Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
???
Wand
Straight 12 1/2 Inch Sturdy Blackthorn Wand with Demiguise Hair Core
She couldn't help herself from wondering what kinds of dangers would be hidden from the students in the forbidden forest Why did the Headmistress have to make such a big deal out of it during the start of the year feast if they weren't even allowed in here anyway? Well, Paige was determined to find out why they weren't supposed to wander off into the forest and so found herself standing at the entrance of it, looking back over her shoulder to make sure that no professor or prefect would see her enter.

aspen was near the edge of the forest enjoying some of the breeze coming through the trees on this warm day. She saw a young two hoof standing on the edge looking as if she was standing on the edge of a big decision. she stood in the shadows slightly obscured from view and watched her to see where she would go.

Deciding that no one would see her entered the Forbidden Forest, Paige walked the path that would lead her deeper into the forest. While it hadn't been dark just yet when she entered the forest, the Slytherin needed her wand to keep things lit for her now. Thinking that she was safe from the ''dangerous'' creatures for at least some time, she kept her wand pointed at the path so she could see where she was going.

Aspen saw the girl enter the forest and walk along a semi path towards her. And decided to have a bit of fun with her who goes there, entering the Forrest without the permission of the custodians she said making her voice deep and as ominous as she could.she was still partially hidden behind the plants but still visible enough to be seen

Paige froze in her tracks upon hearing the deep and ominous voice and jerked around to where she thought it was coming from to see if someone was there by using the lit pointy-end of her wand. ''Hello? Who is there?'' She asked carefully while she tried to see if beyond the tall trees and bushes. Much to her surprise, and horror, someone or something was standing behind the plants. It looked like a woman or so she thought. ''I'm armed and know loads of really dangerous spells so don't come near me!''

Aspen couldn't help but laugh as the girl seemed to jump and freeze in her tracks at the same time. she took a step forward towards the girl. "I really doubt that. you look like a youngling, twohoof" she said. "I'm aspen. don't worry I was just playing with you, I won't hurt you" she said. a cheeky grin on her face.

It stepped forward and immediately questions the Slytherin's abilities. So much for faking to have the upper hand in this situation. She backed away when seeing the lower half of the woman's body but stopped once she realised what kind of creature Aspen was. ''You're a centaur, aren't you?'' Paige asked.

Aspen smiled kindly. as the girl saw her in full it was always fun to see people reactions to her. "That i am, and you are a student in the school." she said. what brought you into the forest today? she asked wondering if she was after something specific or just a wander.

''We were told not to enter the forest because it is supposed to be dangerous and stuff, but I've never actually heard stories about it actually being dangerous so I thought I'd come and check it out,'' Paige replied, finding herself relaxing more now that she knew that Aspen was friendly. ''Is it really as dangerous as the Headmistress says it is?''

"I know what you are told. and there are dangerous things in the forest they like it very deep inside." she said. she was not going to mention that people had died in here before as she liked making friends. "there are some nice laces this shallow if you keep following this path you will get ot a clearing with a few nice fruit trees" she said wondering if hse would get asked to go with her.

Paige listened attentively to Aspen. She hadn't truly believed that the forest would be that dangerous, thought that it was just something they sad to scare a bunch of eleven-year-olds, but the centaur basically confirmed that she knew what lives in the forest. ''Fruit trees?'' the Slytherin repeated, finding it hard to believe that stuff like that would be able to grow that deep into the forest. ''Could you take me there?'' she asked. She didn't mind going by herself but with Aspen there with her, it'd be without a doubt much safer.

Didn’t the girl know what fruit trees were yes. Trees where apples and cherries come from she said. It was cherry season where as the apples were still smal and a bit sour. of corse it’s this way. she said making her way down the path. what is it like in the castle she asked always curious to learn about the school that was always beyond her ever going inside[/B]

''I know where fruit comes from,'' Paige retorted. ''I'm just surprised that something which requires so much sunlight can grow deep into the forest. But then this is Hogwarts so who knows how stuff works here...'' There was so much still to learn about this place. She thought about her answer for a moment as the two of them walked down the path. ''It's... busy, I've never seen so many people in one place before. But it's also really fun because we get to learn a bunch of stuff.'' Paige didn't know if this was the answer Aspen was hoping for, but the learning was the most fun part about being here.

Aspen nodded. The clearing let’s enough sun through she said in reply. She listened as the girl explained the castle everything I hear about it sounds so interesting. But I never get to see it any closer than the trees. She said is it true that the ceiling shows the sky outside and that the stairs are made of marble and move?

Paige nodded in response to Aspen's question about the ceiling in the great hall and the grand staircase. "It's really pretty sometimes, the ceiling is," she replied. She often found herself staring up at the sky. "Are you not allowed to come closer to the castle?" Paige asked curiously. "What about during the winter when the temperature drops?" She would feel sad for the centaur if it wasn't allowed the warmth of the castle once it'd cool down.

Last edited:
"It sounds pretty. I suppose i get the real night sky which is also pretty but can be wet" she said. making a bit of a joke. "no we have strict lands where we are allowed to be. the forest is one of them but so long as we don't interfere with or hurt the students or professors unless self-defence. but we aren't allowed past the trees. even if it is snowy." she said.

She chuckled at the joke Aspen made. ''I don't think I've ever actually seen it rain in the great hall,'' Paige replied. She wondered if the Headmistress would be able to do so however. ''So there are more of you in the forest? Are they all as friendly as you?'' Her father had told her about the history between humans and centaurs over the centuries and that it hadn't always been rose-coloured. ''But doesn't it get really cold in here some times? What do you do then, light a big fire?'' she asked, concern growing in her voice.

“There are a couple of others. But the main tribe who used to live here moved on a while ago, most of the rest tend to keep to themselves [/b] she said as they continued down the path.
She laughed at the girls comments it does get cold in winter I do could a fire, and I have a shelter too. Remember have a built in fur coat. And I have animal skins to wear if it is cold. by this time they had reached the clearing an open area of land with a couple of young trees spaced haphazardly in the middle and a brook running through it.

Paige found herself wanting to know more about the centaurs in the forest as she listened to Aspen speak. Perhaps her father knew more about the tribe the centaur spoke of and the way the lived. She could see the moon now that they had finally reached the clearing and knew that she was deeper into the forest than she would've perhaps wanted to go. But the open area of land Aspen had brought her was rather beautiful and peaceful. She walked towards one of the fruit trees, disappointed that nothing was ripe yet. ''Do you come here often?'' she asked, looking back over her shoulder at the centaur.

They reached the clearing and aspen realised that it had gotten dark as they had walked. She could see the girl was disappoint that there was no fruit ready. You will have better luck at the other tree she said. In response to her question she nodded of course. The forest is my home. Here is a good place to get water from and to lie in the sun. I grew those two fruit trees you know

''You grew these?'' she repeated with astonishment, looking back at the trees in the clearing. She'd always thought that centaurs were... well she never thought centaurs planted trees. ''That's awesome,'' Paige said as she walked to the tree Aspen pointed out to here. She plucked a green-yellowish apple from the tree, it came off rather easily which was why she knew it was ripe, and took a bite out of it. ''This is not bad,'' she said whilst chewing.

aspen nodded it was an unusual thing for a centaur to do but she wasn't the most normal of centaurs. "a friend kept visiting me a while ago and she sometimes brought me some fruit from the castle, especially in winter. I liked It so i decided to grow it from the seeds." she said it had been almost twenty years since rowan had been at the school but she had now met willow she hoped that she would see her niece more often now. she took an apple too and bit into it the sweet juice was delicious.

Paige made a mental note reminding herself that Aspen liked fruit from the castle. She felt pretty safe around Aspen so definitely wanted the centaur to continue being friendly towards her. She chuckled at the thought that students would ignore the many warnings from the professors to visit the friendly creatures living in the Forbidden Forest. ''How would one be able to find you again?'' the Slytherin asked before taking another bite of the apple. Perhaps with Aspen by her side, Paige could wander off deeper into the forest.

Aspen shrugged. I’m usually around somewhere. Just be careful not every creature in here is friendly and it is easy to get lost if you don’t know your way. Especially at nightshe said. Her new friend was so young she felt like she had to warn her to be safe.

Paige nodded when Aspen told her to be careful. It was true that she could get lost rather quickly without someone there with her who knew the way through the forest. ''What other kinds of creatures live in the forest? I've heard loads about dangerous ones but so far I haven't encountered one yet,'' she told the centaur.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back