Peregrine White

Sheltered | Good-natured | Conceited
OOC First Name
Claire
Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Peregrine strolled happily down the fifth floor corridor, glancing through the windows and making marks in his notebook as he went.

Lars wandered through the corridor, unsure of which floor he was on. As he walked, he noticed another boy around his age who seemed to be writing or drawing something. Curiously, Lars moved closer, hoping to catch a glimpse of the notebook subtly.

Thinking he'd made a mistake, Peregrine suddenly frowned and turned around, only to realise he was blocking the path of another boy. The Hufflepuff stepped back politely, offering the boy an apologetic smile before looking back down at his notebook.

Lars had walked up behind the boy, hoping to be able to look over his shoulder at the notebook. When he suddenly turned, Lars jumped back, blushing pink. "Sorry." He said softly.

Peregrine looked up, confused. "Why?"

The boy's question confused Lars for a moment, and he shrugged nervously. "Walking so close to you." He muttered, wondering how the boy hadn't noticed.

Peregrine still didn't really understand what the Ravenclaw was apologising for. "Oh. Is that a crime?" he asked.

Lars watched the boy for a moment, wondering if he was making fun of him. "No, but it could be unpleasant for you..." He said eventually.

"Oh," Peregrine said again. "I don't mind." He paused. "Did you want something?"

"Oh" Lars said, unintentionally mirroring the shorter boy. He shifted uncomfortably. "Well, I was wondering what you were drawing. Or writing."

The pieces suddenly fell into place. "Actually, I'm not drawing or writing. I'm counting windows," Peregrine explained, as if this were a perfectly ordinary thing to do. He showed the Ravenclaw the tally marks in his book. "I've counted one-hundred and fifty-eight so far. Well - I thought I had. This corridor has one more window on it than the floor below. Or I've miscounted. I suppose I'll have to count them a few times, anyway, to be sure my results are accurate."

Lars was a little disappointed the boy hadn't been drawing. He had hoped to find another student who shared his hobby. He was puzzled by what the boy told him, only growing more confused as he went on. "Oh, I see." He said, trying not to look like this was strange. "Uh, so why are you counting the windows?" He asked after a short pause. He didn't want to offend the boy, but it had to be asked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back