Now your gone, there you go, somewhere i cant bring you back..

Steph Shirley

Wand
'Yew Wand 13 1/2" Essence of Phoenix Feather'.
Steph ran to the lawn, her face was stained with tears. She tripped, and fell, she didnt have the strength to pull herself up.
She lay on the ground, trembling and crying. Some passer by would of thought someone had died. Thankfully noone had. But Stephs best friend Harriet Turner, was leaving, may of already left. Steph didnt know, she couldnt stay with her, she couldnt watch her best friend walk away.
Harri means everything to Steph, and she highly doubted she could stay strong without her Harriet there to catch her when she fell.

As she lay crying, the quote Harri had said just ten minutes ago, jumped into her mind. 'Never say goodbye, because goodbye means going away, and going away means forgetting'. Stephs eyes closed, her thoughts on all the times her and Harri had laughed together, and cried together. The summer they had spent together with Nina and Alex. The best summer of Stephs life. They had so much fun. She remembered her birthday, where Harri, Hollie and Aiden had met in the Three Broomsticks. She realised she had never given Harri her christmas present, a necklace that had come in a set of two, put together it made a smiley face, and below the words 'best friends'. Steph wore her half of the necklace. And Harris half was in Stephs suitcase. She made a mental note to send it to Harri as soon as she could.

Steph opened her eyes, looked around. It had started to rain..

/;'(/

[That was such a sad post ;'( ]

Once Harri had offically left he gave her a final farewell. She was like his older sister and he would miss her so much. But he felt worse for those who had known her for many years, that would be hard. He saw Steph run out of the entrance hall, she was in an awful state. He quickly followed her as no one else had.

Sam didn't want to smother her so instead he broke into a slow walk so she was a good bit ahead of him. He saw her crumpled on the grass, not knowing if this was his place or not he turned around to leave. But no one else was coming. He sighed and turned around quickly and walked over. He was awful at these kind of things.

Small cold droplets of rains had begun to fall from the miserable looking clouds it soon turned into a heavy downpour. Sam was soaked in seconds. Once he was close enough he knelt down beside her. "Steph, its going to be ok" He said softly to her. He didn't know when they would or if they would. But he was already going through something similar, Jenn had left- his bestfriend and his girlfriend. That had hurt him and then Harri left which just left him broken.

Stephs eyes were closed again, she was lying face down in the grass, when she heard someone say her name, its going to be ok. Her eyes opened, she saw Sam, her younger friend kneling beside her.
She pulled herself up, and sat on her knee's, her eyes were bloodshot, red and her face was blotchy and had traces of eye liner that she had cried off. But she was no longer crying.
'Sam.. how is it going to be okay? Ive nothing left.' She said truthfully. Staring into Sams eyes, trying to make him see. 'Ive got no family, everyone i love has left. My brother and sister in law died, my best friend died. Aiden left without a goodbye, and no Harri's gone..'
She was almost pleading with him, anyone could see the pain in her eyes was genuine.
She had nothing left..

Sam put his arm around her shoulder as she explained that she had nothing and no one. He didn't know what he could say to her, she was in a bad situation. But he had to say something, "Look Steph..." he paused, "I know what its like to lose someone you love. My best friend and well...my girlfriend left without a proper goodbye, that hurt me deep..but after a while the cut heals over. Like it will for you..it may take a while, but it heals." He said slowly. "And people will be there to help you along the way." He promised, even if it had to be him, he'd be there for her.

'Sam.. i..' Steph looked him in the eye, 'Im sorry about that..'

Even though she wasnt crying, inside her heart was tearing. 'Yeah but even if this heals, even if the pain goes away, what about when someone else i love leaves? How will i be able to cope with this, i feel like im beinng teared apart..' Her eyes closed again, 'I cant live without the people i love, i cant do it..'

Harri had just left, and unable to say goodbye to her, Ellie had followed Steph out into the Lawn, but about ten minutes later. Tears were rolling down her cheeks, fast, her lip trembling. Her best friend had left, left the school, god knows when and if she would be returning. Another person Ellie had loved, had left her. Ellie thought about Harri and how she'd been there for her through the worst times in her life. Harri and Ellie had been best friends since the first day of first year, she was the best friend Ellie had ever had, the best one she was most likely to ever have, and now she had left. Thinking about all the good, and the bad times they'd had, Ellie cried harder, trying to remember every single time, but she couldn't, there was too many of them. Ellie thought about the months she'd spent in bed with Spattergroit, the months she could have spent with her best friend. "F@ck1ng hell" she wailed, why did everything always have to go wrong for her?! Spotting Steph and Sam, Ellie wandered over to them, trying hard to wipe her tears away with the sleeves of her Gryffindor jumper. "Hey" she said, plopping down at the side of Steph and attempting to give her and Sam a smile. "You's okay?" she asked, her voice gone deep and gravelly.

Steph noticed Ellie, she looked a mess. And was shouting something Steph couldnt hear. She watched her come closer to Sam and Steph.
Steph tried to smile, but it just came out in a mess. 'Ellie..' She whispered, knowing how hard it was for Ellie, because Steph was feeling the exact same, and it was agony.
She took Sams and and moved it from round her shoulder, she looked at him. And turned to Ellie, she moved closer to her and wrapped her arms around Ellies neck. She felt the tears coming again as she hugged the older girl. She wanted Ellie to know, that even though they wernt the closest friends, and they didnt speak as often as they should. They have to stick together now, if they both had nothing left, Steph would make sure they had each other, if Ellie was okay with that.

Steph pulled away, looking Ellie in the eyes, before closing them. And moving where to Sam was. She quickly wiped a tear, and answered Ellies question as best she could. 'I honestly dont know how i am.' She answered truthfully, her emotions were a mix of anger, pain and confusion. She looked at Sam, waiting for his answer.

Tears were still falling from Stephs eyes..

Sam watched as another girl came over, one he had met before. She was also in quite a state. Sam wanted to just move away and let the girls just be together after all they seemed a lot closer to Harri then he had. He listened to Steph's answer before he said his. "Y'know its just such a shock....I know she wasn't as close to me as she was to you guys...but she was like my older sister." Sam had no siblings and he looked up to Harri. "What about you?" he asked returning her question.

Ellie hugged Steph tightly, fresh tears erupting in her eyes and rolling down her cheeks fast. She opened her mouth to tell Steph that everything was going to be okay, but then closed it again. Was everything going to be okay? "At least we still have each other" she said instead as Steph pulled away, before giving her a smile. A weak one, but still a smile. Bringing her knees up under her chin, Ellie sat her head on them and sniffed a little, tears still falling from her clear brown eyes. She had now given up trying to wipe them away, they always came back, so it was pointless. Bringing her head up and straightening her legs out, she lay back on the cold, damp grass and stared at the sky, looking at the odd shaped clouds while listening to Steph and Sam answer her earlier question. Her heart seemed to fall as Steph told her how she didn't know how to feel and Sam said how Harri had been like his big sister before returning her question. Sitting up Ellie looked at them both, "I.. I, don't know" she said, her voice barely a whisper. "She's been my best friends since the first day of first year, she was like the sister I never had" she told them, tears rolling down her cheeks again. Ellie and Harri had always been really close, and then when Ellie had returned to school after recovering from Spattergroit, with all the classes and work, her and Harri hadn't gotten to spend as much time together as they would both have liked to. "I'm gonna miss her, so much" she told them, covering her eyes before scrubbing them with her sleeves. "But still, she must have a really good reason to be leaving us all" she added, thinking. Harri wouldn't just dissapear because she wanted to, as she didn't, and she had said that she really had to go home, she couldn't stay. Now Ellie was really worried about her. There she was crying over her best friend leaving, when her best friend obviosly had some pretty big problems she had to leave for.

'I dont know how to feel about all this,' Steph admitted, 'Im angry, with whoever or whatever has taken my best friend away from me. But i feel selfish, because as you say, something really important must of forced her to leave. And i feel like if id have stopped her going, i..' She stopped wiping tears away. She sighed loudly. Moving her legs, so they were crossed, she pulled at the wet grass. Her chest felt like someone was sitting on it, she knew her heart had shattered, it was already broke from all the heartbreak and sadness Steph had been through, but now there was nothing left but broken pieces. And it was the most uncomfortable feeling in the world, but right now Steph couldnt sthink of anything to make it better.
'What are we going to do?' She asked herself more than the others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back