Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Single (Looking)
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Curved 16 Inch Flexible Holly Wand with Augurey Tail Feather Core
set after Y26 Valentines Dance

Hilton quickly exited the Great Hall when the dance ended. She had spent plenty of time with Reuben that was initially reserved for Kasper. The third year felt like she had been played and disrespected. The boy had tried to apologize to her, but Hilton refused to listen. Reuben had been fun to hang out with, but she had wanted to spend time with Kasper. Her date kept calling out her name, but she continued to walk away.

Kasper knew he had screwed things up when he arrived at the Valentine's dance way, way too late but he had a reason for that. A reason he rather kept to himself. ''Hilton, please..'' He begged his date to stop and wait for him to catch up so that he could talk to her, tell her that he was incredibly stupid for letting her wait for him. ''Hilton, would you please stop for a second so I can talk to you?'' He begged once again, really hoping that she would listen to him.

Hilton was always on time, and if she was not on time, she was extremely early. Time was something very precious. Her mother had run out of time too soon. Time was important, and Kasper clearly didn't feel that way. "You're actions spoke loud enough tonight, Kasper! What else could you possibly say to me?" she asked and turned to face her fellow Hufflepuff. Her face cheeks were red with anger, and her eyes were sharper than daggers. It was as if she was discipling her brothers. "I had to spend most of the night with Reuben because you decided to show up at your own leisure. Is time some sort of game to you?" she continued furiously. Hilton had never gotten this angry at school before. It was definitely a new side of her that she hated to have to show.

Kasper backed down the moment she turned to him, as the tone in which she spoke startled him. He wanted to tell her that his father had sent him a letter explaining that his grandfather passed away in his sleep and that he had been crying the whole time but he simply couldn't. He was afraid that he would start crying again the moment he mentioned it to her. ''That I am incredibly stupid for letting you wait so long..'' Kasper said carefully, avoiding her eyes. When Hilton asked him if time was a game to him he immediately shook his head to disagree with her. ''You know it isn't!'' He said, looking up at the Hufflepuff girl. ''You know I really enjoyed our time together the last few months.'' After this Kasper kept his mouth shut, as he did not want to fight one of the only people he actually liked being around with.

Hilton had let out all of her anger. She was simply surprised that Kasper would disappoint her like this. She could not say anything for awhile. Hilton just stood with her hands crossed over her chest as she stared at the ground. Even though she really wanted to hold a grudge against Kasper, she was not that kind of person. "If you like be around me then why were you late?" she asked softly and looked up at Kasper. She still wanted an answer. However, if Kasper really insisted on not telling her why he was late, she was not going to push him. He was her friend, and she would support him even if she was not working with perfect information.

Happy that it seemed that Hilton had calmed down a bit, Kasper moved closer to his friend, as he was pretty sure that she wouldn't start hitting him at this point. ''It has something to do with my family..'' Were the only words he managed to get out. Even the thought of his grandfather being dead brought tears in the thirteen year old's eyes. He quickly wiped eyes and glanced around, hoping that no one had seen it.

Hilton wanted to stay angry at Kasper with every bone in her body. She wanted to, but she could not not. The girl could not be mad because he put family before her. Hilton watched as Kasper's disposition changed, and she automatically went in to hug him. She held him tight because he was crying, and Hilton could not help but comfort him. Kasper was her friend, and he needed her to be by his side, not yell at him.

Kasper put his arms around the girl as she came in to hug him tightly, tears streaming down his face. From everyone in his family why did the person he loved the most have to die? He didn't understand it. He kept wishing it was someone else who had died, someone like his cousin's stupid mother. Kasper let go of Hilton, wiping away his tears once more. ''I'm really sorry that I missed most of the Valentine's dance.'' the Hufflepuff said softly. ''You look really nice.''

Hilton could not help but hold Kasper tightly. She knew what loss felt like, and she knew how hard it was to talk about it. when Kasper let go, she let go as well. She did not want to let go first because Hilton did not want Kasper to think that she did not care. She shook her head to assure Kasper that his explanation was more than valid in her books. She blushed slightly at Kasper's compliment. "Thank you. You look very handsome tonight yourself." she said as she adjusted his tie. Why was it always out of place?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back