Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Unknown
Wand
Straight 10 Inch Flexible Fir Wand with Mermaid Scale Core
River had learned quite a bit about doing readings with cards this semester in Divination. She had learned a lot of using Tarot Cards, but also she had practiced using regular playing cards. Overall she completely understood why her older sister enjoyed the topic of Divination, of why Emmaline was always doing card readings with River over breaks. It was something that the young Slytherin thought she would do as well when she was home for break. However break was a little while away. They still had one more week of lessons and then the exams.

Although River knew she should be studying, the young Slytherin wanted to take a short break. She decided that it would be nice to get some fresh air in her favourite spot in the whole of Hogwarts Grounds. Walking down to the lakefront her bright pink hair blowing with the slight wind, River found a quiet spot by the lakefront. She unpacked her bag, setting a blanket onto the ground before taking a seat. She noticed all the textbooks in her bag, but instead River reached for her tarot cards. She took out the colourful deck of cards as she shuffled them in her hands, thinking about exams and her upcoming grades.

When it felt right, River began to do a Celtic Cross Spread using her cards. This was certainly the card reading she had to practice the most one. The Past, Present, Future readings she had gotten the hang of. River laid the cards down as she reached for her Divination textbook to read the meaning of each card in front of her. It was definitely enjoyable to do a reading on herself, but she certainly wished Emmaline wasn't so busy so River could practice a reading on someone else.

Natalia hadn't wanted to spend as much time in the common room after Professor Castillo had aksed her about it, it made it obvious she couldn't keep doing the same thing every day. Thankfully, the weather was getting nicer so Natalia decided to head outside. She took a walk, still wearing a scarf in the chilly November spring. She headed to the lakefront, which seemed a better destination than the Quidditch Pitch where one of the house teams seemed to be practicing. It wasn't Slytherin, she knew that much. Near the lake, Natalia spotted someone familiar. River's bright pink hair was hard to miss. She hadn't talked much to her roommate, but out of all her roommates, she thought River was one of the more tolerable ones. Though Natalia didn't know her blood status. Natalia watched her from a small distance, trying to see what she was doing. She frowned slightly, then headed over. "Hello River, are you doing a reading?" She asked quietly, hoping she wasn't disturbing the other girl too much.

River had flipped over her cards, comparing the images of her colourful cards to the cards that were listed in her textbook. It was near impossible to memorize all the meanings of each of the cards, but she was trying her best of course. She doubted the professor would expect so much from them. She was looking over the Queen of Wands card as she heard a voice speaking to her. River looked up to see one of her roommates, Natalia. River had spoken to the girl a few times, but not as much as she probably should. Sometimes the young Slytherin found herself lacking the social life she knew she did need.

She smiled brightly at the girl. "Oh hey Natalia" she greeted the girl. "Yeah I have to practice these Celtic Cross Readings. There are just so many tarot cards" She said with a small laugh. She flipped over another card from the reading in front of her, the five of pentacles, shaking her head slightly. "You're more than welcome to join me if you'd like" River said not wanting to be rude. She did want company moments before anyway and it was always nice to get to know the girl better. River scooted over on the blanket that she had laid out, making room for Natalia if she chose to sit down.

Natalia felt relieved when she saw River smile at her. She had been a bit worried Indi had turned the girl against her behind her back, but she didn't seem to mind Natalia's presence, thankfully. Natalia looked down at the cards the girl had in front of her, noticing the way they were placed in a sort of cross. "I see." She said, blinking. "I don't take Divination, so I don't really know a lot about this." She admitted. River said she could join if she wanted to. Natalia hesitated for a moment before nodding and sitting down. She hoped Professor Castillo would walk by and see she wasn't always sitting by herself in the Slytherin common room. "Thank you." She said softly. "Are you predicting the future now, then?" She asked curiously.

River noticed the slight hesitation to join her. That wasn't surprising though. River was not particularly close with anyone of her roommates or well anyone really. She had tried a few times, even gone to a random party in the past with her whole year, but for some reason she just lacked what she needed to actually build lasting friendships. Her mother would state that school was for studies not a social life, a sentiment that her older sister would probably agree with. But Emmaline has so many friends River thought a knowing that her older sister had a squad of dormmates that she often hung out with. River just had the lake and now her new love for Divination. If only her cards laid out in front of her would help her realize why that was exactly.

The young Slytherin was grateful that Natalia sat down eventually though. It was nice to have the company. Although River felt bad that she was doing an activity that Natalia didn't quite understand. Of course, she should have noticed that her dormmate was not in Divination class, but River often did not pay attention to that short of thing. She laughed a little when Natalia asked if she predicted the future now. It wasn't that simple.

"I've got to try something new other than going through the rainbow of hair colours." River added, trying to make a joke, whether it was funny of not she wasn't sure. "But I guess you could say that Tarot Cards can tell the future. More so give you a little insight about a question you may have." The young Slytherin explained. She flipped over another card in the cross spread. "Like this card is supposed to represent the Near Future. It's called the Tower card" River pointed to the card that normally would look like a tower, but with her colourful deck was a tower of ice-cream. "It could mean that in the near future I'm going to go through a sudden change. But it doesn't tell you if it's going to be bad or good." River felt like she was ranting a little bit.

She flipped over a few more colourful cards. "I guess I can understand why people think it's a bit of a wishy-washy subject" She finished looking over the last of her cards. "I can do a reading for you if you'd like that. I could use the practice" River offered. She did not know if she was overstepping bounds or even if Natalia thought this was interesting in the slightest.

R.7e6569a64b78cf58bbe7bfcda7ce1128

Natalia was happy River didn't dismiss her. She felt a small spark of hope, wondering if maybe they could be friends. She sat down next to River, glancing around for a moment. Her gaze moved to her hair when she mentioned it. "You dye your hair a lot." She commented, then winced inwardly. She worried she sounded judgmental. "I would never dare, its brave of you." She added, hoping it would soften her words a bit. Natalia looked down at the cards as River explained how they worked. Her explanation made sense, but it also made the cards a bit vague. "So it's really up for interpretation?" She asked hesitantly. She admired the cards for a moment, they seemed to fit with River and her colorful hair. Natalia felt like she didn't stand out at all herself, she sometimes felt invisible. She was surprised when River offered to do a reading for her. She blinked. "Oh- if you're sure." She said softly. "What... do I have to do?"

OOC: I assumed Natalia wouldn't know she's a Metamorphmagus, but if it's something she would definitely know let me know so I can change this reply :r

River was a little taken aback by Natalia's response about dying her hair. She just kind of assumed everyone knew about her little secret, although she had not really said it aloud to anyone before, well not at school. Of course, her family knew, even if her mother hated it and her sister, River assumed was just a little bit jealous. River wasn't sure why. It wasn't like it was such an odd skill, was it? The young Slytherin was not quite sure how to respond for a moment. She picked up all her tarot cards and began to shuffle them.

How badly she wanted to just say it outright, but she wasn't sure how her mother would feel if she began telling the whole world. Wasn't it obvious though? Instead River decided to play it off a little coy. "It's not really hair dye to be honest." She said shrugging her shoulders slightly. She looked at Natalia for a second, wondering if the girl would put two and two together. In a way, River hoped she would. It would be nice to talk to someone about it. A weight would be lifted so to speak.

The young Slytherin nodded again when Natalia asked if it was open for interpretation. "Much of Divination seems to be" She said, which was one reason she liked the subject. "Oh it's nothing too serious!" She said maybe a little too excitedly as she continued to shuffle her deck in her hands absentmindedly. "You just have to think of a question. Something that you want the cards to expand on." She explained. She wondered if Natalia would want to really do this. The other Slytherin girl did not seem to open about her life, but to be fair River did not know her very well.

((OCC: Sorry for the completely late reply. Real life got in the way. Then I honestly got rid of the notification on accident. Sorry!

Also yes reply was perfect. River hasn't actually told anyone at school aloud yet)).

Natalia blinked in surprise when River said it wasn't hair dye. She considered it for a moment, then nodded. "Hair potions." She concluded, reminded of Jenna always talking about those made by her mother. Surely there were kinds to make your hair turn different colors, though Natalia knew her own mother would never let her try. She was certain it would be considered trashy by her parents, not something someone in her family should do. Natalia still considered backing out of the whole reading thing, until she saw how excitedly River was flipping through her cards. It seemed really important to her, which made Natalia more curious. She nodded at the girl's explanation. "Do I have to... tell you the question?" She asked, a bit hesitant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back