News that is not so great

Noelle Lurken

OOC First Name
Pat
Wand
Yew Wand 14" Essence of Fairy Dust
The events in this topic has been approved by administrators ;)
Abigail's letter was really quite disconcerting for Noelle. She did not want her son to be hurt by what she and Millard had to discuss with him but it had to be done. First she had to tell her ex-husband, so lying on the couch with a blanket pulled over her belly which she rubbed as she waited. Three more months, she thought with an edge of excitement and anxiety. She could not wait to meet her daughter, to introduce her to her family, to see the beautiful girl that Millard gave her. Without realizing it, she had a smile parted on her lips, she truly did not care about her age or that she was not married to Millard any longer, they loved each other and one day she was sure they would get back together, they both knew it.

lame sorry.

Millard apparated to just outside the house which had become his permanent residence over the past 6 months. The past 6 months had been better than he could have expected, spending everyday with Noelle and their son, something he hadn't done in so long, was the only thing that made the Death Eater happy these days. Entering the house he made his way through the hallway and into the living room, the place he normally found his ex-wife these days. "Hello love." he said as he bent down to kiss Noelle softly on the forehead. "How are my two favourite girls today?" he asked, with a small chuckle as he placed his hand on Noelle's growing belly.

Noelle looked up as Millard entered the house and she pressed a gentle smile onto her lips. It was a good thing he was in high spirits because this would be a difficult conversation that they were to have with their son. "Hi sweetie," she hummed as she accepted the kiss on her forehead before she grinned lovingly at him and said, "Interesting.. Abbey wrote us." She frowned and the lines between her eyebrows became prominent as she continued, "Peter thinks we are married again."

Quick much? xD

Sitting down on the chair beside the couch where Noelle was currently lying, he leaned forward so as to remain as close to Noelle as possible. He became more interested in what Noelle had to say when he said that Abbey had wrote to them. Of course he wasn't expecting it to be anything out of the ordinary, just the usual updates from school and whatnot, but it was always nice to hear from her. Although he was completely thrown off when he heard what news Abbey brought, how exactly Abbey knew what his son thought, he didn't know nor did he care. What mattered now was the news....and how exactly Peter was going to react when he found out that his parents weren't married again. "We should tell him, shouldn't we?" he asked with a tired sigh, knowing full well what the answer would be.

Noelle took a hand off of her stomach as Millard moved to the chair by the couch and motioned for his hand to hold hers. She simply could not get enough contact from her love and she knew this was the source of Peter's believes. She felt guilty but she simply couldn't help herself, this was after all the father of her two children, her ex-husband and her lover. "Yes, we should," she responded blinking tiredly. Why couldn't the world just stop for a little bit and let her rest? She was exhausted from having so many responsibilities.

I told you I wanted to get this thread done :p

Taking Noelle's hand again he smiled a soft smile at her. He knew he was going to have to handle this and tell their son that they weren't back together. All Noelle needed now was the added stress of all of this, she just needed to relax and look after herself and their daughter. Nodding his head he sat back as Noelle called Peter down. Millard didn't know how he was going to do this but he would have to find a way. He found it hard how he, a Death Eater who had done so much evil, could be nervous about telling a young boy something that would shatter his dreams.

Peter curiously toddled down the stairs with his mother wondering what they needed to talk about. He couldn't believe that he was in trouble so when he found his way down stairs his eyes brightened when he saw his father. The young blonde boy let go of his mother's hand and rushed down to him to give him a big hug (well as big as the young child could give). "Daddy!" he said eagerly.

Millard heard Peter coming down the stairs, nerves starting to form in the pit of his stomach. He loved his son and would do anything for him, but he knew what he was about to do would break his little heart – and that was not something that boded well with him. Smiling as his son rushed towards him and gave him a hug Millard gave a little chuckle. “Hello son!” he beamed as he lifted him up and placed him on his knee. “Have you been a good boy for mummy?” he asked, light heartedly – he was putting off what he had to do and he knew it.

Pete's light blue eyes brightened gently as his father lifted him up and rested him on his knee. At the question his father he eyed him suspiciously before nodding vigorously as if he had to prove that he hadn't been bad, although he really hadn't. "Have you been a good boy?" he asked in return smirking playfully at his father.

Millard beamed as his son nodded his head, he never expected him of misbehaving anyway, but he really didn't want to go on to the topic at hand. When his son repeated his question back to him Millard couldn't help but laugh fondly. "And what if I haven't?" he asked as he started to tickle his son. Oh how he missed this when he was away, just spending time with the only two people he loved, and soon to be three, like the family they were. When he stopped tickling Peter he took a sigh and decided he should get this over and done with. "Peter, you know mummy and daddy love each other very much? But sometimes when grown ups love each other....it doesn't mean they are together." he said, hoping his son would be able to understand him. "Well that's like me and mummy. We love each other, you and the baby...but we're not together. Do you know what I'm saying?" he asked with a frown on his face as he watched his son, wondering how he was going to react...if he understood what was being said that is.

Peter laughed and squirmed as he was tickled by his father and when he had stopped, the young boy attempted to regulate his breathing before he listened nervously to his father as he spoke, not fully understanding but when he spoke the words "we're not together" the young boy pouted heavily. This was all his fault! He didn't understand what he had done wrong, why were his parents punishing him. His tear filled blue eyes closed as he nodded his head before jumping off of his father's lap and running upstairs to his bedroom to try and make sense of things, just wanting to be alone so he didn't cause anymore problems with his parents anymore.

Noelle listened to the conversation between her son and Millard, frowning at appropriate parts but she let out a heavy sigh as Peter ran to his bedroom. She could only imagine what he was feeling right now but she also thought that he might like to have time on his own because it could very well end up being a temper tantrum if she went up there and Noelle just did not have the energy to handle one tonight. She made her way to her ex-husband softly and she ran her fingers through his hair soothingly as she said, "He will be fine, do not worry." Noelle did believe that Peter would be fine but she knew he didn't understand but he five, how on earth could she expect him to? All she wanted to do was to protect him from the hurt but she felt like she was the one causing it which only brought tears to her over emotional eyes. What kind of mother hurt their child?

</FONT>
TIME PASSES
<FONT font="Georgia">

Peter's bed was left unslept in, his favourite stuffed animal missing, his shoes missing, his coat missing, Peter was missing. The only thing that gave hint to anything was a letter written in beat red crayon that appeared to be in child's writing, as the letters were sometimes jumbled, the grammar was messy and almost all of it was spelled phonetically. The letter was on the edge of the bed and read, "Deer Mommy and Daddy,/I'me sorre that I mayed misstakes."

As sun rose there was still no sign of the little boy and it was only time until his parents found out he was missing.

Noelle had not slept well at all, she felt guilty and horrible about having to tell her son the truth about herself and Millard so she was more than ready to get up and going once she had awoken but seeing that her love was still asleep in bed beside her she let him rest and left her bedroom in a bathrobe and moved to her son's bedroom, not to wake him just to watch him because she felt above guilty and when she entered she saw an empty bed but she did not understand where he was. It didn't register in the young womans mind but almost a second later her mouth opened wide and she felt nauseous and this time not because of her baby girl. She took a quick step towards it and read the note quickly before letting out a scream, one that would surely wake her ex-husband and one that only briefly showed the start of her emotions. "My baby," she cried, covering her mouth with a shaky hand as she looked at the note again, she read it over and over again and with every second that passed she felt more heartbroken each time.

"Millard!" Noelle yelled as she ran towards back towards their bedroom to wake him. Her words were frantic and incomprehensible as tears streamed down her face that was slowly turning red out of pure fear. "Pete," she choked through the mess of tears and gurgles.

Last time I'm posting with myself.

Millard had felt bad about having to tell his son that he and Noelle weren't together like he had thought they were. He had been unable to get the image on his son's tear-filled eyes and sad face as he realised what he was being told. Millard felt like he was a disgrace as a Death Eater, letting his emotions take over him like they did. Trusting Noelle's judgement on the situation he let his son do whatever it is he had to do and if that was to stay in his room all night then so be it. He had been worried when he hadn't heard any noise coming from the room after a while but figured he had cried himself to sleep. Millard only wished it had been that easy for him as he had taken a long time to fall asleep, the guilt playing havoc with his sleeping patterns.

After what felt like only being asleep for a few seconds he heard a scream and sat up like a shot. Seeing at Noelle wasn't beside him anymore he quickly grabbed his wand and ran out of the room. Seeing Noelle emerge from Peter's room, her eyes red and cheeks wet with tears he became worried. "Noelle! What is it? What's wrong?" he said in a worried, rushed tone. Seeing a piece of paper in Noelle's hand Millard took it into his own and read the words. He immediately noticed his son's writing and anyother time he would have thought the mistakes cute but not today for the words brought fear to the young Death Eater. Scrunching the piece of paper in his hand he ran to Peters room to see for himself. He wasn't there. Raising his wand he wordlessly cast the revealing charm and could see that there was no others in the house.

Running back to his and Noelle's room he began to get changed out of his pajamas and into some warm clothes. "Noelle!" he called for his ex-wife. His voice fast, filled with a mixture of anger and panic. "I need to know all the places that Peter likes to go! I'm going to find out son and that's a promise!" he said, trying to reassure his distraught love. "I want you stay here incase he comes back, ok?" he said as he approached Noelle, now ready to go and look for Peter.

Their wasn't much that the heavily pregnant woman could do as Millard ran about the house but cry. When he returned to her she quickly listed every place he enjoyed the most, there was the park, the toy store, any candy store and a lot more. When she had finished giving him all the information he needed, she put a shaky hand on his cheek and pleaded urgently, "Find him, please." She pressed her lips softly onto his before wiping her eyes with her hand and she pushed him away. "I'll go visit the Paramores and Esmerelda Smickett to ask if Epiphany knows where Pete is," she said before adding quickly, "Then I'll come back."

Noelle wished that there was more that she could do to help but she did need to make sure that should Pete return home that she was here to comfort him because she knew that he would be scarred. Without giving him time to respond she changed into something a bit more appropriate but still it was hastily put on because well she was in a rush, she then floo'ed out of the house to find her son's best friend if she knew where Peter was and to see if he actually was there.

Millard repeated all of Peters favourite places to go over and over again in his head. His ex-wife's crying was causing him to become more frantic as he rushed to get ready. "I'll find him I promise." he said as he placed a small kiss on his loves forehead. He was a bit hesitant to agree with Noelle travelling to and from people's homes, one: Peter might return home while she was gone and that wouldn't be good fr the young boy at all; two: Noellw was really in no condition to travel, she was heavily pregnant and one wrong move and...well Millard didn't even want to go there. Sighing he nodded his head, he knew it would do Noelle no good just sitting in the house...waiting...worried! "OK! I'll be back soon with our son. I promise." he said as he waited for Noelle to get changed and watched her use the floo network to one of Peter's friends house, once she was gone so was Millard.

Time Passes

Millard was growing tired now! He had searched almost everywhere that Noelle had told him to go too but so far he had no luck. It was growing late the sun was starting to set, he knew he had to find his son soon. He didn't want his little bo spending the night out in the cold and the dark, he would never forgive himself. He just wished that Noelle had better luck at the Paramores and with Ms Smickett than he was having so far. Millard would have returned home earlier to see how Noelle had gotten on but he had promised he would return with Peter and would only return when he had found his son. With one more frantic search in the toy shop before being told that they were closing he gave up. Exiting the shop he could only think of one more place where Peter could be. With a heavy sigh he prayed to Merlin or whatever God was looking over him and his family that Peter was there, and he apparated off once more.

It was getting later in the day and Peter was really hungry and cold. He had not planned too far ahead but he couldn't go back now, he wouldn't. He made his Mum and Dad upset and so they could be together for the baby he had to be away, he truly believed this. He didn't know where to go or how to get to Eppy's so he sat in the sandbox in the park in Brightstone, watching people around him as he shook from the cool breaze that he was ill-prepared for.

Hugged close to his body was his stuffed animal, Banana and he quietly spoke to it as he made the sand dance, without really knowing how he was doing it, before him trying to cheer himself up in anyway he could but it was very difficult considering everything going on.

Millard had no luck! He knew he search would have to come to an end soon and return to Noelle empty handed. In an attempt to clear his mind Millard walked along the quiet streets of Brightstone. Nearly everyone was going home now as it was getting late so he was able to think in relative peace. As a wind blew a few pieces of sand into his eyes Millard looked up to see the source of it. Millard's eyes widened as he saw where they were coming from, forgetting about the mild sting in his eyes he broke out in a run. Falling into the sandbox beside his son Millard embraced him, "Peter!" he said, feeling tears starting to well up in his eyes, glad that he had found his son. "Don't ever do that again." he said, his voice weak from tiredness but with whatever seriousness he had left tracing his words.

Peter went to yell as he felt someone grab him but when he heard his father's voice he calmed down severely and said quietly, "Daddy. I'm sorry." He squirmed away from his father and crossed his arms against his chest and pouted heavily, clearly upset at himself for what he thought he did wrong to his parents. "I didn't want Mommy to get mad at you," he said, referring to what he had been told hours ago.

[color=000]Millard frowned noticeably as Peter squirmed away from him. He knew what he had told Peter was going to be hard for him to process at such a young age but seeing him pout Millard couldn’t help but feel more guilty at what he had put his son through, it wasn’t right of him. He didn’t really have to know that Noelle and himself weren’t together again, he was always at the house and they were a family, what else mattered? Hearing his son’s words Millard shook his head, “Son why would mummy be angry at me?” he asked, confused.

Peter gave his father a look that asked if he was a dumby and answered as if it was obvious but still feeling guilty about everything he had done. "I did something I think," he said quietly, not really sure what he had done wrong so he blurted out, "Why would Mummy want you away?" He wiped his eyes from the tears that where forming in hi soft blue-green eyes.

Millard frowned his eyebrows, what was his son on about? Millard attempted to pull his son closer again, he was bound to be freezing. Speaking in a soft tone he asked his son, “Pete, you did nothing wrong. Is that you ran away? You thought you did something bad?” He wasn’t completely sure if that’s what was going through the young boys mind right now, but it’s what it sounded like to Millard. “And mummy doesn’t want me away.” he said with a slight chuckle. “Mummy wants me to stay with you, her and the baby and I am. I’m not going anywhere.” he added reassuringly to his young son.

The five year old wanted to resist being in his father's arms but he was tired, cold and just plain confused so he didn't push away again and shivered into his father's arms and listened to him as he asked him why he had ran away and he nodded his head gently. "Didn't I?" he asked anxiously, uncertain if he really wanted to know the answer because with every passing moment he was missing his Mummy more and more and just wanted to be with his family.

Peter didn't think it was funny what his Daddy was saying so as his father chuckled, he just sat quietly. "I don't understand," he admitted, looking down at his goose bump ridden fingers. "You says Mummy and you not married," he added, frowning heavily to himself.

Millard was glad that Peter hadn't tried to squirm out of his arms this time, even through his thick coat he could feel his son shivering. Millard hugged him tighter, but not so he would be uncormfortable, to try and warm him up. Millard shook his head lightly at his son, "No son you didn't do anything. Apart from giving me and your mother a really scare." he said lightly, not wanting his son to feel bad anymore than he probably already did.

Millard let out a sigh when Peter said he didn't understand, of course he didn't. How was a 5 year old meant to understand grown up things that sometimes the grown ups didn't even understand. But Millard was determined to help his son understand, he shouldn't be blaming himself for something that wasn't his fault. "We're not married. But we still love each other." he told his son. "And we love you too and the baby." he added, wanting to reassure his son, hoping it was working.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back