Not your Average Shopping Trip

Aphrodite Fox

OOC First Name
Zoe
Wand
12" Ebony Wand with Kelpie Hair core
Aphrodite was in a particularly good mood, for she was doing just what she loved to do the most; shopping! Well, she did like to shop, but what she was shopping for at this time wasn't the most fun stuff for the average person. Aphrodite was on the verge of creating her own poison, one that could aid the Death Eaters greatly in any future problems they may come into. Her list of ingredients could not be commonly found in any old apothecary; she had to go to where the scum of the earth were to get the ingredients for some unknown potion, and its antidote. She had scribbled onto a piece of parchment what she wanted, and she had a pocked full of gold that she had just mugged off some poor ol' sap in Brightstone Village on her way here.
Ingredients:

-Belladonna
-Aconite
-Acromantula Venom
-Bezoar
-Doxy Eggs

The list went on and on, and she had all day to get her ingredients. She was wearing her classic stiletto shoes, along with a pearl-coloured cloak, not wanting to get too hot with a dark, bulky one. She walked with her head held high, and kicked away at beggers that didn't have what she wanted.

The last time Leah had been in The Dark Part of The Alley, she had come across Luxen. For reasons unknown she just had to come back. Thinking of Link Woods, had forced her feet to take her to this god awful place. Leah's arms were crossed, her wand stayed in the pocket of her jeans, for she was not worried about anyone attacking her in the light of day. Her thoughts were stuck on Link Woods. Where was he? Should she send him another letter?

All of these thoughts were broken as she saw a highly attractive female kicking at beggars as she walked by them. Leah chuckled lightly, enjoying the sight. It wasn't everyday that you saw someone abusing beggars. "Having fun?" She asked out loud.

Aphrodite raised her eyebrow before turning to the young girl that just spoke to her. She completely ignored the girls question, "What is such a young girl doing in such a bad part of the alley? Did you get lost from your mother dearest?" She asked mockingly, sneering at the girl, who was out of water in Aphrodite's eyes. She found one person who she was looking for, unfortunately right next to the nosy child. She quickly mumbled the code word for one of her ingredients, and handed him a handful of the precious metals she had jingling in her pockets. She put her ingredient, that was in a burlap bag, inside one of her enchanted pockets.

Leah rolled her eyes, allowing the remark to slide. She had gotten many comments of the like, because of her age. Another one just like it did not hurt her anymore than the others. "I come here often, actually." Leah replied. She watched the older woman pay for her selected item and waited until their conversation was finished. "Since you are buying things in this particular place, I dare say that I do not have to ask you what you are doing here."

"You are correct in that." Aphrodite said, glaring at the girl, as though she was piercing right through her. She took a few steps towards her, and said, "But I do have business in asking you what you are doing here. We don't need kids here, though I'm sure you've heard that often." She sneered, tossing her hair to the side. "Though I must commend you for your being brave enough to venture here, not knowing what there is waiting at the other side, but for what?" Aphrodite asked, realising that she was being a bit profound in the way she was speaking, and rolled her eyes at herself. She was becoming more like her mother, which is not what she wanted.

Leah stood her ground as the woman inched near her. Her thoughts flew to the wand stuck in her jeans pocket, but she ignored that, not wanting to whip it out at every opportunity. Leah frowned when the lady mentioned that they did not need kids here in Bleak Street. "I am aware of that." She crossed her arms, feeling silly by them just hanging at her side. "I am just wandering, honestly. No other reason than that." Leah felt no need to explain why she came back here, after that terrifying night. As far as she knew, this woman had no business prying.

"You're quite, the spunky little child, aren't you?" Aphrodite snickered aloud. She knew that the girl attended Hogwarts, for it was the closest school there, but she was surprised that she hadn't recognised the student, since she did teach there only two years ago. Just as she had finished her thought, some dirty squib, Mortimer DeGough, she was sure it was him, came and grabbed at her own foot. "You little rascal!" She said threateningly. Taking out her wand, she aimed it at the poor filthy blooded squib, and with a quiet shot of ice blue, he was expelled backwards, and knocked into another vendor, who then continued to attack at him for breaking his 'goods'.

Aphrodite then looked back at the girl, and couldn't help but feel a bit sorry for her. If she ended up in this dump at such a young age, she was sure to take a wrong move somewhere and end up like the scum here. "How old are you?" She asked monotonously, putting her wand back into her robe. If she could bear to stay here with this scum, then why wouldn't she have the Death Eater potential? Aphrodite wanted to see how far she could go.

The woman continued to taunt her. Although the show of spellwork did not bother her. She could not stand the scum that crowded around the street. She briefly wondered where they had been when Luxen had targeted her and Link. Perhaps they had been there the whole time, and she had simply not noticed them. "Actually, I am seventeen, and not a child." Leah countered. She smirked at the man who was being tortured by the vendor. This was quite the show.

Aphrodite studied the girls' face, her reaction to the torture was one she hadn't even seen from her own sister. She then looked at the man, who had just been released, and crawled back into the hole he came from, then turned back to the newly turned adult. "Torture and evil, it pleases you?" She asked, putting on a surprised face, though in truth she wasn't surprised and couldn't care about this girl any less, but she didn't let on her true feelings.

Leah stared at the woman still not breaking her gaze. She did not fear this woman, although she had an intimidating aura about her. "It pleases me a great deal." She replied, with a smirk. In fact, it did. She had become someone who enjoyed the torture of people who deserved it. Especially muggles. They did not deserve their lives, for anyone without magic was diminished in her eyes. "Why do you ask?"

"You seem as though you might be, well, a Death Eater. Dare I say the word!" Aphrodite exclaimed, though she knew very well that this girl was not a Death Eater, for two reasons: She was too young, and Aphrodite knew of all the Death Eaters. With a wild expression on her face, she said in a hushed voice, "You're not one of them are you? Or at least one in training?" On the inside she was very curious to see how this girl would respond to such an accusation, wanting to know if this girl truly did want to become a Death Eater, so desperately, that she would say she already was one.

Leah's eyes narrowed suspiciously. For one, this woman was already consorting with the dark arts by being here. And another thing, she was attacking people in this alley way. Leah was not so sure what to say, however she was aware that perhaps this woman was trying to pull the wool over her eyes. For a moment, she wondered if the lady was a deatheater, and the thought intimidated Leah.

She shrugged, deciding to go the safe route. You never knew who was on your side, and who wasn't. Leah was not so stupid as to clearly pronounce what she wanted to become to a random stranger. "You never know." She finally answered. "Are you one of them?"

Aphrodite laughed mockingly. "What would you do if I said I was? Go to the Aurors?" Aphrodite looked around and it was getting darker. She had a gut feeling that she was no longer safe in these alleyways that she once called home. "You are probably better off leaving these alleys. Something worse than what I'd like might happen." She said, with for the first time in years, worry in her eyes. She covered herself up with her robe, and began to push the girl in the direction she had come from.

Without word, she took her wand in her empty hand, and flicked it at two of the vendors that were in the alleyway. Instantly, they both started to viciously attack each other, and Aphrodite smiled on the inside. The way she was thinking, was that if she could get the girl to trust her, then she could get her to do anything she wanted, and she was hoping it would work.

(I hope that's not Godmodding, if it is I'll edit)

"Actually, no." Leah reassured her, although she knew the woman could probably care less if she did. "Whatever your profession or hobby is, is your business." She studied the woman and wondered why her expression had suddenly changed. By instinct she looked around for Luxen, and was relieved not to see him. By being on Bleak Street, there was always the chance of running into that Dark Presence.

Before she could say anything, Aphrodite pushed her into another direction. "And why are you shoving me?" She asked curiously. "I can take care of myself, you know."

((Nope, I don't really consider it god modding.))

"Contrary to what you may think, there probably was a chance that you would have gotten hit in their argument." Aphrodite said smugly, nodding her head in the direction of the fight she started, magically. "They don't care who they take down. In fact, Mikhael over there, hit his own son once." She exclaimed, and began to walk ahead of her, then turned around and faced her once again. "What is your name, anyway? I'm Aphrodite." She said, putting out her hand in a friendly way. She discreetly put her wand away so that it wouldn't be known that she was using magic at that second. She could hear the two men still arguing, and some spells flying across the alleyway, and she resisted the urge to grin.

"Perhaps." Leah admitted in monotone. She knew she could take care of herself when it came to weak and pathetic wizards such as the vendors on Bleak Street, but she still had no wish to take part in a common street brawl. Leah shook her head when she heard that one of the vendors had hit there own son. "Hm. Never would have thought." She said sarcastically, glancing over at the action for a few seconds.

Leah took Aphrodite's hand and shook it shortly before withdrawing her own hand. "Leah." She introduced herself, neglecting to tell Aphrodite her last name. She had found out that most people did no disclose their last names on this street, and she could see why.

Keeping her voice in a nicer, warmer tone, Aphrodite continued with her questions, as she wrapped herself up with her cloak. "So, Leah, what brings you to Bleak Street. No doubt that you can defend yourself, but this isn't Brightstone." She inquired, with a small grin. Her curiosity was always at its highest, wanting to gain every bit of knowledge that she could. She also got lucky on the fact that actors ran in her family like water in a river; her acting helped her get what she needed to know.

"Me, I'm just doing some shopping. You see, I'm a potions master; ex-hogwarts professor, and I'm trying to make myself famous and rich by inventing a new potion." She said, her eyes sparkling in the phony ambition. It was half-true. She was shopping for ingredients for a potion. Just not a good potion. "There are some ingredients you can only get here, unfortunately." She said in a hushed tone, cupping her hands around her mouth.

Leah stared at Aphrodite, her mouth parting slightly. It seemed to her that the woman gave off a false aura of trustworthiness, an attempt to draw Leah in to divulge of her most precious secrets. Perhaps not, but that was what it seemed to her. It was to bad for Aphrodite that Leah was no another ignorant and foolish young woman, like most her age. "Indeed, it certainly is not Brightstone." She agreed. "It's somewhere a lot quieter than that place.... somewhere a lot more... shall we say... interesting?" She suggested.

"An interesting fact about you. Why are you no longer a potions professor?" Leah paused, for effect. She was beginning to grow even more suspicious of the woman. "Obviously you are still interested in the art of potion making."

Aphrodite gave a small smile. Quite the nosy child here, I see. She thought to herself as she put her hands on her waist. "Teaching isn't for everyone." She responded monotonously, and looked off in another direction. She kept walking a bit more, headed for a narrower alley with a few garbage cans and lots of dirt. She couldn't shake off the feeling that she was being watched. "You know, if you're interested, I could use a little help making my potions." She proposed, as she put her cloak over her head, getting ready to apparate. She was feeling a little queasy and left her own brewed potion for uneasiness at home.

It did not occur to Leah to refuse to help Aphrodite. It seemed pointless to say no, because Leah wanted to know who this woman was, and what she was up to. For some reason, the thought that perhaps Aphrodite was a death eater popped into her mind. She did not say anything, however, for the time would come where if she was one, it would be revealed.
"Yes, I will help you." Leah actually enjoyed potions when she was in school, and pondered exactly what kind of potion the woman wanted to make.

Excellent. Aphrodite thought to herself, as Leah accepted. Though, she knew not to underestimate her, remembering how conniving she was at that age. "I'm not sure what potion I want to make, very ambitious, I know." She said in a casual tone to Leah. "What kind of potion do you think would be inventive and useful to the wizarding world?" She asked, though she knew very well what kind of potion it was she wanted to make, she didn't let on. "You seem interested in potion making, is that what you want to be as you, well, mature more?" She asked kindly, feeling sick to her stomach. She wasn't sure if her feeling sick was her baby, or the fact that she was being so fake it was disgusting her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back