OOC First Name
Jess S
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Wand
Knotted 17 1/2 Inch Rigid Ash Wand with Dragon Heartstring Core
As she was sorted, Tanith found a seat quickly at the Hufflepuff table, sitting with other kids her age. She was quiet, watching obediently as the last handful of students were sorted, letting out a breath as the feast started. She looked around, quick to grab a roll and some salad from a big bowl nearby. The table seemed to respond to her wishes, and she found dressing and toppings for her food nearby as well. She peeked to the boy she'd sat next to- she couldn't quite remember his name, she'd heard so many. "H-hello," She greeted, giving him a shy, shaky smile. "I'm Tanith- what's your name?"

Thomas honestly didn't really know how to feel about the place. It seemed overwhelming at the moment and his cat was somewhere he didn't really know where. He was homesick though. He missed his family. He wondered if there was a way he could convince one of the professors to take him home or something. Thomas sat nervously at the Hufflepuff table, the house he was newly sorted to. There were so many people around him that he didn't know. Thomas was slowly eating away at his food, when he heard a voice beside him, jumping a little, not really expecting someone to be talking to him. He gave the girl a small yet shy smile and gave her a timid wave. "Hi... I'm T-Thomas"

Tanith smiled, honestly feeling a touch of home as he told her his name. "Thomas? I like that," She spoke without thinking, before flushing and hurrying to explain herself. "Oh! I-I just- I mean," She swallowed hard. "My siblings and I all have T names, too, so it just- it's familiar," She stuttered, tripping over her words and giggling shyly. "Sorry, um, hi," She tried again, holding out her hand to shake his.

Thomas shrugged as Tanith had liked his name. He guessed that his name was okay, though the girl seemed a bit embarrassed by what she had just said. "Oh... That's cool" Thomas said with a small nod, now understanding by the context. "My s-siblings have different starting letters" Thomas says with a small smile. "Hi.." Thomas says softly with a soft smile, before grabbing a hold of Tanith's hand and giving it a small gentle shake.

Tanith let out a little breath and scooted closer. She'd unknowingly latched onto Thomas. "There are so many people," She told him, peeking around before looking back at him. "Am I the only one that feels like they're going to get squished?" She whispered, even as she reached to make a plate for herself- and one for him, getting him some of the nearby food.

Thomas nodded his head in agreement. "S-So many people" Thomas stuttered out softly. He didn't know how people could sit together like this. It was like he was surrounded by so many people. "F-feels like people are gonna squish us a-any minute," Thomas said softly, as he looked around. He wasn't the biggest fan of crowded spaces. He noticed more food was added to his plate, and began to grow confused. Did more food just magically appear on your plate around here? (Though he did not notice Tanith add more food to his plate)

Tanith settled in with her own food, taking tiny bites and looking around. "Let's make a deal then," She offered, finding it easier to talk when they weren't meeting each others eyes. "Let's stick together- its not so bad if we aren't alone," She tried, hoping that he would agree with her.

Thomas perked up a little when Tanith had mentioned making a deal, feeling a little nervous about what sort of deal this was. He hoped it wasn't anything too crazy. However, when he heard what she had said, he quickly nodded his head. "Y-yeah, that sounds good," Thomas said softly with a nod, did he really manage to make a friend on his first day at Hogwarts? If so, he was glad that it didn't seem like he was going to be alone here at this school.

Tanith visibly relaxed, and gave Thomas a more sure smile. "Thanks," She murmured, and started eating. "So... where are you from?" She asked, trying to get to know him more. "Tell me about you?" She offered, already feeling better- a bit from his company, a bit from finally getting something into her empty stomach.

Thomas smiled shyly at his newfound friend. Honestly, he was shocked to make a friend so fast in this place. He wasn't sure if it was going to happen all the time, but it would be nice to think so. Thomas shrugged at Tanith. "W-what do you wanna know?" Thomas asked Tanith softly. Thomas wasn't sure where to start, or what she wanted to know about him, so he guessed he could start from what she wanted to know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back