Night Crawler

Zoii turned her eyes from the night sky to the fire. She peered at Link from the corner of her eyes, unsure whether to speak her mind. However, she figured that you only live once and decided to tell him anyways. "My father... likes to have his mistresses. And when he's infatuated with one and she demands marriage, he does so. No matter if he's married before or not. He's got my custody and he likes to keep me close, so when he remarries, I go to whatever continent his new... for lack of a better word... soul-sucking homewrecker resides. I guess I could be mad at him and have baggage, but who likes a girl with daddy-issues anyways? So yea, I don't like it, and his ways infuriate me, but I live with it."

Zoii looked up at him, "Life's too short to get pissed about things like that. You can't change it, so I just accept it." Zoii really got the vibe that Link didn't like her. She half-cared. He reminded her of a mix of her older brother, her father, and something else.. something uniquely Link. He just always seemed harsh to her. She wasn't the kind of girl that wanted to 'fix the bad boy', but she did wonder if he had another side besides that.

"Oh fu(ks yeah" Link slapped his knee as he bellow out in laughter. Out of all the description you could give to a father, Link thinks he just hit the mother-load. "Wow that just made my entire evening" he sounded so up-beat and laughed again. Zoii didn't look the type to have a father like that, Zoii was actually the type to have parents who were happily marry in their little cottage up a hill with their three children and such. It made him beam when he exhale another puff of smoke, relaxing now that he had his joke for the say, or shall we say fool. He duck his head down right after his out burst, avoiding the stares of Zoii was better than looking directly at her eyes. "So you was drag here basically" he continued to speak, clearing his throat in the middle, "That sucks" he express finally to Zoii. He noticed she hadn't sit down or clear away the view around them. "By any chance are you going to join me or not?" Link flicked cigarette again, "Tell me more about you mystery lady" he snicker some more. He was having a blast and was sure as hell she wasn't enjoying his company. Some odd way he was actually enlighted to have company tonight. She was the first no wait the second person to actually talk to him. He knew he gave out that distraught persona distance feeling towards everyone else. But if he was here with Zoii it was sure a hell of a start.

Strange kid. Who would've known he actually had a happy side. Zoii gave a smile and pointed her wand up. She muttered a spell that rolled back the branches of the trees so they could see the stars. It wouldn't be permanent, but would last at least a week. She took a seat about a foot away from him.

She looked at the fire again, "Yea. My father is... well I love him, but he's just someone with his own moral compass. And it doesn't always point North. I guess I like that he's sort of on the fringes of normal society. Makes me more accepting of people no matter which way they are going in life."

She scratched her arm, which was bitten my a mosquito or ant or something. "More about me... uh... what do you want to know?" She couldn't really think of what he'd want to hear, so she figured she would follow his lead.

"You mention your boyfriend once...your still with him?" Link said his eyes now glue to stars overseeing them both. He knew he had a lack of interest of wanting to be with anyone. He blame this on himself for letting girls get to him that way. If darkness dwell anywhere it would be his heart. It had already crash many times, but yet it continues to exist deep inside him. What makes him cold and feel so shallow, was the rib to another man's cage. Long ago when he felt like he had found her, Link shook his head and flick the cigarette away from his hand. He was tired, put the past behind is all he could do. "Zoii you know I'm sorry for the way I've been acting..." he couldn't believe it, him apologing to a girl he hardly knew. "Maybe ...." he said squeezed his thumb, "I want to say don't waste your time on me because I'm no good for anyone..I want to say you deserve a lot more than just a tramp from the streets..." he scratch the back of his ear, heart throbbing about this time. Its still telling him that he was alive, and a breathing vessel. "I don't what to tell you to be honest..."

Zoii peered at him, trying to read him. "Look Link, I'm not asking you to give up everything and be 100% sure about things. Life is not absolute, things always change. Always. I'm interested in you, I'm not going to lie, but I'm not going to sit here and expect you to marry me and be with me always. We can just try it, and see how it goes. That's all I want for now. And if you think that you aren't good enough, that's just bullsh!t." She smiled at him.

"And just in case you didn't pick up on it, I'm single, kid."

"Yeah I sort just made it fnking complicated as it is" he laughed than apologize again. "Just tell me something at least.." if he said yes or no, because he had been interested from the beginning and now he could tell her right off the back. "What you think of that kiss?" he smirk a little already laying against the bark. Gus expression was fix back to mused again. Rubbing his chest now as he look over at Zoii. "Did you like it or not? I mean..." he laughed again still rubbing his chest and now up his throat. He wanted to cut something, for some reason slice a throat. Maybe its not such a good idea touching his throat like this, he quickly move it down back to his chest again.

"The kiss was..." She smiled slightly, "nice, but surprising. I honestly thought you were the opposite of interested." She shrugged her shoulders. She looked up at the night sky and never guessed she would be here. Her stomach grumbled. She could really use some kind of snack.

"Two questions: One, can you possibly get us some food? And two, what's your story? I've told you about me, you owe me at least some facts." She wrinkled her nose, hoping he would feel comfortable enough to share.

"Ummm unless you want to go back in school than no I don't have any food" he muttered looking at her weird. "My story? You want my autograph to?" he laughed than stood up taking her hands. "Let's go get you something to eat" he reach for her hand and apparated them out before she even stood up to her full length. Once they arrive on purpose again, Link kissed the girl in the mouth, now that they were inside the castle kitchen. He took advantage of this time to always catch her when unexpected. He love playing games at the same time, he wasn't very fond of them when its done to him. "So my story..." he began to say again. "There not much to say..orphanage..house to house...runaway" murder..." ummm that's all about it, I don't think that's enough for not even a prelude"

Zoii took a second the recover from the surprise kiss. "Well I guess not..." If he doesn't want to share, I won't push it. She looked around the kitchens and spotted some apple pie. "Oh snap! My favorite." She looked around again, "Hm... where's a fork? A HA!" She grabbed a fork and proceeded to go around the table to where the pie was. There was a short little house elf next to it. Zoii was never really comfortable with house elves, but as long as they were happy working, she wasn't going to take that away from them. "Mind if I have some? " She asked the house elf, not really sure if it was a boy or a girl.

Link watched the bizarre girl let out loosely around him. He had the sudden urge just to leave her there, why was he wasting his time on another nobody. He stood leaning against the kitchen setting his arms cross, nearly hanging down his chest watching her go hyper over a piece of pie. He swear this one was mental, he figure however if he was capable of handling Fay unappealing attractiveness than he was capable of handling Zoii for the time being. "Are you always like this?" he asked her while brushing the side of his chin with his sleek hands. He was feeling hot again, being inside the castle was frustrating him. Why in the hell did I get chosen? Out of all the students in Hogwarts, why him? It was bad enough they were watching him all the time that's why he stayed inside his dorms. "Anyways I think I may leave soon, New Zealand calling me again" he told her, as if she cared.

Zoii looked up, "Oh, well I guess if you need to leave. Have a good time."

She wasn't going to give him the satisfaction that she'd miss him. He always seemed to be going through stages where he would be interested in her, then totally bored with her. She wasn't going to sit around and babysit him while he figured his sh!t out. She wasn't just some day-dreaming girl who waited for Mr.Mysterious to come around. She wanted either a boyfriend that loved her for her and didn't get bored, or at least a cool, fun guy she could snog with every once in a while. Link needed to decide whether he was into her or not.

"I guess, I'll probably see you around at night sometime? You know me, I'll be reading at my usual spot." She would just leave the ball in his court. If he was interested, he'd make it happen. She wasn't desperate enough to go chasing after him. She had made her interests known, let him do with it what he will.

Zoii was actually pretty proud of herself for making this decision. So many girls her age giggled and gossiped about boys, and it just seemed to make the boys get annoyed with them quickly. Sure, they would date a cute girl for a few weeks, but then when they realized that the girl they were dating merely faked being interested in everything they liked just to get with them, the relationship soon fizzled. Zoii would not be one of those girls. She was who she was, and if that made boys, specifically Link, turned off, then they could go find a bimbo willing to constantly compliment them telling them how cute or smart or strong they were. Those kind of girls were only good for one thing: they pointed out which boys were too shallow for Zoii to waste her time on. She looked up at Link, I know you're complicated, kid, but I hope you are better than to go for that type of girl. I accept you for who you are, I'm asking you to return the favor.

"Yeah right see you around....kid" he leaned away from the structure of the castle walls. He turned on his heel and walked away. By the time he exited the kitchen, he apparted out from Zoii sight. Maybe he would see her later or not. Link was beginning to think the only sanctuary this castle held was his tent just outside the castles courtyard. Now that he knew she was close by, that would change indefinitely.

[Soz short post...PM if you like to again]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back