Blood Status
Unknown
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Tara
Wand
Curved 14 Inch Sturdy Reed Wand with Erumpent Hide Core
Never in a million years did Stan think that going to the Yule Ball would excite him. He either did not care enough about the Yule Ball to go or was too sick and frail from the transformation and the lingering effects of the full moon. This time was different, this time the Gryffindor was very much looking forward to going. Most of it had to do with his new girlfriend who also happened to be his date for tonight. The only other reason why he was excited to go was because this was his last year at Hogwarts and he wanted to experience everything for one last time. Dressed appropriately for the event, Stan waited for his girlfriend at the end of the stairs leading up to the girls' dormitories of the Gryffindor common room. Instead of meeting up in the entrance hall Tara and Stan decided to walk down together, thinking that it'd be useless to wait for one another downstairs since both would have to walk down from the common room. Looking down at the wizard watch the Becketts had given him for his seventeenth birthday, the Gryffindor waited patiently for his date.

Tara had absolutely thought too hard about this outfit. But it was worth it. This was the only ball she got to have with her boyfriend before he graduated and she fully intended to enjoy it. Finally content with her hair and makeup, Tara wandered down the stairs, smiling as she caught sight of the handsome wolf waiting for her. She slid up next to him, lacing her arm through his. "Well now, batsy, don't you clean up nice," She cooed, straightening his jacket.

Stan had learned from the Becketts that it was rude to stare at people. But as Tara descended the stairs, it was all he could do. She looked absolutely stunning. ''Hi,'' the Gryffindor said, chuckling awkwardly. Happy that she approved of his attire for the Yule Ball, he held onto her arm to lead her out of the common room. ''I could say the same thing about you,'' Stan told Tara. ''I think you look really pretty.'' He still felt a little awkward whenever being like this but his demeanour was slowly changing and he was slowly warming up to allowing himself to be vulnerable around her.

It didn't take them long to reach the great hall, as they spent most of their time talking about each other's day, making jokes and wondering what their friends would be wearing for tonight's event. ''I hope that you are looking forward to tonight?'' he asked.

Tara let Stan lead her away and down to the ball. "You know I am," She knocked her hip into his. "Didn't I have to talk you into this? Isn't the better question, are you looking forward to tonight?" She reached up, brushing his hair from her eyes and letting her fingers trace down his jaw. "Thank you for agreeing to come down here with me, Stan. I just... wanted at least one chance to enjoy something like this, with you." She tucked in a bit more into his side.

''I would not say that you had to talk me into going. I think that I would have gone with you anyway.'' She did have to talk him into going but he wasn't protesting or making it difficult for her to persuade him. He actually really wanted to go with her, wanted to have a night with just the two of them and without the usual gang around. ''But I am very much looking forward to tonight,'' the Gryffindor added, smiling at his girlfriend. He kissed her softly when she tucked into his side, content with just staying here like this for the rest of the night. ''What do you want to do first?'' he asked. ''Check out the food or the dance floor?''

Tara thought over what Stan said, rubbing her thumb in gentle circles on his arm- a habit she'd picked up when they were cuddling after a full moon. "Let's dance first- until our feet are sore, then we can move over to the tables, relax a bit and enjoy the food and the decor?" She offered, looking up to him with a smile.

When Tara said that they should dance first and enjoy the rest afterwards, Stan unlaced their arms to grab his girlfriend's hand instead and led her towards the dance floor. He had tried his best to learn how to dance in the weeks leading up to the Yule Ball but he just couldn't memorise any of the dance steps at all. And while he was sure that Tara wouldn't really mind it, the fact that they were here together seemed to be enough for her, he still wanted to show her that he had put some time and effort into this. And so he took the lead and started swaying with her on the dance floor, carefully making sure not to make eye contact with her because he thought that he looked quite silly while dancing.

Tara smiled brightly, letting Stan lead her onto the floor. She laced her hand with his, giggling gently. She reached up, trying to lift his chin to meet his eyes. "Hey, batsy." She cooed. "The effort is wonderful, really, but can we try this instead?" She brought his hands to her waist, lacing her arms over his shoulders. She smiled, stepping closer. "See, this is nice," She smiled, letting him lead again, swaying in place.

Stan thought that he was doing alright until Tara wanted to try something else instead. Following her lead, he placed his hands on her waist and smiled as she placed her arms over his shoulders. He knew that she was genuine when she told him that his effort had been wonderful, the Gryffindor just couldn't help but feel a little embarrassed - it probably looked awful, his dancing did. He still smiled, though. ''This is nice,'' he answered, finding it oddly comforting that she was so close to him.

Tara smiled, leaning in to rest her head on his shoulder. "Isn't it though?" She sighed happily, shutting her eyes. "I'm going to miss you, Stan," she murmured softly. This was her first dance, and her only dance with her boyfriend. "When we've both graduated, promise me we'll still dance," She asked him softly.

''I am going to miss you too,'' Stan replied. It was nice having another person around who happened to be just like him. It was even better that this person was also the one he was closest with at the castle. He was really going to miss her companionship and knew that it would be difficult not to have her around ''I would rather do other things than dance with you. You know that I am a terrible dancer. I think that I have two left feet?'' He always struggled with English idioms and proverbs, though his English had improved a lot thanks to the Becketts.

Tara smiled. "You do. But it's okay." She ran her nose gently up his neck. "We can do other things too. But I want to do this sometimes too, batsy." She pressed a kiss under his jaw. "You'll write to me, yeah?" She pulled back, looking up to him with a warm smile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back