No ifs, No buts, No coconuts.

Zach Jordan

OOC First Name
Dan
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Curly 11 Inch Unyielding Poplar Wand with Unicorn Hair Core
Zach was one to grow bored very easily when he was on his own. When Zach was bored there was only one thing he wanted to do. Bug Levy, and he knew exactly where to find her. Three years of friendship meant that Zach could read his fellow Ravenclaw like a book and he knew for a fact she would be in the library doing homework that wasn't yet due for a week. In their first year Zach had made it his mission to get the girl out of the books and on to the grounds. So far he had failed. He decided today was the day he would succeed.

Zach creeped into the library weaving around tables looking for his best friend. He called her that but in truth she was one of only two friends so the competition wasn't hard. It wasn't long before he found her, at her favourite table face buried in a book. He smiled as he reached over and shut the book. "Not today Cheney you and I are going outside," Not waiting for an answer Zach grabbed the girl by the waist and onto her feet. It wasn't the first time he had forced her to her feet like this and he knew it wouldn't be the last. Levy protested as he marched her out of the library and down towards the entrance hall but Zach wasn't going to stopped this time. She was going to have fun whether she liked it or not.

Levy already had herself buried within tons of books in the library. Some of them were stuff she had already read, but those were just skimming. This time around, she was reading for the actual lesson that was really important. She had been trying to accomplish the recent homework given in Arithmancy but between doing that and making a connection between the previous and the current lesson, Levy had gotten lost somewhere in the middle. The petite woman had ended up taking books upon books from shelves until she was satisfied that her needed references were well within reach. Her research had ended well too quickly though when a certain someone had decided to close her book.

Levy couldn't help the pout that had formed on her features as her best friend had closed the book. "But I have homework," the young girl whined before she was suddenly lifted way too easily by the boy. She squealed in surprised which garnered stares and disapproving looks that led to no one helping her as she was helplessly dragged out of the library. "My stuff is still in the library, Zach!" the fourteen-year-old protested but to no avail. She supposed Arithmancy would have to wait a little longer seeing as she was no match for the boy with an adamant mind at the moment.

Zach knew that Levy's high pitched streams would draw the attention of everyone in the library but he also knew that most of them would be at least aware that the two knew each other and as such no one stepped in to stop Zach carrying Levy out of the library. "You always have homework Levy, your homework will still be there when I'm finished with you," Zach smiled, strictly speaking he would finish with her it would just get to a point when Zach would allow her to return to the library. "Your stuff will still be there later no one will steal your homework,"

Thankfully the main door to the castle was already open so he could easily slip outside with Levy over his shoulder. Once he was a reasonable distance from the castle and close to the Quidditch pitch he stopped. "If I put you down will you promise not to run back to the library?" Zach smiled knowing she had to agree, he was faster than her after all.

Levy couldn't help but think that those people in the library were traitors. How can they not help her when somebody was obviously kidnapping her away from her homework! It was downright mean. And now Zach was complaining that she always has homework. It's not like he doesn't know that their professors are relentless! They have almost the same classes after all. "Well, that's cause the professors always give homework, it's not my fault!" the girl retorted with honesty. He had to know that little fact of course, otherwise she would have to bonk his head with a dictionary or encyclopedia to jog his memory. "You're helping me find reference books later," she harrumphed at her best friend. If he was going to keep her away from homework, then he better help her with it before the deadline.

With her petite frame and small height, Levy basically had no choice but to go along with her friend's antics as he carried her on his shoulder with ease down to the ground levels and out of the castle. She had to commend him for his strength and stamina and that solely built up the conclusion that she would not be able to escape this one. She looked around the area before giving out a sigh of defeat. "Hypothetically that I do run away, it's not like I can outrun you," the Ravenclaw girl pouted bu relented nonetheless. There would be no point in running away. It would only be a waste of energy in her part. "But okay, fine, I promise," she said with a sigh as she waited a little more patiently to be put down.

Zach was suspicious of Levy admitting defeat but knowing he couldn't keep her over his shoulder all day, no matter how much he might want to, he put her down. He slipped his arms round her waist and lifted her off his shoulder and onto a feet, she landed a little closer to him than he had intended, he enjoyed their proximity for a little while the two friends all but pressed together. Zach stepped back a couple of steps and smiled at his best friend. "You know Levy for someone who calls me her best friend you seem really opposed to spending time with me and yes I know you have homework but you seem to forget i have mostly the same homework as you yet I'm here goofing off," Zach smiled, one day Levy would relax and she would have him to thank but for now he would have to force her to have fun.

Levy's little pout failed to recede as she felt Zach's arms wrap around her waist. However, her pout had been more of a mischievous smile than anything by now. She didn't intend to escape as there was no point in doing so. She would easily get caught and so she was merely going to go along with his wishes for the day. Her homework was nearly finished anyways. As she was being put down, she put her hands on his shoulders for support just in case he accidentally drops her, to which he thankfully didn't. The space between them had been lesser than she had expected but she thought almost nothing of it as she smiled up at him. "Are you getting jealous of my homework Zach?" she giggled before sticking her tongue out playfully at him. "You do enough goofing for both of us! And I shall do enough reading for both of us. But fine, I am all yours for the day!" she said a bright smile on her face. She didn't want him to think that her books were more important than him after all.

Zach liked it when Levy put her hands on his shoulders as he put her down, not that he'd drop her. He'd been able to lift his best friend cleanly over his head since third year and had done it enough times that there was no way he would drop her. Besides she would use it as leverage to keep them both in the library until graduation, and that thought sounded dreadful although truth be told as long as he was with Levy even the library was a little less depressing. "Me? Jealous?" Zach fiend a scoff. "Levy dear I don't do jealous, especially when homework isn't nearly as good looking as me," Zach smiled and ran in his fingers throw his hair pretending to be vein. Although in truth he did like his hair. "Ok good, now since your mine for the day, march that way," Zach said pointing towards the Quidditch pitch. As a member of the Quidditch team Zach was a big fan of flying and could do it all day. Levy never seemed as keen, most likely because it involved leaving the library but that day he would attempt to change that. "It's hard work goofing off for the both of us you know, if I put all this effort into doing my school work I might have higher grades than you," He teased knowing full well that wasn't true but he did enjoy teasing his best friend. Seeing her sheltered innocent face light up was one of the many pleasures about being her friend. Hopefully she would be positively beaming by days end.

Levy couldn't really decide whether her small height and petite frame had their advantages or disadvantages. Of course, like all other things in life, it had both but then she couldn't decide on which actually had more. Sure, being lifted was fun and being thought of cute was a little flattering. But on the other hand, she didn't really like being mistaken for being about five years younger than she really is! Not to mention being carried like a sack of potatoes wasn't really the way to get around a girl either. The Ravenclaw girl couldn't help but snicker at her friend. Yep, he was being very convincing at the moment. Not. But she will let him have his spotlight with just a roll of her eyes. Levy couldn't help bu groan though when he pointed towards the direction of the quidditch pitch. She wasn't really built for sports, that was more of Gaj's thing but since she had already agreed to Zach, she had no choice but to comply. "Fine, fine," she said as she marched towards the Pitch in rhythm, trying to mimic those soldiers she had seen in movies once upon a time. "Oh really? I'd love to see you try!" she challenged with a laugh although she had a feeling his words held truth. Zach was smart after all and it was no question that she studied much harder than him and he was still getting pretty good grades. She didn't doubt at all that if he put in his best efforts, he could easily rival her, if not best her. But then again, he was her best friend so she would probably be happy for him should the time come.

Zach knew that Levy wasn't a very sporty person but he needed to do something to get her out of the library. It was nice to not have to talk to her over the top of a book. He knew that studying was important to her, she was Ravenclaw after all but so was he and he liked to have fun and as her best friend it was his duty to get her outside before she transfigured into a book herself. "Right come on, your going to fly today, I haven't seen you on a broom since first year so this should be fun," It would certainly be amusing for Zach to see Levy struggling to stay on her broom but the main objective was to spend some quality time with his best friend.

Zach led Levy out onto the Quidditch pitch with two school brooms he had picked up along the way. He had made the decision early on that he would leave his own broom in the dorm, he didn't want to out shine Levy any more than he naturally would. It would make a nice change as she was the one who normally out shone him in the classroom. Once the pair were in the middle of the pitch he turned and handed her one of the brooms. "Here you go, I assume you still remember how to fly one of these?" He asked with a mock grin.

Levy's face fell into an absolute grimace as soon as her best friend had proclaimed what they were to do in the Pitch. Sure she had expected that that would most probably be the activity they would be doing, it didn't make her dread it any less. Flying was not and will never be her strong point. She preferred solid ground and her feet flat on it thank you very much. But apparently, her friend did not share the sentiments and she knew that all too well. She just hoped that this wouldn't blow up on her face all too quickly. "Are you sure I can't just watch you do your tricks and all?" she asked trying to get away from this forced flying activity he would be getting her into. Although she knew all too well that it would be futile.

As soon as they had reached the pitch, he had that carefree grin on his face again as she was within his element. She was absolutely going to suck at this. She knew it. She pouted before taking the broom into her hands and glaring playfully at her fellow Ravenclaw. "Hey! That's rude. Of course I still remember how to fly," she retorted although in the back of her mind there lingered a small thought. I hope, was what it said. She bit her lower lip before she mounted the broom and looked at her friend expectantly. "If by like... Some small percent... And I fall... Not like it could happen... But if it does... You would catch me right?" she asked hopefully. She didn't wanna die as of yet, that much she knew.

Zach felt a little bad every time Levy protested but not nearly enough to stop him handing his best friend one of the brooms in his hands. She was so cute when she protested, not that he would tell her that. He shook his head as she continued to protest, "You can watch me fly anytime, how often do I get to watch you fall...I mean fly," He grinned at his intentional mix up. It was true that Levy wasn't the best flyer haven't not attempted it since first year and he knew that she had absolutely no desire to fly like he did but he wanted her to experience something that he enjoyed so much but he knew he would be spending every night in the library for the rest of the semester as punishment for making her fly.

Finally, Levy seemed resigned to the idea that she would indeed have to fly and she bit her lip as she mounted her broom. Zach hide a smile from her as he watched, she was cute when she bit her lip too. Zach mounted his broom too, he knew that she was little nervous, maybe even scared that having not flown for so long she might fall. Zach smiled as he tried to reassure her, "Don't worry Levy, I won't ever let you fall," He leaned forward and nudged her shoulder gently as a sign of encouragement and he kicked off the ground and rose into a hover as he waited for Levy to follow suit.

Levy couldn't help but glare at her best friend and pout afterwards. Okay, so he was the athletic one between the two of them. And she probably had the worst skill in flying among her siblings. And not a very good sense of balance either. But she was pretty sure she had a firm grip if anything. So, worse comes to worst, she could at least maybe, probably, hold on to the broom until Zach could assist her before she falls to her death. Not a comforting thought but it will have to do. The young girl continued to bite her lip as she feared the pain of the fall that could come soon. She sighed and decided that the sooner she starts flying, the sooner she could finish. And maybe, just maybe, she could convince Zach that it would be a good idea to go back to the library to finish her homework.

Levy smiled faintly as Zach nudged her shoulder and told her that he won't ever let her fall. It was true. Well, while they haven't tried flying together before, he would frequently carry her around and about like a sack of potatoes. And true to his word, she had never fallen yet. Not on his watch. And so she believed in him and when she said that he would not let her fall. He wouldn't start now. With a deep breath, Levy kicked off of the ground and the broom hovered a few feet of the ground. She looked everything but fine though. Her balance was off as she was tilting to her left very slowly and the her flight was also a little shaky. Her knees would be trembling if they didn't feel numb from fright at the moment and her complexion was currently an ashen color. Especially as she was tilting even more right now. She was sure it would only be a matter of time before she would fall down, flat on her face.

The closer it got to Levy actually taking off on her brom the more guilty he felt. She clearly didn't want to do by the glares she was shooting at him and her constant pouting, even if he found her pouting cute he still knew what it meant. He took off on his own broom and circled his best friend as she struggled for balance. If he knew she was this unsteady he would have kept her in the library. He had been so sure that Levy needed her boundries pushing that he didn't stop to think he was going about it the wrong way.

Zach flew in closer to Levy steadying his broom next to hers and placing his hand on her arm."On second thoughts this might not have been such a good idea, I'm worried for your safety on that thing," Zach would never admit he was entirely wrong but hebwas happy to suggest that Levy wasn't safe to fly the broom. At this point he wanted to perk her up and there was only one place in school that could do that.

Levy could not even bring herself to say a word or squeak anything remotely resembling a plea for help as she tilted every so which way as she tried to keep herself from falling. She was not looking forward to that process one bit. If anything, she was trying to avoid falling. But her terrible sense of balance was making it extremely hard for her to do so. She was sure her hands were getting clammy and she was sweating buckets from fright. She trusted Zach of course. She just didn't really trust herself at this very moment. And she was sure that that was quite justifiable.

Levy wanted to apologize to him. She really did. He just wanted to have some fun with her outside of the library but she really couldn't handle flying. She could swear that she'd do anything else except fly if he wanted to spend time with her. After all, she was much too willing to be spending time with him whenever he wanted. Although she admittedly preferred the company of books within the library and him, she was sure that even without books, time spent with him was worth her while. She smiled apologetically at him, guilt welling up within her as he assisted her on his broom.

Zach had to admit he was disappointed. Not in Levy, never in her. In himself, for bringing his best friend out to do something she was so against and so scarred of, all because he wouldn't take no for an answer. The girl was practically shaking on her bro with the fear of falling. Zach would never let that happen but even if the girl trusted him explicitly there was no guarantee he would be fast enough. He understood her fear she had, he felt it for her too. Giving up on his desire to see her fly he pulled his broom along side hers and pulled her onto his.

With the other broom in one hand and his other on the handle of his own Zach eased them back to the ground. He had instructed her to hold onto him as he did so so she didn't fall as a result of her still shaking. Zach touched down on the ground and pulled Levy into a hug, he could still feel her shaking as he did so. "I'm so sorry Levy, believe it or not that was supposed to be fun, let's go back to the library and finish that homework, " Zach didn't know why he had tried so hard, yes he wanted to get her out of her comfort zone but mainpy he wanted to spend time with her. But it didn't matter where he was with her it just mattered that she was there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back