Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
bisexual
Wand
Curved 14 Inch Rigid Black Walnut Wand with Essence of Belladonna Core
It had roughly been a couple of years since Gemma had moved to New Zealand. Since she had graduated, she was lucky to have a small job at a coffee shop. Though It wasn't something she wanted to do forever. The girl wanted to pursue her dreams in photography. She had been applying for many photography jobs these last couple of months, but the odds hadn't really been in her favour. Today was yet another interview for a photography job, but she had prepared to not keep her hopes up yet again for the hundredth time.

The girl made her way inside the building in which the interview was taken place. It wasn't anything fancy but she had let the receptionist know that she had arrived for her interview and had taken a seat. Mentally preparing in her head, hoping how the interview would turn out, as well as looking through her portfolio, hoping that it had been somewhat at least good enough.

Cadell had only recently just separated from his wife and he wasn't planning on keeping his job in Japan in case he happened to bump into her again. He needed to start fresh, and so had been applying for photography jobs throughout New Zealand where he could be close to those in his family. He was thankful for the experience that his previous job had given him and hoped it would be enough to gain a brand new job in a more familiar country.

Cadell was surprised when he heard back from a local company in New Zealand. He wanted to get there with plenty of time, and so left almost an hour beforehand. He arrived to the building, observing it first before entering. It wasn't as big as the headquarters in Japan, and suddenly Cadell was nervous that perhaps he would be overqualified for this job. He made his way to the front counter, checking himself in at reception before looking for a place to sit and wait for his turn. As he scanned the room and all of the faces, he stopped in his tracks as he felt like he recognised one of the ladies that were there. He made his way over to her, smiling at her as he sat down. "Hey, how's your day been?" he asked conversationally. He didn't want to say too much in case it was a completely different person than who he thought.

Gemma looked up when she had heard a voice that spoke to her. She smiled at him and waved slightly. She had somewhat felt that this person had looked familiar, but couldn't really tell if she knew him or not. "I'm doing good, actually. Just trying to prepare me" Gemma says with a nervous laugh. The nerves of the upcoming interview, which could happen at any moment, was getting to her. "How has your day been? Are you prepared?" Gemma says with a smile. She had tried to prepare herself the past week, trying her best to try and stand out. She probably wasn't gonna get this job either, but it was worth a shot anyway. "Oh, I'm Gemma by the way. What's your name?"

Cadell smiled as the woman responded to him. She didn't seem to recognise him from what Cadell could tell, and Cadell was pleased with this. He liked meeting new people, and it was definitely a chance to see who he was up against in getting this job. "Yeah, it's a bit nerve wracking, but you'll be fine." he reassured her, wondering how long she had been a photographer for. Cadell probably had more experience than some of the people, or at least he thought so. "My day has been alright. Just trying to be chill before the interview so I can just be myself. I've got my resume and portfolio, and the three essays they asked us to write, so I think I'm good." he explained to her. They had said nothing about essays, and Cadell couldn't help but suddenly feel bad. He laughed as he thought she fell for it. "Don't worry, there aren't any essays. Just pulling your strings." He was happy to help her open up more if that was what she needed. She introduced herself as Gemma. "My name is Cadell. It's good to meet you."

Gemma nodded as the man had spoken to her. She was indeed nervous, and with each passing minute, she could be called at anytime. Her eyes widened in surprise as he explained about there being two essays. "What?" Gemma mutters to herself in concern. They hadn't said anything about three essays, right? Was it something that she had missed in the email that was sent? Gemma let out a sigh of relief when she realised that he was only just messing with her. "Dude, don't scare me like that" Gemma says with a small laugh, "Gave me a wee fright there" Gemma says quietly with a shake of her head and a small smile. "It's good to meet you Cadell. Have you done any photography jobs before?"

Cadell was pretty impressed with himself that he managed to fool her. There was always something fun about doing that to people, and perhaps others would call him mean, but he never did it with a bad intention. "It's all good. Just don't trust anything else I say - it's too dangerous." he told her sarcastically. At her question, Cadell nodded. "Yes. My first photography job was in Japan actually. Worked there for a few years. But now I need a change. Let's just say that things over there aren't too great at the moment. New Zealand is my home, so I want a job here." he explained. "What about you? Do you have much experience?"

Gemma laughed at Cadell's sarcastic comment. His sarcasm and joking around had somewhat put her nervousness at ease. She had been nervous all week about the job. Gemma nodded as he had explained his experience, it had kinda made her nervous with the experience that he had. "Oh no, I don't have much experience. I recently graduated from a photography course, here in New Zealand. So most of the experience I have is just stuff I've done in uni" Gemma explains. Even though the main reason of her moving to New Zealand was to be closer to her extended family, she had never realised that she was going to study or pursue anything in photography. "Japan? Oh, that sounds like an exciting place. Did you travel anywhere else?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back