Not open for further replies.

Eddie Applewhite

OOC First Name
Teigan
Sexual Orientation
pansexual
Wand
Curly 12 1/2 Inch Swishy Applewood Wand with Meteorite Dust Core
Eddie coughed into his hand as he pushed his pretzels into the pocket of his jacket. Not really one for tux's, Eddie had opted to wear leather jacket with dress pants and a nice shirt. He wasn't really into the whole dressing up thing. Smiling at his sister as she walked past, Eddie waited patiently for his date. He wasn't sure what was taking her so long, but he hoped she wasn't freaking out over this. She seemed like the sort of person who would freak out over really simple stuff.

Eva almost couldn't believe it - the person she was crushing on had asked her to the dance. She'd sent Eddie a rose a few days before the day of the dance but she was unsure as to whether he found out who it was from. Now, as she finished preparing for the night, she didn't know how to feel, or if she regretted sending that rose. She sighed, and made her way to the great hall where Eddie was probably waiting for her. When she spotted him, she smiled, her heart racing as she approached him. "Hi," she said, smoothing her dress and holding her purse tightly in her hand. The nervousness didn’t ease now that she was here.

Eddie looked to the side as he heard Eva speak and smiled. She looked amazing and her dress suited her. She looked almost majestic, if that wasn't too corny. He moved to hold her hand and grinned. "Eva, you look great. I'm so glad you agreed to come. I wasn't sure you would to be honest." From what he knew of her, she was a bit of a nervous Nancy, but he hoped he could help her get over that. She was sweet, he liked her.

When Eddie complimented her it took all of her will to make her face not turn red. She didn’t want to be that obvious about it. When he took her hand though that didn’t help so she tried not to think about the possibilities - that were currently running through her mind - and instead replied, "Thank you. You look amazing as well," she smiled. "Of course I would have come to the dance with you, why would you think otherwise?" she laughed, though her tone had no trace of mockery. "Do you...want to dance?" the sixth year asked a little awkwardly.

Eddie grinned again, "to be honest it was kind of a hit or a miss. You always seem so nervous I thought you might decide to study instead. But I'm glad you didn't." Eddie nodded as she asked if he would like to dance, he squeezed her hand and gestured to a mostly empty dance floor. A lot of the others weren't here yet, so he wasn't surprised that the dance floor was mostly empty, but he would prefer it this way. "Of course, they've been doing a lot of fast songs for the last few minutes, they'll start on the slow ones soon."

Eva nodded, understanding what Eddie meant. She could easily have withdrawn herself or chickened out out of nervousness instead of coming here. "I'm glad I came," she admitted, smiling as Eddie squeezed her hand and took her to the dance floor where there was hardly anyone, which was a surprise. Her heart fluttered as she realised the first slow song had come on and she put her arms around his neck a little hesitantly. "Which songs do you prefer?" the sixth year asked looking up at him. "I mean, between fast and slow ones," she added, genuinely curious.​

Eddie was glad that Eva had decided to come, it would have been a very boring dance if she hadn't. "I'm glad you're glad. This would be a very boring dance if I had no one to share it with." He said, placing his hands on her waist as she placed her arms around his neck. The song was slow already, he hadn't expected it this fast, but he wasn't complaining. "Hm, I don't really like dancing to be honest. I like dancing with you like this, but for the most part I don't dance." He said honestly, not really knowing how to answer the question. "what about you? Which do you prefer?" Concentrating on not killing her feet was almost impossible, but he kept his eyes on hers as much as possible. Sometimes being born clumsy was not the greatest of fun times.

Eva couldn't help but to laugh at Eddie‘s words. He was really sweet. "Same if I came alone. Although, I probably wouldn't have come alone if I think about it," she said, and when he placed his hands on her waist she smiled up a him. She nodded at his response. "My sister da- I mean, dancing isn't really my thing, either," she said, hoping he hadn't heard her slip up, or if he did, that he would let it go. Wait, he liked to dance with her like this? Eva tried not to read too much into it. "I don't know. I like fast songs, but I don't mind slow songs sometimes," she admitted. "So, did you receive roses this year?" she asked, curious, and not being obvious about it.

Eddie was comfortable with Eva. He was not the sort to have idle conversations and so didn't often find himself in the company of friends, mostly because he never really forged any lasting bonds with anyone, but Eva was different. He actually liked being around her and wasn't bothered when she spoke to him like he was with some others. "We'd both be wallowing in the common room I see." He said, grinning at her. Eddie frowned slightly when she'd started to speak, but changed what she was saying last minute. He wasn't sure where she was going with that, but it had seemed important. Too important for him to have any right to ask about at this stage. "I think fast songs are good in a group, but slow songs are better when you have a partner." The song came to an end and another one started. This one had some more romantic undertones. He wondered if Eva would notice. At the mention of the rose, Eddie smiled. "I did actually, it was a lovely thought, whoever sent it. I wish I could thank them. It really made me happy." He did have a slight inkling, but there was no name, so he couldn't honestly be certain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back