OOC First Name
Daphne
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Interested in Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Straight?
The longer Tyler attended Hogwarts, the more he resented the lack of a proper sports team. He didn't want to play Quidditch, but he missed being part of a team. It wasn't nearly as fun to run on his own, nothing compared to being on the track team, but he knew it was all he had. So this morning, Tyler was going for a run on the grounds as he often did. The weather was nice, which made it more fun, but he still missed the feeling of wanting to beat his personal best, or someone else's best time. He missed racing with others too, but so far he hadn't found anyone else yet who liked to run like him. When the boy was done with his usual round, he headed over to the lakefront and allowed himself to sit down on the grass. After a moment, he flopped back into the grass and looked up at the sky, catching his breath. He really needed to find something else to occupy his time, this was getting boring.

Jasper had recently taken up jogging in the mornings, finding that it helped clear his head. He wasn't really athletic, but he enjoyed himself. He had gone for a rare afternoon jog when he spotted Tyler out by the lake. He jogged over, smiling slightly as he paused near the boy. "Hello, Tyler," He greeted casually, hands in his pockets. "How are you today?" He inquired, curious to see the other boy out and about.

Tyler sat up a bit as someone approached him, and he frowned a little as he looked up at Jasper from Gryffindor. He didn't know the boy that well, only knowing him from one conversation with Sierra. He wasn't a big fan of other boys who were friends with Sierra, but then again, he hadn't seen them together that much either. He didn't know much about the Gryffindor, but guessed that talking to him was at least more fun than being bored by himself. "Hello." He said, then shrugged. "I'm fine, bit bored. Were you running?" He asked, taking the boy's appearance in with some interest. "I didn't know you liked to do that."

Last edited:
Things had been strange. Good, but strange. Agnes was sure she was in a better place now than she had been at the beginning of the year, and if nothing else, at least she was on the same page as Elsie now, even if that page was a little disjointed. The fourth year had come outside, hoping that if she kept her mind occupied, she could keep up the charade that she was doing everything she was meant to be doing. The last thing she needed was for Professor Kain to tattle to her father that she was falling behind in any aspect of her schooling. Spotting Tyler lying out by the lakefront, the Slytherin had begun to walk over to him, until she realised he'd started talking to someone else. Another boy in their classes. "Heyy.. " Agnes felt like a sudden third wheel to the conversation, her entrance now awkward in her eyes, "Sorry, I didn't mean to just interrupt you." she looked between them, wondering if she was about to see her cue to leave her chat with Tyler for later.

Jasper nodded at Tyler's question. "Yes, though it was more of a jog. I have only started recently to keep in shape. Do you like to run?" He inquired. He looked up as a girl from their year approached him. "Oh, hello Agnieszka. It is quite alright, we only now began to talk. How are you?" He asked her, folding his arms behind his back.

Tyler was surprised to see Agnes approaching too, but nodded at her in greeting. "Hey, it's cool." He said, sitting up completely now, but not getting to his feet just yet. He was pretty tired. "What's up?" He glanced at the Gryffindor as he asked if Tyler liked to run, and then nodded at him. "I do. I used to do track." He explained with a small shrug. He was a little annoyed to hear the other boy had only just picked it up, that meant he probably wasn't someone he could compete with without winning easily. "Are you enjoying it?" He asked the boy.

Agnes was glad that it didn't seem as though she was interrupting, but was still brief in her response to Japser, "Yeah, fine, thanks." The fourth year took a seat on the grass, listened as the boys were talking about running. She was surprised to hear Tyler say that he used to do track although she didn't know what it shocked her. Perhaps she just wasn't used to hearing about many other hobbies outside of those she'd grown up with in the magical realm. "Why'd you stop?" she asked before she could resist. If it was just because of school, well that would have been a dumb reason, although she thought she'd give her friend the benefit of the doubt before she said anything.

Jasper nodded. "I am, yes," He looked to Agnieszka, sitting in the grass with the others. "I do not imagine that many others here have an interest in track," he mused aloud. "I know I used to play more football before school, but when I came here there was more interest in quidditch so I had to set it aside. It is hardly as amusing with no one else to challenge you," He smiled, crossing his ankles. "Am I right, Tyler?" He questioned.

Tyler shifted to the side a bit as Agnes also took a seat on the grass. He shrugged when she asked why he had stopped, opening his mouth to reply. But befrore he could, Jasper answred for him. Tyler raised his eyebrows a bit. "Pretty much." He said with a shrug. "I still run, but I can't really do the rest of it on my own." He said, giving Agnes a slight smirk. "Duh."

Agnes listened and realised there was more to it than she'd realised, and glad that she'd not tried to butt in beforehand. "Well why don't you challenge each other?" she asked, half thinking it was a dumb suggestion if neither of them had mentioned it yet, although it would be interesting to see them compete. She glanced to Tyler, smiling a little at his smirk. "Wouldn't that work, and help you both?" she asked, expecting to be shut down by either one of them.

Jasper raised a brow at Agnieszkas suggestion. "I doubt either of us would be much competition for the other right now," he mused a moment. "But perhaps we could be?" He looked to Tyler. "I could probably train for track if you wanted to take up basketball." He offered. "It would be something interesting, at least," he mulled over the idea of it.

Tyler frowned at Agnes' suggestion, sitting up a bit straighter. "No offense, but someone who just started running is no challenge for me." He told her, crossing his arms. He glanced at Jasper at his suggestion, rolling his eyes. "Why would I want to take up basketball?" He challenged. "It's not something I can just teach myself."

“Okay fine don’t, just figured since you both enjoy it then you might as well make use of the fact you actually have someone in the school who gets it,” she said, a little more defensively than she’d meant to. So what if they weren’t on the same level, Tyler could help him couldn’t he? Unless of course he wanted to stay the best and not give up any of his learnt skills. “Because it’s preferrable to Quidditch, Tyler.” She eyed up her friend, “You’re not expected to know everything immediately nor teach yourself,” Agnes couldn’t help but think both boys were pretty closed minded right now but at least Jasper was trying. “Besides, it’s for fun right, not like there has to be strict rules,” she said, turning her head to the Gryffindor to see if he agreed.

Jasper raised a brow. He agreed with Agnieszka, though he supposed he wasn't surprised that Tyler wasn't thrilled with the idea. "It was merely an offer," He replied cooly, "I thought I might teach you basketball and train with you for track. It was nothing really serious, just a way to pass the time while improving ourselves." He shrugged. "Coming from a family where most everything is shared, I did not really care to join a team my cousin was on. That does not mean that sharing interests is a bad thing," He tried to explain. He looked to the other Slytherin. "Are there any activities you enjoy, Agnieszka? I realize I hardly know anything about you,"

Tyler shrugged at Agnes' words, which were clearly defensive. "Thanks for the suggestion." He told her with another shrug. "But no thanks. If you want to, you go play basketball or train someone else in track." He said, not in the mood to be told what to do. Tyler listened as Jasper explained half his life story for some reason, leaning back and just listening as he asked Agnes about her hobbies. "Basketball, if you teach her." He interjected with a teasing smirk. He wasn't sure if she would appreciate it, but he enjoyed teasing her a bit.

Agnes didn’t really know why Tyler was so uptight about the idea, but shrugged when Jasper told them why he liked it. It sort of made sense to her she supposed although the other thing she’d ever had to share was Professor Kain for an uncle. She had no siblings and she liked it like that. “Oh shut up Tyler,” she bit back, although it wasn’t really in annoyance, she didn’t really take much personally anyway. She turned to the Gryffindor, “Swimming, actually,” she announced, not that she told many people of her hobbies, not that they usually asked. “I picked it up when my family were on holiday once, and I love it,” she left out the fact she’d been in a number of competitions when she was younger, it hardly seemed relevant anymore.

Jasper rolled his eyes at Tyler. "Alright then, your loss. Enjoy your solitude I suppose," He shrugged, not caring. He smiled lightly as Agnieszka told him she enjoyed swimming. "I am a fairly strong swimmer, though my sister enjoys it far more than I do," He mused, thinking of home. "Our father is a sailor so we have all spent a great deal of time at sea," He confessed. Not that he really expected either of them to care much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back