No.. Animals?

Ellie Linton

OOC First Name
Ash
Ellie walked around the Hogwarts Garden, she was homesick and she needed to get out, she thought that there might be some kind of animal around here somewhere, normal or something. Ellie walked around looking for some hidden pen or something which had some pigs or even a dog, the only animals reliatively normal she could find were cats or owls and she wasn't interested in cats or owls.
Ellie half wondered where the Wizards got their milk she talked to herself as she walked 'If Wizards don't use Muggle items and Cows are muggle, do Wizards not drink milk? And if thats the case how do they have strong bones, because they won't be getting enough calcium' Ellie mumbeled as she continued to walk around looking for some kind of animal, even a goat or something, maybe some chickens? Ellie stopped in her tracks momentarily 'I've had cheese on toast, Cheese is a dairy product, Dairy comes from cows' she said as she continued walking, 'Maybe they have a sheep? it is New Zealand after all' she mused as she walked, the closes things she had found to a Dog in this school were the boys, and they wern't any fun to train because they wouldn't do what you told them to do anyway.

Ellie stomped her foot in the ground in frustration 'C'mon you stupid school, don't have you have a Muggle Veggie patch!' she said in high frustration, her mother loved to tend to her Veggies, she didn't see why then, but now she really wished that there was something she could to do to get her hands dirty!

“Well you could always start one.” Warren piped up. “There is a gardening club, and I’m sure you’re not the only one who would like to see some edible foods.”

Warren hadn’t been totally sure why he was in the garden. He had been wanting inspiration, and thought that taking a walk would be a good idea. And as he walked, he found himself in the garden. It wasn’t his favourite place on campus. Most of the time, a bunch of the plants were dieing and not being properly attended too, and they truly did kill the mood for the stunning blooms.

The beautiful petals didn’t catch Warren’s attention for more than a few moments. However, there was one particularly large bush plant which Warren simply couldn’t look away from. He remembered that these large plants were often homes to secret club houses at the parks he frequented during his childhood. With that, he decided to try and rummage into the bush. Pushing away some of the pointy pines, and forced his way into the plant. It had the familiar clubhouse open space. However, likely because of his large age, it was not as roomy as his childhood comparisons had been. He stayed here for a few moments, noticing empty potion bottles and candy wrappers before he heard the young student complaining about wizard life.

“And there are wizard farmers…” Warren said as he jumped out of the bush, hoping he wouldn’t scare the student too badly. “They just aren’t a really preferred profession. I don’t see why not, I could do all that a muggle could do with almost none of the physical effort… Maybe I should be a farmer.” He mused with a devilish grin.

“Hi, I’m Warren, you must be new here.” Warren waved to the student and kept on his cheery smile, hoping she would… you know… talk and not just run away from the crazy boy who jumped out of a bush.

Ellie Squeaked slightly when she heard a noise near her, She certainly wasn't imagining it that was loud and definetly real. Ellie looked around the garden with her hands up infront of her so she was ready to strike if anyone or thing jumped her. The Voice continued to talk about there being Wizard Farmers and that maybe he should be one, she raised an eye brow 'Sure, If you want to become one' she said while she looked around to see where the voice was coming from.

Walking around the garden she picked up a medium sized branch with quite a few leaves on it which had fallen off a tree, she was ready to stike. Ellie almost fell over when a boy jumped out of the bush, she did scream how ever and quickly swung the branch hoping to hit the thing that jumped out at her, she wasn't sure what it was exactly, if it was a student or a beast.
Ellie had the branch in a ready position strike again when she remembered that the thing had spoken before she swung at it. Ellie dropped the branch 'Oh Gosh, I'm Sorry' she said to the boy wondering if she had struck him, Ellie was a pretty good shot but sometimes she missed. 'Oh Gosh, I'm Ellie, The Girl who attacks people she just meets' she said wondering if the boy was going to get her in trouble or something, she just started, getting in trouble wasn't on her to do list.

Warren’s fantasies of being the remarkably cool boy who jumps out of bushes (weird fantasy I know), were quickly bashed away. It was not a metaphorical bashing of a fleeing, screaming girl. But rather the more literal sense of it, as Warren had moments to react towards a large bushy branch being flung towards his chest.

Now Warren tried his best to dodge the branch with masterful timing and grace… but come on, it was a branch. Aimed at his chest… Warren couldn’t simply swing his limbs to move with speed and agility. In fact, as he saw the branch only moments before contact, he couldn’t even think how to dodge. If he bent his knees to spring in any direction, he’d be forcing the branch to make contact with his head. If he simply tilted at his waist, he’d just be knocked off balance. Instead he simply allowed the branch to bang into him, laughing off the pain. “Good strike”, Warren commented serenely.

He faced the girl and did a quick mental examination, the flashes of crimson around her body quickly identified her as a 1st year student. “I guess I should expect a Gryffindor to stand her ground. But trust me, I’m not dangerous… So you can drop it now.” Warren hoped that his steady voice would calm her down before she swung a second time.

“So what brings you to the garden’s? Is it your first time here?”

Ellie was glad to see that the boy wasn't very injured and he shook it off with no problems. Raising an eyebrow she looked at the boy, he had picked her as a Gryffindor.. Strange 'How do you Know i'm a Gryffindor, How do you know that its my first time at these Gardens' she said she kept her branch raised and held it facing his chin, Ellie was suspicious, people shouldn't know so much about someone else it was just creep.

Ellie stood her ground until she got her answer which like her said was just like a Gryffindor. Her long brown hair loosely hanging around her shoulders as she studied the boy, he was older than her but she couldn't guess his house, he was kind and friendly, maybe he was a hufflepuff, Hufflepuffs were friendly right?
Ellie didn't like the way the boy was picking her out, she felt exposed but she was certain she was wearing all her clothes.

Warren quirked his head to the side at the girls assault of questions. He narrowed his eyes, trying to understand what had her so unnerved. Then he remembered… he jumped out of a bush.

“Oh well… You get good a picking out people’s houses soon.” Warren began to explain. He had a slight crackle in his voice, as the audible expression of his nervousness and surprise presented itself. “I noticed the little bits of crimson in your outfit… it screams Gryffindor. But then again… I could be wrong. If you denied it I would have believed you.” Warren began to mull over the idea more concretely. When he replied the twangs of nervousness had dissipated, and his friendly extroverted nature took over. He spoke with animated hands, and a natural range of tones. “Actually, it was rather foolish of me to pigeon hold anyone who wears crimson in their outfit as a Gryffindor. Especially if they are out of there school uniform… I mean I own other colour clothing than just yellow. I mean… it’s yellow. No one looks good in yellow” He laughed at the obnociousness of the colour and then continued to answer the girls questions.

“As for the garden… that was more of a question than a statement. Well… no it was a question, I’m pretty sure I asked is it at the start…” He showed the girl his teeth in a big smile before saying, “Are you not freaked out enough that you could drop your club now?”

OOCOut of Character:
I'm not actually allowed to have assumed that your character was wearing crimson. If you want you're allowed to simply tell me that's not true, and I'll make up a reason why Warren was mistaken. :p It might be fun, but so would having the nervous first year realize she was way to obviously a Gryfindoor :p Whatever direction you prefer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back