Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Straight as a Bendy Straw
Wand
Curly Eight Inch slightly springy Rosewood with a unicorn hair core
Damien had finally gotten it arranged. Dinner at the Eiffel Tower and a cruise down the Seine. It was a popular tourist package, but he didn't mind. It was sure to sweep Danielle off her feet. He sat at his table, early, waiting for Danielle to arrive. But as the candle burned down and people began to leave the restaurant for the cruise, Damien knew he had no hopes of seeing the woman tonight. He held back tears, paying his bill before slipping out into the night.

He tried again the next night, with something a little different. He was a little disappointed with the night before- but he had planned a three-night proposal to really sweep Danielle off her feet. The Eiffel tower had been the first night. Tonight, Fiola at Dopolavoro Venezia in Venice, Italy. It was a beautiful restaurant, with amazing food and a beautiful view. What was more romantic than a night in Venice after a night in Paris? He sighed as he took his seat- alone. Danielle had promised to be here. But... she wasn't. Again. He ordered something light in hopes of easing his spirit, but it didn't help.

The third night was his last hope. He held out a small hope that this would be it- that she would meet him at L'Artusi in New York. But again... no Danielle. Damien wandered the streets of New York for a while, alone. The night grew darker. Eventually, the man had found himself in Central Park. Sighing, he fell onto a nearby bench and hung his head. That was it. The perfect proposal, just... gone. He had put so much effort into it, tried so hard to make everything absolutely breathtaking. And he'd had to watch as it all fell apart without her.

Damien ran his hands through his hair, locking them behind his neck as he sat there in the dark, alone. Bent over in his seat, he held back the tears. This was not how it was supposed to go. Where was she?

Dani was beyond frustrated. She had been trying her best to worm out of the intense practice Dexter was putting them through. He was particularly stern with her saves. She already gave her best and asked to skip the three-day workout but no luck. She could not even get to her phone to call her boyfriend. Damien had planned something since he asked her to meet him in Paris. The next night was Italy, and that night would be in New York.

The moment practice ended, the woman apparated without even changing. She did not know why but she appeared in Central Park. Looking around for the direction of L'Artusi, her green eyes caught sight of a heartbreaking moment. This time, she could not believe that she was the one to cause it. Rushing over, she knelt in front of Damien who was slumped on a bench. "D-Damien?", she said softly. Her heart already ached, waiting for him to lift his head and meet her gaze. "Darling...I-I'm sorry...", she whispered.

Damien froze as a voice broke the silence. Danielle. His gut twisted painfully and he looked away from her, not even lifting his gaze to her. He stood quickly and moved away from her, hands in his pockets. His shaking fingers enclosed around the box in his pocket. "Do you even- you don't have any idea how-" He tried to start a few times, but stuttered to a stop each time. He kept his back turned to her so she couldn't see the pain on his face.

"You weren't there, " He finally managed softly. "I waited. For hours. For nothing." His voice broke a little and he cleared his throat, running his hand through his hair. "You could have called. Texted. Anything"

Her heart wrenched at Damien's distance from her. She understood. She was at fault here. Setting her bag on the bench, she listened to the silent breeze until she heard his voice. She did not need to see his face to feel the pain. They've been together and been through a lot for her to be in tune of his emotions, just like the way he was considerate of her.

Slowly, with careful steps, she approached him from behind until she was just a foot away. She kept her silence and listened to him. When his voice broke, that is when her tears fell. She vowed to herself to never be the cause of this man's pain. To be his steady rock in difficult times. She slowly wrapped her arms around his torso, giving him a hug from behind. She was cautious and afraid that he might reject her at that moment. "I wanted to be there. I love to be there. With you. I'm sorry.", she apologized, her voice broke. "You might think they are excuses but I really tried to leave the practice. I am even willing to be kicked off the team just to leave. I should have texted, called. Dexter was being hard on us.", she sounded frustrated, angry of herself for not succeeding in finding a way. "Darling, I'm really, really sorry. Let me make it up to you.", she said, leaning her head against his back, stifling the sobs that she did not want him to hear.

Damien stiffened as Dani wrapped her arms around him. He shut his eyes, her pain only adding to his own. He groaned in aggravation, twisting in her arms and taking her face in his hands. He kissed her briefly before leaning his forehead against hers. "You don't get it, you don't understand," He ranted, voice rough, "This wasn't just a-" He bit his lip and let go, stalking away again and running both hands through his hair. He didn't notice that he'd dislodged the little box and his notes with it, leaving them on the dark ground by Dani's feet. "Just- just forget it. It doesn't matter anymore." He spat out angrily, "You don't care enough to- no, I don't mean- I just- gah! I can't do this right now with you," He kicked a pebble angrily. "Gunna have to start over again," He muttered to himself before quickly apparating away. He needed time to cool his head before he ruined everything.

Dani's tears kept falling even when Damien turned to take her face in his hands. His kiss was brief and it pained her. She understood the frustration he was in. This never happened to them and she could only blame herself. "Damien, I-", she was cut off when she heard him getting angrier. She looked up only to see him kick a pebble and muttering about having to start over again. The woman was not able to take a step closer when he quickly apparated. Dani was left all alone in the park, letting herself let go of the sadness she felt. She sank to the ground, crying until she felt something brush her knee. Looking closer, she saw a box and some notes. She opened to find the most beautiful ring her green eyes laid on. She did not need to read them to understand everything. The pain even intensified when she recalled his last words before leaving. Wiping her eyes away, the former Puff was now determined to make things right. This was the least she could do for the man who was always there for her.

Danielle was more than determined to make this right. An apology for the pain she caused the man who had been already her greatest fan in everything she did. This was the only way she hoped would mend what she broke. His heart and happiness. She was overwhelmingly happy when Damien did all this for her. This time, Damien would be on the receiving end.

She laid a beautifully wrapped box on the table along with a box of pizza beside it. Inside was the latest issue of the fashion magazines he mostly read on. The way he prepared a good book and a box of pizza for her, Danielle also placed a single pink rose on top of the box. A note was also attached on the rose. "Dinner for your tummy. Magazines for your fashion soul. A pink rose to touch your gentle heart. I'm sorry." Kissing the note, Danielle apparated out of the house the moment she heard Damien about to come down from the bedroom upstairs. It was insanely hard for her to leave without seeing him but she had to give him his space.

The next day, early morning, Danielle laid a carefully folded green and blue blanket on Damien's couch. On top of it was a backstage pass to one of the fashion shows of his favorite designer. She smiled, remembering the blanket she found on her sofa as well as the ticket to a play she loved, courtesy of the wonderful man asleep upstairs. She was tempted to check on him and place a chaste kiss on his cheek. On the last minute, she apparated upstairs inside his room. Seeing his peaceful face, Danielle could not resist it, she softly kissed his cheek, pushing the hair from his face before apparating out before he stirred away.

The next night was the night before her big surprise. Although, it would not be a surprise anymore since it was Damien who planned this first. She commissioned one of her mother's designers to tailor a suit with a color that matched her eyes. Fabien, her gay designer friend, squealed upon seeing Damien's photo. She would agree though that he was handsome. She would give credit to Fabien for having a good eye on measurements. With the box in hand, she gently placed it on his bed with a note. "Wear this tomorrow night. I'll be there. Trust me. I miss you." She also sent the address to his phone. Le Jules Verne. She had already commissioned the owner, who was secretly a Harpies fan, to reserve the whole restaurant for that evening. She went home to spend the time alone until the time they would see each other again.

Damien had been tossing and turning all night, unable to sleep or forget what he'd said to Danielle. Guilt churned in his gut. He shouldn't have been so upset. Sighing, he finally threw the blankets off and padded his way downstairs. He reached into the fridge but pausing as he turned and saw the things on his table. He cocked his head to the side, brows furrowing as he didn't immediately understand the things on the table. He stepped closer and actually laughed as it registered. Worry faded from his mind as he read the note. Dani wasn't furious with him. He could still salvage this. He opened the pizza and flipped through the magazines as he ate. Judging by the replica of the last surprise he'd done, this wasn't over.

He wasn't surprised when he came down the next morning to find more gifts. He wrapped up in the blanket as he sipped his mocha. Aw, Dani knew him so well. He thoroughly enjoyed his day at the fashion show. He would have to find a good way to repay her. The next night was the final step. He had to admire the suit as he slipped it on. He knew she didn't go through Tyra for this, though he did have to wonder over the handiwork.

It was as he was getting ready to leave that he realized something terrible- he'd lost the ring. Panicked, he searched the house, but to no avail. The Accio charm did nothing, so that made him believe he had lost it in Central Park. Had Dani found it? Did she know? Or had someone taken it?

He apparated to the address she'd given, worried sick. He opened his eyes and ran a hand through his hair, agitated. "Dani?" He called out, his voice cracking with anxiety. He cleared his throat as his eyes scanned the room, not immediately seeing her.

Last edited:
Danielle was nervous about that night. She was already there in the shadows and clearly heard Damien came in and called out for her. The box and the notes were safely on the table beside the chair where she would sit for a special song for him. Smoothing the dress one last time, she carefully made her way to the chair. She tried to avert her eyes off him for she knew she would stop and just stare at him all night long. The guitar on her hand was her line to her sanity, reminding her why she was doing this. All for the man standing in the middle of the room. In position, she started playing the opening chords, finally holding his gaze. She gave him a soft smile before she started singing.

A dangerous plan, just this time
A stranger's hand clutched in mine
I'll take this chance, so call me blind
I've been waiting all my life
Please don't scar this young heart
Just take my hand

I was made for loving you
Even though we may be hopeless hearts just passing through
Every bone screaming (I don't know what we should do)
All I know is, darling, I was made for loving you

Hold me close
Through the night
Don't let me go, we'll be alright
Touch my soul and hold it tight
I've been waiting all my life
I won't scar your young heart
Just take my hand

'Cause I was made for loving you
Even though we may be hopeless hearts just passing through
Every bone screaming I don't know what we should do
All I…

Picking up her wand beside the ring box and the notes, she wordlessly charmed them to float toward Damien. She went back to strumming the melody, she was watching him with misty eyes. As the song died away, she slowly treaded her steps until she was a few feet away from him. "You don't have to start all over again.", were the only words she said, all the time looking at him in the eyes.

Damien turned his head as he sensed movement out of the corner of his eye. His jaw dropped as he saw Dani, breath catching in his throat. She looked gorgeous. He stood frozen in place as she sat and began to sing, her eyes locking with his. "Danielle," He breathed, his heart pounding in his chest. His eyes didn't break from hers as he snatched the box and notes from the air. He slid the notes into his pocket, leaving the box in his hand. He smiled shyly at her as she came closer, not moving until she stood right in front of him.

"Danielle," He whispered, placing a sweet and chaste kiss to her cheek. "I'm sorry for my behavior the other night." He whispered in her ear. He took a small step back, taking one of her hands in his and dropping down to one knee. "I suppose you already know what I have to ask." He gave her a sly smile.

Dani closed her eyes as she felt Damien's lips on her cheek. The kiss was different from the last time. Happiness and love were poured into that kiss. Looking at him knelt down and took her hand into his, she was kind of expecting to hear what he wrote in the notes. She did not read them as she wanted to hear them from him. But his next words disappointed her but not in a way she was annoyed. She let out a hearty laugh at what he said. "Oh, darling.", she pulled him up. Stepping closer, she felt his pocket for the notes and took them out. "I know you did not write them just to be pocketed.", she chuckled. "And I purposely not read them because...", she placed a kiss on his cheek. "I want to hear them from you.", she gave him her sweetest smile.

Damien chuckled as Dani pulled him to his feet and teased him. "What can I say?" He asked softly, leaning in and feathering kisses across her face and neck, punctuating each kiss with another compliment. "You're sweet. Gorgeous. Smart. Funny. Talented. Classy. Laid-back. Kind. Brilliant. Understanding." He placed a chaste kiss to her lips. "You're perfect, Danielle. At least, perfect for me." He leaned his forehead against hers, wrapping his arms around her waist and opening his eyes to stare into hers. "And I want you to marry me."

Danielle laughed even more as she felt tickled from his sweet kisses. "Damien! It tickles!", she playfully protested. Her laughter died down as she responded to the kiss she received from her boyfriend. She melted from all his sweet words. They may be just words but there were more than for her. She wrapped her arms around his neck as his arms circled her waist. Holding his gaze, Danielle gasped at his next words. Marry him. Damien Gates wanted to marry her. Danielle Corelli. Stroking his cheek, she gave her fiance her loveliest smile. "Seems you'll be stuck with me for a long time, Mr. Gates. ", teasing him. "Yes, I'll marry you.", she declared with a laugh, leaning into his chest in happiness.

Damien smiled as Dani protested that it tickled and kissed her again just to hear her sweet giggle. He couldn't help the grin that spread across his face as she teased him. He brought his hand up to cover hers. She had no sooner said yes than he kissed her passionately. After several moments he wrapped both arms around her waist, spinning her around and whooping loudly. He set her back on her feet and buried his face in her neck, holding her close. "I love you, Dani-bear. Forever." He whispered.

Danielle squealed even more in happiness. Laughter filled the interior of the restaurant as the couple celebrated another milestone of their relationship. "Dani-bear?", she chuckled. She paused to think of what she could answer to that. "I love you too, Dami-bear. Forever and a day." She was teary eyed but they were tears of joy. For the man in front of her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back