Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Single (Not Looking)
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Curved 14" Flexible Oak Wand with Meteorite Dust Core
Sam had never been to New Zealand before. The weather was different, the people were friendlier and on top of it all it was so awesome being in the opposite hemisphere. Although she missed home, her siblings and her dad, it was exciting to go to the same school as her brother where she would learn all the things about magic, properly. Being half blood meant she grew up with both worlds, but Sam didn't like muggle school much. She had always felt out of place there. Sam had thought that she, like her two oldest siblings, would enrol in Hogwarts Scotland but when her father decided it was time that the children needed a change of atmosphere, he had sent Xavier here - in New Zealand. Sam could not have been more ecstatic. There were still a couple of months until she was accepted and received her letter, however, and Sam couldn't wait. She had heard so many good things about the country and Hogwarts.

So here she was, with her trusted Aunt. It was March and although she still had six entire months until she would be packing her things for a new adventure, now was the only time before she had to leave home in September that anyone could take her to buy most of her supplies. Of course, her wand had to wait, but basic things like parchment, quill, ink and new clothes (for the summer season since it was always cold in Scotland) she needed to find. She followed her aunt in the next shop and shortly afterward Sam was holding bags with her new belongings. It was a good feeling to have, exploring Obsidian Harbour long before she would live here. Sam always liked to be prepared and getting a head start did not seem like a bad idea. She asked her aunt if she could have some ice cream next and after a few minutes, she was happily licking her favourite flavours. On the corner of her eye she spotted her mum's sister talking to someone. Shrugging, Sam sat down on the nearest bench and continued to enjoy her ice cream.​
<i></i>

Being in New Zealand was a new experience for Emilia, who had never before left her homecountry of Denmark. But if she were to go to school here in the fall (or spring, she supposed), she had to get used to the climate and the surroundings. At least, those were the arguments she had used on her mother to get her to take her here. Emilia's parents were very protective, and she feared they still considered sending her to school somewhere closer to home instead. Durmstrang was the closest, and her mother's old school, but Emilia really didn't want to go there. Neither did she want to go to Hogwarts in Scotland. The school here is where her cousins went, Evelyn and Espen, and she wanted to be with them. Especially Evelyn.

She had pleaded with her mother to let her go to Brightstone, which was close to the school. She knew Hogwarts occasionally let students visit the village, and she had daydreamed of running into Evelyn and Espen and hanging out with them. But her mother had refused that, as she didn't want Emilia to bother her older cousins. She wasn't sure why, as she was certain neither of them would mind, but in the end the compromise had been Obsidian Harbour. The place where they would also be buying her wand in a few months. It was so exciting!

Her mother, being a writer, had quickly found a nice café to sit down for a little while and write. But Emilia didn't want to just sit around, she wanted to explore and see what was out there. So after another lengthy argument, in which she pleaded and made promises, she was allowed to play outside on the street as long as she stayed in sight of the café. She had readily agreed, and headed out with a bright smile on her face.

There were a lot of shops, and a lot of people. Emilia had a little bit of money on her, but wasn't sure if going inside a shop counted as staying in sight. So she just wandered up and down the street, looking around in awe. Many of the people here seemed very busy, adults going about their day and buying whatever they needed. Emilia had seen wizarding shops before, but she still enjoyed looking at the displays very much. After a while, she spotted a girl with ice cream. The girl looked around her own age, and Emilia wondered if she would be one of her classmates in September. After hesitating for a moment, she shyly approached. "Hello." She said, her Danish accent pronounced even in the single word. "What flavor is that?" She wasn't sure what else to say, and hoped the girl wouldn't mind being interrupted. She smoothed down the skirt of her pink dress nervously, as she smiled at the girl.

Sam was happily licking her ice cream when she heard a girl's voice, she assumed she was talking to Sam and when Sam glanced at her she smiled in return. Sam briefly wondered if this girl would go to Hogwarts with her in a few months, as she was curious to know what types of people would be in her grade. "Vanilla and Chocolate Chip. They're my favourite," she replied to the other blonde's question. She noted that her accent wasn't like her own, or even the kiwi accent she heard these past couple of days she had been here. It was different. "I'm Sam, it's nice to meet you," her Scottish accent quite clear. She stuck out her hand for the girl to shake, it was a formality she'd grown up with. "Where are you from?" she asked curiously.

Winnie had been entirely in her element, holding her father's hand in between visiting Obsidian Harbour stores helping him pick out props and costumes for his next show. Although she did not realize it, she was not so much helping as she was asking him to buy everything that took her fancy over what he was actually looking for. Nevertheless it was a fun and helping her dad was one of Winnie's favourite things in the world so she skipped along the streets happily, paying no mind to anything or anyone else. It wasn't until her father suggested she speak to two girls that looked about her age outside the ice cream parlor, that Winnie noticed the other people walking around. She was due to begin school at Hogwarts soon and though she loved spending time with her dad, she knew he wanted her to make friends before she arrived, and the two girls he pointed out were likely also potential Hogwarts students, if they weren't at Hogwarts already. Winnie, unaware that this was an attempt for her dad to keep her occupied for a little while so he could get his work done, nodded to her father's suggestion. She then let go of his hand and skipped towards the girls, immediately interrupting what they were talking about to introduce herself. "I'm Winnie!" She exclaimed. "What are you talking about?" She then asked the pair, looking between them with a smile on her face.​

Emilia smiled in relief when the girl didn't seem annoyed or bothered by the interruption. She looked around the same age, and Emilia wondered if she was from New Zealand for a moment, but she was sure that wasn't the right accent for it. "That sounds nice, I will have to try it sometime," she said with a sweet smile. She was surprised but happy as the girl extended her hand, and after a moment of hesitation she shook it. "I'm Emilia and I'm from Denmark. What about you? Not here, right?"

They were approached by a third girl, and Emilia looked at her curiously. She glanced at Sam, wondering how she would react to the newcomer. She would take her cues, unless she was really mean to her. "Um. Hello." She said, glancing at the redhead, not answering the question in case Sam wanted to.

Sam nodded at the girl, as she introduced herself. "You have a nice name Emilia," she commented, meaning it. Normally Sam said things when she meant them and not simply because she wanted to be heard by others. Well, maybe sometimes. She shook her head at her question about where she was from though she had to think about it for a second. "No, I'm originally from Scotland, but I'm half Scottish half Kiwi. I used to live in Scotland and I moved here recently," she explained, so that Emilia would understand why her accent wasn't one from New Zealand. They were joined by someone else, another girl around their age and Sam smiled softly at her, watching as Emilia greeted her a little hesitantly. "Hi. We were just talking about ice cream and where we're from. I'm Sam," she added. Sam wondered if the girl was curious and wanted to be friends with the two girls or if approaching them had simply been an excuse to find out what they were up to. She doubted it was the second option, however.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back