Not so average day

Sabine Magnus

OOC First Name
Kelsey ^_^
Wand
Phst! Who needs a wand?
There was a small jingle at the door of a small muggle coffee shop in Downtown Auckland New Zealand as one Sabine Magnus made her way into the joint after a long day at work. Why she always put such an effort into her outfit and wore heels when she stood up in a white lab coat in a veterinarians office all day she didn't know but it didn't really matter. Her feet had long since gotten used to the conditions. Not to mention she often didn't go home after a day of work. Her house was empty aside from her so why should she? She usually got a cup of joe here and looked around the bookstore before going home. Settling down at her usual table the thirty year old felt her cell phone vibrate in her pocket. Who could that be? she thought before pulling out the device. She had three new Text messages, two from her friends Beatrix and Tiffany. The third from her mother. She took a second to respond to them as she waited for her coffee. When suddenly her car alarm went off. "Oh what the hell." she muttered as she looked out at the car going crazy. Fumbling around in her purse for the remote she quickly pressed the panic button and the red bug was calm once more. "Sorry about that." she said aloud to the annoyed patrons before dropping the remote back in her purse.

Daniel was around New Zealand today, not knowing what he would do all day. He sisters ranted on how good the shops were but he hadn't seen anything special. Daniel sighed as he walked down a street that lead to many stores. He would have to get something for his sister since it was her birthday today. Once out of the shop Daniel looked at the sky, it was nearly night fall. Should he or shouldn't he go get a coffee to wake him up? The brown haired boy decided that he would get some coffee to make his energy boost. Upon entering the shop he bumped into a car, " Sh!t!" He said as he looked at him, but suddenly the noise went down due to a pretty girl from the inside. Daniel walked into the shop looking at the pretty girl from the corner of his eyes. Daniel ordered his coffee and walked over to the girl, " Sorry about your car." He said letting the Irish flow off his tounge.

( Sorry, wrong account :( )

Letting the steaming cup of coffee mark that her table was occupied Sabine made her way over to the cash register of the coffee shop and plucked one of the cold cut sandwiches and a snickerdoodle cookie wrapped in crinkly plastic and paid the person at the register before going back over to her table. She had only gotten a bite of the sandwich when someone approached her at her table. Apologizing about her car? The alarm wasn't supposed to be that sensitive... She needed to get that checked out. "Oh It's no problem, need to get the damn think looked over by a good Mechanic anyways. That was just an... interesting reminder." she responded to the admittedly very cute man. Her words weighted down by her slightly heavy New York Accent. New York City was where she was born and bred and even though she had chosen to study her last year of Vet school in New Zealand where she had then fallen in love with the place, four years wasn't enough to shake off such a pesky accent. "Hey... Sorry if this seems kind of forward but do you want to take a seat here? The place is pretty crowded after all." she noted, the home from work crowd was starting to leak out but the place was still pretty busy.

Daniel smiled at the girl, " Happy that I could be a reminder." The brown haired boy laughed. Dan looked around the shop, it was busy, really busy for around eleven o'clock at night. He shrugged, there was no harm in sitting beside her, " I'm Daniel Finnigan by the way." He said grinning, " You are?" Dan asked the girl simply, he was quite interesting in knowing the attractive girls name.

Taking a sip of her piping hot coffee and letting the warm brew slide down her throat with pleasure, Sabine listenedc to the man who had set off her car alarm. When he told her he was happy to be a reminder she chuckled. "I swear I ought to just chuck the whole thing. I've had to get the brakes fixed three times and it eats up way more gas than it should." she told him, giving her car a small glare before taking a bite of the soft cinnamony Snickerdoodle. Looking outside she let out a small gasp. "This is going to sond extremely dimwitted but when did it get so dark? I just now got out of the office..." she said more to herself than anyone. She must have pulled a late shift with paperwork without meaning to because her clinic closed at 8PM, though she responded to emergency calls 24/7. "Nice to meet you Daniel, I'm Sabine Magnus." she told him.

Daniel laughed, looking outside at the car. " Looks like it's in good shape." He nodded, pursing his lips. " I just bought a car, I'm happy with it." He shrugged. " As soon as I stepped outside of my apartment it was eight, so I'm guessing that it's about ten?" Dan questioned as he looked at his cell phone. " Yup, right about ten." He nodded. " So what brings you here?" He smiled looking over at her, sipping his coffee.

Sabine heard his observation of her tiny Red bug and agreed. On the outside it did appear to be in very good shape. But the thing was a 2004 model and at 22 years old it was definitely showing it's age. It had been her first and only car since she was Sixteen, and even then the car had been given to her used. "For it's age it definitely is. It's an 04 model, that thing is almost as old as I am." she told him with a laugh, "Only car I've ever had. It's served me well the past fourteen years." she told him lightly, taking another sip of her coffee before adding, "Wow... I seriously need to fix the clock in my office, Didn't mean to stay in so late." more to herself than Daniel. "Oh I come here every evening after I leave the office. I always have to stay after to sort out the paperwork because I can't find a receptionist that's worth what they ask to be paid." she said, the last part coming out an irritated mutter. "Sorry about that, Work troubles." she added.

Daniel nodded, since it was an 04 model it was quite a bit old. " But for it's age.. it is really good." The man replied. Daniel ruffed up his hair that has been bothering him for the past hour. " Trust me, I know a lot about work troubles." Daniel rubbed his temple, taking a big gulp of coffee. " Back in Ireland I work for my dad's buisness, good luck trying to find someone there worth their pay." He shook his head. " Quite a tradgedy." He added.

Sabine nodded at his statement, having just basically said that herself. "I know, but I guess part of me is just wanting a new one. But I swear if those brakes mess up on me one more time that thing will be deemed unsafe." she said, looking back out at the thing again, hoping she could atleast get another year or two out of it. She really couldn't afford to pay for another one right now. She listened to his work troubles and gave him a sympathetic look. "Aye, working in a family business is bad enough. Couldn't imagine a bad receptionist on top of that." she said "My mom lives in New York. But most of my extended family and such have relocated here due to a boarding school around here. Figured I'd follow, New York is too crowded." she told him, wondering why she was being so open with this stranger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back