Oh, hello there

Katie Swan

OOC First Name
Melissa.
Katie was at it again, once again she was roaming the streets having runaway from her Aunt. This was becoming a regular occurence and she was suprised her Aunty even cared. She knew that the young girl would return home as soon as she got hungry. Having no money to buy her own, and yet she did. She was instantly on alert when ever she heard high heels clomping in her direction and she would duck into an alley when ever she could. Not today however. No today was a rare day of sunshine so she ventured to the park, hoping for a moment of fresh air before she had to return home. As she slipped through the rusty side gate she bumped into a girl around her age. Blushing she looked at her feet. "Sorry... I'm Katie. And you are?" she asked looking up. maybe she was going to make a friend.

Meighan had skiped the park that day willing to get some fresh and and have a stroll around. It was a beautiful day and she knew the park would be busy but yet she still went hoping to make a new friend on that wonderful day. She had just moved from Australia to New Zealand and hoping to make a kiwi friend. Slipping through the side entrance she was in her own world gazing around, she looked at the birds and had the amazing feeling of grass in between her toes when she bumped it to a girl who looked roughly the same age.. "Watch were you're going!" she screeched.

Katie scowled, that wasn't exactly polite. She looked the girl up and down, she could take her if they fought, she looked like a bit of a girly girl, the type she detested. But instead of kicking her butt she tried the niceties once more. "I'm Katie and you are?" she assumed that the girl hadn't heard her the first time over all the screaming she was doing so this time she also offered her hand. "Katie Swan." She repeated making sure that she heard her this time.

Meighan blinked embarrassed she hadn't heard the girl, Katie she said her name was. She took her hand and made a slight grin. [b]'I'm Meighan Darkhart."[/b] she started "I'm 10, nice to meet you" she added quickly letting go. Maybe this girl wasn't so rude after all. Gesturing to a nearby bench grinned [b]"We might want to move out of the way of the gate. Let's sit."[/b] she said going and sitting down.

Katie nodded, she had heard the name Darkhart before she knew a Annalie and an Aimee Darkhart from school, they of course were older than her and had left to go to Hogwarts. Sighing she shook the hand and let go. "I'm 9." she smiled and followed the girl to the bench. Sitting down she looked around at the screaming kids. Swinging her legs she turned to Meighan "So what do you like doing?" she asked politely.

Meighan plonked herself beside Katie. Crossed her legs and smiled 'I don't know where to begin. Reading books that make me feel like I'm the character are my favorite. I can sit for hours reading. I also really enjoy sports and long strolls and shopping too" she said "What about you?" she asked in return.

Katie nodded, she understood exactly what Meighan was talking about. She herself read books in order to escape the chaos of her life, delving head first in to various plots and situations, feeling the excitement in all its twists and turns. It added such a zest to life, a thing that she was not short of. Gazing back over to the playground Katie sighed at the sight of children playing, something that she had missed out on, and regretted so much. "I enjoy reading too. But I like sport the most, I'm a martial arts freak myself. I take Karate. It's great to know that you can kick someones ass if need be." She said with a giggle in her voice. She loved Karate it was a great vent for all the built up anger inside her. When she was angry that her parents left her with their killer, expecting her to look after her. Her aunt hated her, and she couldn't ever picture her ever liking her. The sooner she could go to Hogwarts the better. She wondered if Meighan was going to go to Hogwarts. She couldn't just ask in case she wasn't, picking her words carefully she managed to say "I'm going to a special, boarding school soon, are you?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back