Emrys Connelly

Odd Duck- Loner

OOC First Name
Jess S
Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Single (Not Looking)
Emrys was bored. After a bit of thought, he'd decided to try and seek out an old friend. Maybe she'd have some time for him. With his friends tucked safely in the crook of one arm, he walked through the castle a bit, before deciding to check the court yard. He walked outside, looking around. "Yuelia?" He called gently, moving farther out and peeking around to see if he could spot her anywhere. If he didn't have any luck he'd probably head out to the lake, see if she was really out and about.

Yuelia had a tendency to amuse herself with spellcasting, as though she worried that if she stopped casting spells for a moment she'd lose her ability to do so. Not that she was at any risk of that, realistically, but after being unable to touch her wand at home all holidays the worry was still there. She'd found a spot in the courtyard that had been shady at first, but now the sun was starting to push its way through. So she had one of her books hovering just above her head, angled so it was keeping the sun out of her eyes as she read through her Charms textbook. Hearing her name called broke her concentration, and the book fell straight down, slamming on her hand. "Ow!" she yelped, looking around in annoyance for the source. Her face relaxed into a smile when she saw who it was. "Oh, hello, Emrys," she greeted, trying to look placid even as she shook out the sharp pain in her fingers. "Lovely day, isn't it?"

Emrys blinked, and walked towards her. "I'm sorry, are you alright?" He asked, offering out his hand, wanting to look at hers. "I didn't mean to startle you." He explained gently. He smiled a little at her question. "It is." He looked around. "I was just looking for you, though." He told her. "It's been a while since we've hung out, do you have some time?"

Yuelia looked at her own hand for a moment, wincing a little at the pain but knowing it would quickly go away. It was a good thing she had never gotten into Quidditch, as she didn't have the arm strength to lift a beater bat or throw a quaffle. And she certainly wouldn't have coped with bludger hits, something that the Slytherin team was well known for. Yuelia tilted her head, blinking slowly before nodding. Emrys was very nice, though sometimes she wondered if they both needed to put away childish things. She had to grow up sometime. "I do," she admitted. "I can't really practice these spells freely so I would like a distraction." Sonorus was something she wasn't very keen to practice in front of everyone. "Have you read anything good lately?" Her speech was, as ever, a little stilted.

Emrys smiled softly. "Let's sit down?" He offered, moving to sit by the tree. "I just finished reading the Cirque Du Freak series, it was really interesting," He told her. "I thought it was really well done. It was about vampires and things, it had a time twist in the end," He offered, hoping it might distract her a bit. "I think it could make for a good dark movie," He admitted, ignoring the one he'd seen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back