Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
It's Complicated
Sexual Orientation
Who Cares?
Wand
Pear Wood, Unicorn hair core, 14 inches
OOCOut of Character:
This is during the sorting ceremony. And the wrong account.

OOCOut of Character:
Here we go.

Avaria let out a disappointed breath as the hat came off her head. Ravenclaw? She had been quietly hoping for Gryffindor like Papa, or maybe even Hufflepuff like her mama. But Ravenclaw? She looked over at the table cheering loudest. There were so many of them, and only one her. She tried to look brave and shuffled over to the table, finding a seat near the end with an open space next to her. She offered a weak smile to the person she sat by, not really seeing them.

She turned back to the sorting ceremony, feeling more anxious than she had in awhile. Phillip was called up right after she was. She chewed her lip nervously, her hands wringing together restlessly in her lap. Oh please, please, please let him stay with me. She pleaded with the hat silently.

But it was pointless. "SLYTHERIN!" The hat yelled out almost as soon as she finished pleading with it. Her stomach dropped and her face went pale. She watched Phillip with wide eyes. She was alone. Completely and totally alone and surrounded by strangers. He wouldn't even be able to sit behind her; the Slytherin table was across the room.

She turned to look at the table, no more interest in the sorting. What was she supposed to do? It wasn't like Ava to cry, but she could feel tears welling up in her eyes. She hadn't felt so alone in a long time, and she hated it. Not even when Mama died, because she knew her papa was coming for her. But now? The house you were in was where you stayed. Would they even interact with other houses?

Ava shrunk in her chair, feeling like a mouse. A small, insignificant little mouse.

Phoebe always found the sorting ceremony quite interesting. She still had a lot of questions about the sorting hat, and would pay a lot of money to get a few minutes to talk with it alone so she could ask it questions. But she knew that wasn't likely anytime soon. She also enjoyed predicting the houses of the students that were being sorted, based on body language. Her guesses were only right about half the time, but she knew that she couldn't really blame herself for not being able to compete with a magical hat. When it was her sister's turn, Phoebe watched carefully. Somehow, the declaration that she was a Hufflepuff wasn't a big surprise. It was a little disappointing that Alice wasn't in the same house as she was, but she still cheered and clapped for her sister as she made her way to the Hufflepuff table.

After her sister's sorting, Phoebe lost some interest in her game of trying to predict the houses of the others. She was growing hungry, and wanted the ceremony over with so she could eat the feast. Her gaze fell on a young girl, one of Ravenclaw's new firsties. The blond girl looked really upset, and while Phoebe wasn't normally the reassuring type, she couldn't help thinking about Alice. If her youngest sister was upset at the Hufflepuff table, she would want someone to reassure her. "Hey." She said to the young girl. "Cheer up, you're in the best house." Phoebe gave her a grin. "Being a Ravenclaw means you're smart, like us. So you should know there's no reason to be scared."

Avaria glanced up when she heard an older girl reassuring her that this was the best house. Ava studied the girl a moment. "I... I didn't know this was the smart house..." She responded softly, looking back down. "Um... this is probably a stupid question, but we get to talk to the kids in the other houses, right?" She looked back up, big blue eyes under full lashes. "My friend just got put in Slytherin and I don't know anyone else," She admitted with a small smile.

Her optimism was starting to win out again, and she couldn't feel tears in her eyes anymore. If someone was talking to her already, maybe she wouldn't be quite as alone as she had thought.

Sorting was the best time of the year for Elly. The lessons hadn't started nor did the brutal Quidditch practices and it was fun to see the new first years walking up to the stool to get sorted. At this moment Elly always thought back to her sorting and the fact that she desired getting Gryffindor. She did end up in Ravenclaw and after a year Elly realized Ravenclaw was the best fit for her. Elly still had questions to ask the hat, but those would never get an answer. The new first years were always such a diverse bunch. You could see nervous faces, people that were overly confident, people with no confidence and everything in between. Elly loved to play guess the house with others in her house and they usually got it right. Somehow you could spot things in people. Phoebe her sister was sorted in Hufflepuff, which would be a nice fit for the lovely girl. Who she had met in Obsidian Harbour.

When the sorting was halfway a girl joined the Ravenclaw table almost in tears. Sorting was scary, but it wasn't that frightening. Phoebe started to talk to her and somehow that helped a little. ''It isn't only the smart house, Ravenclaw is also the house of creativity and individuality.'' Which meant that most people in Ravenclaw were good in playing instruments or painting and drawing. ''Of course you do, I have friends in almost all the houses'' Which was true, she basically had friends in every house out there. ''Now you know us and you will meet your dorm mates soon'' Elly spoke while smiling. She felt sorry for this girl, this was the same feeling Elly had when she was sorted. She was alone in Ravenclaw, Geo got Hufflepuff and Jess and Leila were in Gryffindor. ''Phoebe was my dormbuddy and we became friends, right Phoebe?'' It was true, your house would become your home for the next seven years.

Avaria looked to the other side of her as yet another girl started talking. Ravenclaw was for creativity too? Maybe that's why she was here then, because of her painting and piano playing? She would have to take this then and just make this house her own. She could still make papa proud! She smiled happily, feeling a lot better now that these two had gone out of their way to say hello.

She looked between the two girls and relaxed a bit, tucking her blond hair behind her ear. "My name is Avaria. You can call me Ava if you want," She chirped, bouncing back to her usual self. What was there to be afraid of if the kids were all nice like this?

Phoebe nodded encouragingly at the young girl. "It is!" She said, then glanced over at Elly who also joined the conversation. Elly told the girl it wasn't just the smart house, which was true but to Phoebe it was definitely the most important part. The girl's question about being allowed to talk to other houses was a bit silly, but she supposed she didn't know any better. "You even have classes with kids from other houses." She told her with a nod. "And you can hang out outside of class whenever you want. You'll see your friend lots, and will make new ones in Ravenclaw." She nodded in agreement with Elly. "Yes, we became friends." She smiled at the young girl encouragingly. "You'll make friends too. My little sister is in your year, though she just became a Hufflepuff." She smiled. "And there's probably lots of great kids you'll meet. I like the name Ava. I'll call you that. I'm Phoebe." She smiled at her. "Are you excited for your classes?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back