Irene Finch

Head of the Dept of Magical Transportation

Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single (Looking)
Wand
Knotted 14 Inch Rigid Spruce Wand with Doxy Wing Core
After mouthing ”Congratulations” to her brother from where she stood, Irene glanced over to the side and saw that Link had moved closer to her. Figuring that he was trying to get a drink himself, Irene continued to ignore him, taking another sip of champagne. As she felt a hand grip her arm and tug her forward, Irene reached down to leave the glass precariously perched on the edge of the table.

Before she knew it, Irene was standing outside of the wedding tent with Link. It was the first time that they had been alone in months. She tugged her arm out of his grip and reached over to touch the reddened area where he had gripped her hard. Looking up at him with narrowed blue eyes, Irene hissed, “You’re a jerk, you know that?” She pulled her wand out of the small bag she carried which had been enchanted inside to hold much more than it looked capable of holding.

After performing a nonverbal charm which returned her arm to its normal porcelain color, Irene looked up at him again. Crossing her arm under her chest, Irene kept her wand out just in case. She didn’t think Link would hurt her but her brother had hinted at Link being dangerous and unstable. She wasn’t sure whether her brother was simply being overprotective or if there was any truth to his claims, but she really didn’t want to find out. “You didn’t want to talk to me before. Why now Link?” she asked. Irene knew she was being childish, but she couldn’t help it. Link had wounded her pride and her heart by leaving her alone after the incident with her brother, and she wasn’t going to go easy on him.

Link took a peak down her wrisk were he had held her so tight, its as if he didn't know his own strength. He cussed under his breath, and his parents that bore him into this mindless pit hell we call earth. That's not the right way to approach her, he didn't apologize nevertheless. "How've you been?" he asked, his hand already reaching into his side pocket. He was locating a metallic case were he kept his stash hidden. Taking out a small roach, he lit the scented rollie, by the time he look up at Irene he was already exhaling deeply. Drug was his new best friend, it only took him a couple seconds to finish the roach. Unlike anyone else, it was just a couple second high and he was done. He register Irene well, knew that she was standing before him, and had watched her while mend her wrisk. Fu(king sh!t, he moved more bluntly now and lean against a unknown
Building behind him. "Why do you ask silly little question Irene honestly do I ever have a reason for my action?" he said with a stupid smirk rising from the corner of his lip. He reached out again, this time to plant his arms around her waist, fu(k who cares of Ioan see him doing this, Link was just claiming what was truly his. He smelled of the drug on him, with a mixture of mint and suave colone. "Did you miss me?" he ask her now this time serious, with her chest press against his muscular tone torso, his grey iris staring down at Irene liquid hues of blue. "Don't you love me...."

Irene had never met a guy that confused her as much as Link did. One second he seemed to want her, the next he didn't and now he seemed to want her again. Irene wasn't ever sure with him. A frown crossed her face as he asked her a relatively simple question, but one she didn't know how to answer in light of the fact that they hadn't spoken in months and he was trying to act as if things were normal. When he pulled out the cig, Irene crinkled her nose.

As Link placed his arms around her waist, part of her wanted to reach out, push him away and smack him while the other part of her wanted to plant a kiss on her lips and pull him closer to her, though that would be difficult since they were already pretty tightly wrapped together. Pushing him back to give her a little bit of space, Irene looked up into his face which wasn't that difficult since her heels put her only a couple of inches below him. She glanced up sharply as he asked whether she'd missed and loved him. "Sa-mi dai o durere de cap dragoste" she whispered in her native tongue as she shook her head and pushed back a little but still held onto his arms.

"Don't think that all is forgiven Link. I'm still mad at you" she said softly. Poking him in the chest with her manicured nail, Irene said in a most serious voice, "You are unreliable, full of bad habits, probably a bad influence on me, and I know I should be running in the opposite direction, but..." she paused and rested her hand on his chest, her wand the only thing that separated her palm from his skin, "I can't."

Translation: You give me a headache love

"Than don't...I'm tired of running this life I'm tired of being the person that I am..." he started to break down, but what can he do. Irene had crossed his mind, he try to deny that he love her. But it was a force and now he was just exhausted. His mind and boy have been through hell and back. What he could say and what he had witness was nothing normal about Link. He just wanted to be done with it, luckily for Irene it didn't mean killing himself and calling it quits. "Look your brother and I...sort of the same in some ways...but you can't let him chose for you Irene...I'm done...I hope you know what I mean" he pushed her wand down, and let it slip down her side. Part of him was being faithfully honest, but he done went through this phase many times before, maybe it was true or not. But he couldn't help but feel his chest bleed inside in some kind of form when he told her how he was really feeling about Irene. "If you don't tell me now..." but she already did, he just wanted to hear it from her lips. He reached out and brush her hair to the side. Without hesitating he drew her into a passionate kiss, it was warm like before, not cold or blunt like most time. He held her tight, his arms resting on her lower back but they were grip tight, to symbolise he wasn't letting go this time.

Irene never would have imagined that her words would affect Link the way that they seemed to. She had never seen him so vulnerable before. Perhaps it had something to do with the wedding they'd just attended. She knew that it had left her feeling as if she wanted to find someone to be with as her brother had. As he pushed down her wand while he continued to speak, Irene barely noticed that he had done so. She was considering what he said, especially about not letting her brother run her life. She knew it was true.

When he told her to tell him now, Irene knew exactly what he was referring to, but whether or not she was able or ready to say what he needed to hear was a different story. Irene had never felt this way for someone and wasn't sure if she was ready to be so open and put herself out there to anyone, not even Link.

Before she knew it, Irene was wrapped in a kiss with Link, one that she knew was making up for all the time they hadn't been together. At least for Irene it was. She put all of her emotions- the anger, pain and love- into it. As she wrapped her arms about his neck and pulled him in close, she could feel his hand on her back doing the same. When they finally broke the kiss, Irene rested her head on his shoulder and whispered into his ear. "Do you want to hear from me that I love you?" she asked, a smirk on her face as she put some space between them to look up into his face. Her hands unlinked themselves from his neck, one coming around to stroke his cheek and the other returning to his chest.

"Yeah tell me that you love me Irene cause if you don't ....." he said his face played serious, his grey eyes starring down at her. "I'm tired..." I don't belong in this world if I don't have you he thought to himself. Don't you know what your doing to me? Its not safe to love me but what can I do? Those words remain silent deep inside his mind. He was alone in this world, no one but himself. He carried his own destiny around, but with a cold spirit harvest within his enigma. One can only say where his future lays, but Irene knows more than anyone. Link gave her more than what he ever gave a woman, and that was for her to decide if he should go or if he should stay. He drag his hands down her rare end, then let her go..only to take her hand again and walk her away from the building. His mood was settle, till she told him. The last person he wanted to see to ruin it, would be Ioan or his new best friend Leah.

Irene glanced at the seriousness in Link's face and decided not to play around with him. "Te iubesc" she said softly, and then for his benefit repeated it in English. As he let go of her body to grab her hand, Irene glanced back at the tent where loud music was beginning to play. It seemed that the reception was getting into full swing and she knew that if they didn't return it was unlikely that anyone would notice.

"I was thinking of going back in, but if you're tired..." she let her voice trail off, a mischievous smirk playing across her lips. Letting go of her hand, she turned her body so that she was standing in front of him. Taking a few steps back, Irene put her hands on her hips. "You know where my place is" she added and with a wink she disapparated to her street.

Walking to her house, Irene used her wand to open the door, glad that she didn't have to worry about muggle neighbors. As she entered her home, Irene kicked off the four inch heels she had been wearing, feeling instantly more comfortable as she walked toward her couch in her bare feet and lay on it facing the door. Crossing her legs at the ankles, Irene placed her hands behind her head as she waited for Link to come through the door she'd left open for him.

Link watch Irene vanish from him his view, he thought about what she just said. It wasn't heart felt, like it didn't seem like she ment it. He questions her translation. She could have said anything and just tell him what he wanted to hear. Link took a step forward, his hands now in this pockets. Thinking back at a certain event in his life, when everything went wront. Everything always seem to go wrong, no matter what. His other side always seem to conquer him more than this side, the side he was trying to show Irene. He sauntered away from the ceremony, he would catch Ioan later or not. For this reason alone, he knew their friendship was now over. If he could call it that, what friend would destroy what you had with someone you may love or care about. It didn't make sense to live a false life, so why remain friends with him. He didn't know Link, probably what he told Irene was a lie. No one knew Link, trust that he made sure no one ever did come close to the truth. Maybe they thought so, but it was just Link as always, lying to potray someone he's not. He had to face the facts, there was no good in him, nothing saintified his action. From one point of his life to the next, none ever recall a good deed. So why bother changing now, he heard his name being call. He turn to see Ioan but he was already heading for Irene house, when he go there the door was open to welcome him. Going inside, he stride in to see Irene already pose relax. Taking a seat, Link sat down, his hands stretch out in front of him. "What's that all about? Scared of your brother too?"

Irene continued to lay down as Link came in and sat down. Inside, she breathed a sigh of relief, half afraid that he wouldn't follow her here. When he questioned her, Irene lifted herself up off the sofa so that her legs remained stretched out but she was leaning on her elbows. "Can we not talk about my brother now?" she began with a sigh as she rolled her eyes while from the kitchen a bottle of wine and two glasses slowly made its way into the room they were in.

When it reached her, Irene grabbed the bottle and poured some of the red liquid into two glasses, bringing one to Link. Sitting down beside him, Irene curled her legs under her as she leaned one arm against the back of her couch. She pulled her dress down and then took a sip of her favorite goblin wine. "You said you were tired didn't you? But if you aren't...I can think of a few things we can do." she said, her blue eyes taking on a mischievous look as she tried her best to deflect his question. The answer was fairly simple though. Yes, she most definitely was afraid of her brother and how miserable he could make her life if he chose to. She would rather not deal with any of that though and the best way to do that was to stay out of his line of vision. What he didn't know couldn't hurt him...or her after all.

"I've missed you Link" Irene said, placing her hand on his shoulder as she leaned her head against the couch, her hair falling onto her cheeks and shoulders.

He didn't say anything for a long time now, he accepted her glass of wine, but place it by a ends table. He pretty much didn't want to drink right now. She had ignore his question in a way by neglecting to tell him the truth. Instead of asking again, he felt his head go down and place his face against Irene lap. She didn't understand him, when he said he was tired. Link turn his face so now he was staring up into her eyes. His grey iris were soften, but held so many stories, secrets, and lies. He just wanted to all wash away from his memories, it felt like a curse remembering. The part of him wanting to die was growing a little stronger, but when he had Irene with him, it was silence. It remain silence for now, but will it come back again, Link could not say. He reach out for her hand, and place it upon his face. It ache of her touch, it ache affection, he wanted more than what she was offering. "Irene what do you think about marriage?" he ask her bluntly, his lips parted a little after what he just ask her. He wanted to know what she felt about it and if it ever cross her mind. Somehow it did for Link, especially after attending a wedding.

Irene stilled as Link placed his head in her lap. Not too long ago, they had been in a similar position. It had been comfortable and happy until her brother had shown up to ruin the entire moment. Today, she knew that wouldn't happen. He was busy at his wedding reception with his new bride to care about what she was doing. She began to absently brush her fingers through Link's hair as he pulled her hand onto his face.

Lifting the glass to her lips with her other hand, Irene had taken a sip when Link asked her what she thought about marriage. Her eyes widened as her hand froze in his hair. "Uh...Do you mean if I ever want to get married?" she asked nervously, her heartbeat kicking up a notch at the thought of getting married. The hand holding the glass of wine betrayed her nerves as the wine in the glass sloshed about. She leaned over Link and placed it down on the table. "Yea...I suppose I'd like to one day" she added with a shrug. It was an odd question and she had given him an odd answer, not sure where he was going with this whole conversation.

"What about you?" she asked, curious to know whether he considered himself the marrying type. She knew that Link was several years younger than her and in fact wasn't even done with school yet, so it wouldn't surprise her if he said no. She was actually more surprised that he had brought the conversation up at all, but figured that Ioan's wedding had put it into his mind as it had in hers.

"Not until now" he said close to whispering, letting his eyes drift a little. Link was nowhere to wanting to get married, but he did wanted to be with Irene, even after what happen back in that disgusting school. "I'm almost done with school, just a couple months..." he change the subject away from what he was thinking. He was not in his right mind to talk about that. Link didn't want to lead Irene on, that would be the last thing he want to do, after his situation with her in the beginning. He wonder still if he was ever worthy enough to carry the title, the title of being someone husband. Maybe, he wouldn't know. The last girl he proclaim his love to had left without telling him, now he was on the verge of insanity and sanity. Whatever taking over his mind, was like a poison he could not control. He closed his eyes and hum a soft hymn. He still had to register the fact that he was with Irene now, just the negative feeling was telling him for how long. How long will she be with him this time? Link open his eyes again and peak up at Irene.
[Sorry very short]

Irene nodded, her lips pursed as she listened unsure what he meant by his comments. She couldn't tell whether he was suggesting that he'd like to marry her sometimes after he'd finished school or if he was simply trying to change the subject. It had always been hard for her to read Link. He wasn't an open book like some people were.

When he closed his eyes, Irene curled a small piece of his hair around her fingers, thinking about weddings and husbands and families now that Link had brought the whole subject up. She was only 23, would be 24 in March, so Irene figured she had plenty of time to worry about things like that. Now was supposed the time when she had fun, wasn't it?

As Link looked back up at Irene, she gave him a small smile. "I'll be at your school in a couple of weeks, giving apparition lessons to the sixth years" she informed him. She actually had never spoken to him about her main job and could only remember telling him she worked at the dinette. "So, what do you want to do now Link?" she asked, putting her head against the back of the couch and closing her eyes.

"I don't know, maybe we could catch a film or something? Do a muggel activity for a change?" he must've been done for him to suggest that to Irene. Maybe a lot out of character but he was willing to be someone else for change if he wanted to be. It was always good to explore different perspective in life, maybe it wouldn't be such a bad idea after all. It was a way of getting to know Irene more in another approach. She probably still had that mind set that Link wasn't someone you would want to end up being with, yet he didn't blame her for thinking that way. Still there was always time needed to be someone else for a while, maybe that old side of you will end up walking away or something. Disappear completely from what you use to being, and becoming someone else your not use to being. If he thought about it more, maybe it will happen for him. But for now a movie is all he wanted to see and not just any kind of flim. He was egging on for a black and white film something that has tragic and maybe a little romance. "Know any theaters close by?" he ask Irene looking up at her, with a calm poise display on his face.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back