No date, no problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cato Rainsworth

Cato had been crying for hours thinking about Bianca's death. The two of them were childhood friends, actually friends for life who Cato ended up falling in love with. But the girl had no idea and she pursued a relationship with a lucky man. In the end, she got very ill and passed away. Cato washed his face one more time and took his formal suit on, wiping his tears and made his way to the great hall. His eyes were no longer puffy, he didn't want anyone to know. And he wasn't going to be shy like how he used to be. This time he would explicitly display his fondness of other people, including his flirtatious tendency toward girls which he had always conceal. The Gyrffindor looked at people dancing and smiled as he stood near the refreshment table. He took a glass of mocktail and sipped on it. There were many beautiful girls having fun, Cato started to regret why he didn't recognize them. He was going to re-invent himself and he would not let his old self stop him from doing what most teenagers usually do.

Agrippina loved a good party. When she was at home her mother threw some of the best parties of the century and everyone was invited. However at school, the parties were more demure, but she didn't mind. Yule was a tradition that Agrippina liked and so she often attended whenever she could. This year, however, her date just happened to be Lestat. She'd been hoping he would ask, leaving a couple of hints here and there. She had thought she might have to ask him herself if he'd waited any longer she certainly would have too. She was lucky that he'd finally figured it out, though, of course, she also suspected he'd known the whole time and was just making her sweat it out, the ass. Still, Agrippina adored him and essentially would have said yes to anything. Such was her infatuation with the Slytherin. Her dress was long this year, covering her ankles and her shoes were a little taller than last year. She liked these shoes as they were much more comfortable than she had been expecting and she rather expected that her mother or father had charmed them for her. As she left Lestat, she found her way to the tables and smiled when she noticed a boy she'd sort of met during Halloween. She'd seen him around a couple of times, but not really had a conversation. She waved at him as she approached. "Hey, Cato right?"

After zoning out for a little while a, Ravenclaw approached Cato. She wasn't just A Ravenclaw, she was Agrippina for Merlin sake. Sure Bianca was the only girl that could occupy Cato's heart perhaps for eternity even though she chose to be with someone else, thanks to the coward; Cato. But she didn't stop him from crushing on other girls for once in a while. And Agrippina, d@mn Agrippina was looking fine, her long straight blond hair, perfect tan, perfect long dress, gosh was she perfect. Even better, she was on her own. "Hello Agrippina" he smiled at her, calling her name confidently overjoying with the fact that she remembered who he was. "Are you here on your own or has a lucky man managed to accompany you for the rest of the evening?" Cato had never been able to be so straight forward with the intention of getting the opposite sex's attention. But this new Cato was going to be different.

Agrippina laughed slightly as she moved to stand closer to Cato. He was manning the food after all, and she kind of wanted a cinnamon roll right now. She reached past him to pick one up and took a bite. "I'm with Lestat actually. He's somewhere." He wasn't where she left him she realised as she looked around for him, but that was okay, he'd find her eventually, or she would find him. Either worked. "Are you alone?" She would have thought someone like Cato would have a girlfriend, he seemed nice enough and he'd been really sweet to her on Halloween. He seemed to know some of the people there that day. "You know, Kerryn, don't you?"

Cato was hoping to ask her on a date or something but when the Gryffindor heard that Agrippina came with someone else, he dared not to. "What a lucky man" he muttered and sipped on his drink. Guess he should moved on to someone else or perhaps to his past if this was the case. "Whom should I come here with?" he chuckled a little, sounding quite pathetic. He didn't ask for anyone's pity really, it was really just wasn't his day. Cato was surprised when Agrippina asked her about one of the troublesome, Kerryn. "I'm afraid I do know her. Are you girls friends?" why in the world would sweet, sweet Agrippina be friended a devil like Kerryn? She was much more than Kerryn and deserved better friends. Talking about Agrippina, Cato suddenly remembered bumping into one of the Vetrovas, the third youngest actually. "Hey... Are you by any chance related to Vaska?" Vaska was young but was very flirtatious. She looked a lot more mature than girls on her age.

Agrippina took more bites of her cinnamon roll. "Oh, I don't know, handsome guy like you? I'm sure you could find a date with any girl in here." She gestured to a couple of the solo girls for effect. She was enjoying the ball, that was for sure, but she was enjoying talking to Cato as well. He seemed like a really nice person. She hoped they would remain friends. "Kerryn is in my house, she's nice to me. Sometimes I study with her. I hope she helps me pick out Valentine's day dress. I still have to ask her about that." Kerryn was one of the two Howard sisters that Agrippina knew. She was pretty sure that the family was large as hers was, they all kind of tended to stick together. She was confused however when her sister was mentioned. She wasn't sure when he would have met her. "Yes, she's my little sister. How do you know her?"

Cato blushed when Agrippina called him handsome, he didn't expect coming. In fact he chocked on his drink, making a fool out of himself. D@mn it Agrippina, why must you be so attractive yet isn't vacant. "Sorry" he took a napkin and wiped his mouth, putting his drink away from him. "Let me know if you have a twin sister whose exactly like you then maybe I'll get myself a date" he had no idea why he said that, he couldn't help it. The girl was like a veela to him, charming him with every movement of hers. "Dear lord" Kerryn couldn't possibly be a person who Agrippina be fond of, or could she? "Kerryn and I... Let's just say that she's a difficult person to be friends with" Cato was always the kind of person who talked about the positive sides of people but again, Bianca's death changed him. "I met her in a ballet, in Moscow. She was with a bunch of older boys and I noticed that she has a bracelet that has been charmed with magic. In a nutshell we decided to talk" Cato thought it was a bit dangerous for the girl to be surrounded by a lot of guys older than her. "Although I'm a bit concerned about her choice of friends. Don't you think it will be safer for her to be with I don't know... Various people with various age gap instead of surround herself with hormonal teenage boys?" Cato then realized that it wasn't his business but he couldn't help it. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be nosy or anything, I'm starting to sound like my dad" the boy chuckled.

Lestat managed to find Zared, but he seemed to be a little occupied with his younger sister. Lestat didn't really care or anything, but as long as they ruined someone's night, then it was good. He hoped it was Elysia's, but she was his twin sister. And she was snogging another girl which was revolting. He loved girls but his sister should be with another pure-blood male. Lestat grabbed two drinks, and managed to find Agrippina. She was talking to another boy, which sparked some jealousy. Yet, he trusted her. It wasn't like he was staying exactly exclusive. He approached and tossed an arm around her while holding two cups in his hand. He held one out to her and smirked, "Brought you one, beautiful." Lestat looked the boy up and down, and deemed him to be not a threat. "And who's this?"

Agrippina laughed at Cato. He was really quite funny. Though she kept an eye out for Lestat as well, she was greatly enjoying making a new friend. "Ah, I have a twin brother, but not a twin sister, unfortunately, sorry." She thought he was a little weird, but really everyone was a little weird in their own way. She loved her brother, but she would have definitely traded him for a sister. Brothers were buttheads. Sisters were cool. Though in saying that, Kazimir wasn't a butthead. She listened as he talked about Kerryn. Agrippina never seemed to have issues with her, but she was sad that Cato did. Kerryn could be such a good friend when she was given the chance. "That's too bad. Kerryn can be such a good friend when she's gotten to know you!" Agrippina shrugged however when he mentioned Vaska. "Oh, she knows what she's doing. Mum and Dad make sure she doesn't get into to much trouble. She is a bit of Dad's little princess, so she gets away with stuff. But it's not too bad, when she's at ballet her tutor is usually there or her handler, so they'd never let anything go too far. Vaska's a good girl generally, just a bit stubborn." Agrippina loved her little sister. Though she was rather annoying at times. She smiled when she saw Lestat heading toward her with drinks in hand. She leant into him and took the cup gratefully, sipping it as she introduced the two. "Lestat, this is my new friend Cato. I met him at the Halloween party." She looked at Cato now. "This is my date, Lestat."

Cato dared not to show any romantic gesture as he knew that Agrippina came with a lucky man. He kept his distance as he listened to the girl describing Kerryn and Vaska. Who was Cato to worry about Agrippina's little sister anyway? Then Cato's worst nightmare came, the famous Lestat came to meet the two of them. "Hi Lestat, I'm Cato" Who has a big crush on your girlfriend, he thought to himself. "Well we were just talking about Vaska who happens to be a friend of mine" not exactly a friend but Cato didn't want the boy to be jealous or have any reason to cast him off the group from being inappropriate. Breathe Cato breathe, his heart pounded even harded, man was the boy nervous. "Alright, I'm gonna let you guys mingle and uhh... I'm gonna..." Shave? Find my cat? Die!!! "Go find Bee" he just met Bee and he needed her to stop him from embarrassing himself, thanks to his d@mn nervous system.

Kerryn had no intention in going to yule ball at all. If it wasn't for hexing Cato, Kerryn wouldn't even consider on stepping her foot on the great hall. She had just found out that a group of boys dared Cato to rip her book and she was going to make him pay. If there was one thing that Kerryn hated then it would be having her things touched by other people. Both her and Colette never interferes with each others objects and they liked to keep it that way. With her ripped book on her left hand, Kerryn made her way to the great hall in her uniform. She looked among the crowd and spotted Agrippina, she was going to ask her if she had seen where that Rainsworth guy was. Fortunately for Kerryn, Cato wasn't too far from her, in fact he was among the group. Why would Agrippina spend time with that fool? The Ravenclaw walked toward Cato and smashed her textbook to his head, he was going to bruise real bad. "Impedimentia" she cast, preventing the boy from running. "Locomotor Mortis" the Gryffindor's legs were locked together at once and fell to the ground. Kerryn stepped on his head with her right foot, putting her weight on that particular foot. "How dare you touch my textbook" she said in a monotone as she put more weight on her right foot, glaring at Cato flatly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back