Oh no!

Amanda Finnigan

Amanda walked around the bathroom, pacing back and forth with the pregnancy test in her hand. On Friday she had slept over at Austins house, but it turned into a weekend sleepover, but they showed their love for each other, which was fine with her. Ever since Sunday she had been feeling like cr@p. She looked down at the stick, a positive sign. Amanda could feel a few tears on her face; could she really be pregnant? At 17? What would her family think? The brunette walked out of the bathroom, dried her eyes and apparated to Austins house, she needed to tell him. She took a deep sigh and knocked on the door.

Austin was in the kitchen, getting Sydney her lunch and being a tad tired. After all he hadn't really gotten much sleep. On top of that, he had spent the majority of his day shopping around. Sure, he loved his sister, but one thing he hated beyond compare was shopping. He had gone to countless clothing stores, a couple of shoe stores, and then a jewelers. The only place that he had cared about was the jewelers, and for good reason to. Even if it took most of his savings, he did buy something very special. Then he heard the door and blinked, walking over and opening it. "Oh.. Hey love."

Amanda felt more tears on her eyes, the brunette wasn't too good at hiding her feelings. " Hey Austin." She gave him a small smile, which was the best smile that she could give. Amanda took a deep breath, " We need to talk love." She looked straight at him.

Austin saw the tears on her face and went wide eyed, taking her into his arms and giving her a tight hug. "What's the matter?" Were they breaking up? Did someone die? All of the possibilities raced through his head and he couldn't help but worry more and more. Even more, she said that they needed to talk. Adding love to the end of it was a tad strange, but they still needed to talk.

Amanda felt his embrace and wiped the few tears that were on her eyes. It was better that they talked outside anyway, she didn't want his family hearing anything just yet. " Remember what we did when I slept over?" She questioned him, hoping he would understand. The brunette sighed and looked at the ground. " I think that I'm pregnant." Her lips quivered as she told him.

Austin couldn't have heard that correctly. 'Pregnant?' He thought to himself, thinking back on that night and realizing that it was somewhat of a possibility. He couldn't raise a kid, he was barely an adult. Yet he didn't want to further upset Amanda. After all, the stigma of a teen parent wouldn't be with him to strangers. As far as anyone could tell, he wasn't a future-parent. It would be Amanda's stomach giving away that truth. He couldn't let her go through that. The man sighed and held her close, kissing her forehead and giving a surefire smile. "Well, this is unexpected, but... I'm happy."

Amanda was confused, and felt very weird about this whole situation. She was scared, of course she should be.. She had never mothered a child. But what would her family say? The youngest anyone got pregnant in their family was 20. Amanda held Austin close, she didnt want to let go of him. " I'm happy and shocked." She wiped the tears that were formed at the rims of her eyes.

"Then we're in agreement love." Austin tried to give his usual chuckle, but his nervousness was absolutely clear. He wasn't ready to be a parent and to say he was would be a horrible lie. He just pet her head and held her close to him, just trying to relax her and keep her from crying even more. "This is just a very interesting adventure, okay?"

Amanda sighed, she'd never really picture herself to be the early mother type. She hadn't thought about kids at all, that was something that she wanted to deal with later on in life. But when life hands you lemons you have to make lemonade. " ThIs is sure going to be one interesting adventure." She gave a slight laugh.

"It'll be fun." Austin grinned more and led her inside, "I gotta do something okay? Head up to my room." He had realized that this probably was a sign that he was supposed to be with Amanda, so now he was sure in his decision to pop the question. He just had to have her away so he could get the ring out.

Amanda nodded, it would be pretty fun. Both of them raising a child, with her let go attitude and Austin's joking around this child would have the best parents in the world. " No worries, see you soon." She laughed while walking up to his room.

Austin raced into the kitchen and into the knife drawer, carefully taking out the small velveteen box that came along with a question that would change his life forever. He sighed and put it in his pocket, racing back up to his room and then shutting the door behind him. "Hey... Amanda can I ask you something? If you don't mind?"

Amanda rushed up the stairs into his room. She quietly sat on his bed, not wanting to call out to him because she didn't really know who was home of whatever. Her face lightened up as soon as she saw him come through the door. The brunette nodded, of course he could ask her a question. " Of course you can love." She smiled.

"Alright well..." Austin trailed off, not sure how to put this nor how to actually put this into action. He just fumbled with his pocket and then got on one knee, taking her hand. "I-I know this isn't very romantic and I assure you this isn't how I planned any of this, but.." He sighed and opened the box, showing off the brilliance of a diamond ring. "Would you do me the honor of being my wife?"

Amanda didn't really know what Austin was up to until she saw that he got down on one knee. She didn't expect that, but even more tears flew from her eyes. " It doesn't have to be romantic at all, it just has to be from the heart." Amanda smiled at him. " Of course I'll marry you, I love you." Amanda nodded, extremely happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back