Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single (Not Looking)
Sexual Orientation
Music
Wand
Knotted 13 Inch Whippy Beech Wand with Acromantula Web Core
Veronica headed out to the Great Lawn, her guitar in hand. After all the stuff that had happened in the Great Hall, she felt like she needed to be outside for a while. She liked the fresh air and she didn't like playing her guitar inside. Mostly because she wasn't allowed to at home, it sort of carried across for her into her school life. She sat cross legged when she found a stump and looked around. It was a relatively warm day despite being Winter and so she was going to enjoy this. She shucked off her rob and just sat in her shirt and skirt. The robe was much too hot. She pulled her guitar across her lap and just started to feel the music. It was always good to just string the notes along, see what music they wanted to create.

Zachery was happy to be back at Hogwarts, he had missed it during the summer holidays. Zachery did what he usually did when it was a warm day like this one and walked towards his favorite spot in the Great Lawn. A few minutes later the Gryffindor sat against a tree, reading a book about one of his favorite subjects; history. If it wasn't for the guitar he heard, Zachery would've been lost in his book. He looked around, scanning the place to see where the sound of the guitar came from and saw a girl, a few meters away from him, sitting on a stump and playing her guitar. ''You like playing the guitar?'' he asked while hoping that the girl had heard him.

Veronica closed her eyes as she listened to the sounds the chords made. She couldn't hear any definite song or underlying tune, but the sounds made her feel good anyway. She opened her eyes when she heard someone speak and looked around for them before seeing them sitting under a tree with a book. She smiled openly at him and got off of the stump. She walked over to him and knelt closer to him, sitting on her legs. "Yeah, I really do. It calms me down and helps me focus. I'm not so good on doing either of those things on my own." She told him laughing slightly. She flattened herself onto her stomach so that she could see the cover of his book. "What're you reading?"

Zachery smiled at the girl when she approached him and straightened himself up.''That's really cool!'' the boy exclaimed. ''I can play a little bit too.'' His grandfather used to play for him and his grandmother on warm summer nights. ''Oh this?'' Zach glanced at his book ''It's about Witches and witch hunters, it's pretty cool.''

Veronica smiled as the boy mentioned being about to play a little bit, she excitedly held out her guitar to him. "No-one else has played for me for ages! Can you, please?!" She was very excited. She wanted to be the one listening to the sounds this time, instead of playing them. "Why would you want to read a book about witches being hunted?" She asked, eyes widening.

Zachery sighned and smiled, ''Okay, but don't judge me, I haven't played for a long time.'' he put his book down beside him and took the guitar from her. Zach put his fingers on the strings of the guitar and tried to remember the song his grandfather used to teach him. While trying to remember how the song goes he answered her question about his book, ''It's interesting to know how Muggles thought about our kind, and the different methods they used to identify a witch.'' whilst taking he remembered a few chords and slowly began to play them.

Veronica grinned as the older boy took her guitar. She didn't really mind if he wouldn't be able to play well, you could hear music out of the worst kind of notes. She listened to him though as he explained why he would want to read a book about that kind of thing and she had to admit that it made sense. She smiled at him and nodded. "I guess that makes sense. What happens in it? Do the witches get away?" Veronica had never really read a muggle book before, she wasn't a fan of reading for relaxation, she prefered to play her music, it was soothing and made her happy. Veronica watched the movement of the fingers along the chords as her instrument was played. She tilted her head slightly to watch it and leaned forward. "Try this." She moved his hand a little higher up the neck of the guitar, it sounded good already, but she wanted him to try a higher pitch.

Zachery smiled at her as he was playing the guitar with the few chords he remembered. It has been a while since he played and he needed to get used to the feeling again. ''Most of them get away, some don't. The ones who got away used their wands so they can protect themselves from the flames, that is if they are burned at the stake, others used a spell to breath underwater.''Zach could've talked for hours on this but decided that is was a smart thing not to do so, mainly because it might bore her. He watched her as she leaned in, moving his hand a bit higher, and smiled at her. ''Like this?'' Zachery asked while playing again.

Veronica loved music and she loved being outdoors. Her hair was currently in a platt, but most often she had it down because she liked the way the wind felt in her hair. She wasn't an especially good flyer though, which was one of the reasons that she'd never tried out for Quidditch despite being rather interested in it. Veronica shifted her legs to a more comfortable position as the boy spoke again. "That's awful. I feel sorry for them. Knowing that their sisters suffered like that." She said, continuing to listen to the music. She had her eyes closed now, but opened them slightly to see that he had it right before closing them again. "Yeah, now just feel the music, play whatever comes to you, good or bad. There's no such thing as a bad note."

Zachery remembered how the song went and began to play a little bit faster now. Old memories of his grandfather, that he had forgotten, came to mind again and he smiled while playing. ''I do too, but it is still kind of interesting to read about it. It's nice to see the big difference between then and now.'' Like the girl, Zachery changed his position to a more comfortable one. ''If you want to read it for yourself, I'd be happy to lend it to you.'' he said quickly when he touched a wrong string

Veronica shrugged at her companion as he talked about liking to know the differences between that time and this one. Veronica wasn't very much into history, her brother was, but she never understood why you would want to think about that, unless it was for something like Orwell's cause. That made sense to her, but the suffering of their kid was kind of dark. "So the one's that were burned... is that like with the Salem witch trials?" Everyone knew about those. Most real witches were able to get away, but sometimes... Veronica shook her head, this was not something she wanted to think about. She shook her head at the offer to borrow his book. "It's okay, I don't read much." As he hit a bad note, Veronica laughed slightly and took the guitar from him. "Okay, I think that's enough for you, let me play you something." She sat the guitar across her lap and got more comfortable before strumming the strings. She didn't sing often, but this was one song that had to be sung. "Okay, so this song is kind of about... um, families, kind of." She told him as she began to play. It was more about the fractures of sibling rivalry, but it sounded nice.

I sorry! D:

Zachary nodded, ''It's sort of like, no, almost exactly, like the Salem witch trials.'' The boy told her, ''This book takes place in 16th century, Europe, almost every country had witch trials at that time.'' Again, Zach could talk about this book for hours and hours, but thought it would be better to leave it alone for now, especially because it might even put her, or anyone else really, to sleep if it wasn't interesting enough. The young boy smiled at her as she took her guitar back, ''Hey, I wasn't that bad,'' Zachery said as he straightened. ''Right?'' He closed his eyes when she started playing, making sure that the only thing he was focusing on was the sound of her playing the instrument. To him it sounded really good. ''You've got beautiful voice, you know that?'' Zachary said to her with a smile on his face as he complimented her.

it's okay!

This was one of the very reasons that Veronics didn't much like to read. History was depressing at the best of times because no one wanted to write about the not emotional day to day aspects of any certain era. Venn had told her that when she'd asked him once. He was so smart, it made sense that he was a ravenclaw. She heard that most countries tried to burn her kind, but she didn't understand why. She knew that this must have been the reason for the secrecy from muggles. "Would we get burned now? My sister is travelling the world, I don't want her to get burned." Magic had taught her some pretty special things, but not so much how to deal with being burned at the stake, that'd be horrible. She was sure this was the kind of thing her parents tried to shield her from. Still, her grandmother was a muggleborn and she was still alive. Maybe it wasn't all that bad. Veronica grinned however when she was asked for reassurance. She didn't stop her own playing but she did stop singing. "Not really that bad, I guess." It wasn't the best in the way of reassurance, but why not let him sweat a little. She blushes slightly at the compliment. "My brother is much better than me. But thanks."

:shy:

Zachery smiled when the girl asked him about her sister. "I don't think so," The boy said. "It would be very unlikely to happen since Muggles don't know of our existence. And if it would happen she would, probably, be able to defend herself with magic." He was quite sure that burning, drowning, or beheading a Witch or Wizard wouldn't be happening anymore nowadays. Or at least hoped so. Zach ran his hand through his hair when she replied to him and smiled, he knew that he needed to play again if he wanted to be as good as her, but simply didn't own a guitar. Yet, he was sure that what he played wasn't all that bad. Zachery began playing with the tip of a page of his book without really being aware that he was doing it. The teen smiled when he saw the girl blush slightly and replied to her, "Well, I have never heard him sing before, so you sound pretty good to me."

This could've been better

I know, I did it again. I'm so sorry :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Veronica nodded at what was said. She definitely hoped that what he was saying was true because she definitely didn't want to get home and find out the Kelsey had been turned into a crispy witch. They didn't necessarily get along, but she still loved her sister. "You're right, she probably could. She's really smart." It was true. Veronica knew that she wasn't the brightest spark, just like she knew that Venn placated her, but she didn't mind, she enjoyed the things she enjoyed despite all of that. She watched however as the boy started playing notes on his page and she laughed slightly. "Anything really can be an instrument." She stood up and stretched a little. "Thanks for the compliment by the way. But if you do ever come across another me, that's not me, that's my brother and you can ask him to sing for you. You'll see how much worse I am!" She placed the shoulder backwards over her head and started towards the Castle. "I've somewhere to be! Thanks for hanging out with me!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back