ones in bathers, the other in a basque

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myuna Kickett

OOC First Name
Mia
Myuna had an idea of what she was going to go as to the halloween feast. unlike many people who were spending the afternoon getting ready she had a different costume. there would be no awkward dresses or boots she couldn't walk in like last year. instead she was going to basics, literally. she had spend the afternoon swimming in the lake. summer was just about starting to show and it as a bit of a heat wave that had occurred this weekend. about half an hour before the feast was due to begin she got out of the water. quickly drying her hair with a towel so it wasn't dripping she headed to a slightly unusual place to find a costume. the muggle sports club supply. she reached out a surfboard. then taking her wand she decided to upgrade it. she cast a few charms on it enabling it to actually hover so she really could surf. she did a bit of practice, making sure that she was able to control it before flying it into the great hall. she couldn't wait to see what people were wearing. especially Albie. he had said it was a surprise and she hadn't got a clue. She anded in a clear space in the middle of the floor. she could feel a couple of people looking at her. she didn't care. dressed in little more than undies she didn't care. at home she often spent most of the day in her bathers. went into town, to the beach though she did have boardies on usually. She looked around to see if she could see Albie, Artemis or some one she knew. unfortunately the costumes made it hard and as she didn't know that they were waring she couldn't see them. instead her stomach started grumbling. picking up the board she went to the food and picked up some pumpkin pies and cauldron cakes.

If anything had ever been a test of courage, it had been Albie's costume for this Halloween. Albie wasn't a nervous or shy man. He had his limits, like any ordinary human being, and he tried to maintain a cool facade, but for this Halloween he'd thrown all caution to the wind and was therefore now standing in the entrance to the Halloween feast in what was basically a sparkly leotard, fishnet stockings, high heels, a lot of makeup, feather boas and a ridiculous wig. He kind of hoped it wouldn't be easy to recognize him...then he said "f*** it" to that and decided to go make the best of it. He'd decided on the most ridiculous costume he could, and he was going to have a great time in it.

Swanning in to the hall, Albie held his head high and kept a smile on his face as he looked around for one particular person. Seeing some of the astonished reactions to his costume made it nearly impossible for him not to smile. It was going to be a fun night, he thought, as his eyes locked on to Una, dressed in not much at all. The two of them would make a fine pair this evening, and Albie wondered what sort of mischief the two of them could get up to. Even though they were both pretty much adults. They could still have some fun.

Clearing his throat, Albie went to stand beside Una and in the campest voice he could muster, greeted her with a grin. "Hello, daaaaarling. Why, you're looking simply ravishing tonight!" He beamed at her and grabbed a cauldron cake and quickly shoved it in to his mouth, trying to avoid smudging his lipstick. He wondered if all girls had that problem when they put on makeup. It seemed rather annoying.

una took a bit bite of the pumpkin pie. the pastry was nice and crisp. but the filing was "ats hoc" she said trying not to let it touch her mouth. and quickly picking up a goblet of drink to cool it down. this worked but it was a rather yucky drink. not one of her usual choices at all. it seemed that the elves had had a bit of halloween fun themselves and put something yucky in the drinks. she tried her best not to spit it out.
in the middle of this slight display of chaos heard someone talk behind her saying she looked ravishing she turned around one eyebrow raised. if it was some guy being a creep they would soon find out just how ravishing she was.as she looked to see who it was her other eyebrow rose to meet its partner eyes widened in surprise. he had to do a double take to make sure she was seeing what she thought she was she let out a chuckle it was a great costume though. "thanks you have a cool costume too" she said before she put two and to together. there was only one guy she knew in the school with a south african accent, even with the extreme campness of what was said it was hard to hide such a distinct accent. "Frigging hell, Albie. 's that you?" she said. now realising why he was keeping his costume a secret. "ya look like ya escaped from Madi gras." she said before taking a slight half step back. "wait up, yer not trying tu hint at somthin are ya?" she said winking. she was only joking of course, but she did hope that he wasn't. that would really put a damper on her night.

Albie had to fight the urge to burst out laughing as he watched Una struggle to recognize him in his costume. Especially when she brushed him off and then realised who he was - at which point the laughter that had been bottling up inside threatened to burst. Sure, he was a little nervous about being in such an...interesting outfit, but he was able to laugh at himself, and that was the main thing. Composing himself, he winked (his eyes laden down with false eyelashes) at Una and blew her a kiss, enjoying overacting quite a lot.

"Hey, I figured since it's your last Halloween feast at Hogwarts, I ought to make it memorable for you. Whether that's memorable in a good or a bad way, I'm not sure." He'd just taken a sip of pumpkin juice when Una made her next comment, which was rather unfortunate, as he nearly had to spit-take. There was nothing wrong with being gay or being transgender or anything like that, but Albie was very comfortable being male. And straight. And having a crush on the girl standing in front of him. Something which he hadn't considered entirely when deciding on his costume, since if anything, it was bound to make her laugh at him. "Course not," he replied weakly, once he'd swallowed his drink and composed himself. "I just thought that after the gender fudge incident I could have another go at being the prettiest girl in the room. I'm afraid you have me beaten there," he added, flirtatiously, a roguish grin that was all Albie shining through the makeup.

Una shouldn't help but join in laughing with Albie. he just looked so ridiculous. and when he blew her a kiss she couldn't help but laugh again. he was sweet when he said he had picked the costume to make it memorable for her. "well i cant see myself forgetting that wig any time soon"" she said referring to the monstrosity on his head. I don't think many people will be able o pull it off as good as you" she said honestly as she could.
when he said that he certainly wasn't hiding at anything she smiled. "thats good. if you were i wouldn't be able to do this" she said putting her arm board free around him and giving him an awkward one handed hug. she would have kissed him, like she had wanted to since they had previously kissed at the yule ball if she didn't want to mess up his make up. "I think you out prettied me, I think a toad could out pretty me, not that i think you look like a toad" she said quickly covering up her mistakes. this was a side of her that people hardly saw. the insecure side. she usually hid it with a facade of a mix of aloofness, humour and slightly aggressive toughness. but in truth over her whole life her gran had made he think she wasn't good enough. and kept making her be more like the spoiled princesses that seemed to fill the school of whom she was pretty sure at least half of them had veela blood. and secretly, deep down, well buried there was a tiny part of her that fished she was,, that wished that she was, so her gran actually liked her, and so people didn't treat her like scum if they passed n the street. she looked away from him briefly trying to hide this thought, she looked at the other costumes until the man in the ble wig got her attention again, not that he had ever really lost it. "no. you my dear friend are the most fabulously dressed here." she said slightly theatrically.
when he mentioned the gender fudge incident of two years back sou put her hand to her face. "oh god. how could i forget that. do you reckon we over reacted" she said. she wasn't really thinking they had, or rather didn't really care if they had. the gryffindors should had thought about the consequences of upsetting older slytherins. "anyway what do you fancy doing"{/b] she asked realising that there was already quite a crowd appearing by the food tables and the two of them standing next to each other with a surfboard wee not making it any easier for people to get their food, which was attracting them more unwanted attention than normal.

Albie laughed again, he just couldn't help himself. It was near impossible to keep a straight face in his costume. "Neither will I. And if I do, I doubt you'll let me live it down." He moved his hand to his wig and pretended to primp it, before being distracted by the hug. He smiled, more genuinely, before frowning when he heard what Una had to say about herself.

"A toad? Please, toads can't pull off a bikini as well as you can." He didn't really think about Una finding herself unattractive - he supposed that didn't matter so much to her. But that was a silly mistake to make, he realized - she was a woman after all, and girls always had pressure to look good. And there were so many conventionally pretty girls at Hogwarts, part-Veelas and the like. "Seriously, though. Don't say that. You're gorgeous," Albie added, firmly. He meant it, too. There were lots of 'pretty' girls at Hogwarts, but to him, Una was the best. He liked that she was down to earth and humourous, she liked that she was tough and didn't take anyone's s***. And he really did like the way she looked, Albie found her absolutely beautiful. "And if anyone says otherwise, they'll be answering to me. Did you know these shoes can be used as weapons? That's so scary," he blabbered, deflecting the situation with good humour.

He looked away from her briefly to see that people were starting to gather around the food table, a few making not-so-hushed comments about their costumes. Rolling his eyes, Albie pouted at the onlookers, before grabbing another cauldron cake and giving a cheeky wave, then turning to Una and taking her hand without even thinking about it, slowly walking away from the table with her. "You're right. We could awkwardly dance, I guess, or we could sit around judging everyone's costumes and basking in our superiority?"

Una nodded when he said she will never let him live i down. "too true. i bet someone from the yearbook will get a picture. and theres permanent blackmail material right there" she said joking. she was pretty sure she would be able to track someone down to a photo, but not for blackmail, no, she was pretty sure it would be the kind of picture that would always make you laugh.
albies response to her toad comment made her smile. "have you ever seen a toad in a bikini" she asked. she ws sure that the outcome would be unflattering but she didn't care. "thanks" she said, not sure how much she believed him even though she could hear the sincerity in his tone. realising that she had sounded like them, the annoying girls she had aways despised at her last school alway trying to fish for compliments she pulled herself together. her moment trying to distract from her embarrassing moment of insecurity over she looked at the table. picking up a couple of eye cupcakes and offere one to albie and started eating the other.
Glad at the change of topic Una looked down at albies feet. and realised just how high his heels were. "god, how can you even walk in them but yes they don't call 'em killer heels for nothing" she said. she had never been one for heels. when she had been forced into them in finishing school the previous year she had walked so badly she had been allowed to wear strappy sandals or ballet flats instead which although not her ideal shoe (which was thongs if she had to wear any) it was better than heels. "you had best not step on my toe or you can see how my shoes can be weapons too" she said though technically she had none on. at the two suggestions of what to do she shrugged. "seeing as i don't want you to break your neck. how about sitting in our own superiority" she said looking for an empty few seats.

Albie put on a mock look of horror, before grinning madly. "Well, I'd better hope they get my best side. If I'm going to be blackmailed, I want to look fabulous in the pictures." He wouldn't mind too much, he figured. The costume was so ridiculous that he would probably never be embarrassed at it, even when the photos were inevitably brought out at his 21st birthday, or his 50th birthday, or something like that.

"Yeah, a toad in a bikini could possibly look pretty hot," Albie replied, trying to look thoughtful with a straight face but failing, as the mental image made him shudder. "Ew. Yeah. You've outclassed a hypothetical amphibian. Good job." He shrugged his shoulders, rolling his neck around. The wig was hard to get used to - it was somewhat heavy on his head. He wished he had swimmers on, like Una - the two of them could skip out of the festivities and sneak out to the lake for a swim. Though, thinking about it, the water would probably be far too cold.

"Duly noted, ma'am," he responded with a mock salute at her threat and suggestion of sitting down. He wasn't sure how well he could dance in those shoes. Of course, the moment he let his thoughts wander just so happened to be the moment he stepped awkwardly and tripped, pulling Una close to stabilize himself, his hand gripping the small of her back. Realising what an intimate position they were standing in, he felt his face heat up again. "Ah," he started, hoping to play it off. "My hero," he added, sarcastically, before his body acted before his mind and he gave Una a quick peck on the cheek, leaving a rather large lipstick mark. Albie chuckled at that, before realising what he'd done and taking half a step back. "Oh God, I'm so sorry. That was really weird, wasn't it?"

una nodded. "you don't need to worry about that. it is all your best side" she said shrugging. it would be a picture and a half either way. "a toad in a bikini. maybe not so hot. at least i can outclass something" she said. the thought of a toad in a bikini was sort of slightly disturbing, and it put her off her food especially because the next thing she was about to eat was a jelly frog.
they were about to make their way to the seats when Albie did the inevitable and tripped over. catching her as he went for support. she stumbled back a little but thankfully managed to stay upright. "I'm not your hero." she said thinking of a song that her mum listened to sometimes. it was odd that they were standing there so close. she had hoped that this would happen however somehow she had not expected to be like this, him dressed like he was.
When he kissed her she felt her face warm a little where he had left a lipstick print. as he took a step back apologising. "that you kissed me wasn't weird. the fact you are in lipstick and a wig that looks like a child's TV program is probably the reason" she said before a moment later she followed him and kissed him back on his lips. pausing like that for a moment. kissing him before stepping back. "hopefully that wasn't to weird" she said. hopefully she had finally got it through to him that she liked him.

"Times like these, I'm glad I'm not a woman. Trying to make myself super pretty is hard," Albie whined, rolling his eyes with a smirk. He stayed close to her and was elated when she kissed him back. "Yeah, sorry about that. I'd hoped that when I kissed you, I wouldn't be caked in makeup and wearing a ridiculous outfit. Still, I guess that makes it memorable, right?" he joked, feeling a little flustered. "It wasn't weird at all, I mean, yeah, apart from my outfit, but yeah it was great," mentally he kicked himself for blathering on like that, after all, he didn't usually get nervous, and now was not the time to get nervous anyway.

In order to shut himself up, he kissed Una again, mostly because he couldn't get enough of it. "Kinda wanted to do that for a while, really," he admitted, with a grin. "Well, not with the lipstick. But you know."

((gah sorry it's bad))

Lowan only decided that he was going to go to the halloween fast about five minutes before he heft the commonroom. the main reason he did was he was hungry and had heard there was lots of lollies there. for this reason he hadnt got a costume so as he had seen lots of people leaving the the dorms dressed as many wierd and wonderful things he quickly slipped on a freo dockers singlet. before heading down to the hall. then at least if anyone asked he could say he was an AFL player which although boring was something. it was a fair walk down from the gryffindor tower. times like this when his stomach was gurgling like crazy he sort of wished his dorm was in the dungens like unas was so there was only one set of stairs not severn bloody flights.
Once he entered the great hall he looked around and saw the food table. heading over to it and the large dish of lollies he took a hand full and was about to head back when he saw a gouple making out. he didnt know how he missed them the first time one of them had a huge blue wig on and the other was "Mundi" he gawfed at his sister who seemed pretty into it. he headed a little nearer which was fairly easy as most people were giving them a wide berth. before he flicked a jelly bean at his sister which hit her on the back just to get a little attention, he was pretty sure he knew who the guy was. the one that it was pretty clear Una had a crush on even to him. deciding to wind her up, more for his own entertainment than anything else he started singing, or rather singing with a rhyme. "albie and Una sitting in a Tree. K I S S I N G." he started a traditional schoolyard chant getting louder as he progressed. "Una's in her Bathers, Albies in a Basque" but he decided to twist the second half. then he realised his problem. what the hell rhymed with basque. "stopping being sick is a near impossible task" he finished a little quieter as it wasn't really any good. the look on her face was priceless. he paused maybe a moment too long before leaving as then she started to open her lipstick smudged mouth ready to talk and that wasn't necessarily a good thing.

una rolled her eyes at Albies comment. "you don't need to make yourself supper pretty. actually i think i prefer you normal" she said before he kissed her again. "yeah, next time. lets try without so much make up. but yeah i wanted to do this too. thank god for you not being able to walk in the heels" she said grinning at his next comment. enjoying the moment, enjoying Kissing Albie who she had developed a strong crush on over the last couple of years.
As they were kissing again she felt something bump into her back between her shoulder blades. it didn't feel big or anything, sort of like a large fly that hadn't been looking where it was going. she turned around and before se saw the perpetrator she heard his voice. really who else would it have been "Lowan Kickett. shut your mouth right now" she said a harsh tone in her voice. unfortunately he kept going in that same sing song voice, the lyrics getting more twisted. "oy. didn' ya hear me?" she said also getting louder and poking him with the tail of her surfboard. not caring that she had lipstick over her face, she was turning slightly red though not sure if that was form annoyance at lowan or being with albie and she didn't care that she was probably making things five times worse for herself and attracting heaps more attention than she should. both by students and professors. "you'd better scram now 'fore I can think of what ta do with ya" she said her voice dropping fifty decibels and tone turing to ice. "an' you best watch ou' i don' tell dad or gamma where ya vanish off to when ya go walkabou', or rather who ya go off with. you know who i mean right? the gub girls and the Wongai boys." she said threatening him. she had known it for a good while but they had a sort of understanding not to get each other in trouble when necessary. or at least she thought they did. the number of time she had got him out of it. and his little disappearances never really effected her but still it was a good threat. as both sides of the family would be mad and there wasn't much that did that.

Albie found himself unable to stop smiling, not due to the absurdity of his costume now but due to the happy situation he found himself in. "Can I belatedly ask if you'd like to be my date tonight, then? And maybe to the Yule Ball, and maybe to our next Brightstone Weekend..." he trailed off, realising just how much of a lovestruck fool he sounded, before his lips met Una's again.

They were, however, rudely interrupted by Una's little brother. He was a Gryffindor, so Albie hadn't seen him around the school much or really had that much to do with him, given that he was only a little kid Gryffindor, but he apparently knew the best way to rile up his big sister. Albie folded his arms across his chest, knowing there was no way in hell he'd look at all menacing. Besides, Una was the one who had the menacing down pat. He just stood there, smugly smirking through the messy makeup.

"Bloody hell, kid, I wouldn't go any further if I were you," Albie muttered, tilting his head slightly to regard the younger boy. He broke his stare to look around the room at the now gathering crowd, hearing some muttering and some laughing about his costume. He hoped that it was just laughing about his costume, anyway - he wouldn't take kindly to people saying rude things about Una or even her brother, annoying as he might be. He was Una's family and that was the main thing. He didn't mind if people wanted to say stupid stuff about him, that wasn't important. "Is the party really this lame that this is what you guys need to derive entertainment?" he stated generally to the crowd around him. "Or are you here to admire me?" He stuck his tongue out, childishly, before stepping closer to Una, placing a hand on her shoulder protectively.

smirking at Unas reaction Lowan turned away and was about to make his way away and back to the dorm. there were some crazy costumes and felt slightly underdressed, not in the way Una and albie were but still not in costume. at his sisters reaction though he changed his mind. he would so have to stick around, besides it was fun winding her up. "I head ya all right. just didn' want to listen. and you wouldn't dare." he said he could see a crowd forming around them, that was pretty good. way to go to embarrass his sister more. "fine, i'll shove off, but i'm not leavin'. I'll be with a few of my own mates" he said. okay he hadn't really socialised with anyone much since he started but he had seen a couple of guys from his house even i they were a year or two older, they could class as his mates for the night. he turned to leave through the growing crowd when the guy finally spoke. advising him not to push una any further. "ah know my own sister better than you do mate. i know how far to push her before she snaps, i've been doing it for eleven years, have a good night" he said before vanishing into the throng of people in the room.

Greatful no-one came to stop her una. it was when people started telling her what she should be doing that really wound her up. she had had enough of it ever since she was a kid she had had enough of it. the crowd around them was growing more attention or were they just blocking all the food. "an' what are you lot starin' at. have you never seen an annoyin kid before, theres plenty of them abot an' heaps more entertainment so you guys can shove off too" she said to them. it wasn't long before they mainly seemed to be doing other things although they were most likely all listening
she mentally smiled at albies comment lot letting it show on her face he was right, she was close but she knew lowan and she knew he knew exactly how far he could push her like he was psychic or something. finally she saw her brothers back disappear into the crowd and she felt herself relax she hadn't realised how worked up she had been. at albies words it was clear the interruption and entertainment was over and everyone dissipated. She felt his arm reach around her shoulder and somehow, automatically she felt her own arm reach around his back, turning back the conversation to what had been said before they had been interrupted she nodded. "of course i will be you late date tonight and any of the above too." she said. "Mind you I think it is a bit crowded in here. do you want to head outside?" she said picking up her surfboard and getting it to hover it was such a novelty she wanted to have another go on it but she wasn't sure how well it would handle two people she would give it a shot and make sure she stayed close to the ground. "do'you want a lift?" she said gesturing him on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back