Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Bisexual
Wand
Curly 17 Inch Swishy Hornbeam Wand with Unicorn Hair Core
Maggi didn't really know how to feel about being back at Hogwarts again. Her mum had lined up plenty of tuition and competitions for Maggi in the holidays but her skills had been rusty, and returning to the life she had grown up in felt so distant from the way she had to live now. Hogwarts had never given her any way to nurture her passions, and it felt like she was being torn away from the person she was supposed to be. But Maggi wouldn't give up without a fight, so she had made a promise to herself to double down on her practice in preparation for the next holiday. She had hurried to squirrel herself away in the arts room the first chance she got, with a fresh songbook to work through. Sat at the piano, Maggi took a moment to read through the sheet music before she started to sing, trying not to wince at the rustier edges of her out of practice voice.

There were many things Weston had missed about Hogwarts during the break: his friends, the view from Ravenclaw tower, unlimited food in the Great Hall. One thing pretty high up on the list was the arts room. He found the magical instruments and arts supplies utterly entrancing, and he had spent hours in there last year without getting bored. Aside from those pianos that played themselves, there was no real equivalent in the muggle world. So as soon as he had a bit of spare time, he decided to head straight for the room.

Weston hadn't bothered to bring his guitar or any sheet music. There were plenty of both in the room, and besides, he had hoped to spend some time today trying out the instruments that could teach you to play. Weston pushed open the door and stopped when he realized there was already someone in there, singing. "Sorry, I didn't know you were in here. Can I stay? I can, uh, play quietly in the corner." He really didn't want to have to walk back up a million flights of stairs to get his guitar and practice in Ravenclaw tower. Judging by the glares, he was starting to suspect his roommates only tolerated his practicing.

Maggi was used to sharing rooms with other people and didn't stop singing when someone entered the arts room, giving him a small smile as she kept singing. She only stopped when he spoke, giving a small shake of the head. "Nah, you're fine!" She said brightly, pleased for the company. Sometimes she felt so alone at Hogwarts, and it was refreshing to meet people with the same interested. "We could practice together, if you'd like?"

Weston was immensely relieved that she didn't seem intent on kicking him out. "Okay, great!" He made his way to the instruments and started to survey them. "But you should know that I can't sing. I mean, I can sing, but I can't sing sing, all good like you." She'd had a nice voice, and he assumed she'd taken lessons or at least had a lot of practice. "And I can't really play the piano, but I can play the guitar and I can sort of play the drums," he rambled, having taken her invitation to literally mean she wanted to practice together instead of just sharing the room.

He decided to pick out an acoustic guitar, plucking a string out of habit before remembering that the instruments were magically charmed to always be in tune. "What were you practicing?" Weston asked, taking a seat near her and resting the guitar in his lap. He hadn't heard much of the song she was singing before he'd interrupted, but maybe it would be something he knew.

Maggi smiled cheerfully when the boy agreed to play together. "Oh, it's fine! Anyone with a voice can sing." She said firmly, repeating her music teacher's motto. She was pleasantly surprised at the interest he took in her song, moving back a little so he could see the sheet music. "It's a song from Annie, it's called Maybe." She said a little sadly, showing him the piece. "I wanted to audition for it in the holidays, but the show was going to happen after Hogwarts started up again." She said with a small shrug, trying hard not to think about how much it hurt giving up these opportunities. "But it's nice to practice the songs anyway." She added quickly, giving the boy a smile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back