Not welcome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew Bruke

Andrew had no intention to strike up a chat with Mallory Malkin or Mortimer Bones. However after being convinced by Adira, his girlfriend that he ought to talk with them since they had arrived to see him graduate he made his way towards them, his face remaining cold and emotion less. He was going to talk, to make Adira happy but what he would say was still his choice. He wanted them to know that he didn't want to see them again and they shouldn't try search for them in future or come when uninvited for instance today.

Although Salem Bruke, Andrew's mother had been best friends with Mallory and had asked Mallory for secrecy in hiding the whereabouts of Andrew's father, Andrew thought he had full right of knowing everything and was no longer wanting to keep any sort of relationship with Mallory for hiding his father's dwelling place. Of course she didn't know that Andrew had succeeded in finding and killing his father, that was a surprise he was to reveal to Mallory today.

Mallory’s face lit with a smile as she watched Andrew come to her. She was so proud of him, he was able to conquer his bad side and had decided to come back and talk. “Hello Andrew. It has been such a long time” she said with her motherly affectionate note as she stroked the cheek of the young man who had once been a little boy. “How much I missed you” she said as she embraced her boy into a hug. “I am so proud, you’ve graduated from Hogwarts” she said happily. She wondered if Adira had convinced Andrew to do this, if yes than she was surely a fine girl.

Andrew did not want to create a scene over here so he allowed Mallory to stroke his cheek and hug him or else he would just have cursed her but he wasn’t going to do all that in front of her boyfriend or husband, Mortimer. “It has been a long time but I am afraid this shall be the last you see of me” he said in his cold tone as he got free of the hug. With an evil smirk playing on his lips he taunted “I guess you’ll be having kids of your own soon to take care of or is that not possible now because you are growing old?” Two years ago, Andrew could have tortured himself for speaking this way to his adoptive mother but time had changed him and he no longer cared for Mallory’s feelings or emotions.

“You could just adopt someone else and play mommy” he said and his words were followed with a mocking laughter. “I wasn’t aware that an invitation was sent to you, are you from Zazuka’s side because I certainly didn’t invite you here” he said as he loosened his tie and grabbed a drink for himself from one of the passing elfs.

Mallory was very shocked and sad to hear such words of insults from Andrew. She was mistaken he was still angry at her, maybe now more than ever. As she was taunted of not being able to have kids of her own tears struck her eyes and she felt like Andrew was putting daggers through her heart. He had grown more cold and unfriendly to her and she didn’t want it to be like this.

Wiping away her tears she said “We are here for both you and Zazuka” she told him hoping that somehow he would be convinced that Mallory had never thought or meant any harm to him. “Please Andrew do not do this to yourself, you can do better than hate, this is not how it should be” she told him as she watched him take his drink. She could not believe how much he had changed in the past two years, she wished she could take time back and set things right. “How have you been after coming back from Scotland?” she asked him very concerned about his health and well being.

Andrew frowned as he watched Mallory’s eyes filled with tears, all fake show off emotion. “You could keep the tears to yourself, no one is interested in your emotion show” he told him his eyes drifting to Adira who was seating alone in one of the benches awaiting him. He didn’t want to waste his time talking to Mallory and hearing her talk nonsense to him.

“You’re right; it couldn’t have been this way if you wouldn’t have hidden things from me. You can blame yourself for my state if you wish and rot in pain till you die” he said as he took another sip of his drink and then with a disgusted look he told Mallory “I’m afraid I don’t have time or else I could have killed you myself.”

Mallory eyes were full now, tears rolling down her cheeks as she tried to control herself. “This is no show Andrew, your mother has given me your responsibility and I care for you, can’t you believe that after all I have done for you?” she asked him in disbelief. Could he not see how much she cared for him? He was right, it was her fault. But it was done and nothing could change that.

“Kill me if you shall, but I know you cannot kill because you have well in you although you may not see it” she told him. She was going to try her best to convince him because she knew that if she would lose him today she wouldn’t be able to see him again and she couldn’t let that happen.

Andrew laughed his cold laugh as he heard her talk about care and love. “You forget that I am of age now and am free to do as I will. My mother was a fool of ruining her blood for a filthy man” he said angrily to her. Andrew had always felt pity for her mother which had led to make him like her but after knowing that she had ruined her pureblood line to marry a muggle he felt ashamed of his identity.

“You are mistaken Mallory, I am capable of killing” he said as his emerald eyes shone dangerously and a smirk appeared on his face. “Yes, I have succeeded in capturing my father, holding him prisoner and torturing him to death last year” he said, glad of his deeds. “You don’t know me after all, do you?”He asked her with a mocking tone. “Foolish to waste your life behind a child that isn’t yours, Mallory” he said as he played with his glass. “I recommend spending time with your husband in bed and trying to have one of your own” he added. He was immensely enjoying insulting Mallory and showing her the low position she held in Andrew’s life.

At this moment Mallory felt like sinking into the ground. She had failed Salem and had raised Andrew to become evil unlike his mother’s wish. “You know how love is Andrew, you love Adira yourself. Can’t you forgive your mother for love towards your father?” she asked him trying to put some sense into him. She was petrified as she heard him say that he had killed his father. Mallory had always thought that the good side won, that Andrew had humanity in him but knowing this changed things.

“I don’t know you, not now Andrew, you have changed into something I could never imagine” she said angry and sad at him. She turned away her face for she could no longer face him. She had just seen his evil side, she knew it was present but she hadn’t expected it to be controlling him so much. “Oh, I’ll have my kids, don’t worry of that” she told him as she pointed her wand at his chest. She didn’t care about the few heads that had turned their way. “You are turning into a monster, don’t allow that” she told him her voice raised.

Andrew shook his head. “Maybe I would forgive my mother, I never knew her to understand her but with you it was different. I trusted you” he told her as fire danced in his eyes because he was very angry at her. “Love isn’t blinds as the saying goes. You don’t love trash! Adira is beautiful, elegant and has a good family background” he told her.

“Glad you accept it. Time changes everything” he told her as he pushed away the wand that was pointed at him. “I’ve changed and I am joining the dark side as you might call it. Always put as an orphan, poor boy but I am welcomed there and you’ll see for yourself how I succeed in perishing muggles and muggleborns. I am enjoying my monster-self and I will not only allow it but welcome it happily” he told her hoping this would shut her forever.

“You can blame yourself for my condition if you will, die in pain but never try to search for me again” he said as he gave one last,long, angry look to his ‘adoptive mother’ “Excuse me, I have more important people waiting for me” he said and turned on his heel and walked away to join Adira. He would never see that traitor woman again, never.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back