Non fictive lies

Kyler Norton

OOC First Name
Kaitlyn/ Sally
All these time Kyler thought his mother was the one he could look up to. His father was a good for nothing father, he had never been there for the rest of the Norton siblings. But his mother had always been an angel, she would make time at night for the kids though he wasn't sure where she would be from morning to noon. Oh god, his mother had always been there to love her kids. But everything that Kyler knew was nothing but a fantasy, it was all too good to be true. Not only that his father had another family but his mom too, she even had a child with that man. All these family dramas drove him crazy and without realizing he had just cracked the stone that he recently leaned on to. He wiped his tears and left a trail of his blood on his cheek, his hands bled pretty bad.

Alethia Zhefarovich was feeling confident about her exams coming up, and smiled softly as she remembered her excellent grades the previous year. This would definitely assist her more than other things for her goals. She aspired to be a healer, especially in potions accidents because that was how her mother was killed. Her father refused healing which was why he was killed as well. While walking, Alethia was ignoring everything in the world while her silver eyes were plastered to the notebook full of notes. However, her eyes turned to see someone with blood on their face, and what looked to be tears. Norton? Alethia quickly stuffed her notebook into her bag, and seeing the blood, her healer instincts and desire to help kicked in, which was very unlike a lot in her family. Alethia rushed to Norton, looking at his hands and reaching for them, "Hey, what happened? Are you in a lot of pain?" For now, she ignored the tears. Her main focus was on the blood.

Kyler was extremely surprised when he felt his hand being held by someone, he turned to his side and saw a Zhefarovich locking her eyes to his fist. He snatched his hand away and punched the stone once more, digging his fist by twisting it to the rock. "Screw the pain" at this point the physical pain was so much better than his emotional pain. The news were all too much to be swallowed, it felt like thousands of bees flying all over him, buzzing non stop. Kyler had stopped crying though his eyes were swollen and black due to the lack of sleep. He was a complete mess and he wasn't ashamed to explicitly show it to the rest of the world. What do you expect when a son whose the closest to his mother finds out that she has been lying to him? Betrayed, hurt, unloved, yes all the feelings that Kyler had been having for the last three days.

He snatched his hand away from hers, and her silvery eyes finally went to his face while her face pouted a bit in frustration. Alethia narrowed her eyes at him and saw that he was in a lot of pain, but not just what he was causing. She could tell that he had been crying, and looked like either he had allergies because of the circles or lack of sleep. It was hard to tell. Alethia gave a soft smile, "Kyler, what happened? Was someone killed?" She asked that as if it was the most normal thing to ever ask someone. She knew what it was like to lose someone. She felt it every time she got home and saw her ghostly parents. "I know a lot about family troubles, so anything you are going through, I can probably help." She heard the issues of many members of the family, so if he had something, she had a feeling that she could help no matter the stressful situation.

Kyler couldn't believe what he just heard. Why would she talk to him anyway? "Are you close to your mother?" he asked while looking at his hands, wiping his blood away harshly with his other hand. "Well I am, we're two of a kind" his fist tighten as his body shivered feeling so betrayed by his own mother. Kyler didn't expect or ask for any sympathy from Alethia, she asked and he answered that was it. "My mother has another son whose age is only a couple of years apart from me, she told us that she had a miscarriage. Turns out that the baby is still alive,she had an affair with another man" he punched the rock once again causing his skin to tear apart, little by little. "My father had always been the bad guy in the family, he has never been loyal to my mother. But..." he chuckled pathetically. "I don't even know how to describe her" hatred was explicitly reflected in his eyes.

Alethia was a little surprised when he replied, and spoke. She chose not to answer because she was more interested in listening to him. Ah, so it was family troubles. And her mom hid a sibling from him. What was more disturbing was the fact that parents were not loyal to one and another. Alethia sighed, "Nothing hurts worse than someone you love you much lie to you for years. Perhaps the word to describe her was foolish or selfish at the time. If she is willing to own up to her mistake, then everything will be okay later." Alethia changed her position while standing up, shifting her weight onto one leg and folded her hands behind her. "I wouldn't say I am close to my mom. Or my dad. They are both dead. But their ghosts tend to get on people's nerves from time to time. My dad died when I was a baby, and my mom died when I was six. So, I don't really know what you must have, or had, with your mother."

There was a stinging sensation on Kyler's hand which actually calmed his emotional burden down, it was unintentional but the feeling was rather pleasant. "She was the only woman who I've loved" it's true, Kyler had never loved anyone but his mom and she had just ruined it. "I'm sorry for your loss" the fifteen years old finally looked at Alethia in the eyes. "Having parents is overrated, no one will take care of love you except for yourself. Trust no one, Alethia" he looked away once more. "Trust no one" Kyler said quietly. He was a mess, a total mess.

That made things worse. The only woman he ever loved, betrayed him. And it was his mother. Did he not have siblings that he was close to? She had a lot of siblings, but she didn't talk to them often. She talked to her full blooded ones more. And she loved all her family. It was hard to think of someone that would not be the same way. When he said not to trust anyone, Alethia shook her head. She could not do that. "I can't just abandon my trust for my family. You have no idea how tight we are." If someone in their family was killed, they would be avenged tenfold. If someone was hurt, they faced an army. "Look, I don't do this often, but maybe you should spend some time away from yours, and maybe with someone else's. It isn't exactly a request, but more or less a suggestion. But if you accepted, you couldn't go to the main stronghold. Very protected and very secret. But I can at least stay locally and let you meet my dad. I think you two would get along. It'll get your mind off of things. Feel free to say no though." Alethia wouldn't care, but as long as he didn't meet with her older half sister, Aleyha, then he wouldn't be hurt. Aleyha was highly destructive.

It was such an odd thing to hear how close a family could be, knowing how Alethia's parents had died made him wonder which family members could she be closed to? Kyler's siblings were scattered everywhere and they were all messed up due to their hard hotheadedness and their ego except for the eldest who Kyler hadn't met for at least a decade. "You don't know what the future holds, Alethia. You don't know which family members of yours turn out to be... to be..." Kyler couldn't even finish his sentence. But being a social and sensitive person, he could overcome his trauma with the help of another party. The suggestion of Alethia's made him look at the girl one more time, he was confused being bombarded with her kind words. "Why are you so nice to me?" not that he questioned her motive. "Can't you see that I'm a mess? My father has another family and my mother too, my siblings are no where to be found, I was a foolish boy who broke girls heart and played on their feelings" he stopped and thought of his father. "Just... Just like my dad" he was completely embarrassed. "Now how can I, Kyler meet an honorable man like your father? Can't you see I'm a disgrace Alethia? I worth less than a squib" his self confidence had just rolled down the hills. He hated himself, he wished he would just die.

A part of Alethia wanted to help Kyler. She didn't know why exactly, but thought that she was just trying to heal his heart. It was broken and needed to be mended. Shattered was not the word she would use in this situation. Alethia shrugged, "With as big of a family as mine, if someone betrays the code, they are immediately dealt with. But that never happens." Alethia felt like adding that because it rarely did happen. No one crossed with Asparuh during his time without being severely punished. Kalif, well, he did things in a simpler way. That's why more graves were added. A few of them were dirty blood too. "I want to be a healer, so when I see someone that is a mess, I feel like I want to clean it up. It helps that you aren't non-pure." Alethia explained, as she smiled a little bit at the realization of what he was doing to poor girls. Yep, he would definitely get along with her dad. Her dad had children with three different women at the same time during his grief. Her mother, a sister of an affair with Asparuh, and a disgusting part-veela. "If you were less than that, I wouldn't be standing here today. Besides, my dad isn't the most honorable man. I couldn't tell you how many women he had before finally settling down... For a third time.... If anyone can help you out of your grief, he can!"

Kyler's eyes softened as she listened to Alethia's kind words, she wasn't as scary as he thought. He dared not to flirt with her back then since she wasn't like the rest of the hormonal teenagers. He didn't expect her to treat him this way more over soothing his broken heart. "I... I- I... I don't know what to say" Kyler was completely speechless, she had really touched his heart. "You're a very talented healer, Alethia" the girls that he had dated knew nothing about Kyler's family nor do they care about his inner self. "Not to mention" he looked down to his feet as his right hand fiddled. "Lovely" he complimented her genuinely. Kyler? Shy toward girls? The world had gone mad. He gathered his courage and lifted his chin up. "Thank you" his eyes started to get teary once more. "And I'm sorry that you have to see me like this" he wiped his tears feeling embarassed, he had never cried in front of anyone before. He had always been the person who could conceal his feelings. But this traumatizing event was too much for him. "I have nothing to offer, nothing at all. How can I ever repay you?" Kyler's family wasn't well known like his cousins, nor was his family as rich as the Howard.

Alethia's pink lips remained in a small smile, which remained. It seemed like her words were helping him, and they were not just empty words. People with broken families that had issues with each other bothered her. Her parents were dead, and her family could be broken but they were always as one with each other. Well, deeply. "If I can do things like this with just talking, I can't wait to finally use magic to help people." Although she did not necessarily want to work as a healer for a hospital. She preferred to keep helping those of worth. Perhaps a private practice. A slight rose color developed lightly on her pale cheeks as she was complimented. She received those before, but they always fell on deaf ears. "It is a bit refreshing. Seeing you like this just makes you more human. More so than some of the guys around here with Veela in their veins." Alethia paused for a moment, wondering on what he could offer her. She was always planning ahead, and wondered how this boy could fit in within her future. For now, she didn't think of anything definite. "Nothing at all. But when you do meet my dad, don't mention Harry Potter. He'll go ballistic." Alethia shrugged her shoulders, not knowing how to say don't offend a Death Eater without outright saying it. That was a secret after all.

"You have the entire future in front of you, lucky you" Kyler sighed, he had never really planned on what he wanted to do in the future but this incident became a turning point for him. "I don't even know what I'm good at" sure Kyler was a charismatic person but he wasn't sure if he wanted to work in a field where his charisma would be needed. "Veelas" his disgusted look came out, after all he was raised as a proud prejudiced pureblood. Part veelas, goblins, werewolves disgusted him. "I wont" he finally chuckled at her word, Kyler then realized that she was being serious. He felt stupid. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be rude" There was something in the air which made Kyler like Alethia, it wasn't anything platonic. It was more like sincere, a very comfortable feeling which he had never felt before. "Enough about this pathetic incident" he wanted to let go of it and besides, he didn't want to tire her out with the story of his foolish mother. "I haven't known you that much, do tell me about yourself" Kyler lead Alethia for a walk as he placed a hand in his pocket.

Alethia thought over her plans, before she smiled, "Not everything. I don't have a husband or children planned out yet. Well, I've already picked out names. But I've not settled on that yet. Not everyone is a planner like me." Alethia did not choose someone to be her future husband yet, because not everything had fallen into place. She would find herself someone by the time she graduated. Alethia was confident that someone would catch her interest, and with suitable blood. She did not want to settle. If only Kyler knew the truth about her dad. He might find out soon enough, but she felt that Kyler would know what he would be good at and would do soon enough. Kyler seemed to want to go on a walk, so Alethia started to walk next to him, and held her hands loosely at her side, with one resting on her messenger bag. "Well, I am a bit of a perfectionist, and the daughter of two ghosts. I have a huge family, and hate the thought of non-magical beings mixing with purity. I am the last child from my father, and was raised by my aunt, who is pretty much a man-eater." Alethia realized that telling him about herself was harder than she thought. Everything about her was organized.

Kyler's life was designed differently, Alethia had everything noted down while Kyler chose to go with the flow. Maybe this explained why his family was falling apart while Alethia's solid as they could be. "You're an amazing woman Alethia, I'm sure by now the worthy pureblood men are lining up for your autograph" how lucky. Kyler was a complete mess, who would want to be with him? He was such a disaster. "I'm happy for you" he said genuinely, she was a great and smart woman. "Have you ever do things just because you like it? I mean, our classes are well planned and organized that's why we plan ahead when to get up, eat, shower, whatever. But life is blurry and you don't know what exactly will happen in the future. Have you ever throw your notes away and do things just because you can? Instead of having the whole schedule in your mind?" he wanted to tell her to live a little but he didn't know her that much yet. So instead of suggesting, why not just ask?

When he said that she likely had boys lined up for her, Alethia had to dismiss that idea completely. She was far too standoffish and intimidating to have boys approach her. Normally, if she wanted, she approached people she wanted to be within her company. She allowed Kyler in, and hoped he would not screw it up. Because that idea was ridiculous, she did not reply to it. Alethia did need to choose someone eventually. Her father wanted her to be taken care of, while she studied hard to take care of herself, like her mother suggested. "At school, I follow a strict schedule. Because life is short, I choose to have a career to make the best of it. But, when I am at home, I don't have a schedule. If I want to go to Romania, I do. Or to New Zealand, I do. I have countless people to room with. So, I guess I have the best in both worlds. Why would you bring that up anyway?" In school, Alethia was uptight about everything. When she was at home or on vacation, she spent her time relaxing and being pampered. That was what she enjoyed most, was the pampering.

Kyler envied Alethia's ambition, perhaps he too ought to inherit his oldest brother's ambitious, malicious qualities. He might end up being a Herbologist, working side by side with his cousins. He wasn't good at it yet but if he could start shifting his focus on that subject then he should be just fine. "I tell you Alethia, you're quite something" oh he loved calling her by her name. Kyler didn't do that a lot, only to certain people who he was genuinely fond of. "Maybe I can kidnap you for a meal and a dance in Spain" he playfully nudged Alethia "If you'd let me, of course" being a flirty person, he couldn't help but to express his feelings toward the other party but this wasn't just one of those empty talks. He did really want to know her even more, only if she'd let him. "Because I want to get to know you, so why wouldn't I bring that up?" he truthfully said.

Alethia brushed her blonde hair over her shoulder as he said that she was something. Alethia really tried to be. Nothing in life was set in stone, so she was not about to waste a second of her time being reckless or doing something stupid. That was not her. She needed to have everything she could be positive in her life. Her body moved slightly when he nudged her, since she wasn't expecting it. She scrunched her face a bit and nudged him back, "You know, it wouldn't be kidnapping if the girl is willing." That was the best she could do in order to flirt back. But, she did have to make one thing clear. Alethia looked for things to be permanent. Permanent allies, friends, and a future husband. This was why she did not have boyfriends. It was not worth it unless it advanced to something more. "But yes. I've never had Spanish food, and would love to try it." Alethia paused walking for a moment, and she thought about over what he said. She couldn't help but being a little blunt, with a small smirk painted on her lips, "You know, Kyler, sounds like you have a crush."

Kyler slowed down and arched his eyebrow listening to Alethia's reply. He couldn't believe what he just heard, was that a yes? "Have you ever been to Spain?" Beautiful, architecture, people, romantic fine dining, great places to dance, oh Kyler loved everything about that country. The next thing that the blond had to say surprised Kyler even more that his heart just froze. He had been with a lot of girls before and he had never felt this way, nervous, groggy, awkward. "A crush, Mademoiselle?" a gentle smile appeared on his face as he eyed the girl who was slightly shorter than him. "I wouldn't describe it as a crush" he looked at the sky and thought of his words. This wasn't just a stupid, random crush, it was so much more than that. It wasn't love but it wasn't a crush either. Kyler stopped and locked his eyes at Alethia "I've never wanted or will I ever have a crush on you" he paused. "I want you, I want those feelings beyond a childish crush" he didn't care if Alethia was going to flee from him. He said what he had to, she was there for him and she seemed to be a dependent and a responsible woman. It wouldn't be worthy for him to compare her to his mother.

She shook her head for an answer. Alethia had never been to Spain, but she always wanted to. A part of her could see herself living there for a while, being pampered by broad shouldered men, while she worked on her healer exams. That would be something. Alethia's little thought was interrupted as he called her Mademoiselle. That wasn't a first since she was in a French school. His eyes locked with hers, and she waited to see what he would say. Was he describing this as something more? Certainly not love. He didn't even know her that well. Her father loved, and now he was with the one he loved forever, watching all his kids, and his descendants grow old, die, and repeat the process. Alethia thought this over, as his words repeated in her ears. Well, he wasn't bad looking. She'd go as far to say that he was good looking. Her uncle wasn't a fan of his background, but the new Patriarch was lenient on that, as long as they were pure. And he was. Alethia rested her pointer finger on his chest, before a little smirk curled over her lips, "Let's get one thing clear, Kyler Norton. I'm not after a fling. I'm not after anything temporary. I am wanting to find someone that fits into my plans, and someone that sticks around, for good. I want to find a husband once I graduate, and I'd be willing to allow that opportunity start while I am in school. That is what I want. That's why I have chosen not to date anyone, and believe me, I've had offers." Now, let's see if that would scare him off or not.

Why wasn't Kyler surprised at Alethia's statement? He knew some friends who had tried to date Alethia but none succeeded. If this happened before he knew about her mother's lies then Kyler would probably flee from this girl, but Kyler was sick of playing games and dated a lot of girl who most of the time would end up cheating on him for other guys. "Good, then I shall fulfill what you want" he said firmly and smirked back at the blond haired girl. Kyler wasn't one of those who had commitment issues, true that he had dated a lot of girls but he had never cheated on any of them. Perhaps he did it just to prove that he wasn't on the bottom of the food chain and that he was short minded, wanting to be one of the popular guys in the school. The incident changed him and he wasn't going to fool around with the opposite sex anymore. He was done with it. "I shall be a psychiatrist, get you a pretty penthouse, and treat you well" oh he was serious about this. "Give me a chance to show you about how committed I to fulfill your goal and if you don't like me then I wont be on your way, yeah?" Kyler said confidently.

Kyler did not flee. This was strange. Kyler absolutely did not flee. Instead, it seemed like he was up for the task. Well, if he didn't live up to her expectations, then well, he wouldn't really live afterward. Alethia considered her options, since either this boy was really determined to either get with her, or to actually be with her, or just out of his mind. It was hard to tell. If it was the first, or the last, then Alethia would have her brother, Antonin, eat him alive. Alethia removed her finger from his chest, and rested her hands at her waist. She was impressed. Alethia finally smiled, "Congratulations, mister Kyler Norton. You managed to pass my test, and also get to say that miss Alethia Zhefarovich is formally known as your girlfriend." Alethia then folded her arms across her chest. She was still a teenager. And then she managed to get a boyfriend. It wasn't like she gave him a choice in the matter. She simply announced it and took control of the situation. "You have until graduation to prove that you are husband material. That's less than two years. Do your best now, and don't interrupt my studies. Ever." Alethia reached for his hand, and gave a tug to keep them walking. "Speaking of, it is far past library time. Perhaps, you should walk me there."

Kyler loved how much confidence Alethia had in herself, he had never met anyone quite like her. She surely was something. "I may look like those ignorant boys, but I am still a Norton, Alethia. Have no doubt in me. You are mine and I shall make you the happiest woman on earth" when Kyler was determined in doing something, he would reach that goal no matter what. And at this very moment, he just got himself a new goal; proving to Kai Norton that he could be as successful and to provide for Alethia. There was no way on earth he would miss or fail this, he couldn't... He shouldn't... Kyler wasn't going to let this woman slipped away like his mother. Though he hadn't learn how to love Alethia romantically, he knew that he wanted to be with her. Those feelings would grow, it shouldn't be hard for him to love her. "Since our goals are to be healers though mine will be a healer of one's mind, I challenge you to get O's in herbology and potions" After all Kyler was still a Gunvalsson, he had his talents in potion brewing running in his blood.

Alethia shrugged her shoulders before reminding, "Never said that you looked like one of those. I can usually smell them coming from a mile away, so to speak." If he was one of those ignorant boys, Alethia would not have given him the time of day. Of course, he would have to meet her father, before she would continue with this. Alethia didn't expect anyone to really fall for her, nor would she expect to love someone. She simply wanted to have a partner, and one that wouldn't die anytime soon. Anyone that could give her family trouble was a no go. "Jokes on you, I am already making Outstanding in both. I do need to work on my charms. My wand is a bit picky sometimes. It likes to perform hexes and curses. Go figure." She had basilisk skin within her wand, and it added more power to it, and it had a darker nature. Healing might prove to be difficult though, and if she was around any sort of roosters or chickens, her wand would not work at all.

"Good" Kyler was satisfied to hear what Alethia had to say to him. She was a hard catch and he got her, not because he wanted to win a bet nor was he full of lust but because he wanted to settle in with his life. And he got himself a trophy, a trophy that was so precious that he would never let anyone touch it. "Well darling, I'll let you settle with your study for I have to go and bring something to an end. I'll see you when you're done" the alpha male said with his eyes locked to his woman. He squeezed her hand before making his way to the other direction, there were things that he had to talk to the headmaster and some of the Professors if he was going to ace in what he took for granted.

-FIN-​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back