Not feeling well

Veronica White

OOC First Name
Hamza
Wand
Yew Wand 14" Essence of Fairy Dust
The holidays were over and classes had begun once again, not that the holidays were any different because Veronica was at school grounds so it was nothing different except for the increasing ammount of homework, notes and revision. It was her last term of schooling, in her seventh year and the pressure was at its highest point. She was spending less time chatting around and skipping some meals when the schedule was too tight. She hadn't noticed yet or she would freak out but she was getting faint dark circles around her eyes that seemed like a stain to her pretty face but luckily she didn't know that, yet.

It was a Wednesday and Veronica was having a bad headahce and had got a cold too. The winter was extreme here and the winds were howling, the snow constantly flowing and somtimes thick rain pouring accompained by lightning and thunder. She tried to keep her eyes open and concentrate on the Dark Arts class, it was one of her favorites and she had gotten a straight 'O' in it last term but today she was exhausted and having a bad headache. They were practising the torture curse on guniea pigs one after the other using the same pig and they had formed a line. Veronica's legs were slightly shaking but she tried to keep her head straight and wait for her turn.

Jack was a little disappointed about holidays being over, officially, anyway, just because teachers and other students had said that it was time to knuckle down and get serious about school Jack just couldn’t do it, it was too hard to do things seriously if Jack started being serious about school it felt the world would stop turning, gravity would stop working and fish would start walking. Besides Jacks grades were very good so why should he start doing something as dumb as worry about exams? If he failed he was always going to fail, If he passed than that is good, besides it’s not like he wanted to become a lonely little desk jockey for the ministry.

But alas Jack was unable to get out of school today, he had ran out of sicknesses the professor would not take another sickness in just two days so he would have to take some time off and do some actual work, which was painful. Everyone here knew Jack was kind hearted and did not enjoy the work they were given, they also knew that Jack would try his hardest to get out of class, but it did not mean he helped him do it. At the current time Jack was sitting next to a blonde girl, he was positive her name was Veronica or Vanessa or something similar, Jack did not take the time to meet his fellow classmates alot because he had friends and his brother so he felt he did not need to go out of his way to annoy someone by saying ‘hello’. Jack looked down at the guinea pig he was supposed to be torturing, if he was angry this would be a simple job but he wasn’t, in fact he was quite content with the way life was going so he couldn’t hurt the little fluffy animal, it was just too cute, so instead he swapped with Ben, and luckily the professor did not notice but he did see many annoyed looks mostly from Ben.

Jack looked at the girl again, she looked exhausted. “Are you OK?” He asked softly, if the girl had a headache, which it looked like she did, he did not want to be screaming down her ear. “You look so tired.” He added, obviously she had been studying or doing something similar, you did not get lines like those from staying up late you got them from worrying and working, a little too much.

OOCOut of Character:
Sorry got too into character :r xD

Veronica stared at the other students who were sucessfully torturing the guniea pig, she couldn't wait to get done with it because the Professor wouldn't mind if she left the class after that and she was planning to go straight to bed and take some medicine that would relieve her headache. The boy who stood behind her in the line asked if she was okay. She nodded weakly and looked back to see who it was. A familiar face she had seen in her classes but had never bothered to know who he was, probably a transfer because she couldn't remember how long he had been with them. Her mind was too occupied to think of the boy so she turned back and murmured "It will pass" before taking a step forward. Now she was the third in line, she waited impatiently.

Finally as she walked to the front of the line and watched the little guniea pig, she filled her head with all the bad and sad thoughts that angered her, her break up, Joshua and as it always did, it worked and she said it in a murmur "Crucio" and watched satisfied as the guniea pig was tortured. The Professor beamed at her and said "You've seemed to exhaust it to death, Ms White." She watched as the guniea pig stopped moving and lay there, lifeless. "Good work" he added and Veronica giving a nod walked out of the line and towards the door. Before she could take another step she found darkness sorrounding her, cold sweat forming on her forehead and dizziness kicking in before everything blacked out and she fainted.

Jack watched the line, he was not looking forward to attacking the guinea pig, it was boring and wrong to attack something that was completely harmless, it was a guinea pig! Why couldn’t they torture something that could actually do damage, like a dog or something. Jack listened to the girl, he was sure it would not pass but if she believed it would who was he to tell her wrong? She would probably yell at him or something.

Jack watched the line become shorter, he was now one down the line. ‘Just brilliant’ he thought with a sigh, he could not see how he could get out of this, he watched with curiosity as the girl killed the little fluffy creature, she must have gone through a rough time. When it was Jack’s turn he took his time getting ready, mush to the annoyance of the Professor and the students behind him. “Will you hurry up Mr Kaster!” The Professor said sternly, but when Jack looked at the door, he saw that the girl was about to faint, here was his chance to not have to torture the next guinea pig, he quickly ran towards the girl and stopped her from falling. “I will take her to the hospital wing sir!” He told the Professor and quickly took the girl outside.

Jack sat the girl down in the hall, the hospital wing was just down the hall, he decided that he would wait till she woke up before dragging her into the hospital wing, if he did that then she would have to stay there for ages. So he decided to sit next to her and wait, he didn’t mind, the longer they took the less time he would have to do work. Jack crossed his legs and decided to clean his nails, he hadn’t done that for a while and it was something to do. *Ne pleurez pas sur ma tombe, Car je ne suis pas là, J'ai une date avec un papillon, Pour la danse dans l'air, Je vais chanter dans le soleil, Sauvage et libre, Jouer tag avec le vent, Même si je suis en attente pour toi He mumbled as he did so.

Code* Dont weep at my grave, For I am not there, I have a date with a butterfly, To dance in the air, I’ll be singing in the sunshine, Wild and free, Playing tag with the wind, While I am waiting for thee.

Veronica did not know what followed. She could feel being transported to somewhere but her mind was too clouded to think and her eyelids were heavy. A few minutes later she could hear someone singing, a male voice. Her head was still dizzy but she didn't want to create an impression of needing assistance or help or she would have to spend the whole day in the hospital wing so she opened her eyes. The morning light quickly flooding and she squinted as a face cleared before her. It was the boy from her class as she looked up she saw the familiar celing of the corridor and not the hospital wing. "Uh..huh" she murmured as she pushed herself to sit upright and looked at the boy, a confused expression on her face.

The memory came back rushing to her, she had fainted after torturing and killing a guniea pig but that was not why she fainted. She was having a headche and her head was still spinning because of that, it hadn't left her yet. "How did I come here?"she asked and then felt stupid for asking that. Obviously he had brought her here, but why here, wasn't someone supposed to be taken to the hospital wing but she was glad she wasn't there or she would have to spend the whole day in the sick looking corner of the school. "The Proffessor?" she asked wondering if the class was over.

Jack stopped his singing when he heard the girl mumble; he looked down at her and smiled. “Raise and shine.” He said softly, not wanting to make her head hurt, he was sure she would still have a very sore head and talking loudly would probably make her angry, Jack never enjoyed making anyone, other than his family, angry.

Jack laughed slightly at the girls question, it was quite obvious he brought her there, but maybe she mean to ask why she was here but could not find the right words to say so she just asked a very similar question. “Well I brought you here, I did not take you to the hospital wing because than you would be stuck there for ages, and I was sure you wouldn’t enjoy that, besides it is just down the hall so if you really wanted to go it was just a short walk.” He explained. Jack nodded at her next question. “The class should be over by now, not entirely sure though, but I can’t go back because it is obvious you need someone to look after you.” He said nodding, his last comment was not a flirt, he was just telling her that he did not wish to go back to class and would appreciate it if she did not tell him to leave.

Veronica smiled weakly as he said rise and shine. "With this bad headache, the shining wouldn't be possible" she said trying to laugh off her headache. She heard as he explained why he had not taken her to the hospital, she was glad about that. "Thanks" she said with a smile. "I don't like being in the hospital wing as well" she said as she watched at the empty corridor where they were seated on a bench. She nodded as the boy explained he couldn't go back to class, she too didn't want to be in class.

"Do you have some water?"she asked him feeling her throat very dry. Her empty stomach was making weird noises due to hunger and she remembered that the last she had eaten was a day ago. The boy wasn't flirting with her, not yet and she hoped that would always be the case because she was tired of those who loved playing hero and then flirt with her. She realized she didn't know his name, it seemed weird how they were in a class for Merlin knew how long and this was the case and then she called herself social. "I'm Veronica, Veronica White and you are?" she asked him.

Jack shook his head. “Way to destroy the ‘healthy’ mood.” He said with a slight laugh. To be honest Jack found it hard to be serious, with that being said he found it easy to be quiet if the time came. Jack could be a very contradicting person without meaning to. “I hate the hospital wing, it is so boring and empty, and to make things worse there is no view of anything” He said shaking his head sadly, Jack knew the hospital wing too well, sometimes plans would go wrong and he would wind up there and would have to stay in there for days, sometimes he felt like melting it was so boring. “I would rather sit in class for 5 days straight.” He added, leaning on his palm.
“Naah I dont sorry, but I dont make it a habit to carry a bottle of water in my pocket.” Jack answered the girl with a frown, his small Australian accent coming out slightly, after years away from Australia he had nearly lost it, but sometimes it would come out when he was comfortable, or too lazy to speak properly, but at the moment Jack was quite comfortable just sitting in the corridor talking to the girl with a headache next to him. “Hey Veronica, Im Jack Kaster.” He said, hoping she would not mistake him for his brother, it happened too often. Ben was the one who studied but Jack got the grades, so sometimes people thought Ben was Jack and Jack was Ben, it was rather annoying. So they looked alike it did not account for the annoyance it caused being called ‘Ben.’

Veronica nodded as Jack said that the hospital wing was boring and empty, apparently all the students in here felt the same. The place that was supposed to be comfortable made you feel even more sick with its dull green paints. "I wouldn't hate it that bad, five days in class..," she said with a slight chuckle at Jack's words. She waved her wands and made a plastic bottle appear out of thin air and then with another wave of her wand she murmured "Aguamenti" and filled it with water before she drank it all. She had been feeling very thirsty. She heard the big magical hour bell ring somewhere down on the grounds and it marked an end to the lessons. Soon she would have to face her curious friends who would want to know why she passed out and she didn't feel up for being the center of attention, not know with this headache.

"Do you want to go grab some lunch and eat it in the students lounge?"she asked him hoping he would agree to that. Eating in the hall would just make it more noiser and maybe if she ate and slept a little, the headache would go. She was not someone who fancied medicines, not that she was a baby or chickened at drinking them but she liked testing her body to work naturally without being helped. "Did you torture the guinea pig or did I steal that chance from you?"she asked worried that the boy might have missed his chance because of her.

OOCOut of Character:
would be hard confusing them now since Andrew killed Ben ;)

Jack laughed slightly. “I loathe the place; it does not help when the nurse thinks you are injury prone, and also hates you at the same time.” He explained. The nurse that worked there was not a pleasant person, in fact Jack was sure she could be considered a hag with her attitude, and she was not even that old. Jack shook his head. “I have no idea why I did not think of that.” He said laughing, he was supposed to be a wizard, yet he rarely used his magic to do simple things, he just got up and did them.

“Sure, I am starting to get hungry, let’s go before people start swarming in.” He said. Jack understood that it would be noisy. Which would not help a headache, in fact it would probably make it much worse. Jack shook his head, not in a disappointing way though, more in a glad way. “No I didn’t, to be honest I had no intention of torturing the guinea pig. It was too fluffy.” He explained. “The only reason I would want to torture anything is because I hate them.” He explained. “How can I hate something that is cute and fluffy? Nope but it is quite easy to hate a person, so I will save till I really, extremely hate someone.” He said shrugging and helping Veronica up, then walking towards the food he could smell

OOCOut of Character:
It is still possible :r It Jack goes extremely pale and stuff :p besides, I dont think he is in the dead section yet.

Veronica chuckled as Jack said why he wasn't able to think of producing water magically. It happened to her many times when she forgot using magic, it was natural. She was glad he agreed to have lunch with her. Walking down the stairs she heard more people swarming in upstairs and making their way down like them. "You don't have to hate it to torture it" she said casually because she never hated the sweet little birds, rats and other animals like guniea pigs that they tortured. "You just have to think about something that makes you angry, something you hate and the spell will work easily" she told him as they climbed down the last few steps and entered the big hall where they had their meals.

"How otherwise do you plan on dealing with such curses in exams?"she asked curiously as she took a seat, her headache getting a bit better breathing in the good scents that came from delicious food that they were about to have. A few of Veronica's friends waved to her from far and she waved back but hoped that they wouldn't be in mood of joining her for she was certainly not at her best mood and if she snapped she would be very rude, she had experienced that before. At last the food appeared before them and Veronica served herself with some noodles and vegetable soup. She was not feeling fit to eat meat at the moment because that would mean giving an extra load to her teeth to chew and she was feeling lazy to do that.

Jack knew you didn’t have to hate the target to use the spell but he still couldn’t do it. “I would feel so guilty.” He said laughing. “I would crumble if it looked at me with its tiny little eyes.” He said nodding. “Besides I haven’t found anything that really gets me going.” He added. Sure there were people here that got on his nerves, but his life was not that bad that he really hated anything, it was not peaches and cream but it was a good life anyway.

Jack smiled slightly at her question. “By that time I am planning to have pneumonia.” He said laughing and grabbing a carrot. “Im kidding, they probably would drag me out of my death bed and make me do it.” He joked. He had no doubt that if he were dying the school would still make him do the work. “I can do the spells, I just dont see why I should do them in class.” He explained on a serious note. Jack could cast the spells and remember them perfectly; he just did not like the effect they had, especially when he had to use them on little animals. If they had to use them on the Professors than maybe he would be more willing to use them. “If the teachers were the targets than maybe...” He said, after he realised he had actually said it out loud he laughed slightly. “Ignore my last comment.” He said chewing on his carrot.

Veronica watched as Jack chatted and laughed as he talked about crumbling if the animal saw him with its piggy eyes, it was true she would feel guilty too to some extent but she had learnt to ignore it. "You can't even be so nice and happy" she challanged wondering if there was nothing that would piss him off, there had to be something. She thought about it as she heard his ideas to be sick during the exams and laughed with him. He was right, the Professors would drag him out of his death bed because no one tolerated excuses during exams, not at Durmstrang especially when it was for Dark Arts. She drank her soup which was helping her to reduce her headahce and the fresh vegetable flavours was just what she needed.

"Then I guess that's okay. As long as you do them in the exams" she said with a grin as he talked about the Professors being the target, he sure did have the tongue to speak of it and would end up being the target if anyone had heard them because stories travelled fast in these walls and there were a huge number of people who were the Professor's puppets. "Have you always been a student at Durmstrang?"she asked him as she ate the noodles. "Like from your first year?"

Jack shook his head. Most people did not believe that he was so relaxed and calm, especially in a school like Durmstrang, it was not known for its open and happy people. “Ahh but I can.” He said finishing his carrot and starting on a banana. “It is very easy to just brush off the annoying things people say or do, far easier than going off your head at them. Too much work thinking of ways to get back at them in my opinion.” He said shrugging his shoulders. In Jacks opinion there were much better things to do, like have fun.

“That is how Im thinking. As long as I do it at the exams they will leave me alone, for a time.” He said, Jack knew what he said was probably not the best thing to say. But Jack was not well known for holding his tongue when it came to people he did not like too much. “At first I was going to go to Beauxbatons, so I learnt French.” He explained. “Only to find out that my brother and I were going to Durmstrang, I was not impressed.” He said rolling his eyes at all the time he took learning French and then be told that he wouldn’t use it, it seemed like a waste of learning the language. Though it was fun to say what you wanted without people understanding you. “What about you, were you always going to Durmstrang?” He asked.

Veronica smiled as Jack said how he could easily brush off the bad things, most people couldn't do that, not her at least.She would punch someone in the face, mostly likely curse them since she wasn't good at physical fights but she wouldn't stand there watch someone talk about her or her friends. She laughed as Jack mentioned how he first had to learn French and then ended up here instead. "But it's good you know another language" she said as she swallowed her noodles that she had been chewing.

"I've always been here, since first year" she told him with a grin. She loved Durmstrang, it was her home. "My hometown is right here in Bulgaria and I only know two languages, Bulgarian and English" she told him. She really liked learning languages, it made one more sociable and they could make more contacts but her language power was limited and now when she was soon going to graduate she wasn't in mood of learning knew languages. "How come you didn't go to Beauxbatons? And your brother, what year is he in?"she asked Jack wishing like she always did when she heard about siblings that she had someone as well.

“Yeah but still, all that time I could have been learning Bulgarian, because I would have a chance to actually use it, now I just can’t be bothered learning it. I’m worried that if I learn too many languages I will forget one. Most importantly English.” He said with a small laugh. After he learnt German it took him a while to start speaking English again, because it became habit to speak French and German. It became so bad that he started speaking all three languages at once, his was grounded because his mother thought he was swearing at her, he would never do that of course but she did not know that.

Jack smiled slightly. She told him that she had always been here yet he never even said hello to her. He felt slightly guilty that he stuck so close to his brother and other close friends that he didn’t even think about saying hello to random people in his class once in awhile. “I am so sorry.” He said with a small laugh. Jack than started eating another banana. Jack loved banana’s, they smelt nice and were tasty. Jack laughed slightly, the story was quite ridiculous. “Well we were going to go to Hogwarts, but I changed my mind, so when we decided on Beauxbatons our sister also wanted to go there.” Jack started explaining, taking a breath he continued. “So naturally we quickly changed to Durmstrang because my sister is seriously evil and plots our deaths.” He added. Tess wasn’t that bad, but she could be really arrogant and rude to her older brothers, she knew they would never be able to curse her or anything. But Tess on the other hand made it her job to annoy her older brothers. “Ben? He is my twin, last year.” Jack added as an afterthought. Jack did this because his brother had recently gone missing and he did not want to dwell on the subject.

Veronica laughed as Jack spoke about forgetting English. It somehow never came into her mind but although her mother tongue was Bulgarian and that was the only thing she spoke back in her hometown in the Rila Mountains but she had somehow always been very fluent in English thanks to her muggle schooling. "Why are you apologizing?"she asked with a chuckle. "I mean if it was for saying 'hi' to people in class, its much as my fault as yours" she said with a grin. It was somehow very natural that people stuck to their own group of friends for instance Veronica was always seen with Zac and Sally, sometimes Enzo and Ken. Only a few times she got to know the transfer students who these days were very aggressive and weird always having issues and prejudices against the school, and such people Veronica did not tolerate.

"Oh" Veronica said after hearing how Jack and his twin brother, Ben had come into Durmstrang. She did know how siblings could sometimes be irritating because she had heard many complain about theirs. "Do you guys look alike?"she asked wondering if she had sometimes seen the other brother thinking that it was this one. She finished her soup, glad that her headache had reduced to a minimum. "So do you have anything planned for your future? Ambitions?"she asked him curiously because although she had been thinking about this since her fifth year, she hadn't yet figured out what she wanted to do in her life which was very annoying because everyone had something planned out in their life.

Jack laughed. “Yeah but I didn’t even bother.” Jack explained. Jack laughed slightly. “Fine it was both our faults.” Jack said splitting the blame. Jack did not entirely understand why people stayed in their own personal groups, yet he did it himself. But he stayed with his close friends because no-one else looked like they were willing to talk, in fact it took Jack and Ben several years to get around to making a group of friends and they only did that because they were setting each other off as they got older and get different points of views about how they were going to live and work. Ben preferred to study for tests while Jack relaxed for them. In the end Jack would get higher results compared to Ben or Ben would get higher results, it depended on the subject.

Jack laughed slightly. “Yes, when we are apart people can’t tell us apart, but when we are standing next to each other you see that Ben looks older than me.” Jack explained. Ben mainly looked older because he would stay up days in a row studying, worry alot and did not eat right. He would skip a meal here and there. While Jack had a set rule, to have at least 6 hours of sleep, not worry too much and to always eat right, there was no point in starving yourself just so you can stay up longer and study for tests and other boring stuff like that. They were the things that the two fought about, Ben was so serious while Jack wasn’t, Jack was more family orientated than Ben and was hardly offended by anything and knew when to leave someone alone. Ben was too serious, hard working, helping and stubborn for his own good. Jack thought about Veronica’s question for a few minutes. He had not really thought about his future, he had a fair idea what he was going to do straight after school but that was not really an ambition. “Well to be honest I haven’t really thought about it. After school I am going to help my parents around the house, I owe them from all the trouble I have caused them through-out the years...” Jack said with a small snicker. When Jack was younger he often played up and teased his mother, all in good humour though, but she still told him that he had to help them when he finished school. “So yeah, after that Im thinking about travelling and a few holidays on the list too, some sightseeing maybe.” Jack added. “What about you?” He asked.

OOCOut of Character:
Took me awhile, but I finally got a decent reply done ^_^

Veronica laughed as Jack declared it was both their faults. She wondered how come she hadn't noticed Jack before in classes, how could anyone miss such a nice, good-humored guy? And the best part about him was that he wasn't hitting on her. She was really tired with having all the guys flirting with her hoping she would say yes to a date, she was really sick of that attitude. "It must be real fun to have a twin" she said with a grin. "All the pranks you two could pull together and the bond itself" she said with a smile.

Grabbing a bowl she served herself some watermelon and started eating the juicy fruit. She nodded as Jack explained how he thought of helping his family and travelling. "I would have helped my dad, he owned a hotel and a restaurant in a muggle village but after his death the place is no longer running. I did think about playing Qudditch at International level and running a restaurant somewhere" she told him with a smile. "It would remind me of the time with my dad" she said as she ate more watermelon. "My mother thinks I have wasted all my schooling if all I wanted to do was play games and run restaurants. She'd have me work in the Ministry" she told him with a sigh.

Jack laughed and shook his head. “Ben is no fun.” He explained. “He is far too serious and a little nosey, he doesn’t know when to stop.” Jack said with a sigh while shaking his head. Veronica seemed like a nice girl, great friend. He had no other interest in her but that of a friend, it would be weird to see her as anything more.

Jack found it interesting that her dad had owned a hotel and restaurant, it sounded complicated but fun. “Running a restaurant sounds awesome, but I dont think I could ever run a hotel, I would probably freak out or something.” He said laughing slightly. Jack never liked having strangers sleep over or anything similar, and a hotel seemed like a bunch of random strangers sleeping over for days, maybe weeks, sure you would get paid alot but it would still get a little annoying, some people who stayed in hotels complained far too much. “Well why dont you do that?” He asked curiously, if she wanted to fly a broom for a living and run a restaurant why didn’t she? Why should her mother have the choose of what she wanted to be? If it made her feel better about herself she should do it. “If you want to do that then why does your mother get a choice at what you should do? Besides I could never see you working in the Ministry, it sounds like such a boring job, especially if you are a desk jockey that is as far away of flying a broom as Pluto is from the Sun.” Jack explained to his new friend. “Besides, if you became an international flying sensation then it was not a waste of schooling was it?” He asked. “You learn how to fly properly at school so try telling your mother that, she might understand. But afterwards be sure to run away fast.” Jack said, Jack knew all too well how parents reacted when you told them something logical and correct and that went against their excuse, they usually tried to wack you in the head, his own mother had tried to hit him several time because of the smart mouth he could get when annoyed.

Veronica smiled as Jack spoke about his twin being no fun. She had heard of twins going around each other's back but still loving the other so she was sure that Ben would be a good person as well if she ever had the chance of meeting him. "You two have to have different characters so as to create some balance in the family. Imagine your parents having to face too serious or too not-serious people" she said with a laugh.

"It was a small hotel in a small village, people didn't exactly rate it five star" she explained Jack because she didn't want him having an idea of a hotel with a luxury swimming pool, gym and air conditioned rooms because in the mountains, a river, good scenery and hot water with bed and breakfast was all one could expect. Veronica heard as Jack explained him how she should play International Qudditch, he seemed quite enthusiastic about the idea and it gave her some hope. She nodded and said "You're right, I'm going to do try for it and not think what my mother wants me to do." She took a deep breath and added "I'll probably move out after I graduate, I can't stand her anymore" she said to him.

Jack laughed. “I have a younger sister, Amanra. She and Ben are twins in personality, so naturally they fight like cat and dog.” He said rolling his eyes; the two of them were too smart for their own good, always arguing about the simplest things, it was truly ridiculous. “And my little brother Samual is like wind.” He explained, Samual was airy and innocent and trusted too much, always playing around. “So take that.” He said with a smile, his parents already had to put up with two non-serious and two very serious kids, they also had to live with a perfectionist, a stubborn child, an independent arrogant child and a very responsible child. When you have many kids you had to expect different personalities.

Jack nodded as Veronica described the hotel. “You could make it awesome.” He told her simply, to Jack any old building could be made better with some paint and new carpet. “You dont have to go all out and make it an island paradise or anything.” He said with a small laugh. “Just clean it up a little, new paint, maybe fix the walls a little clean it up and you have a hotel.” Jack explained. If Veronica had no-one to help her then Jack was sure he and his sisters, Tess and Lisa could help, it would be something to do. Jack listened as Veronica told him how she could no longer stand her mother. “First you need to make sure you actually have a place to go, dont just rush into leaving your mum because things might go wrong and she might not allow you to come back.” Jack told her, he did not want her rushing into something then not be allowed back home because of his advice, he wouldn’t be able to live with himself.

Veronica laughed as Jack mentioned two more siblings into the equation. She didn't really have an answer to that and he must have some classic parents to handle that kind of lot. "What are they made of?"she asked laughing. Parents were parents, they somehow just knew how to put everything in place, at least the decent sort of parents. "Is your mother a housewife?"she asked curiously wanting to know more about the Kasters.

She grinned on his encouragement. Everyone in Durmstrang seemed to be encouraging her on the idea of having a hotel, she was going to have to think seriously on the matter, maybe it could work after all. "Thanks" she said still grinning. "I'll have to do more than that, take care of the food, hire staff and Merlin knows what else" she said thoughtfully. Veronica watched as Jack explained to her how she should plan everything and have a place to go, he was really a good person,now, a friend. "Chill, I'm not even that blonde. I have someone who has offered me a place to move in to any day I want" she told him cheekily. "Infact, I am the smartest blonde in school" she told him for the record and then added "the dude is gay though" She didn't want Jack having any crazy ideas about Veronica moving in with people like a live in girlfriend.

Jack laughed. “I think they are made of stone.” He told her, Jack’s parents were able to keep up with their kids because taught them to be respectful before they could even walk, and the fact that they told them that they were not afraid to ground them forever and take everything they owned also helped in controlling them. But Jack and his siblings were not bad kids and that also helped their parents. Jack nodded, his mother did stay at home to take care of them all but sometimes she would go back to work because she was bored and all the kids were doing something else. “Yeah but every now and then she would notice the house is empty and would go out and do something to entertain herself.” Jack explained. Sometimes his parents would switch roles and if his mother suggested something it happened, some people would say Jack’s mother worn the pants in the family.

Jack laughed. “You’re welcome.” He watched as she thought about everything else would have to do. “I didn’t say it would be easy, besides I am sure some magic here and there would go far if you really needed to use it.” Jack told her. Jack wasn’t someone that liked to depend on magic, he was raised to not rely on magic because if something happened and he wasn’t allowed to use magic or something similar then he wouldn’t know what to do, so Jack just did most things the muggle way but sometimes he got lazy and used magic for the simplest things because he could. Jack laughed. “I am sure you are the ‘smartest’ blonde in the school.” He said rolling his eyes. Jack was slightly confused when she told him that the guy she was moving in with was gay, it wasn’t any of Jack’s business and he didn’t really mind who she moved in with. “Thanks for telling me.” He said laughing slightly.

Veronica grinned as she heard Jack reply and his explanation on his mother's way of doing things. His family seemed quite at easy with everything. She nodded agreeing with Jack's idea about the magic being helpful in everything. Yes, if she did run a hotel it would be for the wizards because she was doing nothing for some stupid muggles. Veronica pulled her tongue out at him as she watched him roll his eyes. "I didn't want you having the wrong idea" she explained seriously. "You know the school has a habit of spreading the nastiest of rumors and I have been caught up in enough before. Not that I don't trust you" she added with a smile.

The lunch break was coming to an end and Veronica's headache was totally gone, all thanks to Jack's company. She watched as the students started getting up from their tables and walking back to the classes or the common room. "Do you have a class right now?"she asked him because she had the afternoon free and she had planned to spend it revising Potions for her exams.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back