No Such Word as Misadventure.

Liam Kale

OOC First Name
Maia
Wand
Holly/Ebony Wand 12 1/2 Essence of Griffin Feather
Liam had been planning this ever since he heard about the forest in Hogwarts New Zealand. He doubted that the whole "forbidden" thing was taken seriously. It couldn't be that dangerous right? His Mother had been terrified that he'd hurt himself, but he'd spent his childhood running through the highlands. He was a good tracker, and had gone on survivalist camping sessions with his Father several times. His Father was of the belief that he'd need to be tough, and know how to survive in the wild. Anyway, he was armed with his wand. It'd be fine.
He'd dressed accordingly, wearing combats, which provided more freedom. He'd easily be able to run. He was also wearing a tight-fitting jumper. A loose one would just catch on briars. It was early in the morning, and there were barely any students about. Perfect. The forest was abandoned, as much as he could tell as he walked among the tall trees. He wasn't taking much care to cover his tracks, as he knew he'd be able to follow them back.

The undergrowth was extremely dense, and hard to navigate once he got in further. He turned right when he came to a point where it was too thick with branches to continue. Unfortunately, he'd happened upon a steep hill, which he proceeded to tumble down, covering himself in scratches. "No!" he exclaimed as he surveyed himself at the bottom; "Mother will kill me!" he wasn't worried about having to climb back up the ridge. It shouldn't be too difficult, there were plenty of handholds.
Taking in his surroundings, he realised that the ground beneath his feet was muddy, and he could see prints. Hoofprints. Horses? Unlikely. Come to think of it, he'd heard there was a herd of centaurs here. Trust his luck to land himself in their territory on his first day in the forest.
He careful backed away, they were headed South, so he'd head North. Hopefully he wouldn't knock into anything too unpleasant as he walked.

The sun was climbing further in the sky, and Liam was enjoying himself immensely. The forest was wonderful, much better than home. At home, he knew all the nooks and cranny's of the grounds, plus Catherine was always following him, scaring away the animals. He'd seen some spiders scurrying East, but had decided not to follow them. He had bigger fish to fry. He was currently watching some bowtruckles form a few feet away. They were cute little creatures He knew they wouldn't harm him, but he didn't want to disturb them, as it looked as though they had some young with them.
It never occured to him that there might be other hunters in the forest. Although unaware, he was still in Centaur territory. He kept walking, smiling as he left the bowtruckles to his games, unfortunately, he didn't pay enough attention. With a quick ping, he set off a trap, and was suddenly swinging from his ankle up in the air. "Whoa!" he exclaimed, but her refused to shout-that would attract unwanted attention. If he could just reach his penknife, but he'd stupidly left it in his bottom pocket, and couldn't stretch high enough to reach it. There were several pockets in his combats. Trust him to pick the wrong one. "Well this is a right pickle you've gotten yerself in innit Liam." he frowned to himself, struggling to turn around and figure out how to free himself.

Minoas had woke up remarkably early that day. His growling stomach was enough to get him out of bed but he wasn't going to visit the great hall. Hunger couldn't bend his will to become stronger, better at quidditch.
To achieve that he had to descipline himself, ignore his hunger and workout. It wasn't something he was going to do just for that morning. He had decided to wake up earlier and jog at the first morning's light. The grounds were empty that early so no one was going to disturb him.

It was the middle of spring but the weather was still quite cold. Hazy whiteness and curls of smoky air currents obscured the surroundings and made distances for the gryffindor difficult to fathom. Bitter cold numbed his face as he stepped out of the double door of the castle. The rest of his body was warm under the compression trousers and shorts. He put on the hood of his hoodie to protect his ears and he started jogging. What he wanted to improve was his stamina and he was planning to jog around the grounds for an hour or so. He kept his rhythm as frost was crunching under his feet and the chill of the air turned his breath into a puff of soft frost.
He started running along the tree line of the forbidden forest, the boundaries of his planned track when he noticed a hazy figure vanishing between the emerald wall of the forest. Bemused he stopped a few meters from the point that the forest gulped the mysterious presence. He wanted to turn away and move on with his practice but his curiosity was ignited after a long time. He rolled his eyes and sighed as he gave in and stepped inside the forest's shadows.

He was always mesmerized by the esoteric beauty fo that forest. From the first moment he had set a foot among those trees, he felt its uniqueness and specialty. It was long since he had entered this prohibited world and now that he was back to the crime scene, he could feel once more the forest calling him. To Minoas this place was alive, an organism with each own will and intentions. If it wanted to, it could lure you to its unknown depths and never let you get out again and see the morning light. Aware of that, he watched his step, moving among the thick trunks carefully and as silent as he could. He was avoiding the spotlights created from the scarce holes of the conopy, penetrated by the sun rays and preferred to stay under the cover of the shadows. He didn't know what or who he was following. It could be a student or unfortunately, a professor. Whatever the case, he was intrigued by this turn of events, finally something interesting to enternain him and break the long last monotony.

He lost his target for a minute and let his hearing guide him. Whomever was preceding him was rather clumsy and incautious. In those parts, the most unnoticed you were, the better but the person in the distance wasn't aware of that, making Minoas guess that it was probably a first year. He decided to keep his distance but when he recognized the scene as he was following deeper in the forest, he became alerted. He knew the forest like the back of his hand, especially the centaur land that he had trespassed a couple of times.
What he's doing? he wondered indignant as he caught a glimpse of the first year in the distance among the trees. Whatever he was searching for, he didn't seem eager to stop soon. Minoas had to stop several times to scan his surroundings. Centaurs were really serious about the trespassing of their land and he wanted to confirm that it was safe to continue following that reckless child. Was he like that young student?
He started realizing that maybe a few years ago, he was himself a pesky trouble-maker and felt the urge to apologize to professor Kingsley for breaking some rules in the past.

Something snapped in the distance, followed by a surprised voice. His widened grey eyes expected centaurs rushing from every direction but it seemed that it was just the young student. He took his wand out of his pocket and moved swiftly towards the source of the sound, ready to defend himself in case something was going wrong.
He had a better look of the young boy who was swinging, ankle up in the air as he was caught in a centaur's trap. "Dinner is served for the local herd." he commented as his eyes were following the pendulous movement of the boy's trapped body. "That's what happens to anyone that enters these parts." he continued and crossed his arms still holding his wand. "What you were up to?" he asked, not releasing yet the boy. Lesson should be learnt first.

Liam contemplated, that this could quite possibly be the end of his short life. He wasn't particularly scared, though worried that all the other dead people would laugh at him, for having died in such a stupid way. It was food for thought to think that he mightn't see his family again, but he wasn't going to give up yet. He could get out of this. He'd gotten his foot caught in a trap before, admittedly it had been on the ground, but the teeth had trapped his foot, and caused a serious cut, which had left a scar. He'd managed to work his way out of that hadn't he? Yes, his struggles to free himself had meant the injury was worse, but he'd freed himself, and surely that was what he should focus on.

He didn't know any spells that could help him, but he still reached for his wand, which he gripped tightly in his hadn. Perhaps, if he could twist himself around, and manage to catch onto the pocket holding his penknife, he could get it out. He squirmed, and twisted, and did eventually catch onto the pocket, however, hes still couldn't reach it with his hand, and he couldn't open the zip wit his wand. He frowned, he was stuck in a sort of twisted position, twirling around in a graceful arc. This was not amusing. If Mother saw him not, she'd murmer something about maintaining dignity, and Father would laugh at him without restrain. Cat would try and copy him, no matter how stupid he looked, and then they'd have two monkeys to gawp at.

A voice caught his attention, but they were behind him, and he couldn't see them; "Hello!" he called cheerily, hoping against hope that it wasn't a centaur. Cantaurs didn't eat humans, but they might kill him. "Well, I doubt there's really enough of me to share out-unless they're on a diet." he replied, hoping not to annoy whoever was watching him. He pushed forward with his head, hoping to turn around, and after some weird, swimming motions, he got himself turning, though now he was moving too fast, and could only see the person after every turn. It was a boy, older than him, and hopefully, he was going to help him; "Oh, well I'm glad someone told me." he answered, not sure what to say as he told him what happened here; "One question though-where exactly are these parts?" he asked, as he tried to keep himself looking in one direction. "I'm Liam Kale by the way, First Year Gryyfindor!" he called, as he spun."I'd shake yer hand, bu' as you cin see I'm a bit preoccupied at the moment." he continued as he saw the boy's face again. As the boy questioned him, he pondered the answer; "Well, I left my trail behind me, so I could get back, n' I figured it's the most likely place for something interestin' to happen, so I decided to head away from the centaurs, who'd probably trample me, and as you cin see, it's now more likely they'll use me for target practice." He finished with a grin. Usually, he wouldn't talk this way, but he was in the middle of a forest, hanging from a tree, it wasn't exactly the best time to be polite. "I didnae mean to come in so far, bu' I fell down a ridge, and I figured I'd keep goin'." he explained, with an apologetic smile. This boy was going to help him, or so he hoped, and he felt he owed him the truth.

The trapped boy seemed raptured by the presence of another human in the area. Actually too raptured that he called him louder than how Minoas would have liked. "Shh, are you crazy? Be quite, this is not a Quidditch pitch." he rushed to calm down the boy, almost whispering those words. He looked around them alerted and quite nervous. His latest encounter with centaurs wasn't as pleasant as what he had used back to his country. They were already to deep in their territory. It was a miracle that they were still not captured. He was growing that worried that he didn't pay attention to the boy's joke about centaurs on diet, when he would have in a normal situation. "I guess you already know that this place is the forbidden forest." he began as he took a few steps closer to the swinging boy. He seemed like a clever person, he knew exactly what he had signed for.
"This place however, is even more forbidden. It is the centaur's land and they are quite possessive over it. A professor was killed in the past for trespassing their land" he hoped that he had offered enough information to the boy to convince him and stay as quite as possible.

"Minoas Stratis. I'm a gryffindor as well and fortunately for you, not a prefect." he mentioned as he would have to deduct house points in that case and lead the young Liam straight to Professor Kingsley's office.
He came closer to him, still vigilant for the slightest sound that could indicate that danger was close. He was hesitant to approach close enough as if Liam was some kind of bait for centaurs to catch him. He crossed his arms on his chest, amused as he was listening to what the younger boy had to say and arced an eyebrow. He was reminding of him when he was a first year. "You are smart." he commented after a small pause. When Minoas was in his first year had also figured out that the forest was keeping something interesting from the most people of that school. "Inexperienced but smart." he repeated with a nod, remembering his own enthusiasm about that forest turning into desperation to escape from the dangers that he had came across. Liam had already experienced it himself and he was going to have the same disappointment if he was going to try this again. Minoas could bet that he would. He could judge from his own, personal experience.

"Well, there is a rumour lately that centaurs' aim had became quite rusty." he said with a sarcastic smile.
"I think I'm going to leave you here for their own good. Bye!" he waved goodbye and turned his back on the boy, starting walking away.
Before Liam was going to complain loudly, bringing unwanted attention towards them, Minoas returned back to him with a broad smile. "Just kidding." he said and took out of his pocket his trusted wand.
"Get ready for the downfall." he warned him before raising his wand. "Diffindo!" he murmured and instantly his spell ripped the rope from which the boy was hanging from, making him fall on the ground.
"Are you alright?" he asked him as he was lending a hand to help him stand up.

OOCOut of Character:
I'm sooo sorry! I know I'm super, super late! :unsure:

Liam smiled as he saw that the boy was quite possibly going to help him, but he didn't want to annoy him; "Sorry." he whispered back. It couldn't be that dangerous, the centaurs were gone in the other direction. He wasn't really worried. He'd just have to get used to the forest. "The centaurs are headed South so far as I cin tell." he explained, hoping it might ease the boys worry. What he didn't understand was, if he was so worried, why didn't he just cut him down and get out of here? "Well, yes, but I dinnae really think it must be that 'forbidden,' since there's no guard or anythin'." he replied sheepishly. He knew he'd broken school rules, but hopefully he wouldn't get in trouble. He frowned as the boy spoke about a Professor; "Wha'? I never heard tha'. I dinnae really believe there were centaurs here at all." he answered; "When was the Professor killed?" he asked, curious. It was sad, he'd probably had a family, and Liam suddenly realised that that might've happened to him, and that would kill his Mother. He'd only thought of it jokingly before, he could die. "I have a pocketknife, if you'd care to cut me down?" he suggested, a wee bit scared now.

"Well, if you were a prefect, you probably wouldnae be in the woods would you?" he replied, jokingly. He probably shouldn't be speaking like this right now, but it was the truth. Prefects were supposed to follow the rules. He frowned as the boy called him smart. He hadn't been expecting that, perhaps more of a lecture, or some speech about obeying his elders, but not a compliment. He bristled as he spoke of inexperience. Still, he wasn't going to say anything until he was cut down. He grew up in the wilds of the Scottish Highlands. He was a good tracker and hunter. He could live out here, if it weren't for the magical creatures and plants. He'd never experienced that before, but he knew about how to live in a forest.

"I wouldnae say that to their faces." he replied, chuckling quietly. He was shocked as Minoas turned away. That was uncalled for, but he wasn't going to rise to it; "Fine so, have a nice day." he smiled, crossing his arms, a comical sight upside down. As Minoas turned, he burst into a relieved smile, for a moment he'd thought he might actually leave; "Thank God, I've no idea ow to get outta this." he admitted, blushing slightly. He wasn't good at admitting defeat. He was shocked as Minoas used his wand to ut him down, he'd been expecting something more, well, muggle-ish really. He landed with a dull thud, and rose to his feet immediately, with Minoas' help. "Thank you, I'm fine." He smiled, looking up at the rope; "Wow am I glad you came along." he grinned, turning to face his rescuer.

OOCOut of Character:
no worries

Minoas let a chuckle as he was helping the boy stood up after the short fall.
"Good point. If you ask me, I believe that the title 'forbidden' is used on purpose in order to
filter the daring from the skittish students. Still it's the dwelling place of some nasty creatures. Centaurs are just tabby cats compared to what is wandering around these parts."
he replied to Liam's timid statement to show him that he wasn't completely wrong. Himself was finding that label quite extravagant but then a couple of his experiences in that forest were making him thinking twice before deciding to wander around the deep parts.
"It was long ago. Two, maybe three years." he murmured about the professor's death that proved to be interesting for the first year. However, Minoas was more focused on finding the way back rather than talking about the death of a professor that his daughter had asked him to stop investigating.

The sun was getting higher but yet again the trees' canopy wasn't allowing anything but just scarce spotlights that weren't enough to cast away completely the ground fog. It might was more dispersed but still enough to make you lose your sense of direction. "Surprisingly enough, if you are planning to keep visiting the forest you might bump into a prefect more frequently than what you expect. Prefects are patrolling around here along with professors. The prefects are easily avoided if you get experienced but I can't tell the same for the professors." he said from his own experience, being caught in the past by the head of his house. Minoas noticed embarassment on Liam's face and felt sympathy for him. It was like facing himself a few years ago from another person's point of view. "If this is going to make you feel better, I feel in an acromantula trap in my first year. I was trapped there with a deer carcass until someone found me and helped me." he shared with the first year in order to feel better and grinned back at him when he said that he was feeling relieved that he had found him.
"You were lucky cause I was out for my morning jogging." he explained his athletic outfit and the reason why he was out of bed so early. "It's not long till the first quidditch match." he continued his explanation as didn't want to stand out as the freak that works out early in the morning for no reason.
"Do you like quidditch?" he asked his fellow gryffindor.

Liam grinned as Minoas spoke about the forest's name; "What else is in here?" he asked excitedly, he couldn't wait to start Care of Magical Creatures in Third Year, "It reminds me of home." he admitted, running his hand along the bark of a tree. He loved the outdoors. It was so wide, and open and exciting. So much better than dreary walls and doors. They were like cages. That's why he liked the castle. It was big, and airy, and he could see miles of land form his bedroom, which was near the top of the building. He'd never been away from Britain before, so it was strange for him to get used to this new place. It was so hot here! How could people stand it. He was feeling stifled, and with his robes on-it was nigh on unbearable. "That' sad." he frowned as the boy spoke about the Professor's death. He didn't think it would stop him from coming into the forest, but it would certainly make him wary.

He listened to the boy as he spoke about prefects; "So, the Prefects are student,s who act like teachers? How borin'!" he exclaimed, with a non-believing look on his face; "Mother would love me to be a prefect one day, but from this, I think they're probably all boring, and swotty, I mean, school is okay if it's interestin', like magic 'n stuff, but I cinnae imagine giving out to people for having fun!" he exclaimed, it was a pretty warped vision of prefects and what they did, but in Liam's world, things were very black and white, good, or bad. He looked up as Minoas told him about his First Year. He was ttall for his age, but Minoas was taller. "Really? Were there spiders in there? How big were they?" he asked, completely missing the point and immediately becoming captivated by the idea of being in a giant spider's air. The danger didn't even register with him.
He nodded as Minoas spoke about being lucky; "I guess I was, why'd you decided to come into the forest?" he asked, flicking back some hair that kept falling into his eyes. "I go running too, I need to keep up my fitness for rugby, and horse-riding, and quidditch." he smiled, glad they had some common ground. "You play quidditch? With the school? That's so cool!" he enthused as he spoke about the match. Answering Minoas' question, he beamed; "I love quidditch, I support Montrose Magpies. Ryan Porter's amazing! My Father's a Pride's man, and Mother like the Holyhead Harpies." he grinned,his eyes bright as he spoke about one of his favourite sports.

Judging from Liam's excitement to learn more about the dwellers of the forest, Minoas could guess that the boy was really going to enjoy care of magical creatures class in a few years. For the fourth year gryffindor it was at the top three of his favourite classes. "I can confirm that there is an acromantula colony as I almost became their dinner. Some of them had the size of a muggle car, huge creatures. Watch out of hinkypunks as well, they tend to lure first years deeper in the forest." he referred to those that he had encountered in the past. "I also know that there exist erklings, dugbogs and gytrashes the spectral dogs but I haven't seen any yet. Some students spread the rumour that they have seen trolls deeper close to the mountainous area but I don't believe it." he concluded, doubting that students had ventured that far away from the castle to return alive. Centaurs would have probably caught them first.

He watched as Liam was studying the bark of a tree, talking nostalgically about his home. He instantly remembered of his sister and friend of Briar. He had thought that something like that he was going to hear it only from her, who had grown up with centaurs in Europe's northern forests. "I bet your home is close to a forest. Where do you come from?" he asked and glanced over his shoulder. He thought he had heard something but it was just his imagination. However, it would be better for them to start moving. Staying in one place for a long time wasn't a really smart choice. That's how he was caught last time by Professor Kingsley.
He started walking, leading the way for Liam as their conversation was moving on.
"That's what I have thought as well but it's not necessarily true. A friend of me was a prefect and she used to cliff diving for example. She was also a constant visitor of the forest so here you have an exception to the rule. Still, I wouldn't like to become one as I don't believe I can handle the responsibility that brings prefect's title." he confessed, imagining that he would have to punish students that were caught out of bed late at night. It would be really hypocritical of him to do that when he was also active at night. He didn't comment when Liam said that his mother was probably going to be really proud of him if he was going to become a prefect. He just chuckled slightly as he thought that his mother would also going to be ecstatic about that status. Seemed to be mothers' common aspiration for their children.

"I just saw you from the distance and I thought you were up to something for wandering that early. Most people come here either to hide something or meet someone secretly but I have totally forgot the curious ones. I have to admit that I am one of them. I guess that's why I followed you." he chuckled as he admitted his everlasting curiosity about everything. He had managed to suppress in some way but he was still up to an unknown adventure. As he was an athletic guy as well he got absorbed in their discussion. "I'm playing quidditch since I have memories, now I'm playing as a chaser for gryffindor team. I'm horse-riding as well when my father trusts me with his flying horses but rugby? What's rugby?" he asked curiously. He could guess that it was a muggle sport, he knew a few of them like basketball and football but this one was new. He had thought that he knew enough about muggles but now and then he was finding out of something unknown to him.

A smirk widened on his face as Liam was referring to his and his parents' favourite teams.
"As long as you don't support Wollongong Warriors you are fine." he teased in an attempt to keep a straight face.
"I'm supporting Thunderers and so does my father." he said, excluding his mother who wasn't really a quidditch fan to have a favourite team. "I also support Moutohora Macaws. My cousin plays as their Keeper as well as the prefect friend I mentioned earlier that enjoys cliff diving." he smiled and wondered how the latest was going with her life after graduation. He was grateful to her for many reasons, one of them being her contribution on making him a good chaser. "So, let's say they summon you for team's try-outs. What position would you like to try out?" he asked Liam while recognising some signs of the forest around them as they were walking. They were definately following the right track back to the grounds.

While Azerail was not really the one to patrol the lawns around this time, it was one of those activities where he did. The former Slytherin was not really one of those that busted students. He more or less kept to himself, and let the other professors do it. However it was until his silvery eyes caught a couple of students heading into the forest. After a professor was killed back there, Azerail was naturally concerned. The students were of course, breaking the rules, but heading back there was not entirely good at all. Azerail turned away from the cliffs that he was patrolling, and he was soon making his way down to the forest. He had every intention of turning them into their head of house, hopefully both were in the same house. 'I hope that they are not in Slytherin,' thought Azerail as he crossed beyond the edges of the trees. If they were in Slytherin, then they were going to be in a nightmare of a school year. However if anyone else, Azerail was not entirely sure if the others would make the students' lives hell. Then again, it didn't matter to him, so long as they did not really try to fight his instructions.

Finally, Azerail could see them approaching the grounds, before he crossed his arms over his chest. "It is a little early to be taking a stroll in the forest, isn't it? I'm afraid I'll have to take you to your Head of House." Azerail knew the two boys now, they were in Gryffindor. One of which was a fourth year, someone he taught for a while, and from what he heard of before, was close with the Head Girl from the previous year. Her disregard for the rules must have traveled. Azerail was unaware just how much this boy had come into the forest, but perhaps Professor Kingsley would put a stop to it. He looked at the older student, "I didn't think I would expect this behavior from you. You know the tragedy that happened in the forest. People were killed. I would hope you wouldn't want the same fate." Azerail's tone was not even stern, or cold. It was soft, with some hints of concern. However he was not to be walked over either. His tone did not reflect what he stood for. He enforced the rules, and he was not going to be changing that either. He would have hoped that students' ideas of fun would be playing on the Quidditch pitch or in the lake, but never testing their luck against the dangerous creatures that were in the forest. He remembered when a student was shot with an arrow while in the forest. He attended the funeral service that was held. Not that these two would remember or know about the little part-goblin boy.

The older gryffindor just managed to finish his question to his newest acquaintance when his ears caught a rustling that wasn't natural but caused by someones movements. He sensed the presence of a newcomer but before he was able to react in any way, the stranger emerged behind the thick vegetation.
"Cr*p!" he whispered as he hand had went instictively to his wand pocket but dropped as he recognised the potion master. He didn't have a clue of where the professor was standing, whether his was disciplinarian or less stern. Minoas' gray eyes rolled slightly when the professor's silvery voice referred to their head of house.
Minoas was hoping that he wasn't going to visit Professor Kingsley's office to be lectured again. Last time his detention was to stay inside the castle for a whole month, a well given punishment for an outdoorsy person like.
So the gryffindor was not going to give up without giving a try to avoid the unpleasant visit to Professor Kingsley's office.

"Good morning professor." he greeted Professor Azerail, trying to buy sometime for him and Liam and come up with a good excuse. Fortunately, the professor started lecturing himself, addressing Minoas who was the older of the two gryffindors. His words hid concern and his soft voice didn't show that he was really nervy for finding them deep in the forest. Minoas couldn't help but wonder how he had managed to find them but that wasn't really his prime concern at that moment.
"Look professor, I'm aware of the dangers this place is holding and I know you are right." he started talking before Liam was able to talk and say something hasty that could make matters worse. Minoas was going to try and get them both out of trouble. "I was just exercising in the grounds when Liam approached me and told me that another first year had entered the forest. Not having the time to inform anyone in the castle, we decided to search for the stray first year before getting into trouble." he explained to the professor in front of him.
He wasn't sure if his story was convincing enough but he could offer more improvised evidences. Minoas didn't like lying but if he had to save his skin or a friend he was going to be persuasive.

"I can take care of myself." he stated a little bit offended when the professor implied that they weren't able to survive in these parts. "That's why I offered my assistance and told to Liam to show me where the other student headed to." he added in order to give an extenuation to the younger gryffindor by supporting that he was the one that made the first year come with him.

it was early morning and Aspen was hunting it was a path she had taken most mornings since she had arrived in this forrest as she often met her sister and ran together for some of it. now she knew that her sister was no longer going to be there, but she knew where the burrows were. the best laces to leave snares. as she was part war around she heard voices, loud voices not forest quiet ones. she slowed her bow still drawn and made her way over to them. they must be students at the school, they didn't know how well sound traveled this time of day. she slowed. one of the voices sounded familiar, the other wasn't. as she drew neared she heard someone else arrive, someone older. she paused to listen. the new arrival seemed to be one of the professors getting the boys in trouble. coming up with an idea and hoping that her brother would forgive her for being rude she turns and went silently around the group until she was between them and centaur land. then she making as much noise as she could and keep it convincing galloped towards the group. this would be fun, and as not much more than a foal herself she was allowed to have fun occasionally.
her bow still drawn she headed towards the group. just before she became fully visible she fired, the arrow aimed to narrowly miss the adult. "let that be a warning to you two hoof. this is not your land" she said before looking at the two boys. "brother mine, brothers friend, it is good to see you both, I trust that you had a good holiday away from the likes of..." she said looking towards the man "professor." she said the last work mockingly. his human title didn't mean much to her, she had seen her sister get used to them and respect them but right now he was the one getting her brother in trouble, so he had earned no respect from her, even if she did usually like humans. she would do what she had to to get the boys out of trouble.

Professor Kingsley had been sitting in her office, doing a rune reading and sipping some tea. It had been a quiet morning, and she was eager for it to remain so. Her back was to her open door so it took a moment for her to realize that there was a glow in her room. The patronus of a coyote stopped in front of her chair, a message to her from Professor Zhefarovich. The woman listened carefully and then quickly got up, picking up her wand and heading for the forbidden forest. It wasn’t long before she was making her way deep, deep into the forest wishing that apparition was allowed in the castle. The professor had to have at least a few minutes head start on her, having sent her the message just before he headed into the forest. It had been smart of him too. The forest was just as dangerous for professors as it was for the children of the school. Some of the creatures knew nothing of human adulthood and would only see the professors as larger and more filling prey.

After she had walked for several, long moments, the professor stopped and looked around. She had grown slightly more comfortable with the forest as a result of her job. She often came in to look at the trees to be sure her students would have material for their runes. Looking to acclimate herself and get her bearings, Professor Kingsley took out her wand and spoke. ”Hominem Revelio” she whispered, looking as she spotted three humans not too far from where she stood. They were just on the border of the centaur’s land, though truth be told, the centaurs considered the entire forest to be their land most of the time. It was rare that they would concede that not all of the land belonged to them. Professor Kingsley huffed her way up a hill, her body still slightly out of shape after bearing a child earlier that year. As the professor made her way through some final trees, she saw that there was another, one of the centaurs standing opposite Professor Zhefarovich and two students. She recognized one from behind as Minoas Stratis, a student who knew far better than to be in the forest. Coming into the clearing, the professor spotted an arrow quivering and she held her wand even more tightly in her hand. She couldn’t believe that the centaur had just fired on a professor. Surely, they considered the young students innocent enough to not kill another in front of them. ”And now they are back with professors and I am sure they will think back on those holidays fondly” she stated as she stepped up beside Professor Zhefarovich. From the little she had heard from the centaur, it seemed to not be threatening the children. That was expected from the centaurs. Why they thought the professors were the bad ones was beyond her. The professors weren’t the ones constantly intruding on the centaur’s space.

The professor flashed a quick glance at the boys, utterly annoyed to see that both were from her house. They certainly would be thinking of their holidays fondly because that would be their best memories. They surely weren’t going to enjoy the semester. ”I trust your message was received” Professor Kingsley said with a glance towards the arrow that had been shot and then another glance to the boys.

It was when Azerail cast his coyote patronus which went toward the castle when one would be able to tell, he didn't believe a word that was said to him. Even the centaur that arrived ever so timely to the scene and fired an arrow, there was no sense of chance in his cold expression. Why the centaur was defending the ones that crossed their lands were beyond him, but it was a no wonder the Ministry did not see them fit as anything more than creatures with little capable thought. Were the lives of these two boys more so than the life of Jareth when he was struck down by their kind? It was rather insulting that one would come to the 'rescue' for the boys and seemingly mock the adult even though the adult was clearly leading them away from danger. It was a no wonder that these beasts were nothing more than just that, beasts. Azerail turned when he heard Professor Kingsley arrive, and he nodded toward her. She was doing well after having a child. He remained silent, with his arms crossed over his chest as his mind wondered back to whether or not they could use spells toward the centaurs. After all, he was apparently shot at but it wasn't close enough to make him flinch, or even move. He murmured to her, "The oldest was trying to lie to me to get out of trouble, so might want to take that into consideration before punishing them. I'm sure you have it handled now." However he was not going to leave her side just yet. He didn't feel the need to punish the students. They were in a world of trouble already. Azerail just wanted to stick around in case the centaur tried something against them. Azerail was pretty well with magic, and he could protect them all, if need be. He didn't know much about the centaurs, but he was not showing an ounce of disrespect toward them.

Silence. A bizzare silence was haunting the forest the morning that Thraex decided to hunt. He preferred mornings to hunt as he knew that he wouldn't come across with other centaurs. Thraex was leading a lonely life of avoiding centaurs and humans. Especially humans. He couldn't tolerate their audacity every time they were trespassing the forest as if it was theirs. He was eager to share it with them as far as they were respecting it. Adults were a poison for their race. On the other hand, children had pure hearts and were usually entering the forest to innocently explore and discover the treasures of nature. He had met once a boy who had a great respect of the forest and respected as well their kind. Most humans looked down at them, treating them as inferior beings. They have forgotten from who they had gained all this knowledge in the past. Centaurs used to be the old teachers of the human kind but now humans were underestimating and abominating them.

Thraex was aware that something wasn't right. Dead silence meanth the presence of humans. Animals weren't trusting humans either. When humans were present they were rushing straight to their hideouts before men's greediness was able to harm them. Equipped with his stealth he draw closer to the source of the conversations that suddenly broke the silence. Humans were rudely trespassing again and they needed a reminder of who was holding the reins around there. "And I am more convinced Professor that you will think back on the time that you were wisely staying in your office", he replied to what the female Professor was saying, emerging out of the forest's shadows. His body language was giving away his irritation. His front hooves were tapping in change on dirt and his tail was swinging nervously. There were too many of them and Thraex's eyes narrowed at the adults. His expression soften upon recognizing one of the children. It was that foal that admired the centaurs' kind and he was taught by one of them. He didn't know the other centaur there so he took back his stern look as he faced the adults. "What seems to be the issue?", he asked as he took an arrow out of his quiver just to intimidate them.

Liam swirled as he heard a disturbance. An animal or some such perhaps? He wasn't sure, but he knew there was something coming their way. He gripped his pocketknife, not yet used to his wand, and knowing that he didn't know enough spells to stop any wild animals. "What is-" he began, as an adult emerged from the thicket. A Professor. That couldn't be good. "Good morning." he repeated, he wasn't scared of a professor. Still, Mother wouldn't be happy if he got detention. His face remained unchanged as Minoas told his story, hoping it would work, but if it didn't-he'd have to tell the truth. He twirled around as an arrow was fired into the clearing. Centaurs. "Wow." he breathed as she came into the clearing. She greeted them, and he frowned as she called Professor Zhefarovich a two-hoof. A what? He supposed it was their word for humans. "Brother?" he questioned, turning to Minoas; "You've bin friends with the centaurs all this time?" he asked, grinning excitedly, he looked back at the female centaur again; "I've never met a centaur before-I'm Liam." he smiled, looking up at her. This was too cool! Minoas knew her too! He'd had Liam terrified, and all along he'd been friends with the centaurs! How lucky!

It was then, that Professor Kingsley arrived, his Head of House. This wasn't good. Misunderstanding her he said; "Well, they weren't tha' great, most of the time I was helping Mother round the castle, but we went to watch the Prides against the Magpies-which was good." he smiled, then realizing what she meant he added; "Sorry Professor..." Then, another centaur burst in, and gave out to the Professors! That was amazing! As he asked what the issue was, Liam decided to tell them, as Professor Zhefarovich didn't believe them anyway. He didn't want Minoas to get into trouble; "Look." he began, facing the adults and the centaurs; "Minoas was running. He did nothing wrong-alrigh'?" he looked around at them, meeting each's eye, to try and get his point across. "I went into the forest this morning to explore. I dinnae realise how dang'rous it was, and I've spent my entire life in forests, hunting and tracking, and going on survivalist weekends with Father.." he stopped, realising that he was rambling a bit; "Minoas saw me go in, and didn't want me to get hurt, so he followed me, and talked me into going out again. I dinnae mean to come in so far, bu' I fell own a ridge." he explained, leaving out the part about the trap.; "I was lucky he followed me, so he shouldnae get in trouble, he was being responsible..." he finished, looking at all of them, and reddening as he realised how precautious he must sound. "...Professors." he added, remembering. Well, he was pretty much fried now, he'd get detentions and he probably deserved it, but he wasn't going to stop going into the forest. He'd just have to be more careful. "Oh, I forgot!" he burst out, turning to the new centaur; "I'm Liam." he introduced himself; "Sorry, it was rude of me not to have introduced myself before." he bowed his head, as mother had taught him. She always said you must always introduce yourself to someone before speaking with them. To do otherwise, was to leave them at a disadvantage.

Minoas tried but sensed immidiately that Professor Zhefarovich wasn't convinced at all. He was going to try harder, he wasn't going to give up yet, when an arrow whistled by Professor Zhefarovich and planted on the ground in front of him and Liam. Oh no...centaurs! he thought and his heart started pounding swiftly behind his chest. Suddenly he was concerned not only about his life but also Liam's and Professor Zhefarovich.
He took a deep breath and let a sigh of relief when he recognized the centaur.
"Aspen!" he welcomed with a weak smile Briar's sister. They were so lucky that from all the centaurs in that forest, this particular one had showed up.

Liam next to him was ecstatic when he found out that Minoas knew centaurs.
"It seems so." he murmured briefly. He wasn't sure if that confession was going to work against him now that the professor knew that he was acquainted with the centaur that had threatened his life a few moments ago.
Before he was able to say anything to Aspen, someone else arrived.
"Great, just great." he murmured indignant with the number of people gathering around their already awkward company. Professor Kingsley was the last person that the gryffindor wanted to see. He had a great respect for her and being busted by her was really embarassing. She didn't look pleased with the situation and so pointed her answer to Aspen. Him and Liam were going to have a tough time after this little misadventure was over
He was ready to narrate his little made-up story to Professor Kingsley as well but he didn't bother to do so when Professor Zhefarovich updated her.

And it was then when someone else appeared silently from the shadows. It was Thraex, another centaur he had met before. Minoas was owing his life to him when he helped him escape an in high dudgeon centaur herd that was pursuing him after trespassing their land. Deep inside him Minoas hoped that his two, hooved friends wouldn't shoot to anyone. Sure Aspen was too friendly with humans to hurt anyone but he didn't know about Thraex. All he knew was that he hated humans that disrespected his kind.
Before he was able to recover by the constant arrival of newcomers, the first year beside him decided it was time to talk. If he could he would have casted silencio to stop him from revealing the whole truth.
"He's lying! It's not true." he snapped out of his silence to interrupt Liam's endless, diarrhea speech.
"Why you don't say the truth?" he turned to Liam. "You just told me that there was somenone wandering alone in the forest and I offered to help by asking you to guide me. That's the truth." he concluded, acting convincingly irritated. If he wasn't going to work at the ministry he could still become a great actor.

"Look Professors, it's not like is midnight and the forest is that dangerous. Besides, if it was that forbidden you would have put magical barriers to prevent us from accessing it." he smartly pointed out.
He hoped that the professors were going to be understanding or else he didn't know what the centaurs might do. Aspen was probably alright but Thraex? If the professors were going to keep talking about punishment, that could trigger maybe another arrow and that was what Minoas was trying to avoid.

Aspen smiled at the boys reaction never meeting a centaur before. "It is great to meet you Liam" she said kneeling her front legs so that she saw hearer to his height. and offering her hand to shake. no matter how she was pretending to be to the professor she loved humans. when another professor arrived she looked around and was about to draw her bow again when she saw who it was. if she wasn't mistaken this lady she had heard a lot about. "professor kings right? My sister spoke about you often. she has a lot of respect for you. how is the little foal going?" she said remembering that her sister had also mentioned that she had been off last year to have a foal. once again kneeling and offering her hand to shake however a couple of moments later she heard something that made her heart skip a beat. hooves. they were close to the herds land, and she hoped that her voice hadn't carried and attracted the attention of the heard. she stood up quickly and placed herself between the boys and the new arrival hello, I didn't mean to upset the heard I was just having some fun and protecting the boy. he is my kin" she said in heard, the centaurs language. hoping that he wasn't going to punish her for pretending to be part of the herd. she was really not much more than a foal forced to live as an adult.
the younger boy started to talk about his holidays. he had an unusual accent, i nice one but she couldn't remember hearing anyone with that at all. she smiled obviously he hadn't quite understood what the professor had said. he seemed nice, she didn't want him to get into trouble, as tat may dissuade him from entering the forest and there were so few students who entered the forest now that her one of her sisters was no longer there. only really her brother her other sister didn't come into the forest much which was quite understandable after what had happened two years back. at the sound of the mans voice she turned around trying to summon up some of rowans nerve, the kind of nerve that she had never possessed. How do you know he is lying. "how do you know that there isn't another child lost in the woods, maybe terrified crazy, maybe stuck in an acromantular trap" she said glancing at minoas when she said that last bit, the had heard the story of how he and his sister met many times before this was starting to play out exactly like she had heard, even with the two students trying to get each other out of trouble. she then looked back at the professor and scowled. threatening him to do something. if he did she would do something. not that her previous threats were possible she would not be able to contact the herd as she was an outcast, but she did have her sister, she would be the first centaur ever to use the centaur office at the ministry if necessary. that is if she managed to not get punished by the heard which judging by the other centaur presence was unlikely, however it seemed that her brother knew him so maybe it wouldn't be that bad. a warning maybe, maybe she would be able to convince him not to report her. she looked at the other centaur as the students carried on debating over who was lying, hopefully he would wait until her brother was out of the picture before he get her into trouble.

Professor Kingsley was a talker. Anyone who knew her knew that she was capable of rambling for hours and filling a room with her voice, but over the years she had learned that being a listener was just as important. She turned to Azerail, glad that he had the forethought to send a patronus message when he detected an issue. She could only imagine what would have happened, and what still might happen, in the presence of these centaurs. She had never been fond of centaurs, mostly because they chose to look down on all humans even humans like her father who had dedicated their lives to being respectful and caring for all sort of creatures in the wild. She just didn't get how they lumped all humans together as if there was no difference in their behaviors. Just the way that all centaurs were different, all humans were different as well and deserved varying degrees of respect. Professor Kingsley's eyes drifted towards another centaur that entered the clearing. Two centaurs? She was not pleased to see him at all.

As the first year began to ramble, Cyndi wished that she could send him some kind of sign to shut up that wouldn't provoke the centaurs. The boy seemed to ramble on and on and on, but finally he quieted. Minoas seemed to disagree with the story, but Azerail had already informed her that he thought the older Gryffindor was lying so she wasn't inclined to believe his side of the story. She had dealt with this particular student being in the forest before and knew that he was no stranger to the place. It was the single most annoying habit about people from her house. They didn't seem to get when bravery crossed over into stupidity. She didn't respond to Minoas's comment, thinking that it would have been much wiser for him to remain silent.

Professor Kingsley nodded stiffly to the centaur who seemed to know much more about her then the professor knew about the centaur. She shook the centaur's hand gingerly, much rather wishing that she was back in the safety of the castle. While this centaur seemed safer looking, though she had been the one to shoot an arrow, than the other, wilder looking centaur, Cyndi did not feel at ease in this place. "I did just use the Homenum Revelio spell and it only detected those with me now" she stated, not even bothering to consider if the centaur would have any knowledge of the spell she had just spoken about. "As you can hear, the students were being overly adventurous. Azerail and I simply want to keep them safe and away from acromantulas and anything else. We mean no harm to you or your kin or the forest" she stated to the friendlier looking centaur. "Azerail, please escort the children back to the castle" she told the younger professor. He had been Head Boy back when he had been a student and she was sure he could handle the students' safe return to the school.

Azerail simply looked at the students, however now that the centaur was here and trying to intimidate them, he kept his eyes on the creature. However another centaur came forth and he wondered, 'How is it that these two have gained the appreciation of centaurs when Jareth had to die?' However he did not voice it, and merely looked at the more irritated male. Azerail never took the Care of Magical Creatures class, thought it to be a waste of time, and now he was regretting it. It was bothering him that centaurs were making friends with children, and wanting to kill professors that simply wanted to keep the children safe from the forest. Why that was so difficult to comprehend, he would never know. Then again, they were beasts. Them capable of speaking was rather amazing. The first year, Liam Kale was his name now that Azerail remembered, started to speak, that was what sounded like the truth to him than what the other one was saying. He was doubtful that if the older one kept this up, he would be the fourth expelled from the school. Especially with knowing centaurs that would openly attack professors. Nothing looked good on his part. The first year finally was silenced, and then the fourth year spoke once more. Azerail forced himself not to roll his eyes. The forest was dangerous. If it wasn't, then there would not have been two funerals here at the school, one of them being a part-giant. Azerail stayed silent however, feeling no need to speak but more or less wait for Professor Kingsley's instructions. She was Deputy Headmistress, so she ranked higher than he. It was a shame he would never show Professor Blaze that sort of respect.

The potions master looked over at Cyndi when she said that she used a spell that revealed that they were alone. Now he was definitely convinced that Minoas had been lying. Before it was merely a hunch, a strong one albeit, but one nonetheless. No student could argue with the spells that were being used. Azerail nodded once after Cyndi spoke to the centaurs. It was not like he was going to say anything more, because her words did the job. He still failed to see how in the world that the two could have protected themselves in the forest. One was a first year, and the other was a fourth year. They were still technically children in the eyes of professors, and neither would be taken seriously against a threat such as a Death Eater or something alike. No matter where they came from. Azerail nodded once more at Cyndi when she asked him to escort the children back to the castle. He knew where he was going to take them, that was for certain. No better place than Cyndi's office. "Come on, Liam and Minoas. Let's go." He motioned for them to come, so that he would follow from behind, where he would keep a close eye on the both of them. He already had his wand out, he didn't think that he needed to tie them up and lead them on a leash. That would be something Professor Styx would have done. Azerail gave his benefit of the doubt for everyone, once.

Thraex's hatred about humans was emanating from his father's death. He wasn't killed directly by them but their action lead to that loss. He glanced at the female centaur confused. She must have been thinking that he was part of the herd but Thraex was an outcast. However, none of them had to know.
He couldn't comprehend how the other centaur was getting friendly with the adults.
He remained silent holding the arrow and his hand itching to draw his bow but preferred to hear what everyone had to say. He realized that they were probably going to discipline the children but he didn't like theythe fact they were obtruding. He didn't know either if the children were saying the truth or not but for him, they were welcomed in the forest unlike the adults that were calling themselves 'professors'.
"You seem to forget one detail humans. This is not the place that you can negotiate, we set the rules." he reminded them armed with his bow ready to shoot at them.

He wanted to make sure that the children weren't going to be in trouble after they leave the forest.
"Τhe foals are not going anywhere," he made himself clear and aimed at the adults. He wasn't going to release his arrow but he just wanted to buy sometime. He wanted to see what Minoas had to say and what he wanted. He was trusting that particular human and subsequently his friend. At the same time, he wanted to make adults' life a little bit more miserable by threatening.
"One more step and my arrow will seal your fate human." he warned the male professor who was eager to leave. "Minoas, are you going to be alright?" he asked still aiming at the adults, his furious eyes fixed on them.

Despite his efforts, Minoas couldn't see light in the end of the tunnel. From the moment they were going to step their feet in the castle, he and Liam were going to have a tough time. It was so unfair. Liam just wanted to see what the forest was hiding. Simple human curiosity. On the other hand, he just helped someone in need. None of them did something on purpose to deserve a detention. Minoas might was a stubborn creature but he knew when to give up. Since Professor Kingsley told them that she used a spell to see how many people were in the area, there was no reason persisting. He lowered his gaze and he was ready to follow Professor Zhefarovich back to the castle. Aspen and Thraex were too kind fro trying helping them. It was good to know that he had friends even in that place.

His heart sunk at the thought of house points being deducted. Last year he might was the top scorer but this time he was going to be the top deductor. However, it wasn't over yet. Thraex seemed not pleased with professors' comfort of making desicions in their land. Minoas had foreseen the centaur's reaction and rushed to get in the middle to prevent him. "No, no, no Thraex! No need for that!" he tried to calm him down with his hand raised a little bit, shaking his head. He was really worried now that someone was going to get hurt.
Aspen was more accustomed to humans. Contrary, Thraex was unpredictable although Minoas had a great respect for him and he knew that he wasn't a bad being. He had gone through some harsh times.
"It's alright. No need to use this. Really." his eyes pointed at the bow that was ready in Thraex's hands.
His gray irises were reflecting restlessness, he wasn't keen on returning back to the castle. However, he smiled weakly to Thraex to reassure him once more and moved towards the professors. "Thank you. Both." he said looking at Aspen and Thraex. At least he could thank them for the support. He let a sigh and moved on as Professor Zhefarovich suggested. It wasn't done yet.

Liam shook the centaurs hand excitedly. This was way beyond cool! Granmother would love to hear about this. They'd have to hide it from Mother and Father of course, and hopefully he wouldn't get expelled, but he knew he could tell Grandmother, and if Grandfather had been alive, he'd have told him. Speechless, Liam turned back to the ground, unaware that he probably shouldn't be talking to the centaur that the teachers deemed dangerous.
He frowned as Minoas started retelling the other story, they weren't going to buy it. They could very easily search the forest and find the 'other student.' Though, apparently there was no need, as Professor Kingsley proved, sing a spell. His eyes widened as the centaur pointed the arrow at the Professors; "Minoas!" he hissed, looking up at the teachers in fright. HJe hoped the centaur didn't kill them, though at the same time, he was amused to be called a foal. Minoas seemed to calm him down a bit.

Still, they did have to face their punishment, and it would probably be very harsh. He smiled glumly as Minoas walked away, stopping for a moment in front of Professor Kingsley; "If it's any consolation, I didn't see any acromantulas, these centaurs are the only living thing I've seen today, well, besides Minoas, and some bowtruckles." He smiled at her cheerily, and followed after Professor Zhefarovich. Whatever punishment they had, it was totally worth it to meet two centaurs. "Goodbye!" he called, turning back to wave to the centaurs.

Aspen rolled raised her eyebrows then rolled her eyes at the professor. when she said she had cast the spell. "you know you wizards get so caught up in the thought of the power of your sticks you don't see the limitations. and everything has limitations, plants, animals, arrows, sound, light even. how do you know they aren't out of range, as it must have a range or every human on earth will show up." she said dissuasively. smiling as the other centaur reaffirmed that this was their land. maybe he saw the professors as a larger threat, and would handle other matters later. though it was odd that he was on the same side as her. protecting the students. she looked as the male professor moved and tensed.
as the female spoke she looked at her. and laughed and shook her head as she spoke. "Professor how can you say you mean no harm to my kin and in the same breath ask him to be escorted out of the forest" she said taking a stance that if she was human would be how one would imagine a moody teenager to stand, except that due to her horse legs it didn't quite work though the fact that she was around seven foot tall made up for it. as the Liam boy walked away she smiled at him and waved back. "see you around some time" she called winking. not caring if she was encouraging him to break the rules again so blatantly in front of the professors. then Minoas started to move. and she walked beside him. "have you heard from Rowan recently?" she said her hand going to a pin on her quiver strap, a small silver wolf head that rowan had given her before she left the grounds for the last time.

The professor was glad that Azerail had the sense to not ask questions and simply prepared to move the children along. In fact, he appeared to be the only other thing with sense in the entire clearing. The centaurs were automatically moving to violence without any reason to. Neither of the professors had acted aggressively or lashed out at the centaurs, yet they were the ones acting as if the professors were wrong. The professors were simply attempting to perform their duty, a duty that would have been much easier to perform if the centaurs had not showed up. As the more aggressive looking centaur spoke, Cyndi's brown eyes glanced at him warily. The professor hadn't been negotiating with the centaurs so she had no idea what he was speaking about. When he threatened Azerail, however, her instinct to protect kicked in. Her hand flinched towards her pocket, where she had stowed away her wand in the pocket of her robes sometime during her climb. Again, the centaurs were moving to violence for no reason at all. They were so contradictory, oftentimes saying that the forest was theirs and no one belonged in it, yet not allowing people to leave when they had 'captured' them in their territory. She could never figure them out and decided, at that moment, that she didn't want to. Even the more reasonable looking centaur was not better. She too was being contradictory. How could she fear for a student who was supposedly stuck in an acromantula pit and in the same breath wonder why the professor wanted to get Minoas out of the forest? Rather than respond, the professor looked towards the students who were heading with Professor Azerail.

The professor waited in silence for Minoas to respond to the centaur. How he had become so close to not one but two centaurs that they would ask his opinion of something, she did not know but she was going to find out. This was more than just a breach of the forbidden forest. For him to become so friendly with them, he must have constantly been coming to the forest, something she was incredibly displeased to figure out since she had already given him detention for that very early in his schooling. The Gryffindor Head of House crossed her arms across her chest as she waited for Minoas to give the centaurs the reassurance they needed and that she was sure they wouldn't accept anyway. Now, the woman could understand why Professor Styx was the way he was. Surely, his Slytherin students had much more respect for him than her students seemed to have for her. It was a revelation that she would not soon forget or dismiss. The first year's apparent lack of awareness of the trouble and danger that they were in did nothing to soothe her growing temper. She watched as he too walked on.

Taking up the rear, the professor walked a ways behind the students as Professor Zhefarovich led them out of the forest. The professor was beyond angry with the students before her, yet she didn't say a word to either of them or to Azerail either. She trusted that he knew where to bring the students. Cyndi didn't bother to catch up with them either, preferring to wait until she was back at the castle before deciding what to do with them.

OOCOut of Character:
To be continued for the students here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back