Not You Again

Heather Danville

OOC First Name
Lauren
It was rare for Heather to find any spare time in between her classes and studying with Gabriella, there was barely any time to relax. Luckily, she had a spare half an hour before she and Gabriella had planned to meet up in the Library so she decided to take in the sun in the Courtyard for a while. She was enjoying herself somewhat when she saw a familiar face walk past her and she instantly felt that horrible sick feeling in her stomach that some people called butterflies? Ugh, definitely not. Luckily, it didn't seem like the boy had seen her so she quickly turned her head and tried to avoid his gaze. The last thing she wanted was to speak to Jackson Cade today,

Jackson was bored of studying, that along with Quidditch practice were the only things he ever did and it was getting tedious. Needing a break from the books Jackson left the common room and ventured outside. He loved the grounds but he never did much that brought him outside. Jackson took a deep breath of fresh air and was about to take a seat and relax when he noticed a familiar face walk by. Heather. He sighed, debating if he would talk to her. He wasn't sure but after the Valentines ball she was all he could think about. "Heather!" He called. Jackson's eyes widened in horror, hopefully she wouldn't hear him.

Heather closed her eyes "crap!" so he did see her after all and now she would have to go and talk to him. She took a deep breath and turned to the Ravenclaw boy. "Jackson Cade... I haven't seen you since the Valentine's Dance. Tell me, how are you and that charming girlfriend of yours?" she asked the boy, crossing her arms and feigning all the confidence she could muster. Usually she wouldn't have to fake it but something about this boy made her nervous, maybe it was the fact that he really didn't like her despite all the effort Heather had been putting in.

Jackson was momentarily confused when Heather started throwing the word girlfriend around and then he remembered what she interrupted the night of the dance. Jackson hadn't spoken to Alexis since that night, something he suspected Heather would be happy about. "She wasn't my girlfriend, she still isn't," Jackson said. "Why do you care so much anyway?" He asked. Jackson was still confused why Heather had wanted to steal him away from Alexis for a dance and after their dance he was still non the wiser.

Why did Heather's heart feel lighter when Jackson revealed that Alexis wasn't his girlfriend? She absolutely hated this feeling, not being in control was the worst. His next question took her by surprise, mainly because she didn't have an answer for him. Why did she care so much? Heather rolled her eyes "I don't care" she snapped "I'm just making conversation" she added, crossing her arms. "Definitely makes things easier when she's not around" she pondered. The Ravenclaw girl seemed to pop up every time Heather and Jackson were engaged in conversation and it was the most frustrating thing.

The more Heather talked the more confused Jackson became. Her words didn't seem to match her actions, James had always told him that girls were strange creatures who said one thing but thought another but if his cousin was able to understand them he was not. Everything Heather said further confirmed that Jackson already thought, that heather didn't like him and yet she always seemed be around. In their current situation he was the one who had called her over when he saw her, perhaps she didn't even want to be there with him. "If you say so," Jackson said further confused by her feelings toward Alexis. "I'm sorry if I'm bothering you, I just wanted to say hi but I can leave you alone,"

Alexis has just been from the pitch and took the long route back to the common room when she spotted Jackson Cade at the courtyard. He seemed to be talking to someone but she could not clearly see the face as the boy was blocking them. Last they spoke was at the Valentines Dance just before a girl from Slytherin by the name of Heather interrupted them. Waving at Jackson as she was nearing him,"Jackson,hi!",the second year greeted him before her blue eyes caught Heather who was apparently talking to Jackson. "Oh.",she trailed off,with her only a few steps from the pair.

Heather was about to protest and try to stop Jackson from leaving when they were joined by Alexis, of course. She rolled her eyes as the Ravenclaw began to walk over to the two of them "Alexis... I thought you wouldn't be far away" she commented, loud enough for the Ravenclaw to hear. She raised her eyebrow at Jackson, nothing's happening huh?" she thought to herself. The lightness she felt only moments ago had been replaced by a sick feeling in her stomach the closer Alexis came. Heather crossed her arms and waited for the explanation/excuse from Jackson.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back