OOC First Name
Cyndi
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Straight 15 1/2 Inch Sturdy Larch Wand with Meteorite Dust Core
"Bambi, where do you want this box?" Desislav glanced over his shoulder, lazily levitating the heavy box. Magic made moving less of an exercise but it was still quite a tedious task. Still, Desislav couldn't complain. Against all odds, Kayleigh's parents had somehow been ok with her shacking up with Desislav even without the promise of a stable income to support his girlfriend. Sure, he and Finn had finally been able to secure a shopfront, well outside of the popular New Zealand wizarding areas but most of their money had gone into that and he was pretty broke, his parents very much wanting him to do this without their help, though unbeknownst to Finn and Desi, his stepdad had made a healthy contribution to the former owner. Desi hoped advertisements would still bring Zuries the attention it needed to succeed and their mail order program would continue to gain sales and pick up customers.

Moving house was more stressful than Kayleigh would have imagined. First she had to pack her own things, and now she had to arrange things, and then unpack! She would have thought that having magic would have made it easier, but the blonde was still finding it stressful. Kayleigh couldn't imagine how muggles had to do this without magic. Kayleigh was glad to be out of school though. As soon they decided to move in together, Kayleigh could barely wait. It had taken awhile to convince her parents, but technically she was of age and could do what she wanted. That's what she had told her parents, but that she would rather do it with their blessing. Kayleigh had thought about lying to them, and saying that Des's store was pulling in the big bucks, but she couldn't bring herself to do it. Kayleigh hated lies.
The blonde was trying to fit her clothes in the small wardrobe she had in front of her when she heard Des use her middle name. She cursed her parents for giving it to her, and cursed herself for telling her boyfriend. Kayleigh flung around, hands on hips. "Listen here, Zhefarovich," Kayleigh started though she wasn't really angry, she'd happily take the excuse for a break. "We've discussed this name calling. If you want to live happily - or make that, live at all, you'll refrain yourself, especially with your buddy hanging around now. I swear, if he finds out..." Kayleigh took her hands out in front of her and throttled the air, pretending it was Des's neck.

Kayleigh was so cute when she was angry, though Desi knew better than to tell him that or she actually would throttle him. He couldn't help the smile on his face though. It dimmed slightly as she finished, his eyes cutting to the open door. Finn would definitely use that sort of information to tease Kayleigh and then he'd have to defend her, and it would inevitably lead to a prank war that their tiny apartments over the shop would not be able to handle. Desi would have to look into some charms to keep things private in their home. "But I like it and you don't like any of the other names I've tried" he whined playfully. Dropping the box, Desislav tossed himself onto the bed, his arms going behind his head as his legs dangled over the edge. "Do we even have to do this all today? You're not leaving" he continued, some satisfaction in his voice on that note. "We can do it any day" he pointed out.

Kayleigh tutted and rolled her eyes when Des commented on the other names. That was true; but he was also the worst at coming up with nicknames. "That's because they all suck." She commented back, folding her arms. Kayleigh laughed quietly as Des flopped himself on the bed. He did have a point, she wasn't going anywhere fast, and she was sure they'd have plenty of time to unpack. On that thought, Kayleigh ran to the bed and flung herself next to Des, an arm draping over him. "You know, you are very right. And I can think of a lot better things to do with our time... Now that we have a place to ourselves..." Kayleigh muttered, her fingers trailing up Des's chest towards his hair.

Pretty pleased with himself for getting Kayleigh to see his point and quit unpacking, Desi turned his face so that he could admire her. Kayleigh really was pretty, he'd always thought so, but something over the past two years had made her...hot. There was really no other word for it, but he was glad he'd managed to figure out they were an item before that had happened. Now she was stuck with him, which was a huge win for him and a...well he didn't know what it was for her. He stared into her blue eyes, so unlike his own even though his were also blue, her fingers leaving goosebumps behind as they trailed up. "Damn girl. Are you talking about..." he muttered, a laugh in his voice, "practicing sword fighting and experimenting with charms?" It was what they'd done with their alone time in the room of requirement soon after first finding it.

Kayleigh's eyes connected with Des's as he started his sentence. She watched him, seeing the smile on his face seconds before he asked about sword fighting and charms. Kayleigh laughed and whacked him playfully on his chest. "That was different! That was at school. This is our own place. But fine, if you insist." Kayleigh teased before jumping up, looking through some boxes. "I swear I have my swords somewhere around here..."

Desi let out a laugh at Kayleigh's reaction, though he was scrambling to sit up and trying to retract his joke as she went back to her boxes. His protests seemed to be to no avail. "Wait a minute. You mean to tell me you brought all of your swords?" he asked, freezing in place. He was a bit afraid of them. No, that wasn't true. He was a bit afraid of her when she had those swords in her hand. Anybody would be. Kayleigh was a badass with those sharp needles of death. "Bam-" he halted that, knowing it wasn't a good idea while she was sifting for swords. "Babe, come back. Remember? Any old day? Staying forever?" he waved her closer, giving her his best duck face.

Kayleigh nodded her head with a soft "Mm-hmm" when Des asked about her swords. As if she'd leave them behind. That was like asking Desi to leave all his pranks behind. Of course, Kayleigh would never, ever actually use one on Desi; magical people were fond of using spells (as was Kayleigh), but she knew how dangerous swords could actually be. It was more fun hitting dummies and having them up for display, where she knew no one would be hurt. Still, it was fun to tease Des with them. Kayleigh turned when he called her again, a small smirk on her face. She laughed seeing his duck face, but moved back over to him again, placing a peck on his lips before lying down on the bed again. "So, our first night in, what are you making me for dinner?" Kayleigh asked.

Happy to have convinced her twice now to stop unpacking, Desi grinned and leaned beside her propped up by his elbow. As she asked about food, the teenager brightened even more. Desislav Zhefarovich wasn't good at very many things, but he'd learned over the past year that he had quite the affinity for cooking. This had come as a surprise to everyone who knew him, especially his mother's house elf, Estelle. But under her supervision, Desi had added a small list of recipes to his repertoire. "Well Ms. Hunter, since you asked so nicely, you are in for quite the treat this evening. I went out and bought us something I know you're gonna love " he teased, giving her a tap on the nose. "And I'll be expecting someone to clean up and do dishes later" he said, his blue eyes staring pointedly at his girlfriend.

Kayleigh's eyes lit up when Des said he actually was going to make them dinner, and even something she loved. "So not just beans on toast?" Kayleigh teased, expecting that to be the reply. She didn't even react to the tap on her nose. His next line, however, caused Kayleigh to scrunch up her nose and narrow her eyes. "No no no no, that's not how this works Zhefarovich. Usually I would, and usually without asking, but not if you tell me and expect me to! And not on my first night, when you are making me dinner like a proper gentleman." Kayleigh responded, with a tap on his nose.

"Beans on -?" he scoffed playfully, pretending to be insulted. Desislav knew that he was pushing his hand, but still sighed when he heard the nos escaping his girlfriend's lips. He stayed staring at her for a second, a battle of wills that he knew better than to think he could win. Living with Kayleigh Hunter was going to be quite the adventure. He playfully moved to bite her finger and then sat up, giving himself some space before his next words. "Listen here, Bambi" Desislav began, getting ready to run, "you might have me wrapped around that finger I just tried to bite off, but I will not be doing dishes today..or any day!" With that declaration, Desislav jetted off the bed, knocking over a box and hurting his hip before he made it out of the room, magically locking the door behind him with a cackle. "Ha!" he yelled at the door's lock, nursing his hip as he did.

Kayleigh laughed when Desislav pretended to be insulted. Really, what did he expect her to think? He'd never shown any inkling to knowing how to cook, so she had moved in expecting a lot of take out meals until she learnt to cook. Beans on toast was a compliment. As Des's teeth clamped over her finger, she cried a small "Ow!", though it didn't really hurt, and she frowned at him (though not actually angry), but the frown quickly turned to a wide opened mouth in shock as he backed away, not only calling her Bambi, but refusing to do dishes and then running away! The only silver lining was that he hurt his hip, but as she ran after him and reached for the door handle she growled when she found it was locked. Kayleigh heard his triumphant laugh and she stomped her foot in frustration. She patted herself, looking for her wand, and when she didn't find it, she looked around the room. Why hadn't she kept it on her?! She kept silent, wondering if Des was waiting on the other side to see what she would do, or if he had been smart and run for his life. Finally she found her wand, and she pointed it at the door. "You better run Zhefarovich, you are dead!" She yelled before magically unlocking the door.

Hearing her in the next room, Desi knew she was looking for her wand and he cursed himself for not taking it with him. He stated wide-eyed around the room, looking for a place to hide. He had heard her warning, loud and clear, and he had invoked her middle name two times too many, so he knew he was in for it. The lock clicked before he could decide which hiding space was best, so he turned around and leaned against a wall, his arms crossed against his chest as if he had no intention of running. His wand was firmly in his hand in case he needed a shield charm.

"Kayleigh...Kayleigh" he held out his hands as if he was trying to soothe a threatening animal. She looked adorable but he definitely knew better than to tell her so. "I already hurt myself. See, it was the universe on your side" his hip was still smarting. "So we're even."

The door opened for Kayleigh to see Desislav leaning against the wall and she smirked. Though she wouldn't ever use her wand on him, she put it in her pocket, so it was ready in case he locked her out, or in again. She shook her head as he spoke, telling her that the universe was on her side. "We are so not even. The universe may have had her say in what she thinks of you, but I have not yet. Do you want a count down?" Kayleigh offered, her hands folded across her chest, giving Des the opportunity to run, which definitely made it more fun for her, because a running tackle was a lot more fun, and way easier, than trying to drag a very tall standing human down.

Desi heard her words and gave her a curt nod, a smirk on his face as he heard the countdown and jetted off, taking refuge behind a box. They each faked one direction and then another, Desi finding an opening and sprinting for another box only to do the same dance with Kayleigh. "Come on babe. This all you got?" he trash talked as he faked left and then ran back towards their bedroom. "I thought you played quidditch" he glanced over his shoulder as he ran, banging into a box and sending its contents falling out of the box as it toppled over. "Oh cra-" he shouted as he jumped onto the bed and over to the other side, only just escaping Kayleigh's grasp. Desislav was having the time of his life. "Have I ever told you how hot you are when you pretend to be mad at me?" he asked as he dove onto the bed, trying to roll to the other side and falling off of the bed and onto the floor.

OOCOut of Character:
Godmod done with permission

Kayleigh chased after Des, groaning as he kept sneaking through her grip. His trash talk made her all the more determined to catch him - if he was right, and that was all she had, he would never let her hear the end of it. She raced after him as he made a poke about Quidditch, but paused in her step as he knocked a box over, and she let out a laugh. Kayleigh shouldn't have paused - she knew it the moment he slipped through her grasp again. "Get your scrawny ass here!" Kayleigh yelled as he dove onto the bed. As he fell down, Kayleigh jumped onto the bed and then dove on top of him, puffing slightly. "Might I remind you, I was a beater, so I've gotten quite good at hitting things." She said as she tried to continue to try to pin him down. "Now apologize and say I'm scary!"

As Desi landed on the floor, he smacked the hip he'd just hurt. With it smarting, he was slow to start moving again, and it was all Kayleigh needed. As she dove onto him, Desislav was quick to hold his arms up in surrender. He was a brave Gryffindor but he wasn't a stupid one, and the man knew when he should accept defeat. "What am I saying sorry for again?" he said, a laugh on his lips because he honestly could not remember anymore. He'd been so busy having fun that he didn't even remember that they'd been disagreeing on anything. He put his hands on either side of her cheeks and smooshed them so she was making a kissy face. "See, I can't call you scary when you can do this" he added, amusing himself. "I love your face" he continued, caressing her cheeks with his thumbs.

When Des questioned why he was apologizing, Kayleigh paused. "For - I don't know!" But before she could even continue to think of what brought upon the play fight, he smooshed her cheeks. Kayleigh froze, she couldn't even do anything with her mouth, though she wanted to laugh. "You're lucky I love yours too." She tried to say, though it probably sound muffled through the smooshing. Kayleigh whacked at his hands, leaning forward to peck him on the lips. "When are you starting my dinner?" She asked, suddenly remembering.

Desislav laughed as she tried to talk while he had her face like that. He let go as she smacked his hands and continued laughing as they kissed. He knew he could easily stay like this forever even if the floor eventually began to hurt his back or he began to get hungry. Kayleigh seemed to be thinking the same sort of things because she asked about food. He smirked, knowing she wasn't a Legilimens but feeling like they simply shared that great of a connection with one another. "Well maybe if you weren't on top of me!" he exclaimed as if she'd been the one holding him back all along.

At Desislav's words, Kayleigh laughed. She was feeling on top of the world and knew this moving in with Des was probably the best decision of her life. The blonde loved their banter, their play fights and everything about the man. To show her love, she released every muscle in her body that was holding her up, dropping every bit of weight she could onto Des, making herself as heavy as possible. "C'mon Gryffindor, show me what you got." Kayleigh teased, her head lying sideways on his face.

"Oof" he let out a breath as he suddenly had all of Kayleigh's weight on him. Desislav would laugh if he could, and he did as soon as he caught his breath. The man kept laughing, more to himself this time before he licked his girlfriend's face. If he had easier access to his arms, she'd have been in for a Wet Willie. As it was, he managed to hit her cheek. Then he lifted her bodily and gave her a swift kiss on the cheek before he slid out from under her and ran off.

Eventually, with much distraction, all of it welcomed by the former Gryffindor, the young man sat across from his girlfriend cutting into a large steak. He'd gone all out for her, wanting to impress her and show he could put together a meal far more worthy of her than beans on frickin' toast. But to be funny, he'd made that for her too. "I'm still waiting for you to eat that" he pointed with his knife at the beans on toast, which was the only thing he'd actually burned. Of course.

OOCOut of Character:
godmod approved

Kayleigh's laugh was quickly turned into a squeal and "yuck!" as Des licked her face, followed by more groans and oofs as he then managed to escape. The Slytherin alum wiped her cheek, shaking her head, though a grin was still on her face. She sat on the floor for a moment, feeling the complete happiness, before remembering she still had a ton to unpack.

The smells called her out to dinner before Des did, and she sat opposite him as they began to tuck into dinner. It was marvelous, and she was absolutely taken aback by how good of a cook he actually was. "Are you kidding? You expect me to eat that burnt disaster after this masterpiece? Oh no no no Des." She laughed, "You've started something now, there's no turning back. I expect five star dinners every night now." Kayleigh teased.

Desi couldn't reply right away, not with his mouth full of steak. By the time he was finishing up, he was grinning, his eyes full of mischief. "I'll make you a deal. You can get another dinner like this if you manage to convince Finn to be our waiter for the evening" he laughed.

He continued to eat, a smile on his face before he looked up. "I'm happy you're here, Kayleigh. You're here all the time but I'm happy you're finally staying" he added, even though she'd stayed over night too. "Ugh, you know what I mean. I'm happy you'll be here tomorrow and the next day and the day after that." He stood up to take his plate to the sink but stopped to place a kiss on the top of Kayleigh's head. "I love you...Bambi."

Kayleigh put her fork down and glared at Desi. "Zhefarovich, you know damn well that will never happen and I'll be having beans on burnt toast for the rest of my life! No deal." She laughed.
Even though they had been with each other for awhile, he still knew how to make her blush. Kayleigh felt her stomach get butterflies, her heart feeling giddy at his words. She closed her eyes as he kissed her head, beaming even though he called her Bambi. She stood up, and followed suit, taking her dish through, slightly bumping Des with her shoulder as she stood next to him. "I'm happy too. And I love you too."

fin​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back