Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Engaged
Sexual Orientation
Straight (Elliot)
Wand
Curly 13 1/2 Inch Sturdy Mahogany Wand with Unicorn Hair Core
Alice felt like her head was spinning after the graduation ceremony. She was sure all of this would just be a blur later, too much happening at once to really remember. She'd been saying goodbye to classmates for a bit now, and had also tried to spend some time with both Elliot and her parents. But there was one more person she wanted to talk to before the ceremony was truly over, and Alice was relieved to spot Ava in the crowd. She headed over to her and pulled her friend into a wordless hug, sure she was feeling similarly overwhelmed and emotional.

Ava couldn't believe that graduation was here. She had been crying all day, hugging everyone she even remotely knew and feeling both happy and awful. She didn't see Alice approaching but she felt the hug. Ava fell into it easily. "Allieeee," Ava sobbed, falling easily into the other girl and holding on tightly.

Alice hugged Ava tight before pulling away. "I can't believe this is really happening." She said quietly. "We're graduating, Ava. How did we get so old?" Alice shook her head, wiping at her eyes to stop any tears that wanted to show up. She felt like she had to be strong if Ava was the one crying. "Was my speech okay, you think?" She asked her friend quietly.

Ava giggled, even though it was broken, reaching for Alice's hand and wiping at her face with her sleeve. "We're ancient," she giggled breathlessly, "You did so good, Alice, it was amazing," she reassured her friend, giving Alice a teary smile.

Alice took Ava's hand and squeezed back, her own smile brittle, though she was somehow managing not to cry. So far. "Thanks." She said. "Ava, we'll stay friends, right?" She asked her friend, suddenly a little afraid. "We'll keep in touch, right?"

Ava giggled breathlessly, taking Alice's hand in hers and squeezing. "Of course, you're one of my best friends." She promised, opening up her arms for another hug. "I love you, Allie," she sniffled, her emotions in overdrive from the gravity of today.

Alice hugged Ava close. "I love you too, Ava." She said, squeezing her for a moment. "I talked to your cousin a while ago, and she told me... a few things." She said, finding it easier without looking Ava in the eye. "Please never feel like I don't need you, because I do. You're one of my best friends, okay?"

Ava's eyes widened and she blushed brightly. "I didn't- oh, Lily," Ava stepped back, burying her face in her hands and letting out a shaky sigh. "I'm sorry," she apologized sheepishly, peeking back up at Alice. "My emotions have been really... all over the place, this year, but I started going to therapy," she told Alice shyly. "I didn't mean to make anyone worry or anything,"

Alice gently rubbed Ava's arm. "It's okay." she said softly. "I'm glad you started going to therapy, but Ava..." Alice faltered. "If I'm ever not a good friend to you, or if you ever need something else from me, you can tell me, okay? Even if you think I'm too busy." She said softly. "That won't change, even after we graduate."

Ava smiled shakily, nodding at Alice's words, tears still falling down her cheeks. "I promise," she bit her lip, swiping at her cheeks even though the tears weren't stopping. "But only if you promise too, don't forget me, okay?" Ava asked, her voice breaking in several places before she held her arms open for Alice again. Ava just felt so emotional, and so very clingy.

Alice pulled back slightly, gently wiping the tears off Ava's cheeks. She knew she had to be the strong one of the two, and she managed a shaky smile without crying herself. She could do that later. "I'll never forget you, Ava. How can you think that?" She asked her softly, pulling her into another hug. "Please stop thinking so little of yourself..."

Ava giggled brokenly, her fingers wrapping up in Alice's shirt. "According to the therapist I have abandonment issues," she summarized very basically, cuddling into Alice as the girl hugged her again. "I'm going to write to you all the time, okay? And when we get our apartment you've gotta come over for dinner and drinks," she hugged Alice tightly.

Alice nodded seriously when Ava told her about her therapy, wanting to show her she was taking it seriously. She then put her arm around her and squeezed her close. "Yeah, I'll write you all the time too." She said softly. "And of course I'll visit! You should visit me too." She said, though she would be moving back in with her parents at first.

Ava nodded, sniffling and laughing breathlessly. "Of course I'll come visit," she promised, wiping at her eyes and reaching for Alice's hand. "I'm gunna miss you a lot, Allie," Ava told her friend, sniffling and smiling shakily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back