Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Knotted 12 Inch Whippy Cypress Wand with Hippogriff Feather Core
Felix had been nervous for most of his seventh year, what with all the responsibilities he had on his shoulders, preventing a humiliating end to Ravenclaw's season (failed), getting through his exams (unknown) and writing a speech for his graduation (success). Then there was the fact he had no plans post graduation, unlike his girlfriend Lydia who seemed to have everything figured out, as usual. Inquiries had been made and pending on his results, Felix had a better idea of what life would look like when he left Hogwarts. There was just one thing that needed to be addressed, and that was the most nerve-racking of all.

He had about an hour before he needed to be at the Great hall, but he wanted to see Lydia before he made his speech, and with so little time in the castle before they graduated, he had a feeling where he could find her. The library had always been Lydia's sanctuary. No doubt in part because her cousin was the head librarian. As everyone was preparing for the graduation ceremony and anyone not in seventh year was no doubt packing to go home, Felix knew the library would be empty except for Lydia and Stefan, the latter expecting him.

Once he was inside the library Felix sought out Stefan and asked him if he could find a way to guide Lydia into one particular stack. The one where they had their first kiss. A lot had happened since then, but it felt right that it should be the setting for what he had in store. Felix reached into his bag and pulled out the flower crown Lydia had made him the day they met and placed it on his head and throwing his bag into a dark corner. He raised his hand to feel his inside robe pocket to check the box was still there before turning his attention to where Lydia would hopefully appear. Felix had never been more nervous in his life.

Lydia was nervous, her graduation was coming up, it was just around the corner, and she was nervous, things in her life were lining up, but she was still a little afraid that none of it would happen and it would all come crumbling down. Lydia as she always did when the term was winding down leant her help to the library, her cousin was always happy for the extra pair of hands and Lydia enjoyed the simple yet quite fulfilling work that she did there. It was a beautiful place in the school, and if it was the last thing she did before graduating then so be it. The prefect had finished packing, she'd put all her books away, all her belongings and the only thing really left to do now, was graduate. Of course she hadn't yet put on her graduation outfit, but that could be done at the very last moment, she had no plans to change from her usual make-up or hair style. All in all, everything was in place and she just had to wait for the time to be right for the day to really get under way with what was important.

The teen was most excited about seeing her brother at her graduation. She was rejoicing at being able to share that moment with him. Lydia stepped into the library and stopped to see her cousin, to both see what needed done and how he himself was doing. This time of year though busy was also the quietest time in the year in a library that was quiet most of the time. She smiled as he handed her some books and instructed her to a very specific area. Lydia frowned a little at it, it was weird he seemed almost too excited about handing her books, but maybe it was just because of her graduation that he was like that. She'd have to ask her brother later about if he'd been the same for his graduation. But regardless of that, she took the books and headed in that direction. Taking long looks at the shelves of books as she passed them, embracing the way the place looked and how much she loved it. She would probably miss the library most, it had always just felt so safe.

Lydia walked to area where the shelves she needed for the books was and was a little started by the sight of Felix, "Oh!" she said softly, looking at her boyfriend, the flower crown that seemed really familiar, and the fact he was in this specific section of the library. She leaned in and kissed his lips before just smiling, "Shouldn't you be preparing for our graduation?" Lydia teased lightly with a little smile, she had no idea what he was doing here, in a section that really had nothing to do with graduating, and it wasn't like either of them had any more exams, so she was very confused about what he was doing.

Felix smiled when Lydia came into view and was surprised to see him, Stefan hadn't told her he was there, that was a good sign. He always enjoyed surprising Lydia, he loved the way her face lit up when he appeared from nowhere. Before he could speak she leaned forward and kissed him gently on the lips, Felix held the kiss for a few moments before Lydia pulled away. Things were going well so far. When she asked him if he should be preparing for graduation Felix struggled to keep a straight face. "I'm packed, my speech is ready, I'm already wearing my graduation robe, I'm about as ready as it gets," He smirked looking at her and seeing she, unlike him, was not graduation ready. "I see the same can't be said for you," He teased.

"Do you remember the first time we were in this stack together?" He asked casting his mind back to that day. "That first year Gryffindor interrupted us, I wonder if he's still as freaked out by seeing people kissing, he must be what? Fourth year now?" Felix shuddered as he did the maths in his head. It was crazy to think about how much time had passed since their first kiss, to think about how much they had been through together, all the ups and downs. It made what he was planning to do feel all the more right. "I hope no one interrupts us this time," He said reaching into his pocket and pulling out the small box. "I've been crazy about you ever since you put this flower crown on my head,
I know we had time apart, and I know there are things you aren't ready to talk to me about, but none of that matters, all that matters is that I love you, I can't imagine loving anyone or anything more than I love you," Felix cleared his throat, suddenly glad they were alone. "I truly believe you are the one for me and so with that in mind," Felix pushed away part of his robe and dropped to one knee. "Lydia Evans Archer, will you marry me?"

Lydia noted that he was actually wearing his graduation robes, she nodded, at what he said and gave a little shrug, "I have time," she replied softly, still very confused about why he was currently there. Not that she wasn't happy to see him, Lydia was always happy to see him. She looked at the books in her hands and the shelves she was placing them on. It seemed like so long ago that that had happened. That the boy had interrupted their kiss, her first kiss. She smiled fondly at him, at the shelves, chuckling lightly at the memory, and she couldn't help but be confused as to why he hoped that no one would interrupt them, since as of currently they weren't doing anything but standing an aisle of books. But she noted the small box, and was beginning to think she knew where this could be going, "Felix.." she said softly as he started. She had to admit she had been pretty crazy about him since they'd first met, since they'd had their first kiss and all the little firsts that they'd had.

Lydia nodded, listening closely to what he had to say, her mind beginning to figure out what he was building towards, but she didn't think he would. They were young, they weren't even out of school yet. the prefect could admit that there was no one else for her but him. She loved him with all of her heart, seeing him smile and succeed in life and school brought her no greater joy. She couldn't imagine spending any time not with him, she'd tried and it hadn't worked out in the slightest. Despite her mind beginning to put the pieces together, when he dropped to one knee Lydia couldn't help the soft gasp that escaped her lips, the books fell from her hands, softly hitting the ground. her hands cupped her own face as she smiled more broadly and excitedly than she had had in years, "Felix!" she couldn't help but exclaim, "Yes, yes I'll marry you," she couldn't stop the words as they spilled out, loud and excitedly, dropping all awareness of where they stood in the school. Her hands shook was she reached out to him, wanting to just hold him close and think about how they were going to get married, "Of course I'll marry you,"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back