OOC First Name
Clara
Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Single (Looking)
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
The Student Lounge was packed that week, but so was the library, which was the exact reason as to why Sara had decided to come here. They were almost done with the semester and therefore also exams. Sara finally managed to find a spot, however it wasn't completely empty. Shrugging, she took a seat near the window, on the other side of the student. Muttering to herself, the Slytherin placed her bag next to her on the sofa and opened it, taking out her charms textbook and a snack. She then took out her wand and hoping she wouldn't disturb the other person, she began to practice the spells quietly, concentrating on the wand movement and the pronunciation of the incantations. Sara was practicing the summoning charm, when she noticed an object that didn't seem to be anyone's, in fact it looked a bit abandoned. She summoned the game towards her, it looked like one of the muggle board games she used to play with her cousins before she came to Hogwarts. She caught it easily in her hands, and she grinned. That hadn't been bad.

Exams were underway for many at Hogwarts, so it's no surprised to see everyone packed in like sardines in the library and the student lounge. Two parts of the castle Syrus tried his best to avoid, doing his own studying when he wanted to. And if he didn't, well it was on him if he passed or not. He did his best and that's all that really mattered to him. One afternoon he decided to take a break from the little studying that he did manage to tackle in between classes, and went for the student lounge to take a break. He sneaked in a bag of gummy worms and chocolate candy bars with nuts in them. He snack down on his treats while fishing to play a board game. It was kinda weird when he found the game, actually there were a whole section of muggels games in the lounge he never took notice of before. The one he snagged was called Mage Knight. Consider himself curious about the game. He set himself up nearby some girl, a brunette wearing Slytherin robes. For some reason, he didn't see how she missed him getting ready to play the board game. The brunette girl summoned his board with her wand, catching with both hands. She was so impressed with herself, ignoring his presents even further. "Hey! Did you just take that board away from me?" Syrus called out after her. "That was a bit rude, don't ya think?" The boy walked over, snatching the board right from out of her hands. "I was going to play with it."

Sara was too impressed at her own achievement to notice that someone else was actually talking to her. So when she glanced up, her grin faded, replaced by an eyebrow raise. "Uh, no?" she tried, a little attentively. There hadn't been any sign of a name anywhere on the board, so technically, the board game wasn't his - even if the boy had mentioned, in fact, that he was about to play with it. "I don't see any name on this thing, so I did not actually take it away from you," she pointed out, still holding the game in her hands. She noticed that the boy was slightly older than her, but not by much she mused. "How was it rude? I didn't even see you," she said, trying not to laugh at his expression. Man, some people really did get frustrated easily. It was a one time thing, it wasn't like she did it on purpose. Sara barely had time to respond to his sarcasm about her actions being rude when he came right up to her and snatched the object out of her hands. "Talk about rude." She huffed, folding her arms. The third year rarely got angry at people she hardly knew, but this boy had been rude from the beginning, instead of telling her nicely that she'd done something wrong. But because he was saying it in such a way, convinced the brunette the only one at fault here was him, not her. "And sheesh, you could've just asked for it back. I was only practicing charms," Sara rolled her eyes. Annoyingly, she was starting to feel like her cousin and it wasn't a good sign.

OOC note: can I just mention that looking at his avatar I realise my character Athena's pb is passing him in the background? :p I just had to say something, sorry carry on.

Syrus went on rolling his eyes at the girl. "Did I said it was mine? And how would you know? You just took it from where I had it set up." Unfortunately, he easily tempered these days. Syrus can't help it. He a teen male, growing. And there were lots and lots of other things she could've practice her magic on rather than take the board game he had set his sights on to use. "Because that would be stupid and you wouldn't have learn your lesson." Syrus explain to her. She gave him a mixed expression of amusement or being quite annoyed with him. He really couldn't care how she felt. Ultimately, she caused this to happen in the first place. The fourth year stares her down, the board game clutch to his side now. "I could've done a lot worst, but I'm not an asshat like that." He warns the brunette. Syrus pulled back from her invading her space. No he wasn't. If she tried to attack, he would block her most definitely. He shifted his hand into his pocket, looking for his wand in case she so close as tempted to do anything to him.
OOCOut of Character:
I just realized that! Funny!

"I was only practicing with it, dude," she said, this conversation was already tiring her out. Seriously, playing a board game was a lot less important than improving your magical skills, which was exactly what Sara had been doing, even though what she'd been practicing wasn't something to her level but much more basic. She refrained from saying any of it to avoid further conflict. "Whatever," she said, in a tone that said she really wouldn't have cared less about learning her lesson. "I'm not normally this rude by the way," she pointed out, "unless I get annoyed." And with good reason, she thought. Sara had practically told the boy that she had been rude in the first place, something she hadn't wanted to do and she mentally face palmed at the realisation. She had been raised as polite and kind, but wasn't it normal to think respect was a two-way thing? Sara tried not to break the gaze as the Gryffindor stared her down, her own gaze matching his, despite him being taller than her. "Good to know you're not one," she muttered at his somewhat of a warning about being able to do much worse. Not wanting to argue anymore, the Slytherin pocketed her wand and took a seat on a different couch, purposefully avoiding the boy.

Brooding, the tall boy flared his nostril a bit. He would've went onto monk her accent and the way she said, 'dude', would've had him bending over laughing. Because as American, anyone else saying dude, was funny to him. And you could pretty much tell where his level of humor was set. Which didn't make sense why he was so actively trying to get at her. "Ha!" At her next comment he couldn't hold that in. "You mean unless you annoyed yourself, because that's what you pretty much did." The back and forth got tedious right away. He'll say a few more things before she went to sit some place else. Syrus huffs, throwing the board game across the table. "Now I'm not even gonna bother with this game anymore." He grumbles, taking his own seat around the student lounge. He suddenly feels guilty about talking down at her like that. It's becoming quite a habit with him and he's not liking it so much.

ooc: change him again and probably will one more time.

Sara was already tired of this argument and she rubbed her temples as the boy still seemed to hold the grudge against her. She didn't know how much time had passed since she had, apparently, taken the board game away from the Gryffindor. She almost jumped out of her seat when he exclaimed what sounded like victory. And for absolutely no reason, Sara burst out laughing, giggling like a mad person, maybe it was the discomfort of the situation that led to this, or maybe it was also the fact that she was tired from other things, or maybe it was a combination of both. "I‘m sorry," she apologised in instinct, then winced a little, remembering they were meant to be arguing. "Hey, I‘m not using the game anymore, it was your turn to use it first anyway. I am done practising with it." Sara wasn't entirely happy with the outcome of the day and she could be making a new friend instead of an enemy. "Um...my name‘s Sara," she tried.

Syrus shook his head, "Nah. It seems like a stupid game to begin with. Maybe next time." Her random outburst of laughter would've earn her a whole other look from Syrus. But like the board game and their pointless argument, Syrus dismissed it all together. It's kinda reminding him of his dad and the rest of his family when they used to host family game night. It used to be his favorite pastime back then. Those memories were so long ago. He missed it, Syrus missed his dad and family game night. "Sara? I mean what kinda name is that?" Syrus responded, a smirk playing across his lips. He raised his legs and rest them over the arm of his chair. Getting comfortable, because he had nothing else to do or nowhere else to be. "I'm Syrus. Sorry for being a douche."

Sara had to admit she was a little surprised in the boy‘s sudden change of attitude towards her and the game, he was probably tired from the argument too. Sara had had enough of those in her young life. She knew, this would not be her last fight, of course. She wasn't always the most likeable person, even though she acted friendly towards everyone - then again she was friendly mostly to avoid fights. She rolled her eyes but she was less annoyed when the Gryffindor asked her what sort of name hers was, and a smile was itching to get its way on her lips. "It‘s Italian," she told him. So far she hadn't met many if any Italians at Hogwarts and she was curious about that. The older boy introduced himself and the girl smiled. "Syrus, where is it from?" Because that was what Sara normally did, asked random questions to keep the conversation going. Although her questions were not always without sense. She was curious to know the origin of his name. She had never heard it before. Sara was even more surprised when Syrus apologised to her. This interaction turned positive (ish) real fast. "It‘s okay. Sorry for being rude, or annoying. Or both. Whichever I was being," she apologised.

Syrus didn't think she would tell him that. He needed to work on delivering his sarcasm a little more. Syrus shrugged, gesturing with his palms out. "I really don't know. Me and my siblings all have the same initials. Guess you can say they named me almost after that country, Syria? Almost, but were Americans." Syrus tried to explain his name. It was weird and different from Stella and Silas. He didn't think his parents put any significance to his name, other than matching their initials all together. "Both, you were both." Syrus jest. He could be a jerk, he's aware that it's just becoming a part of his personality and he couldn't really help it. At the most he was aware and sometimes he'll just have to apologize for acting ridiculously stupid. "Now I'm getting kinda bored again. Wish Brightstone weekend would hurry already. Been meaning to buy some stuff." Syrus spoke his thoughts out loud. "Too bad you can't go whenever you wanted! What a drag."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back