Once Lost Now Found

Prodan made a weird face. She thought...Kalif was her husband? "Um, no... Kalif is my brother. Which is...your brother-in-law." Prodan got up out of bed, and he got dressed. He approached Cecily and he murmured, "Would...you like to go see your daughter Elisaveta Rose?" Prodan's face was nothing short of pathetic. Maybe...maybe their daughter could help her remember something.

Her hand rose toward him, pain lancing through her, warring at odds with the need to simply walk away. To find the nearest exit and leave, never to return to this place, to these people who made her feel again. All of these emotions, new to her, overwhelming, some pleasant as with his sleepy passion, others nothing short of pain. She didn't want this, she didn't want any of what these people tried to tell her. This life was too new, too terrifying. She, a mother. A wife...his pain broke through hers, his odd, alluring scent hitting her.

Her hand fell to her side. She could offer no comfort to the man standing so closely in front of her. "How do I know this is all real...Prodan?" Eyes locked with his, she didn't doubt the sincerity of his feelings. Yet she doubted everything that she'd been told thus far. "I was practically kidnapped by...your nephew...then told I have a husband...and now," she breathed in a deep breath. "Now you all want me to believe that I've born a child." Frustrated, she grasped the hem of her dress, lifting the balled up material to beneath her chest.

She didn't care about decency or the fact that she was standing before him in only a pair of pale blue small panties. Her point was that her slim hips, muscled, toned and flat stomach could not have possibly bore a child. "See? No stretch marks, nothing!" She had no clue that she didn't have any marks during her pregnancy because of potions and lotions. It didn't occur to her about magic.

Prodan cocked his head to the side and he murmured, "I don't...I don't have any reason to lie to you. This is all real. Everything around you, it is all...real." Prodan was heartbroken. Shattered. Torn to bits. Prodan wondered if he should just allow her to leave. But he wanted to try. Try to get her to remember. "You did, baby, you did!" Prodan needed to explain every little thing to Cecily, and he didn't know how to. However, when Cecily raised her dress up, Prodan had to train his self-control all over again. He wanted to slam her up against the wall and just give her so much love, she would burst. Prodan bit his lip so he would not have to do anything vile to her. Well, it wouldn't be vile... "They gave you lotions, and potions, and they prevent marks. If you want to see Nataliia, my sister, she bore four children and not a single mark! At once! Look, we have a picture, for proof, if you want to see it." Prodan was desperate.

The worn cloth left her fingers, the dress fluttered down to settled around her hips once more. She felt his sincerity, heard the anguish in his voice, and could no longer discount that he could very well be telling the truth. Even though everything sounded so preposterous. Magic was real, she had a baby, her name was Cecily. Nothing struck a chord within her. Nothing brought even the flimsiest memory to her damaged mind.

She had to look away from the desire that flared within his silver eyes, heat staining her cheeks, her belly clenching. Promises, both tempting and unsettling, were in those silver eyes. The way he bit his lower lip... Hands cupped her elbows, green eyes flicked to his, away, then back at his offer. Finally, after a few moments of silence, she nodded her golden head.

"Show me. But just don't...don't expect anything." She didn't want to hurt him, he seemed to be in such pain already. But it wasn't something she was willing to bank her memories on. This world was overwhelming, too new, too fresh; emotions overwhelmed, logic eluded. Yet she would...try. What else could she do?

Prodan breathed a sigh of relief when she dropped her dress. At least he would not be consumed by lust right now. Prodan was happy that she was going to give this all a chance. He smiled, a true one and a dashing one at that, “Just wait here. I’ll go get her, and a picture of us at the hospital, okay?” Prodan could not resist. He pecked her cheek lightly, and affectionately. Maybe he loved Cecily far too much. He did. He practically ran to the nursery, and pulled down a framed photo of them together with one hand.

In the other, wrapped in beautiful pink blankets, was their daughter who was about seven months old now in his other hand. She was a strong tike, as soon as Prodan picked her up, she started to wake up and babble away. She had yet to speak a full word, but hell, Prodan was in no hurry. He went back to the bedroom, and he showed the picture to Cecily. “See? Right there… Holding your daughter, who is this little girl right here.” Prodan prayed to whoever was sitting upstairs, just give him this. Prodan was far too happy to have things taken away from him just cause Cecily didn’t have her memories. He could start all over if he had to. “If you want… I can re-propose and everything. Start over… I fell in love with you and I will be willing to do it all over again.” This was true love, if Prodan was wanting to do this, just for Cecily.

She turned to face the wall, breathing out a sigh of relief when his overwhelming presence left the room. She would hurt him. It was inevitable. He was so eager, so sincere. She didn't want to hurt him. When the pain glazed his silver eyes, she would want to leave. Ensure she would never hurt him again. She didn't love him. She didn't know him. Physical attraction was no proof to what she may or may not have felt for him. She heard them before she saw them, in the room, together.

The baby, babbling happily in incoherent words in her father's strong arms, brought no sudden rush of thoughts. No feelings. She was blank. The pink blankets fell down around the little body and revealed pudgy, dimpled arms, soft smooth pink skin and nightclothes. Adorably dressed, the baby was obviously well tended to and very happy. It was this thought that brought her own lips turning down at the corners. Had she secretly hoped, deep down, that the sight of the oft talked about baby would unlock her memories? She could be honest with herself and say yes, she had. Yet the beautiful baby girl could have been anyone's off the street. She took the picture, careful not to meet Prodan's hopeful gaze. A gasp left her, her head jerked up.

"The picture...it's moving!"
It was amazing. In the picture, Prodan looked so happy and although he offered one off handed smile to the camera, the beaming one he saved for his new daughter and the one he turned to her in the photograph was so tender, as was the soft kiss that followed, that brought her eyes flying to his. His words filtered through; re-propose, start over. She knew what he wanted her to say, to do.

"Prodan." She closed herself off, pulling within to the inner strength she'd fought hard for. "I can accept that you were my husband. I can accept that Elisaveta was my daughter." She stopped, hesitant to say what she had to next. She set the photo down on the dresser beside her, watching her own face, tired yet obviously deliriously happy, beam at the camera and turn the most amazed, loving look onto both husband and child.

"I don't remember any of this. You're all strangers to me...I can't promise anything. Not now."

Prodan chuckled, "Of course it is. This is a magical world, Cecily." But the next words, they nearly shattered him. Prodan thought for a moment. He would have to start all over again. From the beginning. Prodan sighed and he spoke, "I know. I had...hoped that your memories would flood back, but at least you know that I'm not lying." Prodan glanced down at Elisaveta, fell into silence as she stared at her mother. Prodan cradled Elisaveta, and he smiled down at the baby girl, "Now now, dear sweet daughter. Everything will be back to normal soon."

He turned his stormy eyes, now full of hope yet sadness as well, he inquired, "Could I make a deal with you?" Without waiting her for answer, Prodan continued, "I don't want to be a stranger to you. Not anymore. We can start over... From the beginning. Let's say, I take you to the movies. It was our first official date a few years ago." Prodan loved Cecily too much to give up on her. He would crawl through hell and back just for her. Just to retrieve her purse or something silly. Prodan would do it. "If you are uncomfortable here, I can see to it that you have a stable house, with meals and everything. Or if you want, you can stay here, share a bed with me or no, and see how it goes. It is all up to you."

Prodan just hoped that she would stay here with him. He didn't have to share a bed with her, not if she did not want to. He was terrified that she would just leave again, vanish off the face of the earth. Prodan would probably die like his older twin sister had; dying of a miserable heartbreak.

Hearing her name, spoken with so much love and in sweet earnest, made her realize that although she could not remember him, she was drawn to him. Something inside her loathed the very thought of hurting him or the small babe staring at her with bright, intelligent eyes. Eyes so familiar, yet so far away in her jumbled mind. She winced at his turn of phrase to the baby. How could he promise anything would be 'normal' again? To her, it didn't seem that day would ever come, not yet. But she had one thing, after he asked her to make that deal, that she had not felt since waking with a blank slate; hope.

"Alright,"
she said slowly, eying him. Her body recognized him, even if she didn't. This was a source of some concern; she didn't figure she was the type to fall into bed with just anybody. She didn't know how on the mark she was about that. Just being around him, and that delicious smell that she knew came from no bottle, that was all him, made her want to pounce him. She crossed her arms and took a careful step back. She didn't peg herself as a coward. Far from it. But what she wanted from him was overwhelming, too new, and could potentially make things so much worse than they already were.

"I'd like my own room, here,"
she began, "and I don't know the first thing about babies, so I don't want to be expected to leap into motherhood." She didn't say it cruelly, nor with any of the snotty tone most people took when speaking of babysitting. She was honestly...scared. Elisaveta was tiny. What if she dropped her? Or put her diaper on backwards? Or fed her food she wasn't supposed to have? "I want to...try, Prodan. So I accept your deal."

Prodan sighed and Elisaveta was wanting some food. He’d bought her some formula, and though she hated it, she still needed to be fed. “Okay, well, you can use the guest room. It is right next to mine, on your right, so if you ever needed anything while I was in my bedroom, just enter in. Ask any questions or anything. But I won’t expect you to do much. Not even with this little one. I just want you to try. And I won’t pressure you into anything. I can promise you that.” Prodan gave Cecily a bright smile. He was just happy that she was home now. “I have to go feed the little girl. So, please make yourself at home. Run around in anything you want.” Prodan glanced down at Elisaveta who was getting a little restless. He walked by Cecily, to go feed her. He could just hope that one day, Cecily will regain her lost memories.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back