Operation: Slipping Under The Radar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoe Harkness

OOC First Name
- stacey -
Wand
Black Walnut 12.5 inch Essence of Meteorite Dust Core
Nervous and excited, Zoe waited by the entrance doors for her friend Kira. She stood rather shyly away from other students - and her little sparkly dress was not helping her feel any more comfortable. She needed Kira to get here as soon as humanly possible so that she could ditch the ensemble and slip into something more comfortable.

She had tried to keep up a smile and positive attitude as her mother let her attend the Ball, and then forced her into the dress. Mrs Harkness had called it a compromise.

It had taken a lot of bargaining and whining to get here, but as Zoe marvelled at her first Yule Ball, she knew it had totally been worth it.

She knew that somewhere in the sea of students, her twin brothers were watching with smug smiles as they sported their tailor made suits. They had better be grateful and write a thank you letter to Kira^s sister Tyra after this.

Zoe sighed and began to grow a little bored. She watched couples come and go; she saw a few of her classmates and gave a stiff wave whenever they made eye contact; and she flushed pink whenever someone commented on the dress. She wanted to get out of it now. She glanced around frantically for Kira to hurry it up and bring the back up clothing, before she died of embarrassment.

But to her relief, Kira finally came back, a bag in hand, with knowing smile on her face.

OOCOut of Character:
ignore this wrong account

Kira ran a little late, package in hand. She slipped in and out of students as she hurried to the Grand Hall. She made sure to keep an eye out for Zoe, though.

Sure enough, there was the blond by the front entrance. Kira hurried up to her, a smile one her face. "Here you are. Ready to be amazed yet again?" She grinned wickedly at the other girl. "Tyra never fails."

Zoe jumped up and down excitedly as Kira opened it. Inside, was a lovely simple dark long sleeved grey dress; long dark stockings; and cool grey boots. Zoe^s lit up and she squealed. I love it! The girl took the bag and twirled around. It was exactly what she had in mind. Tyra is so talented, she went on, eyeing the sewing. It^s so professional. Do tell her I say thank you so much!

She was then just about the leave to go and change into her new outfit, when she made eye contact with two pairs of dark eyes that she did not want to see. Two fairly tall boys in suits with coat tails nudged each other and started walking towards them, making Zoe panic.

Uh oh, Zoe froze. Kira gave her a concerned look; unaware of the situation. ...It^s my brothers, she squeaked.

Kira smiled as Zoe fawned over Tyra's work. "Of course. She actually told me to say thank you for giving her something new to work with." Kira winked playfully. "She's been stuck with me for so long I think she enjoys the fresh challenges."

Zoe froze then, and Kira looked at her with concern until the blond said her brothers were coming. Kira turned to face the twins, a sly smile on her face. "Well boys, you make those suits even more dashing. Do they fit alright?"

Zoe seemed concerned to see the boys approaching, but Kira was at ease. She could well handle anything the two of them had to say.

Zoe nearly choked as Kira referred to her brothers as dashing - but she was way to speechless to react to anything.

Well well well, Louis smirked, walking over and resting his arm on top of Zoe^s head. What do we have here? Henry finished off, snatching the bag out of Zoe^s hands. He looked inside and raised an eyebrow, intrigued. Zoe turned pink and grumbled.
Hey, Zoe pouted, reaching for it. Give that back!

The twins laughed, before glancing at Kira. They simultaneously tilted their heads and smiled. Kira Wolf, Louis said and leaned more on his little sister. Our little sister^s new friend and assistant briber, Henry said, putting his elbow on Zoe^s head too. Thanks for the suits - they, are a huge hit, Louis winked, and Zoe snorted at the thought of how long they had spent admiring themselves in the mirror. She then rolled her eyes at the Gryffindors, unamused by their attempt at charm.

Do thank your sister, Henry smirked, before both boys bowed and took each of the dark haired girl^s hands, before lightly kissing them. Zoe^s jaw dropped open in shock. These two were shameless - utterly and completely shameless. She just hoped that Kira would accept her apology later.
Now tell us little sister, Louis then ruffled her hair, What is with the change in clothes?

Zoe sighed. They were getting on her nerves on purpose - they had to be. Even though the girls had disclosed the part about changing, the twins still wanted to make Zoe squirm and make her tell them her reasoning.

Kira smiled as she watched the twins interact with Zoe, and her smile turned coy when the twins turned on her. They could try their charm all they wanted- she was immune.

She smirked when the boys kissed her hands, partly because she saw Zoe's reaction. Kira couldn't help but blush a bit. "Take your devilish good looks and boyish charms elsewhere," she told them flippantly, "They won't do you much good here."

They turned to Zoe then, and Kira answered for her. "Tyra never could let an opportunity slip by, so she sent something for Zoe as well. I knew I would see her tonight so I brought it along. Tyra would be so devastated if I didn't give complete details as to how you all liked her work." She wasn't technically lying, but she was trying to sidetracked the twins.

Zoe sighed in relief as Kira steered the conversation towards Tyra and away from why she had wanted to change. She was also rather pleased with how she handled the twins and their sad excuse for flirting, and instantly decided that Kira was more of her favourite person now that she had before.

We are wounded, the twins said at the same time, causing Zoe to smack her forehead. Somehow I think you will survive, Zoe murmured. Now, if you two do not mind, Kira and I would like to get as far away from you as possible.

We are not leaving until you tell us why you have this..., Henry dangled the bag in front of her face.
Fat chance, Zoe growled. She then glanced at Kira and mouthed the words Help me!.

Kira giggled a bit. After Zoe's silent plea, she stepped in smoothly. "Excuse me, boys, but I believe those girls are staring at you." Kira nudged the closest twin and nodded back towards the Ball, where several girls were watching the twins and giggling.

Zoe drifted her gaze to the cluster of girls who were eyeing her brothers and smirked. Well, there is a perfect reason to leave. The twins glanced at each other before smiling and moving to walk away.

It would seem that we are needed elsewhere, Henry gave his sister back the bag and shoved his hands into his pockets. Unlucky you, Louis pouted playfully. Then they grinned. But leave us a dance, will you? they asked the two girls. Zoe pretended to throw up and did not see Kira^s reaction, but she could guess that it was not pleased.
And with that, the two charmers drifted away to mingle with the fangirls.

I thought they would never leave, Zoe sighed, swinging the bag. Now. Shall we just enjoy ourselves? And...are we going to save them a dance? she asked fearfully. It was not that they were bad dancers - they were actually rather good - but Zoe would rather die than be caught dancing with her brothers. The entire situation screamed desperately lonely to her.

Kira smiled. She didn't have a problem dancing with either of the twins, but she thought Zoe might. "I'll dance with them for you," She reassured her friend. "Now hurry up and go change, I wanna see what Tyra made you." Kira teased Zoe playfully.

Zoe admired Kira for her bravery to accept the dance with the twins, and thanked her excessively for letting her slip out of it. The Gryffindor then went off to change, excited.

She changed quickly, so that she would not waste anymore Ball time and actually get the chance to enjoy themselves. After tossing the sparkly dress into the bag without much care, Zoe stood in front of the mirror and admired the outfit that Tyra had made her. It was just what she had wanted, and she loved every single bit about it.

She then gathered up other things and made her way back to the Ball, where Kira was waiting. As she passed some other students, people raised eyebrows and stared. Zoe pretended not to notice and walked in like she owned the place; totally unfazed by the judging looks. As long as she loved how she looked, what did they matter?

Oh Kira, I love it! Zoe exclaimed when she found her friend again. It is so me. Tyra really outdid herself.

Kira had been lost in thought, chewing her lip worriedly until Zoe reappeared. Kira jumped as the blond spoke, and managed a half smile. "I told you Tyra was amazing. You look good."

Kira grabbed Zoe by the hand and pulled her over to a quieter corner. "Zo while you were gone I ran into a friend of mine and then she kissed me and then she ran off and I have absolutely no clue what I'm supposed to do." Kira explained in a hushed tone, not wanting word to get around because of her.

Zoe thanked Kira for her compliment on the outfit, before Kira then pulled her away to a corner and lowered her voice. The blonde listened intently, figuring that this was important.

Her eyes then widened and her jaw dropped as Kira spilled, not wanting anyone to overhear them. ...and then she ran off and I have absolutely no clue what I^m supposed to do, Kira ended in a hushed whisper.

Zoe frowned and thought about it, wanting to be a supportive friend. She did not want to ask for the name, in case Kira did not want to reveal it. She did however, ask how Kira herself felt about the incident. The first step to resolving this, is asking yourself how you feel about it. If you...didn^t like it, then there is a place to start. But if you didn^t mind it - then that is totally different story.

Kira nodded as Zoe answered her, then asked her a question. Kira had already figured the answer out to that one, though. "I definitely didn't like it, but I'm not mad about it. Does that make sense?" Her soft voice was laced with worry. Zoe would know what to do. Kira wasn't sure why she had so much trust in Zoe, but she did and that was that.

Zoe could hear the worry in Kira^s voice, and she was then determined to help her in any way that she could. Okay, so you didn^t particularly like it, and you are not exactly mad about it either. Zoe frowned in thought again. She could not relate to the situation, but she pretended to place herself in her shoes. If she was Kira, she would be confused too.

Well...how do you feel about this friend? the Gryffindor asked earnestly. Do you...feel anything for her? Or if not, then I think the best thing to do is talk to her. If she ran off - she might be too afraid to tell you how she feels. Be the first to approach her.

Kira listened to Zoe and shook her head. "No, no, I like boys. She's really sweet, but we're just friends. She didn't seem... happy about the kiss either, not like 'Yay I kissed my crush' more like... 'Oh no that wasn't what I thought it would be'... But I could be wrong. I'm usually pretty good at reading people but I was so surprised, I..." Kira sighed and ran a hand through her hair. "You know what? I think we both need a bit of time to figure out what the hell that was. I think I'm going to forget it for tonight and focus on the ball."

She rolled her head and shook her shoulders. She shut her eyes and after a moment of calming herself, she looked back to Zoe, her expression visibly lighter and a smile on her face. "This song is really good, what do you say we go dance?"

Zoe listened to Kira, nodding in agreement. She understood that Kira had been mostly surprised - and she found it interesting that this friend of hers had not seemed all that sure of herself either.

If she was honest, Zoe had not given any thought to which way that she was romantically inclined - at the stage of life she was in, people were just people, and romance made her slightly grossed out. What mattered to her, she concluded, was what was on the inside. Girl or boy. But she wanted to enjoy the time she was young as long as it lasted, so everyone was a friend for now.

I think you should too, Zoe responded to Kira about just forgetting about the whole thing and focusing on the Ball. It is what we came for after all. Lets not let one thing ruin all the fun we could be having! The blonde giggled, and was pleased as Kira^s smile came back. This song is really good, what do you say we go dance? Kira said.

Zoe listened to the song and nodded her head in time to the beat. Yes! she grabbed Kira^s hand and pulled her to towards the crowd of dancing students.

Kira smiled as Zoey dragged her onto the dance floor. She was wearing a pair of regular knee-high buckle boots, so she wasn't worried about tripping or anything. Once they reached they dance floor Kira started bouncing along to the music, swaying so that her hair whipped around her face. She laughed, enjoying herself immensely.

Kira's ocean eyes sparkled as she looked to her friend, hoping she was having as good a time as she was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back