Not the ideal first date

Deimos Ares

The moon hung low in the dark navy sky above. The deep purple clouds melted before the moon. The silvery stars shone.
"Come on." Deimos said impatiently to the darkness.
He wanted it to hurry up as he was forced to stand in the center of a pitch black forest, wand-less and with no shoes upon his feet.. Well, they were his only pair and something or someone might steal them while he was off ripping out deer organs.

He could feel the light tingle of change setting in but the moon was still blocked a little by cloud.
With a few more minutes to go, Deimos hummed to himself in the darkness.
There was a light cracking of twigs and he turned.
If it was a deer then it only had a few minutes to live, if it was a witch or wizard.. Well, Deimos may only have a few minutes.
"Who's there?" He said, his voice a little shaky.
He would have to rely on his muscles for protection.
"Look, whoever that is.. Get away.. Go, now."
He was almost shouting into the darkness.

The night time was beautiful, one of Kyra's favorite parts of the day. She had decided; for recreational purposes, to go for a jog that night. She had no clue how much she might regret it. Her feet pound the ground, and she allowed herself to loosen up; shrouded in the dark from anyone who might see her in the day. She tried her best to avoid the big sticks; however, she still made plenty of noise. A twig snapped under her feet and she stopped.

That's when she heard his voice. She called back, "Deimos, is that you?" She was confused, why would he be out here? She walked through the clearing and stared at him; he was shoeless. "What are you doing here?"

Deimos felt his heart sink. He swore under his breath.
Why did it have to be her? Why her? He thought to himself, wishing it had been anyone else.
"I.. er.." He needed a moment to think up an excuse but the sands of time were slipping fast.
He could change at any minute.
"Listen," Deimos said, scraping at any hope that he could convince her to leave. "Please, go now.. I don't want to hurt you."
The look in his eyes was pained.
He had never felt this scared before.

He stuttered a little bit; she really wondered what was going on. She came closer. "What.. what's wrong?" She asked. "Why would you hurt me?" His eyes held pain; something she had never seen before with anyone. She frowned, was he okay. Was someone with him. it didn't look like it.

As Kyra got closer to Deimos, in the corner of his eyes he saw the clouds shifting. The moon was upon him.
"..Get back!" He shouted, his heart suddenly struck with pain. He clutched at it as he stumbled backwards.
His eyes darkened. "..Please.." He waved out his arm to balance as he fell against a tree, propped upright.
"Run.. Get out of here.. I'm a.. w-.." But Deimos could never finish that sentence as his heart began to grow and thump hard and fast.
His eyes became black as if they were empty holes. He tried to speak.
"Ky.. Ru.." His breath was in short bursts as his vocal chords suddenly rearranged.
His bones began to lengthen and he let out howling shrieks of pain.
There were only seconds before the transformation would be complete.

He shouted, scaring her slightly. She stumbled back her mouth completely agape. "D-Deimos?" She questioned. She knew; she could tell by the way the transformation was going. Had he taken his wolfsbane? Probably not; since he wanted her to leave so bad. She couldn't though. Not that she didn't wanted; she was just so struck with awe and fear that it made it impossible for her to move. His bones started to lengthen, and he was shrieking in pain. She crawled back a bit; still too distracted to go anywhere. She checked her person. Where was her wand?

She had left it at home...

Thick dark hair sprouted all over Deimos. His back made loud cracking noises as he was forced forward.
He was down on all fours, large paws had appeared where his hands should be and long sharp claws extended from them.
Deimos had lost almost all control over himself. He looked to Kyra. His vocal chords were altered as and he tried to speak, as he tried to tell her to run, a loud snarl emanated from his throat.
The clothes he had worn were still upon him but the wolf was not happy with this.
Deimos lost control completely as the yellow rings appeared in his black eyes.

The wolf was snarling, saliva dripping from its jaws.
It became immediately aware of the clothes still fixed on its body and clawed at them, ripping the shirt clean off and the jeans to shreds.
Once it was free of this, it turned its yellow eyes on the woman before it.
It moved towards her, its muscular shoulders so powerful that it could move quite fast
The wolf growled. It had found its first meal.

As the final transformations begun she found the courage to stand. But, it was way to late to run. A snarl made her jump, and she took a step back. The wolf had taken over. His dark eyes had a yellow ring around them. She was too close; if she could see that, she was way too close. She whimpered; she was terrified. She looked up; grabbing one of the branches, she attempted to hoist herself up.

The wolf was so hungry.
Its stomach ached with anticipation and drool dripped from its mouth.
It was watching her. It was watching this woman closely.
The wolf, though it could have run, prowled slowly towards the woman.
It watched as she tried to escape.
It was getting closer.
There would be no time for the woman to escape.. Surely?
But then..
A loud snap distracted the wolf and it reared its head round in the other direction.
A deer was nearby. A wounded deer.
The wolf would take this easy kill and then it would eat this woman.
It leapt through the darkness, a silent shadow, and it was a moment before the sounds of ripping flesh, crunching at bone and extreme salivation filled the night air.
It would only be a minute before the wolf would turn back and kill the woman.. But a minute was enough for a headstart.

She was still attempting to pull herself up when the wolf was distracted. Something was there, in the darkness. The wolf ran after it; giving her time. She hopped down and took off in a sprint. She just needed to get away; somewhere far away. She couldn't go home; Candy might get hurt. She really just needed a good place to hide. Seh splashed trough a stream; maybe that would cover some of her scent.

The wolf devoured the last scraps of delicious flesh on the deer before turning its attention back to the woman.. but..
There was a loud, long howling cry as the wolf realized the woman was gone.
Immediately, it began following her scent, racing across the forest floor, its powerful shoulder muscles pumping hard.
It was getting closer, it knew that.. So much closer.
The wolf salivated at the thought of this meal, racing faster and faster towards the woman until-
A stream blocked the scent.
The wolf stopped and stared with its yellow eyes.
The stream had weakened the scent a lot. The wolf stared.
It just stood there, watching the other side of the stream. In the darkness, somewhere, it knew that she was hiding.
After two or three minutes of just staring, the wolf began to slowly follow the stream in search of a new meal.

Her breathing was very heaving; labored. She could probably slow down now, but she wasn't going to risk it. Her sides hurt, she stumbled and fell. She pulled herself into a bush; praying that she would be left alone. it would only figure that the first guy she actually liked since the break up, was a werewolf. She couldn't ask for a normal, hot, guy. Oh no, she got a werewolf. She wasn't sure if she needed that in her life; but maybe... maybe she wanted it.

"I blame you." She whispered, hoping her ex could sense it.

Hours had passed. The sun was rising and a man was sleeping not far from the empty carcass of a stag by a stream completely naked.
As Deimos slowly regained consciousness, the familiar headache from his actions the previous night thundered through his mind.
"Argh." He gasped in pain, looking to his arm.
A trail of blood had dried and smudged over his right arm. It had trickled from the higher arm wound where he had obviously made contact with the stags strong antlers.

Deimos stood up. He could taste everything he had eaten. His stomach was turning over and he felt sick.
It was then he began to experience flashes of memory.. A woman.. He had seen a woman.. "Kyra!"
Deimos suddenly shouted out.
He began frantically turning round and round but then he froze and began tasting over every little flavor in his breath.
Deer.. Deer.. Stag.. But there seemed to be no taste like human flesh.
Therefore, Deimos assumed Kyra had survived.
"Kyra!" He shouted, leaping across the river and searching frantically.
He couldn't see her anywhere.
Maybe she'd managed to get clear of the place?
But no, he was sure she was still present.. His senses were still magnified and he could smell her close by.

Hours had passed, and Kyra had yet to doze off. She had moved from her spots in the bushes sometime over the night, into a tree. Her hair had some branches in it, and was starting to frizz from the slight humidity in the air. Deimos would probably be back to human by now; but she didn't want to take her chances. Maybe she would head home.

A shout, her name, echoed in the forest. it was a familiar voice, one that was very close. She jumped down from the tree, a tear appearing in her pants. She looked around for him. "Deimos!" She called out, so that he could find her. "I'm over here." What was she even doing? He was a werewolf. The essence of danger.

Deimos heard Kyra's reply and relief spread over him. He raced towards where her voice was but stopped suddenly by a bush.
He had just become aware of his nudity and made a point to grab several branches covered in leaves.
He managed to keep his dignity and continued moving swiftly to Kyra.

The first thing he did when he saw her face was apologize.
"I am so sorry," he said realizing by the state of her that she had had a rougher night than him.
"Are you alright? Did I hurt you? .. I should have told you sooner.. And I was going to but.."
Deimos did not know what to say.
He had purposely steered clear of social interaction before to avoid this exact situation.
He was so thankful that Kyra was alive.
Deimos wanted to avoid things like this and to cope with the current situation, he began to take an interest in his antler wound.
He poked a finger in it to check its depth.
It wasn't too bad. He had been more injured in the past though usually he had done it to himself.

Kyra could hear the grass and bushes move as Deimos approached. Even though he had branches covering himself, she still blushed and made a point to avert her eyes. She tried to keep the smile off of her face; and immediate reaction when she blushed. He apologized and asked if she was hurt.

"You didn't. Though I'ma have to go home and cure these bee stings." She looked at her arms. Unfortunately the first tree she had chosen had a very angry bee's nest in it. She said with a slight chuckle. She laughed when she was nervous, and this was one of those situations. She looked at him, and saw his wounds. "And i see i also have to help you with those wounds." She tried to smile, and push it off like it was nothing. However, she wondered if now that she knew, if he wouldn't want to be around her.

Deimos smiled.
Kyra was a wonderful person and that was why Deimos sighed.
He was interested in her but he knew that she could do so much better than a werewolf.
"I am truly sorry though," He said, sadness in his eyes.
"But it's not something I tend to divulge to people I've just met.. And we were getting on so well.. I didn't want to spoil it."

His sadness mad her feel bad; he hadn't hurt her, there was nothing to worry about. "Don't be sorry, I haven't spent the night in a tree since i was eight." She smiled at him. He was the first person that she couldn't help but smile around. Except for her family; whom always made her smile.

"Spoil it?" She asked with a slight laugh. "How would it spoil it; it's not everyday you meet a werewolf; and i don't think it's all bad. I mean if you take wolfsbane, you only have the appearance of a wolf, but are in control. So you could always get some..." She was rambling slightly, and her voice was more strained. She hadn't really slept at all that night. Noticing once again that he was in leaves, she asked, "you wanna come back to my place?" She asked, looking away again.

Deimos nodded a little shyly.
"That would be... great." He said, feeling awkward.
He really did like Kyra. The fact that she hadn't run away from him yet once in human form was surely a good sign.
"I'll erm.. I'll follow you." He said, eager to get somewhere and find some clothes.

((Sorry it's terrible. It's after midnight here :p ))

She giggled at him and nodded. "It's not far. I might have something you can wear too." She began walking so that he could follow her.

((That's fine; would you like me to start one at her place?))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back