Oh, Hi!

Veronica White

OOC First Name
Hamza
Wand
Yew Wand 14" Essence of Fairy Dust
Pulling her handbag up her shoulder and said goodbye to her teammates. Walking out of the big pitch in Bulgaria where the Vrasta Vultures practiced Qudditch Veronica met one of the security guards who was in charge of their security. Explaining him in Bulgarian that she was going to New Zealand in two hours and that was nothing to worry about she took her leave. Ugh, she thought in her head wondering if her thigh muscle usually pained or was it just today that the captain had made them practice like puppets because of their last fiasco in Australia. Her stomach grumbled reminding her that she hadn't eaten all day except some light breakfast in the morning and it was desperately in need of some food. She pulled out her watch from her bag and it showed half past nine. They had practiced for the last four hours and before that Veronica had been busy in New Zealand convincing the owners of Makutu Mall to sell the Vibez store to her, in short it had been a very hectic day. She could use some massage and an hot bath but all that was in New Zealand and she was not feeling like going back to her home and cooking herself dinner.

Therefore she apparated to one of her favorite restaurants that was located in the most popular wizarding village in Bulgaria where Veronica usually came as a student to spend her village trips. Smiling to herself at the sight of the cozy restaurant she stepped in to see the familiar faces of the waiters and the manager, some greeted her in Bulgarian and congratulated her on making into Vrasta Vultures as a seeker. Yes, she had almost forgotten that now she was a small celebrity and in her home country she was definitely going to be spotted in a crowd. Greeting them back she took a seat at one of the corner tables which was her normal spot in this place. Oh, how she missed Bulgaria.

She couldn't actually figure out why she had decided to go to New Zealand in the first place. Maybe it was because of some of the sad happenings that this country had given her. Two breakups and one heartbreak, she remembered it all as if it was just yesterday when she had come into this restaurant with Zack Kuang and later with Joshua Chase whom she had been dating back at school and it had all ended up badly. She was glad that she was still very good friends with Zac and Sally Kuang and Kenneth but all other schoolmates had somehow lost touch, it was sad. She asked for a menu as all these thoughts continued in her mind.

The commotion built up at Drake's house in New Zealand was rather disturbing for Drake.
The fact that Drake finally stood up to his father after being tossed around like garbage
bag, he finally stood up on his feet, and told his father off. Drake's father, a very powerful
wizard indeed, but the blood of Drake Parker was no longer full of fear. Drake had finally
came out of his shell and stood up for what is right. That being said, Drake's father did
not tolerate this and he picked up his wand and fired a spell against him own son. Drake
managed to break free of the spell with no damage, and with him bring very quick on his
feet, Drake did not even need to use his wand to take down his father. Clinching his
right fist, he vigorously landed it in his father's stomach, forcing him into submission and
seeing the wand fall out of his hands. Starring into the eyes of Drake, blood shoot, full
of anger, he told his father one last time that if he were to ever try to hurt him, or any of
his family members again, he would force his own father to leave the family. Drake could
not see his little brother Aaron get abused all the time. Isabella and Dean were already
old enough to take care of themselves, so Drake was not worried about them. The only
thing that worried him was the abuse the his father bestowed upon his younger brother
and sisters, as well as his mother and few other family members. With that bring said,
Drake rushed out of his father's room. Heading towards his room, he grabbed his required
items to carry with him, telling his mother he will be back soon enough, he apparated
himself to Bulgaria, hoping that his father learned his lesson once and for all.

Having successfully apparated to Bulgaria, near Durmstrang, he looked at his watch only
to notice that he had arrived a bit too early. That being said, Drake looked to his right,
them to his left, noticing not a lot of people were walking around the streets at this
time of hour. This surprised Drake because usually, this would be the time when some of
the older Durmstrang students would come out and have some fun. Slowly, but surely,
Drake's anger was cooling down. Looking to his left, he noticed one of his favorite
restaurants was open right now. Drake was not really surprised that it was open at this
time of hour due to the fact that the manager had a habit of not keeping up with his
daily work and keeping the store open much late in order to get his tasks completed.
With ever step Drake took, the anger flushed through his feet towards the ground, and
slowly feeling better and light headed. Opening the door to the restaurant, Drake was
greeted by the waitress, who seemed familiar to him because the last time Drake came
to this place, she was trying to hit on him. Drake gave a friendly smile asking to be
seated when he noticed a familiar face. This familiar face was already the girl that was
dating Joshua a while back. Walking towards the girl, he had remembered her named
as Veronica. Reaching to the point of comfortable level of confrontation, with a warm
smile, Drake greeted, "Do you mind if I join you?" If it was one thing that Drake
always had in front of all of his friend was that he always kept a cool mind under any
sort of circumstance. "Long time no see." Said Drake with a smile.

Watching an old couple from where she sat, Veronica admired the love that was reflecting in their eyes for each other. They looked like they were in there old sixties and once again she was taken into one of her day dreams where she wished she too would one day be old like this and have someone care and love her. Being a very emotional sort of a person Veronica always wished to have a big family with many relatives who cared for one another but all she got was a father who was dead and a psycho b!tch for a mother however she was not going to lose hope on her dream of having her own big family. Like always her dream was interrupted by the waiter who brought her the menu and stood there waiting for her to order.

Just at that time she heard a male voice ask her something, the voice was somehow familiar but she couldn't quite recall who it belonged to. Looking up, she saw the familiar face of Drake who had been her classmate back in Durmstrang. Her lips broke into a smile and she said "I don't mind at all. In fact I would be quite glad to have some company" She asked the waiter to wait in Bulgarian before she grinned at him and said "Long indeed". It had been about two months since their graduation and she had not even met Sally and Zac let alone any other friends of her.

"I've partly moved from Bulgaria" she told Drake wondering how she was to elaborate her two jobs requiring her presence in two different countries thousands of kilometers apart and that it was only magic that she was travelling this distance everyday. "I got an apartment in New Zealand" she explained to him. Tucking a strand of her platinum blonde hair behind her ear she thought in her head about how glad she was to see someone familiar after what seemed like ages. "What about you? How have you been?" she asked Drake. She couldn't believe that at one time just a few months back she had thought of the guy sitting infront of her as a victim, whose heart she intended to break along with the many others. Only Merlin knew what had made her cross him out of her list.

Drake needed a break to take his mind off from the events that are happening in his
home right now. Luckily, there isn't much going on right now at Durmstrang, otherwise,
this would have been double the load to handle, which Drake might or might not have
been able to handle. Veronica seemed like some good company right now to take his
mind off of. To think that Drake once thought he was going to date Veronica at the
time when she was still in school. He wouldn't have minded dating her, after all, she
was pretty good looking, and very talented too, which is rare to see in a lot of the
girls at Durmstrang. Most of them usually just ran behind Drake begging him to date
them, but as usual, Drake would say no, and all of the drama would start, and what
not. Taking a seat across from Veronica, it was good to hear her say that she wanted
some company to join her. It made Drake feel more welcomed to Veronica. "Thanks,
I need to take a breather anyways. A bit frustrated and tired too."
Said Drake
sitting down next to Veronica. Sitting down, Drake too a few deep breaths, letting all
of the stress go that were flowing through his mind right now. Still feeling a bit light
headed, Drake took off his sweater, revealing a small tight t-shirt underneath.

Looking back at Veronica, he heard her say that she had moved from Bulgaria to an
apartment at New Zealand. This was actually quite interesting to Drake because Veronica
had moved much closer to where he is living right now. Although family matters are a
tad bit out of hand, Drake can still manage his social life without a problem. Drake had to
spend another year at Durmstrang to help out some professor's and he had one more
class he wanted to take so that he could get the job he was aiming for. "Moved to
New Zealand huh? That's quite interesting. I live there as well."
Drake took a small
pause, looking at the waiter and asking her to come over to the table to take an order.
Drake looked at Veronica, and politely asked, "Would you like something to eat?
Everything is on me tonight, my treat."
Drake smiled. "I'll have a glass of water
for the time being please."
Said Drake giving his order to the waitress. Listening to
Veronica asking him how things are going with him and how he has been, it made Drake
think about what to tell her. There really wasn't much of importance in particular that Drake
could tell Veronica right now, though he could tell her about his family problems, but he
wasn't going to be that open just yet. "Well, where do I start. I still have to spend
some more time at Durmstrang because I have to take one more class with my
own choice, and then there are a few professor's I am helping right now with a few
matter."
Said Drake with a small sigh. "What about you?" Asked Drake with a smile.

Veronica smiled in an understanding manner as Drake said he was a bit frustrated and tired. Veronica had recently read a book about how life can take turns and become complicated as a student finishes school and moves into the real world where he/she is required to work and take care of everything on his own. It was by a muggle author but what it explained was no different then what all the wizarding graduates faced in their first year when they found jobs and carriers. "I can understand, life can be pretty unfair at times" she said as flashes of all the times life had been unfair to her flashed in her mind. However Veronica was past that and she was doing two jobs because she wanted to be totally independent as soon as possible. She was no longer the blonde who was confused about her carrier decision or upset over break ups, someone had told her that if she was going to be successful and have a straight head everything would fall in place and that was precisely what she was trying to do these days.

Veronica couldn't help noticing the muscular figure that Drake had when he took of his sweater and the way his t-shirt clung to him showing off who knew how many abs. Quickly removing her eyes from his abs she looked up at his face and went to being decent again hoping he hadn't noticed. Her lips broke into a smile as he mentioned that he lived in New Zealand. "Well, that's a lucky coincidence. I was under the impression that I was the only freak who had come there from Bulgaria. A little crazy when I had to see a stranger's face in every other person" she said with a chuckle. As Drake called the waiter Veronica raised an eyebrow wondering why he was treating her?. "Lemonade please" she said in Bulgarian. For some reason she never spoke English to the natives here and also to those whom she knew had grown up here, like children from her home village. "Why are you treating me? What's the occasion?" she asked curiously. Even though Drake and her had been classmates for a long time and chatted in common room, they weren't buddies or anything.

She was almost surprised as Drake said he was doing an extra year at Durmstrang. She hadn't known of anyone before do that and she felt some jealously because Durmstrang was very close to her heart and she would have practically lived there but teaching wasn't her calling. "Wow, that's interesting.What are you intending to do after school?"she asked him wondering what carrier had Drake thought about that needed an extra class. "I'm trying to get the ownership of one of the fashion stores in New Zealand, in Makutu Mall" she told him hoping he wouldn't find it lame that she was interested in fashion industry. Her mother thought that was awful and she was wasting all her education on something stupid. "A month back I also got in the Vrasta Vultures, to play as their new seeker" she said proud of that little success. "I've always wanted to play for Bulgaria" she explained.

Veronica sure was right, life was pretty unfair at times, especially with Drake
and how his life is right now, or has been for that matter. At times, Drake
would wish that he was dead, but other times, the more 'happy' thoughts
would help him keep his soul inside of him, instead of committing suicide or
something of that nature. Not to mention the special gift that Drake has,
as being a part-veela, that also kept him from destroying himself. There was
a lot Drake had that he did not really wish for, and what he did wish for, he
did not really have. It was as if his life was inside out. The way he wanted
things in his life, they would not turn out to be the way Drake would plan
them, and things would take an unexpected twist. Though, the 'unexpected'
twists have brought Drake some good luck at times, especially with girls. By
looking at how even the current situation is, meeting Veronica here was
defiantly not what Drake had in mind, although he was now glad that he did
meet her again. A girl of her nature comes around only a few times in a life
time, so Drake was glad to even have known a girl like Veronica in his life time.
"Oh yes, life is pretty fair, especially with me." Said Drake as he took
a full deep breath, and them exhaled slowly to take out his frustration one by one.

As Drake was taking off his sweater and getting more comfortable, he couldn't
help but notice that Veronica was staring at him. He was not really surprised
as to why Veronica was behaving this way. After all, this young individual was
a veela, though there were some other attractive things that made certain
people come more closer to him, instead of him using his Veela charm. Such
example can be taken as his attitude and his kind character. Drake is an all
round nice guy, never really gets angry, and always stays cool minded. This
is why a lot of the girls would get trapped so easily in his spell because he
mixed his 'out of veela' stuff with his actual veela charm and make a perfect
match, a match that is almost too irresistible. Drake gave a small smirk and
then finishing it off with a small smile which looking back at Veronica quickly
and then going back to his more comfortable position. Drake was surprised
at first when he heard her say that she had moved to New Zealand, but now,
he was starting to get more good and more interesting thoughts in his mind.

He was thinking now that Veronica had moved closer to him, the two can see
each other more often and perhaps hang out more often than they did in
school. Drake started to chuckle a little bit and gave a smirk and a small
smile to Veronica when she asked as to what the occasion was for him to
treat her today. The treat was actually a special one at that. Drake debated
as to what he should do, either tell her, or let her sit in suspense and enjoy
the moments. "If you must know, we have not really hung out much
often in school, and now that we have both gotten a chance to see
each other after quite some time, I thought it would be best for us two
to have a good time and just enjoy, and the occasion would be on me,
fully."
Said Drake trying to explain to Veronica. It was true, he had
not really seem her, nor really talked to her when they both went to school
together, but now that she had graduated, and Drake almost graduating,
they can start seeing each other more often, get to know each other.

The next question really got Drake thinking because he had strict orders
from his father to not reveal his profession identity to anyone, and these
were pretty strict orders and he was to follow. Even though he had just
gotten into a major fight with his father, Drake still had the authority type
respect for his father. He knew that Veronica was pretty surprised that he
was spending another year or so at Durmstrang and she had never really
heard of anyone being able to do this, but Drake had special permission to
be able to do this. "I wish I could tell you Veronica, but at this time,
I am unable to inform you of my goal. These are strict orders from my
father, but in due time, you will find out from me, don't worry."
Said
Drake trying to explain to Veronica, without getting her upset or getting
her suspicious of sort feelings. "Congratulations on making the team
Veronica. Great success and best of luck. I plan on joining a professional
quidditch team soon in the future as well, maybe we both will play on
the same team as well."
Said Drake with a smile. He had plans of
playing professional quidditch, but he wasn't 100% sure if he would do it.
<i>
</i>

Veronica watched as Drake seemed to be more relaxed now and how he took deep breaths, probably to drive away whatever had been irritating him before he walked in here. Most guys she knew wouldn't be capable of that especially those who were teenagers because somehow anger was common in the genes of young men and most of them were not able to control or mask it the way Drake was doing at the moment. Veronica herself, being a girl was easily angered and even though her short height and lack of physical strength made it impossible for her to fight someone she did very well with a wand to teach those a lesson who tried to mess with her.

She grinned as she heard him explain her the occasion which he said was for them to meet after some time. It was true, it was something to be celebrated especially since she hardly saw any of her old friends these days, sometimes it really got depressing but this evening was going to help her to keep going for another two weeks until she had some luck to meet someone familiar again. "That seems like a decent reason" she said smirking at him as she now thought about it. Drake and her had both moved to New Zealand and they could be seeing each other much more often than she thought and at the moment it seemed like a good thing. To have someone familiar in New Zealand who was not only an overall nice guy but very good looking was a bonus she was not expecting. "I'll be treating you the next time we meet" she told him happily. Yes, of course she wanted them to meet again soon because having grown up in a gypsy-ish neighbor hood where star signs, Astronomy and Divination were given much importance she was bound to believe in fate which had made them meet here in Bulgaria.

The waiter soon came with their drinks and placed them on the table. Veronica took a sip of her chilled lemonade which was of the same taste which she had been drinking here for the past seven years. She looked up to Drake's face as he explained about how he could not tell her about his goals. She met his eyes and as she had expected they were truthful looking. She nodded with a smile and said "No problem. I'm sure it must be something important that you have to keep it a secret. I won't ask you more." She loved surprises and mysteries in all things and Drake's goal being a secret was something exciting as well. She wondered if he was training or learning about joining the Department of Mysteries or maybe training to be an Auror. All of a sudden his carrier, whatever it was, seemed more interesting and exciting then hers.

She grinned as he congratulated her for making it into the team and wished her success. As he spoke of his plans on joining International Qudditch team too she was taken by surprise. She had not known that he enjoyed Qudditch, she wondered how much more there was that she didn't know about him. "That shall be pretty exciting, to have you on the team. What position do you like to play?"she asked him curious wanting to know more about Drake. "I never knew you played Qudditch" she commented taking another sip of her lemonade. Veronica had played Seeker for the Durmstrang Qudditch team for five years but she hadn't seen him play, maybe it was just because she had never noticed him before.

While Drake was trying to get more comfortable, he showed warm smiles to Veronica.
It was as if he had never felt this way before with any girl. Even back at Durmstrang,
he would not spend more than a few minutes with any girl, because all they really
wanted to do was just date him, and maybe even more, so Drake kept himself pretty
protected, so why was he wanting to spend time all of a sudden with Veronica? She
was pretty good looking no doubt, but even Drake could not understand why he was
wanting to spend time with her all of a sudden. Hearing her say that she would give
him a treat next time made Drake grow a smirk on his face. There were plenty of
treats that girls gave Drake without him even asking, so what kind of treat was this
going to be for Drake from Veronica, he wondered. "Treat you say? We'll be
sure to meet next time then."
Said Drake with a small laugh. He was really starting
to enjoy himself. Slowly, but surely getting into the good mood, he was starting to
forget about the current problems he was having, and focus his time and energy with
Veronica, or whatever little time he had left to spare before he had to go back to the
campus anyways. Drake wished that he didn't have to go back to the campus, but
duty called him and he could not deny helping some of the students on the campus.

Soon after, the waiter came back with their drinks. Drake started to drink some of
his water and continued to listen to Veronica as she responded to him denying to
reveal anything to her about his 'special' career that he had in mind. Not only was
a special career in mind, but Drake also had a few school responsibilities that he could
not let go of so easily. There were a few students that needed his help all the time,
so he had to be there for them, not to mention he got paid to help out, so in the end,
it worked out pretty well for him. "Don't worry Veronica, you'll find out soon
enough."
Said Drake taking a sip of his cold water. It kind of surprised Drake as
to how quickly she had taken interest in his career. She obviously was a curious
individual, which impressed Drake for some reason. Usually, if people were being too
nosy into his business, he would just leave them, but somehow, it felt right for him
to keep it in suspense for Veronica and give her a big surprise when the time was
right. Drake loved to give surprises to girls, so giving one to Veronica would be good.

Many people thought that Drake did not play Quidditch, but he actually did. Due to
his father putting so many restriction on him, he rarely had any time to exercise his
skills in Quidditch, but he did have some fun once in a while with his brothers, to
keep his skills sharpened. "Yes, I do play Quidditch and I play Chaser." Said
Drake with a smile. "We should play sometime, it would rather be interesting."
Said Drake as he finished his water. Indeed it would be interesting to see how Drake
and Veronica both contested against each other in Quidditch. Drake looked forward
to that, although he would have a soft spot for her, which to him would be an unfair
advantage. Not long after, he called to waiter to order some good. "What would
you like to order Veronica?"
Asked Drake with a smile. It had been a while since
he last had gone on a so called 'date' and this pretty much looked like a date, yet
not 'official' of course. "So tell me Veronica, what are your future plans? Aside
from Quidditch of course."
Asked Drake. Drake was now starting to get into Veronica.

She wondered as she sat with him there, how her friends would have reacted if they had been back at school and she had told them that she had dined with Drake Parker.Although Veronica and Darke had not been friends, Veronica had been aware of him being a constant topic of discussion for some girls and she very well remembered how it was rumored that he had veela blood in him. She grinned to herself at that thought, lost momentarily about how the situation would have been if they were still at school before she was brought back to the present by Drake's small laugh. "Yes" she said with a smile as he said that they would be sure to meet next time as she was treating him. He was pretty good looking and his manners just seemed to add to his charm and it made her ask him "Are you related to veelas?" As soon as it came out Veronica wished she could not have mentioned it. Some people were usually irritated because of Veronica's nature of curiosity and she could only hope that Drake would not be offended by her question or irritated by her. "I'm sorry. I was curious, I had heard about some rumors of it around the school" she said apologizing as she looked down at her hands, her cheeks flushed in embarrassment.She looked up slowly to meet his eyes hoping he wasn't too mad at her.

She remained silent for a moment and sipped her lemonade for something to do. Feeling very stupid because of her crazy habit of nosing around and asking questions without giving it a thought before she spoke had many times ended up badly for her. She listened to him as he said he played chaser. His smile brought some courage back into her and she nodded as he said that they should play together. Veronica usually played with her teammates back at school or the Internation players because as she had no siblings or friends that were interested in some friendly Qudditch fun she hardly played the game that way. Playing friendly Qudditch with Drake seemed like a good idea.

As Drake summoned the waiter once again and asked her what she would like to order with a smile, she was reminded of her previous dates at this place. "Chicken and chips please"she told the waiter as she reminded herself that this was not a date. They had met here accidentally and he was treating her which by no means meant he was interested in her. She also reminded herself that he would probably be seeing someone or was engaged because good looks like that was bound to attract girls like bees were attracted to honeycomb. Taking a deep breath as she cleared her mind and took another sip of her lemonade she promised that she was going to behave. "Well, I haven't really thought much about it. I'm going to focus on getting into the fashion industry and stuff so I can be totally independent" she told him. "My mother's not someone I like to be with and she has these bunch of adoptive kids, I want to buy them a big place where they can live on their own away from her" she added explaining him. To truly explain someone, the nature of her mother Dympna Bella-Donna was impossible because she hardly understood it herself but once she was on her feet she was planning to help all the children get out of the manor.

"My love life seems to be cursed, so I don't see myself being married or let alone dating someone" she said with a small laugh. It was ironically true that with all the work and the dream of helping the children she didn't have much time to think about a prince charming who didn't exist. Not only that but she could hardly see anyone wanting to date someone who had gotten pregnant at seventeen and had aborted the baby or someone who drank alcohol to avoid the constant loneliness that filled their life, in this case it was her's.

There was one thing that was constantly on Drake's mind about Veronica and it was that she
had this very curiosity look on her face constantly, as she looked at him, she looked at him in
a very curious way. This interested Drake and made him wonder if she knew he was a Veela
or not. Not many girl's around the school knew that Drake was a Veela. Only the very few
girls that Drake could trust knew that he was a Veela would he let his secret out. Soon enough,
that curiosity turned into a question that Veronica asked. This confirmed to him that she did
not for sure know that he was a Veela. Drake stared to think about if he could trust her or
not with this big secret. He didn't know Veronica too well, so he took a few moments, while
sipping on his water to think about what his response should be. It was pretty interesting to
Drake as to how Veronica is getting so deeply involved with Drake. She was wanting to get
to know him more and more, which didn't surprise Drake one bit. After a few moments, Drake
looked back at Veronica and said, "What does your heart tell you?" Drake wanted to
make things a bit more interesting with Veronica. He was going to tell her the secret eventually,
but he wanted her to find out in a different way. Smiling at Veronica, he gazed deep into her
eyes, and started to see that there were some bad experiences for Veronica in her past. That
really did not bother Drake, but it did interest him as to what had happened with her in her past.

When he heard Veronica give her order as 'Chicken and chips', Drake instantly looked up at
Veronica. He was surprised as to how she had taken the order out of his mind. That was
exactly what he was going to be ordering himself. He gave a small smile, looked at the waiter
and said, "I'll have the same please, just a little more spicy." Drake liked his food to be
a little more spicy than the usual. He looked back at Veronica, and he didn't know as to why
he kept looking at her. Veronica was constantly making things more interesting for Drake, and
kept making Drake look at her. "Veronica, surprisingly enough, that's exactly what I order
as well whenever I come here."
Said Drake taking a sip of his water. This did make things
more interesting for Drake as to how many more things did Drake and Veronica have in common.
He listened to Veronica tell him about what her future plans were. It made Drake more interested
in her because she was going into the fashion industry. Drake didn't know a lot of people that
were going into that industry, so it would be interesting to see how Veronica would do there.
Listening to Veronica say that she was not fond of her mother, and that she wanted to live
away from her, and get her adoptive siblings away from her as well reminded him of how his
family is. He wanted to stay away from his father, and get his family members out of his
father's control as well, which he would try his best to do when the time was right. "You
and me both. In my situation, it is my father."
Said Drake before he noticed that the waiter
came to him with another glass of water since his current glass had gone empty.

Taking a sip of his water once again, he listened to Veronica say that he love life seemed to
have been cursed. This really made things interesting for Drake as to why she thought that.
He wanted to know more about why she was saying this because this was the first time he
had heard anyone say something like this about their romance times. "Why do you say
that Veronica?"
Said Drake with a curious face. Drake's romance life wasn't all that bad,
although he usually kept things to himself, and didn't bother dating with girls since he knew
he could get any girl he wanted, after all, he was a Veela. "Well, I've been single for
quite some time. I actually don't remember the last time I dated a girl."
Said Drake
taking a sip of his water. He knew that this was going to surprise Veronica a lot, since she
had already asked him if he had Veela blood in him or not. Drake could easily get girls, but
he wanted to keep himself and his virginity secure for that one girl. He had never taken
anything serious with a few girls he had dated in the past, nothing going past a few kisses
stage. He knew his limits and knew how to very well keep them there. That is why he
would not go and date just about any girl. There was more to Veronica that met the eye,
so he was interested in knowing more about her seeing as she seemed like a really nice person.
<i>
</i>

OOCOut of Character:
My friends here in Dar order that all the time. I'm a vegetarian so I just make my characters order stuff that my friends' order here ;)

Veronica was still not over her stupid curiosity of having asked him if he was veela straight on his face. As he did not answer straight away she was sure she had hurt him and cursed herself in her head. As he asked her what her heart told her she gulped and looked up into his eyes to find them gazing into hers. "Well...my heart isn't very sure. I mean you've got a very pretty face and skin...but many models and actors have that and not all of them are veelas" she said and then as her mind processed what she had just said her cheeks reddened more. Whether he was a veela or not, many people knew how to control themselves infront of veelas however she did not fit into that category. If he was going to ask her questions about what her heart was saying or gazed into her eyes that way she was going to give away more than she'd like and end up embarrassing herself. Get a grip, she told herself and she took another small sip of her lemonade.

She looked up at Drake and then at the waiter as he too ordered chicken and chips. She smiled as he told her that he ordered that when he came here and Veronica couldn't help but think about what more things they had in common. Somehow the both of them had moved to New Zealand, enjoyed Qudditch and liked chicken and chips and she hoped that was only the beginning of the things they liked in common. "Its good to eat with someone who has the same taste as you" she told him with a smile. She sighed, a small sigh as he said that for him too his family situation was same with his father. She wondered if being orphan was better than to have parents because in that section too her life was all messed up. She envied her best friends, Zac and Sally Kuang who had the perfect family she would die to have.

She looked up at him as he asked her curiously why she spoke of her love life as cursed. She wondered how she was to tell him of her two break ups because she had just got to know him and she wondered how he would act after hearing what she had been through. Some showed sympathy to her while others, disgust and she liked neither of them. She just wanted that whole chapter to be erased from her memory. As Drake said he was single from sometime she couldn't believe it. At first she thought that he was lying but his eyes spoke differently. Maybe he was speaking the truth which was simply hard to believe. "That's surprising. I didn't think someone like yourself could be single" she said with a smile. She decided she would tell him, a little about why she thought of her love life as a curse. "I've had two nasty break ups. It sort of made me stop believing in love" she told him, her voice lower than usual. "I now realize that I had been living in a fairytale which had been set up by my ex-boyfriend and he was just dating me for a change, to have me as a trophy for a while before he ditched me"she told him and finished the rest of her lemonade in one gulp. She didn't know if she could tell him about it in detail, no she couldn't, not yet.She hadn't even told her best friend about it. The only person who ever knew about her abortion was Joshua Chase, her ex and Larissa Sedgwick, the girl who had advised her to get the abortion.

OOCOut of Character:
I was just trying to follow the train on a few things. xD

Listening to Veronica say that her heart was not so sure and that his
complexion was of a model. Drake was debating as to if he should show
her what his Veela charm can do, or should he just come out right and
tell her that he is a Veela. This debate was making things interesting
for Drake because if he didn't come out straight and tell her that he was
indeed a Veela, then he wondered what kind of 'things' would happen if
he were to trap her into his Veela charm. He did wanted to indeed have
some fun and to take his mind off of issues from back home, but he was
seriously debating because Veronica seemed like a very nice, attractive,
and over all a good person. If he was to do anything with her, he wanted
to do it where she was in her full senses, not when she would be trapped
under his Veela spell. Sometimes Drake wished that he wasn't a Veela
because he wouldn't get the most honesty out of the person. Being
trapped in his charm mean't that the person was not really telling the
whole truth, only because they are trapped in his charm. So, he had
decided that he was going to tell Veronica that he was indeed a Veela
and see what her true reaction would be. "Yes, you're correct
Veronica. I am indeed a Veela."
Said Drake facing Veronica and
gazing straight into her eyes. Drake knew that he had ruined some of
the fun he could have had with Veronica, but in all honesty, he would
want to have fun with Veronica in he full senses, not when she is charmed.

Drake was really surprised that she ordered a lot of the same stuff that
he would usually order. This made things a lot more interesting for him
because the two were starting to have a lot in common. In the past,
there were not many girl's that Drake would have a lot in common. They
would either be different from him, or they would forcefully make themselves
match Drake's tastes so that they could hang out with him. He never
really liked that. He liked for a person to show what they wanted, what
they were made up of, not living a lie, but living the life of truth. That's
what Drake lived, and that's what he expected out of the other person
as well. "Indeed it is Veronica. I'm glad both of us have at least
a few things in common."
Said Drake with a smile. There were a
few people in the past that Drake knew who thought girl's as candy. They
would get with one girl, have fun with them, and then dump them for
some other girl that they would be attracted to. Drake being a Veela
could do the same, but he hated those types of guys that used girls
like they were nothing more than something to enjoy with. Drake did
have his fair share of fun with girls, but he kept it with in limit, and he
never broke a girl's heart. He just hated those types of people.

Drake laughed a little bit when he heard Veronica say that a guy like
him would not be single. Drake had standards set for specific types
of girls he would like to see, or even talk to. He would not really talk
to any girl below his standard, let alone date them. There were not
many girls that Drake had dated, only very few that got lucky to get
past his barrier would be lucky enough to see what Drake was truly
made of. "Well, truth be told, I am single, and I rarely date
anyone, even when I was mature enough to date. I have set
standards for myself."
Said Drake as he sipped on his water. Not
before long, he noticed the waiter coming with their food. He asked
the waiter to place the food in front of both of them, and then Drake
said to Veronica, "Let's dig in." Drake continued to listen to
Veronica as she stated that she has not had good experiences with
dating people. Drake gazed into the eyes of Veronica seeing the
pain and sorrow she has had to go through in her past with her two
break ups. Drake could understand the pain she had to go through
and the suffering. "I'm sorry to hear that Veronica. I've broken
up with only 2 girls in my life as well, and it was because they had
arranged marriages set for them. Truly a situation in which I
cannot do anything."
Said Drake as he started to eat his food.
It was truly surprising for Drake how Veronica and him had a lot in
common. Drake thought that maybe him and Veronica should have
dated a while back. "You know, I just had a funny thought. I
wonder how we would have been if us two were to date, or had
dated in the past. Makes me wonder how things would have turned
out."
Said Drake. Drake was a pretty straight forward guy, and
pretty much said a lot that was in his mind, which people liked about
him that he never lied, or hid anything from anyone for any reason.
<i>
</i>

As Drake spoke stating that she had been true and he was in fact a Veela, she smiled glad that he had told her this before hand. As reading was one of her hobbies she had read many novels on love stories that involved Veelas and some had happy endings while some were just portrayed as lust. She was well aware of how the Veela charm worked on others and at the moment she was pretty sure that he had not put into effect his charm or else she would probably have closed the distance of the table which kept them apart. "I'm glad you told me" she said really meaning it and somehow her trust in Drake just grew at that moment. "Which side of your family did you get it from?"she asked him wondering whether his mother or his father had given him the genes. She finished what remained of her lemonade because she was somewhat feeling a happy sensation in her stomach which had nothing to do with the taste of the lemonade. She had never seen someone who had veela blood in them although she was pretty sure that her doppelganger, Larissa Sedwick was part veela or something because although they both had blonde hair, hers had a different shine in it and her face had a radiance which she was sure did not come from any shampoo or face wash.

She smiled as he once again confirmed that he was single. She nodded as he said he had set some standards for himself. For a second she felt curious wondering if she fitted in those standards yet she did not put this question in words. Veronica's past two relationship were living proof that she did not have standards and fell for anyone yet for the past year and half she had done all her best to not fall for riff raffs and many had asked her out during that course, especially after she started playing but she had refused them all. The hardest had been to refuse Enzo who although had never actually asked her she had been hundred percent sure that he would have dated her, had she shown some interest in him but he was younger than her and she had suffered too much loss in love to make yet another attempt. "I'm sure that if you're single than those standards would be very high to match" she said to him with a grin.

Their waiter brought the food and placed it in front of them. Putting some chilly sauce on her fries she took a fork and started
chewing on one of them. Veronica considered herself lucky in one aspect which was that no matter how much food she ate and how much calories they contained she had never become fat and her waist size had remained twenty eight for the past five years. And also her love for chillies and spices never reflected on her face in from of pimples or oily skin, those were a few things many girls would wish for and Veronica was lucky to have them naturally. Biting into some chicken and chewing on it as she heard him speak that his both break ups had been due to the girls having arranged marriages. After swallowing her food she commented "Wow! They must be pretty decent sort to listen to their parents." She couldn't imagine herself obeying anyone who told her to get married to people she didn't know.

The extra water that Veronica had ordered as her lemonade was over was brought by the waiter and she sipped it. Taking another bite of her chicken which was almost going to get stuck in her through as Drake voiced his thoughts. She chewed on and tried to hide the blush that had crept on her cheeks and after swallowing she said "Um..yeah, it would have been interesting if..we would have dated." She knew she had to give him credit for being very honest and straight forward however voicing the thoughts that went on in her head was something very difficult to cope up with. "Does that mean that I am somewhere close to the standards you've set?"she asked him plucking up some courage on wanting to know what he thought about that. She ate some more fries as she wondered what he was going to say to that.

OOCOut of Character:
Sorry, a little short.

Drake didn't know exactly why he told Veronica his biggest secret. She was still sort of a stranger
to him, yet Drake felt somehow comfortable to tell her. This odd feelings was not eating up Drake
on the inside, rather, it was helping him be more open to Veronica. It wasn't often that Drake would
tell random people about his biggest secret, only the chosen few that were really close to Drake
would be able to know the secret. Drake smiled as he heard Veronica say that she was glad he had
told her. Little did she know that his charm was not in any affect at all. If it were to start taking
affect over Veronica, there's not telling what could happen. The side of the family which Drake got
his Veela charm was from his mother's side. Her side of the family was full of Veela's, and so, Drake
was lucky enough to carry on the trait as well, which made him really happy. Although it did make
him sad at times that he didn't know exactly how to be 'normal', and to have a normal life. Being
a Veela mean't for him as being imprisoned in a cage for life, Drake was born with this, and had to
carry this for the rest of his life, no questions at all. "I got it from my mother's side." Said
Drake as he started to eat his fries. The food was truly good to Drake, although a little fatty, but
it wasn't going to have much affect on Drake. He worked out, ran everyday, and would easily take
those calories off. Not to mention this was a good opportunity for him to eat this since he is after
all out with an old friend. Drake started to laugh a little when he heard Veronica say that his standards
are pretty high since he is after all single. It really wasn't all that about the standards, rather, more
about finding the more fitting person. Although Drake has only dated two girl's in his life, he could
easily date more girls, pretty much any girl would fall for him, but he wanted to be sure whenever he
picks someone. He isn't the type of guy that moves from girl to girl every few weeks. He is a one
women man, and will always stay one. He doesn't stand for cheating, and he expects that from his
partner as well. He had yet to find someone that doesn't cheat because he has seen a lot of girls do this.

Drake wasn't really in the mood to remember some of his old horrifying stories about his break ups. He
made a vow to himself that he was not going to remember them, and forget about them once and for
all. Once a girl has left Drake's life, she would have no place in his heart anymore. No matter how much
the girl can try, she will never have the same place in his heart. That is why Drake always chooses his
friends carefully, especially carefully choosing those people Drake let's in get closer to. "Yes, I
suppose they were raised well."
Said Drake starring down at his food. He really was not in the mood
to discuss about his past history. If he got the chance, he would love to go back in time and erase all
of these events from his life. He wished he had never met the two and would just love to stay single.
Not to mention the two girl's that Drake had dated tried to take his virginity away as well, but Drake did
pretty well to keep on staying a virgin until he would find his girl that he would marry. Only then will he
open himself fully to the girl. Usually, it's the girls that are in this type of situation of protecting themselves,
but here, Drake is the one who is doing it. Drake smirked as Veronica asked the question as to if she was
close to his standards or not. He wanted to answer back straight forward, but he wanted to make things
a little more interesting. He wanted to get to know Veronica a little more. "Are you saying you 'want'
to date me?"
Asked Drake with a smile on his face, still eating his chicken, and fried slowly, but surely.

OOCOut of Character:
No worries. Mine is shorter and very later ;)
Veronica ate slowly through her food taking in the taste because these days she didn’t normally just go into restaurants, she didn’t have time for that and she cooked at home back in New Zealand. Even though Veronica knew cooking since she was twelve because her dad had owned a motel and a restaurant where she helped in the kitchen but she hadn’t got many chances at cooking since she was fifteen except in her holidays and with her hectic schedule and travelling between two countries she found herself really tiring to cook when she reached back home. She was planning to hire a house elf for herself because she hadn’t owned one and she was sure her biological mother whom she hated very much and the feeling was mutual wasn’t going to lend her a house elf any time soon. Adding some chili sauce on her fries she grinned as she remembered how she had refrained from eating spicy food for two whole years back when she was fifteen so as to avoid pimples and oily skin. It all seemed so childish now that she thought about it. Even though she knew it was all true from a healthy point of view, nowadays she didn’t hold back from enjoying spicy food which she loved very much. And luckily her skin was supporting her because she was having a clean and clear, oil and pimple free face. She smiled as Drake told her that he had got his veela gene from his mother’s side of the family. She could only try to imagine how pretty Drake’s mom would be, probably having a model figure with shiny hair, twinkling eyes and radiant skin.

She could sense that like her, Drake was not comfortable talking about his past relationships. She could understand that because she would not like being reminded about the sad memories. It was weird how after all good things that happened, one could only remember the bad part of it. She guessed this had to do something with human nature and behavior which in itself was a mystery. Even though her both break ups had been sad she knew that the time she had spent dating Zac and Joshua had been fun and loving and even though she hated Joshua she tried telling herself that one learnt from their mistakes and this time, whenever love came in her life she would have to be very careful. Sipping some water she smiled back as Drake asked a question in return for her questions about her meeting his standards. “I’m trying to figure out the possibility of us dating. I’m not saying that I want to date you” she told him with a grin. Dating opportunities, if they came would have to be cautious even with Drake who looked like a good guy because her past experiences had taught her not to trust people quickly. Even though the idea of them dating was pleasing especially since they both had ties to Bulgaria, now lived in New Zealand and shared a couple of common interests but it was not going to happen on the first meeting. No, they were still friends and at the moment she was in very much need of a friend and didn’t want to ruin it by taking it any farther and then losing a friend if things went wrong.

“It might sound melodramatic but this time I don’t want to start dating anyone just because I feel like it might work out or because I find them cute” she said with a sigh, not blushing as she said in a twisted way that she found him cute. She ate some more chicken and smiled at a small crowd of people that had gathered in one corner and were pointing and waving at her. Even though she had just played two matches yet, both in which the Vrasta Vultures had lost but in one where she had caught the snitch she could feel eyes on her at most places she went in Bulgaria. Somehow magically the person in charge of her security was telling the crowd off and Veronica didn’t bother trying to decipher how exactly he had traced her here.

Drake was laughing a little inside as to the response that Veronica gave him saying that she
was trying to figure out the 'possibility' of them dating, not that she wanted to date him. It
really amused Drake to hear that from her simply because he could see it very clear on her
face that she did in fact want to date him. Though she was trying to keep everything puzzled
and was trying to confuse Drake into thinking something else other than the situation at hand,
but Drake was much smarter than that. He may be a Veela, but was also smart. Getting top
notch grades in school didn't come to him by simply him trapping girl's in his charm and having
them do his homework for him. The success came through him working on his own, doing all
the hard work himself. He knew what the meaning of the words 'hard work'. Although sensing
that she was struggling with even her own sentences and her own decisions made things a lot
more interesting for Drake. He could obviously tell that Veronica was into him, although perhaps
her past experiences were holding her back from making any decisions about her future in certain
parts of her life. This Drake understood very well, seeing as after having to break up with his
previous girlfriends, there were times where he would get girl's coming to him asking to date him,
and he would literally yell at them to leave him alone. It really upset Drake to have to do that,
but it also hurt him because people just wanted to 'use' him for their own purposes. After his
second break up, Drake realized that the previous two whom he had dated shared very little
in common with him, and the only reason they dated Drake in the first place was because he
was a popular kid in Durmstrang, and that he was a Veela. This really sickened Drake because
he wanted someone dear to him to like him for who he is on the inside, not how he appears on
the outside, well, not entirely anyways. After that, Drake set in his mind that he would rather
stay single for the rest of his life than to be dearly hurt again. Drake spend a lot of time alone,
trying to make himself strong once again. It took him a while, but he eventually got there and
now that he has reached there, he does not want to go down hill, rather, perhaps find someone
that shares the same interests as him, and go uphill with that person, but who knows what will
happen. Facing Veronica after finishing up his plate of delicious food, Drake wiped off some crumbs
of off his face with a paper napkin, and said, "That's pretty much the exact same thing Veronica.
I can see in your eyes that you want to date me. I'm more than just a Veela."
Drake gave a
small wink to Veronica trying to make her laugh. When Drake made someone else happy, it made
him happy at heart that he was able to something good to another person and to being a smile.

What Drake heard next from Veronica was something he was totally in agreement with. With the
first two girl's that Drake dated, he started to date them on the first meet, with the exception of
the second girl he dated, he started dating her after their second meet when they went on a
picnic and them decided to forward their friendship into a relationship. That was one mistake that
Drake did not want to repeat again. In the process of dating the two girl's and then breaking up
with them, he lost a few of his friends that were really close to him. Even though his popularity
remained, he lost those people that were dear to him, which was a bigger loss. "So I'm guessing
that you dated your previous boyfriends out of how 'cute' they were and you had 'feelings' that
it might end up working out?"
Asked Drake as he sipped on his water. Truth be told, Drake
didn't think he was in the position of even asking Veronica that question, simply because he had
gone through the same thing. Looking back at how things went for him, he laughed a little at how
much of a little kid and fool he was at the time to think like this, to date a girl based on how cute
or what her popularity was. That was one mistake Drake was never going to repeat again. Even
though Drake did find Veronica to be cute, but there was no way he was going to date her right
away. He wanted to get to know her better, see if they are compatible in other areas, and what
not. Just because they lived in the same area, and went to the same school didn't mean that he
would start dating her right away. Even though the mere idea of him Dating Veronica sounded
nice, but it was too complicated right now to get straight into a relationship. He knew that Veronica
felt pretty much the same way as he did. "Don't worry, I feel the same way as you. Based
on how my past was as well, I know the feeling."
Said Drake as he adjusted his back to better position.
<i>
</i>

Users who are viewing this thread

Back