Oh Snap She's a Mom

Willow Holland

OOC First Name
Ana V
Wand
Shedua Wood Wand with a string of Thestral tail feather 9 1/2 inch
Willow had sent a letter to her band mates when her son had been born. It would take a few more months for her to take center stage again but at least they knew now that it wouldn't be too much longer. She knew a few Sebastian fangirls that where going to weep tears of blood that their eye candy was back on guitar but the b!tch was back in the mean time. Willow herself had her fanboys and girls surprisingly enough. She had gotten so many letters asking her to come back. Willow had done a good job keeping her pregnancy out of the tabloids. Willow had made sure that while they where basking in the glow of semi-superstardom she had made it a clause for their label for them to make sure that the band's private lives stayed private. It was a duo effort though. Willow and John may not do everything that couples do but they kept themselves out of the scandal papers all the same. There where no wild storied of them getting on in public or anything like that.

Luis was going to be the same way. Well Willow was going to make sure that he stayed a little boy and not a starlet like some of the super star children that she read about on the covers of tabloids. She wanted her son to be normal. Well as normal as a son of Willow and Johnathan Holland would ever be. They where both insane in their own right and Willow felt her Latin woman shoe ninja skills starting to bubble up. Willow was convinced that once a Hispanic woman gave birth they became skilled at something she called the Shoe-jutsu. Her own mother (though Pandora had never really given birth to her) could make a flip flop turn a corner to hit her in the back of the head. Willow was on the couch of their holding baby Luis to herself and sighing. All in all maybe Willow would make a good mom after all. There was a reason for being out here other than time with her son. She had gotten a letter from Bas saying that he was coming over. She missed yelling at him so Willow told him that he was welcome to come.

Sebastian would never tell Willow how relieved he was that she'd finally given birth. It meant that sooner rather than later, she'd be back on the stage, singing lead for Ares Moon. He wasn't sure how she did it, night after night. Bas was more content to be in the spotlight from behind his guitar, singing background vocals when necessary but mostly just playing and having fun. Singing was a lot more work for him. Not only did he have to be front and center for the entire show, but he usually couldn't have his guitar in front of him. And without his safety net, Sebastian always felt a bit lost. Now, he also had the added dilemma of Singer's nodes. He'd gone to the healers who had given him a potion to cure the nodes and restore his voice. He'd also been instructed to not speak very much and to keep his neck covered, so the young man headed to his friend's house with a thin blue scarf around his neck and not having said a word all day.

Bas knew that visiting Willow on a day where he'd been put on a vocal rest was a genuinely terrible idea, but he had never been known to follow orders. Today would be no different. He'd already told her that he would come by anyway, so it wasn't like he could cancel and not show up. Willow would never let him hear the end of it if he bailed on her. As he apparated from the healer's office in Paris to the States, Bas made sure that he had the package tucked carefully under his arm. It was a gift for Willow's baby. As he touched ground, Sebastian took in a deep breath. Man, did he love the states. Bas turned down the path and quickly made his way to her place and knocked on the door. Normally, he would have already been catcalling or making some other noise to let his presence be known, but he decided to at listen to the healer's instructions for a few more moments, knowing that he was about to ignore them after that.

Willow missed being center stage. She lived for the spotlight as well as rush one got while singing. Add to the fact that Willow took care of her voice better than she took care of her husband sometimes said something about how dedicated she was to singing. Singing for people and having everyone go nuts over it. Willow had tried her hand at songwriting and failed bad so they had a song writer so they had someone who wrote for them. She was good too and so anger filled Willow had a job trying to capture all that rage in her voice but she wasn't known as a man eater for nothing. Willow Paradox was scary when she wanted to be. This was not one of the times when she wanted to be scary. Willow heard a knock on the door and placed Luis in his living room crib (yes Willow was that lazy that they had two one in the living room and one in bedroom so she could put him in the one that was closest) and went to open the door.

Willow was surprised to find Bas there actually knowing that her friend was about as loud as she was. "You made it to our corner of the world. Get in and maybe I can nuke something for us to eat." She said with a smirk on her face. Willow was as thin as she had been before Luis had been born only it seemed like her hips had filled out more as well as her chest. At first she had been a little upset but there was no shame in being a little more boobtacular than she was before. "What's with the quiet entrance? Usually the noise come in with you." Willow asked as walked over to the freezer to see if they had frozen pizzas or something like that. Willow had a child and she still didn't know salt from sugar. Thank goodness John was more culinary skills than her if not so much as to be able actually boil water.

Bas saw the surprised look on his friend's face as she discovered that it was him at the door. An amused expression crossed his face, but still he said nothing. He stepped inside, taking a long look at his friend who was already nearly back to her original frame, aside from a slight change. It wasn't a bad change though. Shrugging his coat off since he doubted that an invitation to do so would come, Sebastian placed his coat over an armchair and followed Willow into the kitchen of her place. He glanced around the living room, his green eyes falling on a crib. Only Willow he thought as he rolled his eyes in amusement at his friend's laziness. "Me?"Bas croaked, a chuckle escaping his lips as he heard his voice. The healer had told him not to talk and warned him that his voice would sound funny to him when he did. She had certainly been right.

"You're the one who's like a hurricane when you're in a room, Willow" he teased as he turned one of her dining room chairs around and sat down, his arms resting on the back of the chair, which was now in front of him. He nodded his head towards the freezer, urging her to continue her exploration to see if she had food. Bas was starving as always.

Willow laughed as she searched though her freezer. There where fish sticks but she really didn't feel like having them. "This is why you and me make an awesome team. The party follows us instead of the other way around." She said. She had heard his voice and rolled her eyes. 'Sounds like you've been frogged my friend. You been working that demon's roar a little too hard?" She asked. If there was anything that Willow was skilled at when it came to the kitchen it was making teas. She pointed her wand over her shoulder so a kettle filled itself with water and put itself on the stove. Finally she found what she had been looking for. "Merlin praise muggles and their ingenuity. It's because of them that I will never have to cook for myself." She said with a wink. Willow took the plastic off an extra large pizza and tapped her wand to the frozen pre-cooked pizza. Instantly it was hot and ready to eat and the way it looked in the box. It was Willow's own twist on microwavable food and with her wand there wasn't the risk that the food would turn all floppy like with a muggle microwave.

"A few more months and I will be back center stage again. I know Kari will have a tour lined up for use for when I come back to Ares Moon. Have you looked over the song "Drums of War?" She asked. Willow had gotten another owl with the lyrics and they made her smile. There was spot near the middle that she knew she was going to have to bring some heat to but she was more than happy to do so. Willow made plates follow as she served the pizza, making a wheel cut it into large slices. As Willow took a seat Luis started to cry and Willow rolled her eyes kindly. "I will be happy when you can just ask for food instead of cry for it." She said shaking her head. Willow walked over to the crib and picked up her son. She made a bottle float to her as she brought him to the kitchen as well as a cup of the herbal tea that she planned on giving Sebastian. "And this is why I was out in the first place. Luis Holland a bug in the making." She said laughing. Willow sat down started to bottle feed Luis while talking. She could already see the mischievous glitter in her son's eyes.

Sebastian shrugged his shoulders rather than speak his answer. That's what the healer had said though. She'd said that Bas wasn't always using proper technique when he sang, which was why he was now forced to be mute. Bas's eyes lit up when he saw her pull out a frozen pizza. He loved pizza and figured that if it was frozen, surely Willow couldn't screw it up and burn it. He was right. Willow had obviously developed an affinity for the charm she was using. "Neat trick...didn't know you were such a great cook, Will" he croaked, staring at the pizza and how delicious it looked. His gaze only tore away from the food when Willow began to speak about the band. Sebastian shifted slightly in the seat and then nodded his head. "Mmmhmm" he murmured. He was glad to hear that Willow would be back soon and that she was still being kept in the loop regarding new songs. It would save the band a lot of time when they got back to rehearsing. Sebastian opened his mouth to say something when he heard crying coming from the living room.

As Willow left the room, Sebastian helped himself to a slice of pizza and took a huge bite. His mouth was full of cheese and sauce when Willow returned with the baby in tow. The little baby was cute, and Sebastian could see that Willow appeared to be enjoying motherhood. "Willomina...I never thought I'd see the day" he teased after he'd taken a sip of the herbal tea that she had prepared for him. Bas wasn't much of a tea drinker and he made a face after another sip. "Got any honey?" he asked, prepared to drown his tea in the sweetness of the honey.

Funny thing was she was. Willow, once upon a time, had been so scared of messing up a kid's life with her own brand of crazy that she had sworn to herself she would never have them. Life with John though taught her that she wasn't as messed up as she thought or well she didn't have to let how crazy she was dictate how she was going to live her life. If she was right they had a long life time of trying to keep up with a hyper little boy. She was even considering teaching him how to skate board, something that she learned at the age of fire given to the fact that Pandora brought her up mostly muggle. Willow still couldn't understand how. Willow would be half frazzled right now if it where not for magic. She made the honey Sebastian asked for nudged him on the side of the head the moment he asked for it. Luis coughed out his bottle and smiled up at her. Willow had seen this smile on him since the day he was born but knew that it would take a little longer for him to start laughing. Willow heard her whole name and glared at him. "You do know I wore a Ma'ma Lion shirt for most of my pregnancy right?" She said with a raised eyebrow. This had been true. She had loved that shirt when she saw it and it had fit through out the whole thing so she had fallen in love with it. It had a baby lion on the front saying 'cute isn't it?' then on the back it had a growing female lion saying 'Now back off'

"I don't cook I only reheat. Most house hold spells are lost on me. Something else I think comes with motherhood though. What's been up with you though? She said as she continued to feed Luis. "I mean I know you've been singing because your croaking. Drink it should help." She said smiling. She wasn't unWillowish enough that she had stopped teasing she was just a bit more goodnatured about it. That and she could still kick his ass if he ticked her off to that point she doubted that he would though. He wasn't in any condition to scream for mercy. Willow finished with with the feeding burping but she still wanted him with her. Willow had heard that keeping a child in arms at all times got them accustomed to it but she didn't care. She wanted to be sure that he would still be there when she opened her eyes. Luis and John coming into her life was like some daytime TV special that Willow always scoffed at because she had believed that no one could be that happy. Go figure that it was happening to her.

Sebastian reached for the honey after it had nudged his head once or twice. He opened it and squirted a large amount into his tea. After he'd stirred it once or twice, he took a sip. He still wasn't a fan of tea, but he knew he would be able to manage the drink. He had been listening to Willow all the while and a smirk crossed his face. Although in some ways it seemed that Willow had changed a great deal, in many other ways she was still the Willow he knew and loved. They'd known each other for so many years and she was certainly the sister he had never wanted. She was a pain in the ass but he knew that she did it out of love. That was what mattered most. Bas didn't have many people he could count on, but Willow was definitely one such person.

Nodding his head when she mentioned that he had been singing, Sebastian took another sip of the tea. When he spoke, his voice sounded slightly less hoarse. It was still pretty bad though. He thought about the question for a moment, wondering how he should answer. Whenever he was around Willow, his instinct was to reply with sarcasm, not because he didn't ever talk about serious topics with her, because he did, but more because it was habit for him. "I went through a really bad bout of writer's block for a while." he told her without mentioning that it was pretty much still gone. "And I spoke to Kari and...I'm not going to be going out on the next tour with you guys. We both think it would be a good idea for me to take a break and let you have your comeback tour...and then I'll join with you guys again after that." Bas didn't know how Willow would react to the news. He knew that he needed the break. Somewhere between all of the touring, Sebastian seemed to have lost an important part of himself and he needed the break to find it again. That is if Willow didn't knock it back into him. Smirking, Sebastian spoke, "What I wouldn't give for a camera right now..." He trailed off, finding the scene in front of him equal parts sweet and amusing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back