Oh Come On!

Edward Neill

OOC First Name
Timmeh
Wand
14" Maple Wood Wand Essence of Pheonix Dust
Edward was walking back from shopping for his house. He had just moved back and wasn't at all too pleased with "The Dark Part of the Alley." People with mean eyes starred at him and at anytime soon he felt like he was going to be attacked. He wished he had learned to apparate when he was in school. However he slacked in certain studies and now he was paying the price for that. He had over 1,000 galleons worth of stuff and didn't really feel like getting mugged. He could defend himself, but knew here were pretty tough. Even the non-magic users. 20 years back he had been sucker punched in this same alley. That was not at all fun.

Presently a man began walking toward him. "Ay give me ye things!" he had said in a drunken tone. "I think not." Edward replied. "Ay, ye make a terribly mistake not giving me those things." He said again. Then he threw a fist. It landed him square in the jaw and it hurt perfectly awful. "No my friend, you just made a mistake." Edward said dropping his stuff. He pulled out his wand and stupefied him. The idiot lay sprawled, but that made his buddies come to his aid. At least 6 or 7 men surrouded Edward. "This is not what I need." Edward muttered. They all charged with fists. Edward managed to get 3 of them with a Stupefy, but the rest began beating him. One took his wand and snapped it. "Noo!" he said before being blowed in the face.

Jaylisa was in Bleak Street looking for a potion that was not sold in the mainstrem. She was not looking for it for herself but she had gotten a case in which she thought that this particular kind of poison had been adminstered. There was a very good chance she was wrong but then it had become that she was rarely ever wrong. Jaylisa was looking for the store that she was going to ask her questions at when she saw that a man was getting attacked. She analized the situation and saw that the man seemed like an innocent by stander so Jaylisa went to work. She let go a large set of sparks from her wand. "Jaylisa Newton, Auror second class I demand that you disband at once." She said. Jaylisa's English was good but thick with her Brazilian accent. The men just looked at her and cackled as they advanced on her. Jaylisa had warned them to disband.

In a falsh she ducked under a druken punch then came round with a cartwheel kick. She had her wand crossed across her right hand as if she where holding a pole instead of a wand. This was a Brazilan style of fighting. She charged her wand with a wordless incatation and spun around to punch the guy that was aiming for the back of her head. Jaylisa let the hit recoshe to put her elbow in the gut of another guy. Three where down but there where still three more around. To this she stood up stright and put her hands on hips. "Really boys are you going to bring yourselves humliation by letting a lady beat you?" She asked in her Brazilan purr.

Edward was speechless at the techniques she did as she basically decimated the men. SHe had a very strong Brazilian accent and she had also announced herself as an Auror. That was the only group of people whom he thought had a "fun" job in the Ministry of Magic. THe rest seemed to bore him to no extent. He knew although you were able to fight being an Auror, but he also knew that it required some paperwork. All jobs did. He hated it. She then kicked on with a what looked like a cartwheel. It was brilliant to watch. Simply brilliant. The woman had talent. Her name was Jaylisa. THe name of his Great-Aunt.

Edward stood up, gathering his things. "Thank you so much. I really appreciate you saving me. They caught me off guard, my hands were full." He said smiling. Then he stuck out his hand and said, "Pleased to finally see a great Auror in action. YOu were brilliant..Jaylisa was it? My name is Edward. Thank you so much again."

The men that where left scattered and Jaylisa smiled. All it took to put a bit of fear around here was a bit of mussle. Jaylisa prefered brain work herself but this was good too. "I was really no problem for me Mr... Edward. It did seem like you were in a bit of a binde." She said as she shook his hand. There was a move that she had learned not so long ago called discombobulaton that she had wanted to try but again that would have to wait. "It is not wise to carry things like that around Bleak Street if you would like I can walk you would of here." She said a kind smile on her seriose face.

Jaylisa had made a mustake anouncing herself as an Auror but nothing broke up a party quite like it. Then again Jaylisa didn't look like herself at the moment. The hair under her cap was black instead of brown and her eyes had a green color to them instead of the usual deep coffee that they usually where. Being an Auror meant that sometimes one had to walk around in discuse. Not that Jaylisa made it a habit. "That was nothing really. Brazilan Aurors are trained in dueling, kaputa and Ju-Jitsu. It is believed that a good keeper of the peace should know unarmed combat as well as armed." She said. "What do you work in by the way?" She added trying to make conversation.

"I'd very much love it if you assisted me." he said with a smile. "And I am retired early. I used to own my. Own business, so that kinda made my life easier." he replied. Edward was still amazed at the speed the Brazilian woman was able to go at. SHe took them out with just simply her body. He was just glad she had come at the time she did. After all, who knows if one of them was a DEath Eater. "I know I shouldn't be out here. I just well..." Edward said, kinda embarresed. "Never learned how to apparate. This is basically the only fast route to my establishment, so I took it anyway knowing the dangers. It was my fault." He then smiled and asked, "HAve you ever had any jobs besides being an Auror?"
OOCOut of Character:
Sorry for lame post. I'm at school xD

Small Brazilian woman at that. Her shoes, though they looked like normal sneakers, actually gave her an good two inches in height. This put Jaylisa at a 5'3" inches when she was normally 5'1. To Jaylisa this wasn't a big deal. She hadn't lied when she said that Auror training in Brazil wasn't easy. She had been taught how to take down someone at most twice her size and not put forth too much effort to do so. "That is quite alright. There are many that don't know how to apparate and many more that choose not to because of the consequences that come with doing it wrong. It took me a good deal of time to learn now to do it outside of school myself." She said. Jaylisa didn't mention that she had abandoned the wizarding world for a good deal of time.

Jaylisa nodded at Edward's question. "I was a part of the Department of Mysteries for a time but that was before I was able to take a spot in among the Aurors. Before that I would rather not say." She said with no shame to her. It wasn't that there was anything bad in the time that she spent as a Muggle but she thought it unimportant and uninteresting to mention. That and it hurt her to think about why she left the wizarding world in the first place.

"I see, I see." He said, as they walked. "I guess I've always assumed that everyone knew how to apparate, and I was just the dumb one. The truth is, I never took the time to learn it, I was to busy mastering one spell at a time. The process takes quite a long time, but I'm sure you knew that. you seem to be very educated in the wizarding way. More than most anyways." He said. Edward noticed he had a good 6 inches on her height. He also noticed that even at that, she was still able to take down those men who where much more burly than her and much more taller. It wasn't often you saw a person of that size to do such damage to a more larger person with barely a sweat broke.

"The Department of Mysteries huh? Since you'd rather not say before that, what exactly is the Department of Mysteries? I've never known." He asked. It was true, every other department he was well educated about. Except for that of the Mysteries Department. It intrigued him mainly because it had the name, Mystery, in it. "I also have one more question, who is your husband? I'd like to give you both a little something for your kindness in helping me." He said.

A little color came up in Jaylisa's cheeks. "Oh I would not say that I know more than most just that I have picked up a fair bit." She said very modestly. Jaylisa never really gave herself much credit because she didn't need it. She did her best and if that made her seem like she was above average than so be it. "It is difficult if you can not sort out your thoughts well enough to visualize the place that are going to. My problem was that I had to slow my mind down enough to concentrate on what I was doing." She said laughing. It was true but she hoped that she made it sound like a joke. Jaylisa wasn't very good a jokes.

Jaylisa shook her head. "That I can not say. For one was only an assistant there so most of case files where redistricted to me and for another everyone that works in that department is made to swear an oath never to talk about what goes on in there." She said thinking back to when she was a clerk for the Department. If she had stayed in the D.O.M for another year there could have been a good chance that she would have been made a full operative. Jaylisa chose not to do so for one reason. "I never married." She replied looking away slightly. She was almost forty years old and never married. There were a few in the Auror's department that laughed at her for it but then Jaylisa just never thought about it when she had work and other thing taking up her time. "I do have a son though. His name is Jake." She said proudly.

It dawned on Jaylisa how that sounded so quickly explained. "He is adopted. My friend Varilla Bean and I where looking into something in the Jungles of South America and we found this little boy, about five years old, being taken care by leopards. Why he wasn't eaten on the spot I could not begin to guess but we took him in for examination. After a while I decided to adopt him." She said hoping that made better since than the conclusions that could have been drawn up for a single woman with a child. Not that Leo could be considered a child for much longer.

Edward smiled as she told her joke. He looked on. It was getting dark and the moon was only at a Waxing Cresent. He had studied Astronomy for quite a while now. He had so much time on his hands. He had no job, but he did infact apply to be a shop keeper at Flourish and Blotts, one of his more favorite stores. It wasn't that he liked reading everything, but that he loved to read spell books. He had already mastered Stupefy and was able to spread shoot it. 3 spells at a time. That's how he was able to knock three of those thugs down. He was now working on a couple different spells. However seemed bored with it all.

"I understand, so what would happen to you if you so happened to tell someone?" He asked. He was intregued further more as to what the Department of Mysteries was all about. Then she told him she was never married. "I'm terribly terribly sorry for asking. I shouldn't have even mentioned." He said. He looked down and then back up. She said she had a son. "Jake... a nice name. I'm sure he loves you. They way I see it, you're probably the best that there is to offer to him. He smiled at her. It was nice to finally have someone to talk to after being in New Zealand for only 2 weeks. He had barely moved in, let alone made any new friends. It seemed all his past friends and up and gone.

"He was raised leopards? Very very interesting. Infact it's phenominal! I've heard stories of young being raised like that. He was lucky. Most left are left to die." He said. They walked more and they were nearing his house. "So are you willing to accept a gift?" he asked.

Jaylisa smiled back. She normally didn't make friends not because she was anti-social but because she didn't have people around her age to talk to. It seemed like the people at the Ministry where either young or acted like it. It didn't matter much to her either way. She almost always had her mind set on her work. "We no one has ever told have they so it can not be anything good." She said smiling wide. She had never heard of anyone talking about what happened to anyone that had broken the oath. Jaylisa had always thought that they just stopped existing one way or another and this was why no one ever heard about it. Still Jaylisa was not about to try and find out what happened.

Jaylisa bit her lip softly. "Thank you for that Mr. Edward. There has been nothing more important to me than Jake for the last few years. Even though I did have to leave him back in Brazil so I could get things settled here." She said. Jaylisa was sure that her son did love her even if he did have his little quarks. Vaillia and herself had gotten him to where he could be around people but there was still a feline aura around him that made people think he was different. Jake had displeased her recently but didn't stop her from loving him like a son.

"I know right? It was only lucky that he stayed alive so long, luckier that Vaillia and I where the ones to find him." Jaylisa said thinking about it. There would have been people that would have left Jake to his fate. "Normally I wouldn't take a gift from someone that I have just met but I would more than happily do so coming from you." She said. There was no flirtation behind it. Jaylisa meant that he seemed trustworthy enough.

OOCOut of Character:
GAHH I was going to reply, but I'll ahve to do so later my bad my bad

"Thank you, now what I'm going to give you is useful, however...if used wrong it comes with a cost. Invisability Necklace. Use it no more than once a day. Otherwise you will be invisable for a complete week. Trust me, it's not fun." He said smiling. He handed her diamong plated necklace. It looked just like any other necklace. "I have always had a strong side for charms, and this was my first creation. I hope you'll like it, if not that's perfectly fine too." He said. He smiled again, then said, "It's starting to get pretty dark out. If you want you needn't aid me anymore. I wouldn't want to bore you."

Then presently it began to rain. Thunder rolled out from certain clouds and lighting flashed in the nearby sky. Edward always loved the sound of thunder and the soft, but sometimes heavy sound of the pitter patter of the rain. He took out his wand and pointed it at a sheet of plywood. "Wingardium Levosia." He chanted, making the object go over their heads to protect them from the rain and possible lightning.

Jaylisa looked at the charmed necklace with interest. She had seen items like this in the D.O.M but much more powerful. She smiled wide. "Thank you I can think of about seven different uses for it already." She said. Jaylisa was never one for jewelry but this piece was practical as well as beautiful. "You are very skilled indeed Mr. Edward." She said as she saw the house not too far from them now. She assumed it was his because they where turning there. Jaylisa put her hand on the edge of her cap and started to walk away when heard the thunder.

A sound like someone was being murdered erupted from Jaylisa flung her arms around Edward (because he was the closest thing to her otherwise she would have dived into the nearest building) and closed her eyes. The thunder was gone but it started to rain. Jaylisa didn't mind rain but ever since she was a child she had been afraid of thunder and lightning. In Brazil they where never signs of a good thing. Jaylisa opened her eyes looked at the plywood then at Edward then put her hands behind her back embarrassed. "So sorry Mr. Edward." She murmured.

At once Edward was thrown off guard by her sudden grab and what seemed like tackle. Infact he almost shouted, ahhh!. He let out an "Oof!" and got back up. She said sorry. "It's not a problem Miss Jaylisa, not a problem at all. He took off his overcoat and offered it too her. "Ahh yes, my house is just ahead. A cozy little establishment. But I must ask, was it the thunder that scared you? Or what?" He asked. It puzzled him as to what gave her the instinct to do such an action as she did. However he didn't contemplate it long, for many people had phobias, including him. Arachnidphobia. Fear of spiders. However, he wished to not tell anyone such a tail.

As they closed in on his house he looked at her. "Would the young miss want to come inside until the rain cleared?" He asked. "I'm afraid there's not much too it, for I have just moved in." He said with a wink. He waited for a response, but as he did he looked up and noticed the rain poured harder now. Faster, with a lovely pitter patter. Almost like a song being played.

Jaylisa wanted to pop out of sight right then and there but she was a bit of a prideful woman meaning that she would not allow herself to step out just because she had just made a fool of herself. Jaylisa nodded. "This unfortunately has happened since I was a young girl." She said in a note that said she didn't want to talk about it any longer. Her fear of thunder was something that she didn't really like to show but she hadn't been expecting it to rain to night. The forecast spell had said that it was just going to be cloudy for the course of the night.

Jaylisa looked at the coat then bit her lip thinking about whether or not she could take it. Jaylisa finally decided on doing so. "Perfectly understandable. I've been in New Zealand for a matter of three years and still can't seem to get my house organized" She said lightly. As organized as she would like it she had meant. Jaylisa had a touch of OCD when it came to these things. The rain was starting to come down a little harder but Jaylisa was counting in her head. The rain had just started meaning that any moment now another thunder clap would come across the sky.

"You've only been here for three years huh? Well that explains why I didn't recognize you. I used to live here a while ago. Then I moved and well, now I'm back." He said. He looked up in the sky. Thunder was near. He knew it would sound again. He decided on getting her inside as soon as possible. After all, he did not want her to be frightened. He was loving and cared for people. After all, he does what he want's to be done to him.

Minutes passed and they were on the doorstep of his humble home. He looked at her with swayed eyes. Jaylisa had pretty eyes. They were like peices of the moon shine, so bright and nice. A nearby streetlight was the only sign of a light. "Well, please come in? I don't want you to be out alone. It wouldn't be right for me to leave you. After all, you've done so much for me." He told her. Then, a loud rumble of thunder emerged from the clouds that looked like they belonged in Hell.

Jaylisa was grateful that Edward had taken her hint and dropped the subject. "I was stationed in Central America for a good deal of time before transferring here. If that is the case then I am happy to have come when I did. Any earlier and I would have had to kept tabs on another long distance friend." She said somewhat jokingly. The rain was pleasant enough and Jaylisa was starting to relax when they got to Edward's home. Jaylisa wanted to say something about the way he looked at her. She was under a great number of glamors at the moment after all.

"Thank you Mr. Edward." She said brightly then the thunder clap came and Jaylisa ran inside. It hadn't made her jump as much now that she had counted down the second to when it came but it still made her shiver somewhat. Safely inside Jaylisa took off her cap and started to take down a few of the glamors she had put on herself. Slowly the pin straight black hair started to curl and turn burnt coffee brown while her fractures rounded out a little. Her eyes started to lose their green glass bottle sheen.

"Take a seat, I'll get some coffee, or do you prefer something else? And please, call me Eddie." He said smiling. He left his living room to make some coffee. He retrieved his dark roast coffee and let it brew. As he did that, he went off to go find a couple of blankets so poor Jaylisa would not get sick. After all, it was the curtious thing to do. He quickly ran upstairs to fetch them and then retired back to the living room. Jaylisa was sitting. He offered her a blanket to warm up in and plopped some wood in his limestone fireplace. He waved his wand and with a spark the fire bursted. "THat should do it. Be right back with the coffee." HE said.

Presently Edward returned and handed her a glass. "I'm glad you transferred here as well. Who knows what those thugs could've done to me if you hadn't showed up. I can't thank you enough!" Edward stated. "Wow! Doesn't the young miss have quite lovely hair? ANd her eyes! Wonderous." He said chuckling. Jaylisa was now, what he relized known as a pretty woman. One of the more prettier he had seen in his life. And it was a long life so he had quite a number to say.

Jaylisa finished taking the glamors down then blushed slightly. "Keep that up and I might just start believing the young miss part Eddy." She said as she took the blanket and the mug of coffee. She wasn't really used to being treated like this. She was used to taking care of others most of the time. She loved doing it too. There was little wonder she took in a wild child into her home when others would have left it to die. After Jaylisa calmed down she took in Edward's home. "You have a beautiful home even if it's uncompleted." She said. She was joking about the last part somewhat.

Jaylisa thought back to how Edward had looked at her while they where walking. She found she didn't mind it. This was coming from a woman that worked with plenty of men without turning into a 'woman of ill repute'. Her life had been her job and later on her son. Still Jaylisa couldn't help but be attracted on some level to Edward. "You can call me Jay if you'd like. My better friends call me this." She said with a soft smile. Jaylisa was still a little put off the thunder.

"Alright than. Jay." He said with a wink. The storm, to him, seemed like such a violent one. He remembered when he was only ten, that his mother had told him when the clouds begin thundering...the flow of magic is somewhere, sometime, being disrupted by evil forces. And when it start pouring, it's the tears shed for those lost from the Death Eaters. He thought nothing more of it, for it was fool hardy to think of such childish things at a time when he had company. "Uncompleted is right. The dining quarters aren't even finished. That's my favorite place!" He said with a laugh.

'Just so it isn't so terribly quite, I think I'll put a little tune on from the radio. At least I have that right?" He said chuckling again. He reavealed his wand and waved it a little to turn on a tune. He didn't know which one it was, but it was far more relaxing than listening to a random boom every three seconds. "That's a little better eh Jay?" He asked. He closed the shades, mainly because a few days back he had some major creepers looking through his window.

Jaylisa laughed kindly. "Yours is the dining quarters mine would be the kitchen. I'd have made sure I got that all settled first before anything else." She said. Jaylisa thought about Brazil and her son Jake. He always got a look about him when the sky turned dark. It was as if he could tell when a storm was coming. When he was younger he would nuzzle Jaylisa inside if she where tending the garden or something of the sort. As Jake became older he would place his hand on Jaylisa's shoulder and ask her to come inside. The thunder reminded her of spells that had been used against Muggleborns like her when had gone through her magical schooling. This was the reason she didn't like it. It brought back painful memories.

Jaylisa listened to the music that was coming out of Edward's radio, smiling. "Yes that is much better. Thank you for this. I am usually the one helping people." She said with a kinder smile on her face. "So what made you move back to New Zealand? You mentioned before that you lived here." She asked as she placed her mug in front of her.

"Not a problem. Since you're the one always helping people, consider this a little "Thank-You" present." Edward replied. The rain seemed to be letting up, however it also seemed it decided to keep pushing forward and rain more. "Let's just hope we don't get flooded in!" He said with a chuckle. "I moved back here for many reasons, but mostly for the reason that New Zealand is one of the most beautiful places ever." He said smiling at Jaylisa. Edward had always loved it here, but business pushed him away. Now he was back and ready to start a life with someone. Money wasn't an issue for him. HE had plenty.

OOCOut of Character:
I am so dearly terribly sorry for the lameness of that post. I'm still busy. Exams, weddings...lemons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back