Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
It's Complicated
Sexual Orientation
Who Cares?
Wand
Pear Wood, Unicorn hair core, 14 inches
Paris was... pretty enough, in its way. She had been traveling, and she knew her brother came to Paris at least twice a week. She knew it was most likely little to do with Paris and more to do with that dork in Marseille, but she wasn't going to check out the property in Marseille. If she was going to get an apartment anywhere that wasn't Brightstone, it was going to be a city. A nice, big city, with lots of shops nearby and a place with a great view. Somewhere where she could sit on the roof and watch the lights of Paris.

She sat at a cafe outside, a coffee and a croissant in front of her as she was looking through a real estate magazine for France. She was thinking maybe this was the wrong magazine, as it seemed more about land and houses than just flats or smaller apartments.
She wasn't about to go asking Onyx's... thing about it. She still wasn't sold that Onyx should even be talking to this, this... preppy pretty french boy, but her brother was too infatuated to bother listening to her, and he got too flustered to really give her any satisfactory answers.

So instead she sat at this bistro, enjoying the crisp morning breeze and sipping on her latte as she flipped through the magazine.

Derek travelled a good amount for his work, they played games in all manner of places and he never really stuck around for long, always preferring to go home to Athena. Bur, he was sticking around Paris, expressly to find something for Athena for christmas. He thought a nice piece of french jewelry would be nice. Not an engagement ring but just something nice and fancy, worthy of her beauty. He had managed to line up his time in Paris to be able to see Sapphire. After graduating he’d quickly started work, and Sapphire had quickly gone off travelling, so this was the first time he’d be seeing her since. He was running a little behind, having been a little caught up with his thing for Athena, but spotted Sapphire easily at the cafe they were meeting at, ”Hey stranger,” he said as he got to be in front of her table.

Sapphire looked up when she heard the voice, smiling widely and popping her bubblegum. "Heyyy, Princey boy. Descended from the castle to mingle with the commoners again?" She teased, pushing the chair out a bit in front of him. "Sit a spell, grab some coffee. How's the royalty?" She smirked a bit, shutting her book and sliding it aside.

Derek gave a little roll of the eyes as she teased him before taking a seat with her. He motioned for a waiter and in awful french ordered whatever beer they had one tap. He’d have gone for wine, but he knew he’d end up being daunted by all of the choices. ”I mean, Athena is the real princess, I’m just the jester she likes,” he joked before shrugging slightly, ”But we’re good, I’m good. I’m here for a game and doing a bit of shopping. What about you? You’ve been all over right?”

Sapphire laughed a bit. "Sure, whatever you say princey," she teased. She waved her hand and heated her coffee up a little bit again. She sipped on it, draping a hand over the back of her chair and crossing her leg. "I'm doing alright, doing a bit of work here and there. Thinking of getting an apartment somewhere around here." She shrugged. She'd been dabbling with a little bit of French, but hadn't gotten very far yet. Mostly she'd just picked up on what her uncle had been practicing with her brother.

Derek thanked the waiter in poor french as he was brought his beer. He was a little surprised that Sapphire was thinking of moving to Paris. ”In Paris?” he said, ”I didn’t realise you liked this place so much or were thinking of moving to France? I'm sure there's a kiwi quidditch team that would happily have you play for them,” perhaps he was a little nervous about his friend being so far away from him. Even if they hadn’t spent much time together recently and if with magic the distance wasn’t all that much, he was still surprised and curious about it.

Sapphire laughed lightly at Derek's response. "Its not for me, princey boy," she told him with a gleam in her eye. "Onyx found himself a French boy over in Marsielle. He's been hiding at cafes in Paris at least once a week trying to learn French. It's just, he stays out so late and works so hard I'm worried he's going to splinch himself trying to apparate home as exhausted as he gets. My work takes me all over, so getting an apartment here he can crash in would help us both. I can stash my work gear and set up like an office away from home, and he can stake out there when he's tired." She explained.

She reached over, patting his hand. "You don't miss me, do you princey?" she teased, laughing playfully and sitting back. "I haven't thought about joining Quidditch, really," she mused. "You did, didn't you? How's it going?"

Derek chuckled lightly, he hadn’t known Onyx all that well, only bec ause he was friendly with Sapphire had he known who that was. Derek was pleased that he seemed. ”Have you met this Marseille boy?” Derek asked, he knew that Sapph was protective of her brother so was sure to have an opinion on this and whether or not it was a good thing. ”What exactly do you do again?” he wasn’t sure he remembered but perhaps quidditch just hadn’t been for her. ”I did, it’s good, you know, it’s something I know well while I figure out what I’d really like to focus my energy on. Plus I’m good, it’s just way more intense,”

Sapphire rolled her eyes at his question. "A few times. I don't know what it is with Onyx and the touchy pretty boys but he picked up a quidditch player, a chaser off the French nationals." She took a drink. "This one at least seems like an upgrade from Chrysander, but that isn't exactly hard." She shrugged, still not sold on the idea of Jamie yet.

She chuckled as Derek asked what she did. "I sneak off into the wild and take a bunch of photos of magical creatures in their natural environments. Take some notes. I've found I can sell my work to magizooligists and different magazines." She grinned. She laughed lightly at his confidence. "Glad you're having fun, princey boy."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back