No puede Ser

Rafael De La Cruz

Don Rafael De La Cruz was invited to his closes cousin wedding. It was Roswald second marriage, and Rafael could not believe he was getting married again. Even though his first one had ended in a unfortunate event, he who had never been married would have never done it the second time around. His parents raised him that way, being strict about who you let in the family. Not that Lila wasn't a lovely lady, she truly was, from what Rafael could tell. Just wasn't Rafael he had almost came close to marrying one girl, you couldn't say close because the girl had never knew about it. He never got the chance to propose. Rafael shrug those thoughts away, that was the past. He didn't dwell on it much, today he was busy looking for a place he could stay for a while. Even though Roswald had offer him a room, Rafael decline the offer, he didn't want to be a burden. Besides he like his privacy, he hopes to meet someone or two. In a couple days he will have to go back to Spain to work. He had work for the small ministry agency in Spain. Being superior for security and charm protection, he knew he would have to get back soon enough. But while he was here, this bachelor thought of having some sort of entertainment.

Night was a time for Penelope to be herself. She could hide herself well in the dark but she didn't want to hide. Again New Zealand was not a place she often visited because of it dense Death Eater population but it seemed like some of the clubs here where better outfitted for her kind of fun. Penelope was out as herself for once, her glossy burnt coffee curls cascading down her bare shoulders as her red dress esensuated the curves she had been blessed with. Penelope was out to play, searching for her pray like an succubus out for food.

Rafael was striding minding his own, even stop at a stand to purchase a sort of beverage. He never had tasted this kind of drink, it was sort of a smoothie but he quite enjoyed it for a while his perfectly dark bedroom gaze looking about as if nothing matter. He was about to head down a alley, were night clubs fronts would be line up against the night scenes of New Zealand. When his eyes caught the face of someone he knew a long t ime ago, he stop right on his track his face fixtated on only her. "No Puede Ser." he spoke in a harsh tone, his jaw clench tight right after, when he realise had just ran into someone from the past. This can't be happening he though, his face riggid, out of all millions of people in this world he had to ran into her, Penelope Paradox.

Penelope stopped cold when her heard that harsh voice. Though she had been with many other men since him Penelope still had his voice engraved in her memory. "Con que cara..." Penelope started as her hands balled up into fists. She didn't turn back to look at Rafael De la Cruz. She couldn't look at the face of the man who had turned her away with a baby girl in her arms. Sure it hadn't been really him but with a family like his it might as well have been. Penelope had lost everything at the age of seventeen because of him, she still hadn't forgiven him for it either.

"Bueno ya tue sabe." he responded his words filled with disgust and hate. How she had left him unexpectedly, without one word, had made him the man that he was today. He hated this woman with all his passion, he felt the surge of anger run deep within his veins, how easily one man could snap just by a woman action. He wanted to know why, why she had left him, explain to him, her reason for leaving him without leaving a trail for Rafael to follow. He felt livid, Rafael stood still waiting for her to finally face him. Or was she just going to run from him, might as well have she was good at what she did.

Normally Penelope would have run. She was good at running and hiding because it seemed like it was the only thing she that would keep her safe. She didn't want to be safe at the moment. She turned as she did a crack was heard through the ally as her hand made contact with his cheek. It payed off sometimes to be tall for a woman. "Y con tanta calma. Bast*rdo hijo de perra depues de lo que me eso usted y su familia tene suerte que no te e echado mil maldisones." Penelope said then took a breath. It was only a fraction of what she wanted to say to him but she had to be fair and let him say his piece before she sent all the more at him.

(Translation: With such calm too. Bast*red S.O.B after what you and your family did to me your lucky I haven't cursed you a thousand times over)

Don Rafael De La Cruz knew this woman like the back of his hand, before she could make contact with his face he had stopped her. Her hand only making contact with the back of his forearm, this displeased very much. "Nunca en su vida hacen usted intenta tocar mi cara así alguna vez otra vez." still holding her arms his jaw locked before letting her go, pushing her off a bit. He was confused at what she had just said to him, nearly spatting as he fire a whole lot of angry words, "¿Y de qué habla usted? ¡Usted mujer de diablo! Su el que que no me abandonó sin otra palabra, ninguna explicación. Le odio para usted me conducen a ser. Mujer de infierno!" He was the fool to have believe there had been something between them to, sh ehad played him like a fool. Rafael wasn't one for foolish game, but after his relationship with her, he had changed for the better or worst in life. "Selfish b!tch" he spatted his torso tense, rolling his shoulder back as he spoke.

[ 1.Never in your life do you attempt to touch my face like that ever again. 2. And what are you talking about? You devil woman! Your the one that left me without another word, no explanation. I hate you for you lead me to be. Woman of hell]

Penelope's eyes burned with tears. He didn't remember. He broke her heart and left her with young Willow in her arms and he didn't even remember! Penleope wanted to much to reach for her wand but she was stopped herself "Don't even pretend this was my fault. I came to your family the moment I found out that I was going to have your baby and they turned me away. I waited expecting to see you come to the aid of your child at least only to be left staring at an empty street! You hate me motherf*cker for what I made you? What about what you did to me? I was seventeen years old you dumb s*it, a child myself without a clue what to do and you abandoned me." She said her eyes narrowed. Seeing Rafael's face again brought back emotions she had long since thought she had gotten rid of. "Oh yes I'm a woman of the hell you made for me." She hissed.

Rafael replied with a stupid smirk on his face, his hair pulled back. Unable to believe the story she had coaxed up. His family had warn Rafael about her lies and deceiving, at first he didn't listen. But after she had gone and disappeared he wasn't going to believe a single word she spoke of, "Do you expect me to believe your lies woman?" he said almost in a mocking voice. "I have no child with you, and my guess is you don't have one at all. They told me you were a little bit insane, but to label you psychotic would probably be a compliment thrown your way." he spat again, the tension felt clearly in the air. Rafael wonder how she was able to summon up a story not that believable. For Rafael to bring up a child he never knew about, made him even more angry with Penelope at the moment.

Penelope crossed her arms over her stomach so she wouldn't do anything that would get her caught now. "Willow is real alright. And she hates me, after what you clame never happened I had to find a way for her to be safe. I had to give her away." She said closing her eyes. She could feel the tears in her eyes weld up. After everything she had done and after everything that she had seen by that point she was not going to brake. "Willow is nearly grown up now so you don't have to worry about it." She said looking at the clubs behind her. She tossed her hair and sighed. "A woman of the world, a woman of the night. This is what I am now." She said then turned her back on Rafael. If he didn't believe her it was just fine. Like she had said Willow was nearly grown up and Penelope, well she could have anything she wanted out of the gulible and the weak.

"Mujer." his words felt disgusting even for him to speak. "Say what you want your not going to get me to believe that I brought a child to this world." he watched her break down into tears, turning around so she wouldn't show him, though deep inside he felt a tinge of guilt building up. He wasn't going to let down his guard that easily though, "...and not know about it." he added as he took a few steps back. He was on the edge of walking away, he didn't want anything to do with Penelope. All the pain he had suffered at 21, the girl had been his first true love. Yet he won't admit to it ever, so he kindly didn't mention it to anyone. No one never of his true feelings, he played it off well all these years. Eventually it faded with all his unwanting memories, and now that he sees her. All the memories had came back once again, tonight he would have to party harder than he ever done before, the alcohol would consume him and let him forget just for a little while.

It wasn't long before Penlope called upon the attention of a man. Very rich man by the look of his clothes. She laughed at something he said because he knew that he had been trying to be funny. She would forget about this meeting in the arms of another and maybe another. This was her life now when she wasn't running or working. Penelope had only allowed herself to love once but lust, lust was easy to control and manupulate. Penelope into one of the clubs on the arm of the man she had called the attention of.

Rafael witness Penelope drift towards the music being played outside of the club. He was about to turn to leave, but it made him furious watching the way she carelessly acted as if nothing ever happen. The anger built as he stalked towards the man, giving him a meaningful look. The man didn't think twice testing the waters of the over baring man. Rafael dragged Penelope by the arm away from the stranger. He had snapped his anger had got to him, without thinking he striked Penelope acrossed the face, Rafael had never done this before, never in his life would he hit a woman, something inside had made him snap. Though it release a lot anger he held inside, he watched Penelope as she crumble towards the ground, without saying a word he momentarily just watched.

The tears that Penelope had been struggling to hold where now flowing. She had never been hit by a man before. She had been in b*tch fight of course. The angry wife who's husband was sleeping around with her, the jealose girlfriend that thought of Penelope as a threat all those she could take stright on. This was something else. "Why bother?" Penelope sobbed as she curled her long legs beside her and she held her cheek. "You never cared for me so why bother?" She asked again the broken heart that she had hardened long time ago weeping once again.

Rafael felt that guilt again, wash across his face, watching her tear down like that made his heart ached even more. If he left now, the pain would never go away, if he left now he would have never known what had really happen. Maybe something shouldn't have been known, maybe something should just left unsaid. "Yo os he amado una vez Penélope. Yo había amado una vez ....." with that he turned to leave not looking back. Though the pain had teared across his chest, he held it in, his pride and dignity had made him this way, now it was her turn to suffer.
[ I have loved you once Penelope. I had loved you once ]

The words made cry even harder. "You can't clam that. You can't say that after everything that's been done!" She yelled though breaths after Rafael. She had watched Willow grow at a distence because of him. Though she knew that her sister would take good care of thier daughter Penelope could not help but wonder what would have happened if she had taken care of the girl herself. It was too late now and she suffered everyday because of her own childs repultion of her. It was made even worse now by seeing the man that had caused everything. After a while Penelope collected herself. There was no use in staying here anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back