OOC First Name
Steph
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Straight
Cullen sat on the top stair of the North Tower to catch his breath. After having gone home for break all the steps at school were a lot. He had to readjust from the laziness of living in a one level house to climbing the castle stairs everyday again. He wondered why wizards always seemed to build things with stairs and not include easier ways like elevator type things to get around. Magic could easily do something like that, even the Ministry building had a cool elevator type system, why not school? As he pondered these thoughts he stood up and moved over towards the railing to see the view of the castle grounds. The beauty of this place was amazing and he couldn't believe he was entering his last year here. Soon he'd be leaving school and starting a job and a life. He wondered about Corrine, his girlfriend briefly too. They hadn't really talked in much detail, always being distracted by other things to talk much of the future. But he hoped she'd be in his life for a long time. Pushing his hair back he was glad his parents had moved to New Zealand after all and he had applied for a school transfer years ago. He knew now it had been a good decision and he loved seeing Bada around the school, he hoped in the future his youngest sisters would all enjoy the school as well.

Phoebe had mixed feelings about this year. It was nice to be one of the older students now, and to get to learn the most advanced things Hogwarts had to offer over the next two years, but it was also sad to know that she would be leaving in only a couple of years. Phoebe was eager to see the world and learn everything she could, but she also didn't feel like she had enjoyed Hogwarts to its full potential. She had done a few cool experiments, but not nearly as many as she wanted. And she hadn't made as many friends as she would have liked, though the ones she had were definitely awesome. The girl was just wandering around the towers, looking out of the window and thinking of what she wanted to try next. She had glanced at some of the spells they would be learning in sixth year, and was pretty excited about that. She was heading up the stairs of the north tower, and paused a few stairs before the top because a boy was sitting there. "What are you doing up there?" She asked him, looking up at him from where she was standing. He looked older than her, so he had to be in Rose's year.

Cullen was enjoying the fresh air and the light breeze that was blowing around the tower and hitting his face. He couldn't imagine what it'd be like next year to not be coming back to the school. He knew he probably did not have good enough grades to come back in the future as a teacher, plus he couldn't see Professor Harrington retiring in his life time. He did want to do more with astronomy, he loved learning about the different things and wanted to explore more about them in the future. His thoughts were interrupted by a voice, at first he thought it was Corrine finding him. But when he turned he saw it wasn't Corrine. "Oh, I am allowed to be here, right?" He voice full on concern that maybe the tower was out of bounds for them and that's why he never saw many others way up here. He hoped this girl wasn't a prefect on her rounds, imagine getting in trouble and kicked out just as your last year of school was to begin. How embarrassing that would be for him, his father would certainly disown him and Corrine would break up with him for being so stupid.

Phoebe was looking up at the boy, as he was sitting on the top of the stairs and she had been heading up the stairs herself. She was curious what his reasons were for sitting there, but instead of answering her question, the boy asked a question in return. Phoebe climbed another step so they were closer to being level, then shrugged. "Probably? Who cares. If you're not, then I'm not either. I guess we'd both be in trouble, right?" She said with a grin. "It's been ages since I was in some good trouble, I wouldn't mind it once in a while. It spices things up." She added jokingly. The girl decided she wouldn't mind chatting to this boy a bit longer, and took a seat next to him on the top step. "So, you never answered my question." She added, tapping her fingers on the floor as she looked at him curiously. "Why are you here? Especially if you think it's not allowed." Unlike her, the boy seemed very nervous about getting in trouble, so why would he go to a place where he wasn't sure if he was allowed to be? "You're a seventh year, right?" She added. Phoebe was pretty sure that was the case, but she liked being certain about things.

Cullen was slightly confused by all the things and phrases she was saying. He figured that she wasn't a Prefect and that he was safe from being in trouble. Mostly he waited until she seemed completely finished speaking before saying anything else himself. "I do not think it's bad to be here," he said glancing around the tower. No one had ever said in any meetings it was an out of bounds place. Cullen felt a little strange as the girl came closer, he wasn't the type who wanted to get in trouble. He knew his parents would kill him if he did anything bad while at school. He was the oldest and one setting an example for his four younger sisters. There was such a age gap between his sisters and him that he knew Bada also had pressure on herself to do even better than him. "I'm not here for trouble, just thinking," Cullen said eyeing the girl ready to leave if she was going to start something.

Phoebe nodded as the boy said it probably wasn't forbidden to be here. At least, that's what she assumed he meant. He seemed a nervous sort, and Phoebe was a little amused by him. He seemed quiet, though, and she didn't want to really bother someone. But he also didn't seem too annoyed with her, so she kept sitting next to him for now. "Thinking, I see." She said, looking down the stairs for a moment, then nodding. "I can see why this is a good place for thinking. What were you thinking about?" Phoebe didn't care if she was nosy. She was curious, so she asked the questions in her mind.

Cullen wasn't sure how to feel about this girl she seemed to ask a lot of questions which wasn't bad but she was nosy. He wondered where he had seen her before, probably around the common room she seemed like a Ravenclaw with that thirst to want to know more. Just usually it was about subjects and not really what a person was thinking about before they had been interrupted. "This is my last year here, I was thinking of the future and what to do," Cullen said knowing his father would want the best type of position out there for his son but Cullen was planning on picking a job that suited him. He hoped his grades at the end of this first term would help him decide what job might be good for him. He played around with the ideas of Astronomy. He liked Professor Harrington and all the knowledge she gave to them. He'd been tempted to ask her about other areas that they don't go in very deep with school and what type of research is currently being done. He was also tempted to try to find a way to get in outer space as an astronaut, that would be pretty epic. But all of that was a long shot he would have to work really hard to get to that point in his life and even then it might not be for him.

Phoebe half expected the boy to tell her to leave him alone and stop asking so many questions. She probably would have if she had been in his place. but instead, the boy admitted to her that he was thinking of his future and what to do. For some reason, this hit Phoebe. She wasn't in her final year yet, but would be soon. There was so much she wanted to do, but she had no idea where to start. She felt like she could understand this boy and where he was coming from. "Oh, that's a pretty big thing to think about. No wonder you need a special thinking place." She told him, joking lightly. She turned her gaze away from him, thinking as well. "I think that's something a lot of students are struggling with. My sister is in her last year too, and I know she is. And I am a bit as well. I guess." She shuffled her feet a bit. "It's not that I don't know what I want to do, but there's so much to choose from..." She glanced at him again. "Do you know what sort of thing you would like to do?"

Cullen nodded, he had a lot to think about. With Corrine too, he was pretty certain he found the girl of his dreams here but would their jobs after school work together or would they tear them apart? Would Cullen doing what he wants to do rather than the suggestions from his parents cause that relationship to fail as well? He looked at the girl as she spoke about her sister, he looked a bit closer. Was she Rose's sister? Cullen didn't really know that many of his classmates but Rose was one of the first people to really talk to him when he had transferred to the school. His first crush here had actually been on her funnily enough. But he was happy now and hoped Rose was as well. "I think Astronomy, but I'm not sure what sort of topic within the field I'm interested in doing research on, maybe I'll learn something this year in class," Cullen said looking from the girl to down the stairs.

Phoebe noticed the boy was pretty quiet, but she was happy he was at least talking to her a bit. She tapped her fingers idly on her leg as she listened to the boy, nodding as he told her he liked Astronomy. "There's no one who says you have to figure that out before you graduate, you know." She pointed out to him. "Maybe you just look at what sort of job you can find within that field, then specialize when you're a bit older. Or maybe you realize you'll find something else more interesting. There's no rush to pick something you're gonna do for the rest of your life right now." At least, that's what she told herself. "What is your favorite part of Astronomy so far?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back