Not open for further replies.

Joel Gilligan

OOC First Name
Steven
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Straight 11 Inch Sturdy Hawthorn Wand with Erumpent Hide Core
Joel had been looking forward to this night for a very long time now. It was the last night of the semester, and for once he did not have to read untill he would eventually fall asleep. It was also his last Yule Ball after, so it made him happy that he got to spend most of the night with the most beautiful girl in the school. He just knew that the two of them were going to have the time of their lives tonight, especially with the break being right around the corner which would mean that he wouldn't see much of her until they were back at Hogwarts again. Once Joel was done putting on his suit, and fixing his hair so it wouldn't be as messy as it usually was, he walked out of the Gryffindor common room and made his way down to the Great Hall where he would wait for his lovely date to arrive, as he'd most likely be there too early. He stood still next to the doors leading into the enormous room, smiling as he waited patiently for Layla to appear.

Layla Reyes had been anxious for this night to arrive ever since Joel asked her to be his date to the Yule Ball. She really liked the boy, and she wanted to make his last Yule Ball special. They were meeting downstairs, and it was all Layla could do not to take the stairs two a time to reach him faster. Her hazel eyes scanned the room before spotting her date by the door. She made her way to him with a smile on her face. Joel looked handsome in his suit. The Hufflepuff wrapped her arms around his neck and leaned in for a kiss. "Ready for your last Yule Ball?" she asked him with a grin on her face.

His smile widened when he saw his date approaching him, and put his hands on her waist when she wrapped her arms around him. ''You look gorgeous tonight, Layla.'' he said before kissing her on the lips. ''But then again, you always do.'' the Gryffindor added with a wink. He chuckled at Layla's question. It was weird to think that this would be his last ever Yule Ball, and that in just a few months Joel would never step foot in his place again. He didn't want to go, the Gryffindor loved it here too much to let it all go and be an adult. ''To be honest?'' Joel asked. ''I wish I was in your year instead so I could attend the ball for another year.'' He was also leaving Layla behind, which had been something he wasn't looking forward to at all.

Layla knew she fit perfectly in Joel's arms as he wrapped his arms around her waist. It was strange to her how quickly she had felt comfortable with him. "Thank you. You do too." she said in reply to his compliment. She thought Joel was handsome always, but even more so dressed up like he was tonight. Layla smiled kindly at Joel as he said he wished he was in her year. She wasn't excited that he would be leaving her, but she hoped it wouldn't change their relationship. "You can still see me if you want on breaks, if you still want to. It's only a year." she said, hopefully. She knew Joel liked her, and cared for her, but she wasn't clear on what exactly was going on with them. Only that whatever it was had started at the Valentine's dance last year.

Joel smiled. He never really felt comfortable in suits, but with events such as this one always wore one. He simply thought that he looked silly in them, out of place even, so he was happy to hear that Layla thought that he looked good whilst wearing a suit. ''Of course I want to come and see you on breaks.'' he said, smiling widely at her while also looking her in the eyes. ''I would love to visit you on every break, and maybe you can even visit me during the Christmas or summer break since I'll be staying in Brightstone.'' He hoped that she would come and visit him, even if it was for just a day, or two.''Now,'' Joel began while freeing his neck from her arms. ''How about we go check out the dance floor?'' He grinned, and took Layla's hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back