.

I have a feeling that Damico was created from an MSN conversation with either Camilla or Katie Winchester, although I have a feeling it was the former and Fletcher was just a random one really :lol:

Henrick is just a first name I found while searching for his first name and thought it would be a cool surname.

I have Pratchett which should be anyone who has heard of the discworld : P

White was a suggestion from my mum

and kensington was the first surname I found on the internet while searching.

Mike Goulding said:
Well Goulding is my actual surname in real life, so creativity reading was zero on that test.

I have a feeling that Damico was created from an MSN conversation with either Camilla or Katie Winchester, although I have a feeling it was the former and Fletcher was just a random one really :lol:
I did that with several first names on here for RL names.

Maddiie- My sister writes it like that.
Jacob and Jonathan-Both my brothers name actually my two youngest

I don't think I would use my RL last name but its not common so I ♥ and a lot people used their RL names here

I like Henrick and Kengingston.

As for this name Blake, Blake was used in my rp name on another site. Except it wasn't human I think an Angel?

Hmmm, let's see...

Trewelly (this account, Jessame Rose) I just made up. I wanted something with more than two syllables that didn't sound normal. I may or may not have been thinking of Professor Trelawney from the books at the time.

Karhunlappi (Beaumont) is a combination of the Finnish words karhu meaning 'bear' and lappi, an old word meaning 'of Lapland' or something. I didn't look them up and I may be wrong, because I just pieced it together from my limited knowledge of Finnish (I lived in Finland for 9 months). I wanted Beau to have Finnish ancestry.

Laude (Emer) is a different spelling of my own last name, Lord. My friend actually created the account of Emer Laude (my RL name is Emma Lord), but then decided not to continue RPing and I got stuck playing me-in-the-future.

Lowart (as in Ksaafa, and the others I don't RP: Rosiee, Cale, Faxen and Ollie) is the name I was considering changing to when I thought I was going to get married to a guy with the last name Stewart. Lo(rdSte)wart.

Strayde (Salazar)... I'm not sure how I came up with this. I wanted something important-sounding, but not common or cliche. Also old-fashioned (I actually originally made it up for Ekky the house elf's old master's family name. I created Salazar much later). I just kind of made it up.

Cross (as in Double Kings Cross). I saw a request on the plot development boards to RP Kenzington Cross' sister. I thought "Ooh, there's so much I could do with the last name Cross" plus the kind of character Amy wanted for Kenzi's brother sounded fun to play, so I agreed on the condition I could call the poor kid Double. :p

Von Hohenstein-Kirchberg, or more properly - and very rarely used: Von Kirchberg auf Hohenstein, came to me as I was already playing two Germans on another site. I wiki:ed some interesting things on Wikipedia, and stumbled upon Hohenlohe-Kirchberg, from which I substituted Hohenlohe with Hohenberg, then wallowing between the current (-stein) and the former (-berg) over the suffixes to Hohen- I finally decided on Von Hohenstein-Kirchberg. So yes, the single little Kirchberg implies relation with the Hohenlohes, as intended by me.

:r Then I found out that there are Sayn-Wittgenstein-Hohensteins, but anyway...

Hamza Khalid is my ACTUAL name. lol

Hamza = Brave, Trustworthy.

Khalid = Immortal

hmm well Kaster, i was looking at my RL last names histroy then the last name Koster came up in the search too so i switched the o to an a to make it Kaster
Her first name Tamalia is my nick name becuase the teacher called me Tamale, then my friends changed it to Tamalia to make it sound more girlie so thats it and the history about the name is answered, not very awesome though oh well :)
Rose was the first name i could think of xD

Well with Mckay, I got it off of a show called Stargate Atlantis. Rodney Mckay, was really funny, and then thats where I got Richard as I didn't want to totally copy the name. With Rose Tyler that was off Doctor Who, and I couldnt be bothered to do anything else. I also have Emiko Hitachiin. Hitachiin came from an anime/manga that I am quite fond of, and Emiko came from a random Japanese site. Alana Torelli. She was a tough one. My aunt is actually french, and I remembered her once mentioning a friend of hers. Sophie Toronelli. So I dropped of the -on- of Toronelli and it became -Torelli-. Then the name Alana I thought of myself. And I think thats about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back