Old friends

James Adams

OOC First Name
James
Sexual Orientation
Esmexual.
Wand
Walnut Wand 14 1/2" Essence of Vampire Blood
James wanted to get away from the annoying first years he was having to deal with constantly this year. He wished it would be a nice quiet term like in his first year as prefect, but alas, it was not to be. So taking Cyndi's advice that perhaps he should try out for the quidditch team once again, he picked up his Scarlet Streak and headed down to the pitch, eager to have some practice before the new season began.

With Beater Bat and his bag on hand, Link made his way to the Quidditch Pitch. He borrowed a broomstick from one of the storage areas and was already flying it towards James. Low to the ground of course since he would probably get in trouble for flying it too high before flying lessons were finished. "James watch this!" Link called out as he opened his bag and unlatched a bludger that was inside. Dropping the bag he quickly hit the bludger with his bat before it could fly off and sent it flying. Unfortunately it also caused him to crash and fall off his broomstick.

James was just soaring around the stands when he heard a voice down below. Looking down, he saw the hopeful beater Link. And then he saw the bludger. "Bloody hell, who let you get one of those!" James cried as it came soaring towards him and he had to roll to avoid it. He was about to comment on the nice hit when he saw Link on the ground. Groaning, James swooped down towards him, keeping a careful idea on the bludger just in case it started attacking him once again.

Link quickly recovered from his fall "Stupid school broom, Dad's was much better" he said out loud to himself. Turning towards James he smiled in regards to the question about how he got the bludger "bought it before school started, Mum even enchanted it so that it will keep targeting me" Link explained as he watched the bludger prepare itself for another assualt. He grabbed his broomstick so he could hop back on, he was a pro at hitting things now he just needed to master doing that on a broom.

"That's true enough, the school brooms could do with a little update!" James smiled in recognition of this fact, glad that he himself had saved up for the finest broom on the market at the time, and still one of the best in the world. As they moved onto the bludger, James commented once again "Perhaps I should stay away from you then! You seem to be a magnet for trouble of any kind..." He grinned to show that he was joking, knowing that the element of truth in the comment would in fact reach the boy. Or so he hoped. "You want any tips by the way Link? I may not have played for a couple of years, but I'm looking to get back into it this year. We could both do with the practice."

Link laughed at his comment about being a magnet for trouble, he considered himself more of the cause of trouble than just being a magnet and that was something he enjoyed. "At least it makes things interesting!" Link replied as the Bludger came back towards him. Once again he was able to knock it away however the impact caused him to bounce back more than he wanted to, at least he was able to stay up this time. "What do you think the chances of me getting on the house team this year are?" He asked curious to what the older student thought.

Lyra grabbed her broom and headed down to the pitch. Unlike her twin, she had saved all of her birthday galleons for the last three years in order to buy her very own broom. The Gryffindor made her way down to the pitch alone, hoping to meet her brother down there. Lyra walked on to the pitch and saw Link and another boy. She wanted to be a chaser like her mother. "Hey Link!" Lyra shouted as she flew up into the air.

James was now hovering close to the ground near Link, watching the stance that he adopted on the broom. As he hit the bludger, he bounced back further than a more experienced beater would. "Well when you're a prefect, 'interesting' means something completely different. By the way, lean forward on your broom as you go to hit the bludger, it'll move the broom towards it and you'll keep your balance better. And your chances? Hard to say, but we do have some good beaters. Maybe not this year, but it's all up to Lowan." Suddenly he heard a voice behind him to see a girl he didn't recognise coming up. She seemed to know Link, so he smiled at her. "Hey, come to try out for my own personal Quidditch squad?" He laughed slightly at the last.

Lyra smiled as the older boy spoke to her. "I don't know about that, but I am going to try out for the house team." she told the boy. He seemed nice enough and Link wasn't trying to hex him so he must be all right. "Our parents played professionally. Mum was a chaser and Dad was a seeker. I think I want to be a chaser like Mum. " she told both boys. Her twin hadn't heard her say that before but she doubted that it was a surprise.

"Hi Lyra!" Link called out as he thought about James' advice, it made sense as Link tried to practice it when the Bludger came back around. "Don't forget Aunt Ravyn was a Chaser too and Aunt Cyndi was a Beater for Gryffindor" Link said with a smile. He listened as Lyra mentioned that she wanted to be a Chaser to which Link smirked. "No offense Lyra but maybe you should think about playing a different sport like Flubberworm racing!" Link suggested even though he knew that was likely to get Lyra fired up. It was always fun for him to argue with her.

James was impressed about the amount of Quidditch heritage in their family. Small they may be, but with practice they'd be excellent players, and twins always worked well together on a team. "Nice to meet you Lyra, I assume that I'm not incorrect in guessing you're twins then? One never knows with the magic potions that age and deage people these days...Anyway, anyone want some practice?" He decided to stay out of the twins relationship just in case he touched on a sensitive nerve between them.

Lyra stuck her tongue out at her twin. "You're just jealous that I am better at flying than you." she said with a superior air about her. "That and you're jealous of my broom." she teased him, knowing that he was hoping Mum would buy him a broom like hers. "We are twins, and I would like to practice." she told the oldest boy.

"Mum just felt sorry for you cause your a terrible flyer; she knew you'd need all the help you could get!" Link said scathingly while trying not to show how much he admired her broom. It was difficult to keep from drooling as he looked at it even closer than during the Try Outs when he'd first seen it in all it's glory.

Lyra rolled her green eyes at him. "Mum didn't buy my broom. I did. I've been saving my allowance for the last three years." she told him. Lyra thought he would have known that. Kiera was unreasonably fair towards the twins as she didn't want to cause any bickering.

"There's no way you've saved up enough Galleons" Link argued at Lyra. "I've been sneaking some of your allowance from your hiding place at the house and you didn't have that much!" Link countered since he was sure his mother had indeed bought Lyra the broom.

Lyra sighed. "Fine. I lied. The broom isn't mine. One of the older girls let me borrow her broom." She admitted, though she would have to change her hiding place since apparently Link found that out.

"And this is exactly why I'm glad I don't have siblings," James mentioned drily, slightly surprised that the twins were bickering. Weren't they meant to be closer than normal siblings? What were they like then? Mortal enemies? Still, James was here to practice himself, so he began to slowly rise once more, controlling his ascent as he might in a real game. "Well I'm here to get some practice, so unless you want to fly too, I'll see you later. Ask me if you need any help, if you can catch me..." He winked at them before accelerating his ascent."Oh and who let you borrow their broom Lyra? I certainly wouldn't!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back